Adam Driver as Kylo Ren / Ben Solo in TROS

Go down

Adam Driver as Kylo Ren / Ben Solo in TROS Empty Adam Driver as Kylo Ren / Ben Solo in TROS

Post by shii405 on Wed 25 Dec - 7:14

I read this and I just realized how much Adam is attached with Kylo/Ben's character and really enjoyed playing this role.
(I'm really glad, cos I love Han Solo but I'm sad to know Harrison does not like the character much and wanted him dead since 1980, lol)
To think of it, he is very protective of Kylo Ren character since TFA, he kept saying he does not see him as the villain.

What are his opinions of Kylo/Ben's arc in TROS? Do we get hints and clues of how he feels about it? I have not watched all of his TROS interviews.

How Adam Driver’s angst and brooding intensity made the world fall in love with a ‘Star Wars’ supervillain
https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-features/adam-driver-star-wars-dec-2019-cover-912404/

Adam Driver as Kylo Ren / Ben Solo in TROS Screen13
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Adam Driver as Kylo Ren / Ben Solo in TROS Empty Re: Adam Driver as Kylo Ren / Ben Solo in TROS

Post by guardienne on Fri 27 Dec - 22:36

he's a fantastically intense dude. one of my friends wasn't really into him after TFA and over the years i wore her defenses down with a bunch of movies. it's been a really cool journey getting to know him and his body of work.

and i gotta say, i wasn't sold on the cape at all for him in TLJ, but he wore the s*** out of it in TROS.
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Adam Driver as Kylo Ren / Ben Solo in TROS Empty Re: Adam Driver as Kylo Ren / Ben Solo in TROS

Post by BenSoloLives on Fri 10 Jan - 0:02

@guardienne wrote:and i gotta say, i wasn't sold on the cape at all for him in TLJ, but he wore the s*** out of it in TROS.

Have to agree with this. Hated the cape in TLJ, but something about it worked in IX.
Maybe because he was mostly wet with it and so it just hung down his back instead of looking silly with it billowing?
But I could be mis-remembering the movie since it was so bad. tongue

As Ben Solo he had no lines and precious few minutes of screen time and he still stole the whole movie as far as I am concerned.

BenSoloLives
BenSoloLives
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 10 Jan - 1:10

I'd happily watch a dozen movies with Ben Solo.

I couldn't bear to watch another five minutes with the Trio.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne on Fri 10 Jan - 11:01

@BenSoloLives wrote:
@guardienne wrote:and i gotta say, i wasn't sold on the cape at all for him in TLJ, but he wore the s*** out of it in TROS.

Have to agree with this. Hated the cape in TLJ, but something about it worked in IX.
Maybe because he was mostly wet with it and so it just hung down his back instead of looking silly with it billowing?

@BenSoloLives

i really liked the billowing cape Winks

guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 10 Jan - 11:54

So did I.
Rumour has it this film isn't going to be the success they thought it would. That's what you get when creating a"villain" who's more interesting and more sympathetic than the heroes!😁
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Fri 10 Jan - 22:47

@BenSoloLives wrote:

As Ben Solo he had no lines and precious few minutes of screen time and he still stole the whole movie as far as I am concerned.

@BenSoloLives

I have to agree. Ben Solo was amazing, I really wished they had put time and effort to tell his story.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 10 Jan - 23:05

They just can't accept that he's was the best thing in the trilogy.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum