Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by special_cases on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 4:28 pm

"Good Ship, Bad Ship" and "Rey Climbs Pipes" feels very organic to the outcome of this movie lol!
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Forsythia on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 4:57 pm

@vaderito wrote:
1M06 Ren's Entrance

1M08 Approaching The Nursery

1M09 Rey Wakes Up

Is the Nursery referring to Palpatine's chamber with the creepy Snoke clones or did Rey originally dream of a Reylo baby? Question

5M30 Under a Blanket
Which scene is this? I thought it might be Leia under the sheet but can't be, since the cue comes before 6M05 Leia Lies Down.

8M14 Ben to Rey

8M15 Horn Solo

8M16 End Credits

9M03 Bows

9M05ALT Return to Tattooine
Probably a typo. Must have meant "Horny Solo" and the original ending was just Reylo smut Very Happy But seriously, what does it mean? I don't think there was a horn solo near the end of the soundtrack, except maybe the beginning of the Finale. But that sounds like there was no Resistance celebration/trio reunion in this cut? And the cues 9M03 Bows and 9M05ALT Return to Tattooine that are listed after the End Credits looks very much like they were thrown in last minute since they are not even at the right place. So does this mean there was a film version that ended with Ben and Rey, but they decided to add that terrible nostalgic trio reunion with Yoda's theme and Luke and Leia's theme that make no thematic sense as well as the terrible Tatooine Rey Skywalker ending? Crying or Very sad

Edit:
What's very interesting, is that the jwfan Cue List also includes a cue from episode 3 that is named "7M03 The Birth Of The Twins" and it appears near the Nursery cue Shocked Does anyone know if "The Birth of the Twins" track still appears in the final film (maybe for simple nostalgic instead of thematic reasons?). Otherwise it seems there really was some nursery/baby scenes in a previous version of he film that were cut entirely, and I can think of three possible scenarios:
1) There was a Reylo baby (maybe Rey or Ben has reappearing visions, in the end it becomes true). It could explain the weird scenes where it looks like Rey is longing to have a child (on Tatooine where she is looking longingly at the children, and when she is "adopting" D-O and acting all motherly. These moments don't seem like she is just longing for family/parents, but specifically for children).
2) There were flashbacks of baby Ben but they were cut when they tried to make Ben look more villainous.
3) There were flashbacks to Luke and Leia as babies. It makes absolutely no sense to include these scenes and could explain why they were cut, but with Terrio's obsession with the twins and all that nonsense about "the original sin" of separating the twins at birth and wrapping the lightsabers in a blanket like newborn babies, I could really imagine him squeezing in some weird flashbacks to the twins in Leia's or Force Ghost Luke's scenes. It would also explain why the "Birth of the Twins" cues was used instead of new music. Unfortunately, with the mess that TROS is and all the terrible "the Twins!" interviews, I really think this scenario is the one that is most likely to be true No
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 4:17 am

So some of the art book stuff is leaking (in Korean). There's the Oracle, y'all! And Ben Solo in his black sweater.

The oracle was in the original JP leak from spring, the one that was received fairly well. The one with Matt Smith as Palpatine and Rey resurrecting Ben. There's no other solid evidence for the latter two, but when most of the other JP stuff was accurate (outside of some Reylo/Kylo stuff the source felt like omitting), and Matt Smith was attached at some early point, it raises the possibility of the other things being real.

It's possible even with the better ideas, TROS still wouldn't have necessarily been a good movie. But I feel like it was closer than it looks from the end result. Why they thought Palpatine still in physical form with no explanation would go over better than a possession/reembodiment story is beyond me. And let's not get going on the "is there a version where Ben lived and if so why did they change it" conversation.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 4:26 am

https://twitter.com/JadoreReyBen/status/1217696999350267905

The oracle scene looks kind of cool. And the art for Kylo on the throne with Dark!Rey standing next to him is amazing. Why did they not give us Rey's vision? Crying or Very sad
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 4:34 am

@Forsythia wrote:https://twitter.com/JadoreReyBen/status/1217696999350267905

The oracle scene looks kind of cool. And the art for Kylo on the throne with Dark!Rey standing next to him is amazing. Why did they not give us Rey's vision? Crying or Very sad
@Forsythia

[edit]
The best SW movie never made.

Last edited by Moonlight13 on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : leaked picture)
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 6:33 am

@californiagirl wrote:So some of the art book stuff is leaking (in Korean). There's the Oracle, y'all! And Ben Solo in his black sweater.

The oracle was in the original JP leak from spring, the one that was received fairly well. The one with Matt Smith as Palpatine and Rey resurrecting Ben. There's no other solid evidence for the latter two, but when most of the other JP stuff was accurate (outside of some Reylo/Kylo stuff the source felt like omitting), and Matt Smith was attached at some early point, it raises the possibility of the other things being real.

It's possible even with the better ideas, TROS still wouldn't have necessarily been a good movie. But I feel like it was closer than it looks from the end result. Why they thought Palpatine still in physical form with no explanation would go over better than a possession/reembodiment story is beyond me. And let's not get going on the "is there a version where Ben lived and if so why did they change it" conversation.

I think it would have been better than what we got. With Ben alive it would at least been uplifting.
I'll never understand why they opted for the theatrical version. Or forgive them. I've loved SW for forty years. Now they're forever tainted.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 7:24 am

The oracle is weird as f***. A spider on top of a baby's head lol?

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 8:25 am

I'm a big fan of Filoni's out there stuff so Oracle is right up my alley. But then, I adore POTC:AWE for its out there stuff so what do I know? Most people hate that movie.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 8:50 am

@vaderito wrote:I'm a big fan of Filoni's out there stuff so Oracle is right up my alley. But then, I adore POTC:AWE for its out there stuff so what do I know? Most people hate that movie.
@vaderito

Curious Very Happy Smile

Do you know, or any guesses/theories as to why the Art of book was delayed from day and date with the movie to the end of March?
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 9:03 am

No idea. I just know that jediPaxis said that oracle was removed casue it was confusing to casual audience. My guess is that 'casual audience" are Disney employees, friedns and fmaily to whom they show movies and parts of movies for feedback.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 9:07 am

I think what happened is that the Oracle aesthetic can be alienating/weird (even though I like it), and people focused more on that instead of paying attention to the plot point. So instead of fixing the visuals, they just removed the plot point altogether.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 9:09 am

@californiagirl wrote:So some of the art book stuff is leaking (in Korean). There's the Oracle, y'all! And Ben Solo in his black sweater.

@californiagirl

That was different leak. Oracle and Matt Smith are not connected. Matt Smith was from JW's old sources and then JW just confirmed Oracle leak that was posted by JP. JP's source wasn't leaking Matt Smith and Rey ressurecting Ben scenario.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 9:49 am

people that were more focused on finding way to zombie-fy Leia than tell a coherent, satisfying story were worried that Oracle would be too weird.  The nerve. Zombie Leia was a disaster. They should have known early on and dropped that futile exercize in stretching uncanny valley limits.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 10:06 am

@vaderito wrote:I'm a big fan of Filoni's out there stuff so Oracle is right up my alley. But then, I adore POTC:AWE for its out there stuff so what do I know? Most people hate that movie.
I like all the POTC films, my favourite is Dead Man's Chest.

At least they all had stories....
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 11:43 am

When 80% of your screentime and "character arc" in TROS is this:
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 16 Fb_img19

SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 12:37 pm

@SheLitAFire wrote:When 80% of your screentime and "character arc" in TROS is this:

@SheLitAFire

He screams her name 23 (TWENTY THREE) times. He was pathetic in this movie lmao
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 12:40 pm

@special_cases My bad, I get leaks mixed up, I sort of categorized them both as "pre-reshoot" leaks from last spring, April-ish. Oracle was pre-Celebration, Matt Smith and resurrection were post-Celebration?

People claiming there's no Palpatine in the book, no Exogol beyond the Jedi texts. Ben Solo with a beard! (Leading some to speculate a time jump and we're back in "did Ben live" territory). Has anyone seen Tatooine concept art yet?

There's something about Palpatine in TROS that's just really off. Dude has like 5-6 minutes of screentime but the movie ends up basically being about him anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if the original concept for him, or even what they initially filmed, was so radically different from the end result they couldn't even include it in a concept art book. I swear the world just wants to add more fuel to my "Rey Palpatine was a reshoots add" crack theory.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 12:56 pm

Tweeted Phil about the Art of book today

"I hope the release date will change to an earlier one, because it has been released in South Korea (have to love the internet!) 😊

ISBNs are different - hope it's because of different world regions versus versions of the book. There is unease about the change from 12/20 to 3/31"

https://twitter.com/AliaaAloha/status/1217880630572109824

He replied with:

"The exact same Art of TROS book will be sold around the world, just in different languages."

https://twitter.com/PhilSzostak/status/1217881456187281408
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 1:04 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@SheLitAFire wrote:When 80% of your screentime and "character arc" in TROS is this:

@SheLitAFire

He screams her name 23 (TWENTY THREE) times. He was pathetic in this movie lmao
TLJ was Finn's best film. Contrary to so many he didn't spend his time being 'told off' by Rose, because we learned Rose wasn't completely right.

Finn had never signed on to the Resistance, he just wanted to leave the FO. He was the most relatable character in TLJ.

TROS should have been where he recruited stormtroopers to join them. But Jannah got that role

I wish the film had revolved at the conflict between the FO led by Kylo, and the Resistance led by Poe. With Rey and Finn trying to end the conflict.

motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 1:28 pm

That Ree-eee-eee-eeey meme is simultaniously a funny and sad summary of Finn's character arc. tends to happen when you don't know what to do with the character beyond being main character's companion until she meets pivotal characters for her hero journey.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 1:33 pm

Finn was the character I was looking forward the most in the pre-TFA days. They did him so dirty. So much wasted potential.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 1:44 pm

I think that the problem with Finn is that they never wanted to do anything with his Trooper past beyond exposition but rushed to integrate him into Resisatnce. Boyega's lobbying for FS Finn didn't help either. So when you think about it, there was no interest among any big players in doing something with that premise. Actor wanted a shortcut to Jedi robes, the rest of them wanted a Rebel with an edgy past but a Rebel nonetheless. in the end, they even gave Poe an edgy past (blech) that also didn't do anything for his arc or the plot.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 1:48 pm

A d the same with Rose, Rey and Kylo.
While Poe, the least three dimensional of the lit, got the most screen time.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 1:50 pm

Yeah, I mean, the character was doomed after the second act of TFA. It was obvious they wrote the guy to be the sidekick which.. yikes. It's just that the potential of a stormtrooper breaking free of the conditioning was such a cool and powerful idea and went nowhere LMAO. They don't even allow Finn to properly react to his past. It's bizarre.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 1:58 pm

His character was originally a smuggler and trooper change was an 11th hour. so they kept lucky-go happy persona, which contradicts "born and raised to be a killer", and woo-hoo style of offing other Troopers and no wonder he never made any sense. On top of that, the character was specifically created to be Kira/Rey's companion instead of Luke, who was stealing her spotlight in that role,and thus was removed. Goes without saying that new companion was not to upstage Rey. This is a short summary of the development since Arndt days. And, again, it didn't help that the actor was singularly focused on lobbying for FS rather than anything else.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum