Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars...

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 5 Empty Re: Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars...

Post by vaderito on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 1:15 pm

staying faithful to the past at the expense of anything moving forward is what TROS did at the end. It dropped dyad concept, which was an interesting new thing moving forward, for "lone Jedi" status quo that we've seen in ROTJ already.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 5 Empty Re: Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars...

Post by californiagirl on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 1:37 pm

I think they're trying to get a bigger audience to the HL stuff than they were attracting with publishing before the canon reboot, though I don't know if that will actually work. Like they're relying on Disney's megacorporation status to cover all possible franchising potential, so the ventures prop each other up. Thus the sudden expansion of SW stuff in various forms just before and after TROS (multiple shows, new streaming service, theme park, video game, VR) to make up for the current lack of movies. Which will in turn possibly cycle back into more shows and movies for the GA? Dunno if that pans out, most MCU/DC moviegoers don't read comic books either, and 20 years of comic book movie domination hasn't really changed that.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 05 Mar 2020, 5:39 am

@reylo1992 wrote:
@AhsokaTano wrote:@Reylo1992
Interesting views from Cavan Scott - The more I mull it over the more am convinced Ben is ok and Rey knows that . No one is ever gone in Star Wars and Jedi don’t see going back to the force as a bad thing but as the ideal . I guess we’ll know more from the novel but the dyad would mean surely that Ben too is part of the living force just as Rey is part of the cosmic . Their bond isn’t like an ordinary force bond that ends in death . Their dyad bond we are told transcends space and time .
I’ve noticed too with TROS there is kind of a division on how women and men view the whole Ben’s fate and his sacrifice . The reylos mainly women ( though some men too)like us tend to be upset by it( though I am trying to find ways round it as don’t believe they’ll just let Ben stay dead ) and the men see it as Ben being noble, protective and showing complete love for Rey . Just goes to show men and women do think differently and obi wan was right that the truth is subject to your point of view and opinion.
@AhsokaTano

Chef's kiss to your previous post. I have never doubted that Ben is okay whatever his fate is. The fact that Adam picked up during his Pop Corn interview a song where a guy leaves for an unknown amount of time but promisesto bring his girl a wedding ring is already a a good indication that disappearance doesn't necessarily mean the end of their story. Even if he's dead for good, it's not so dramatic in itself because we know that they can be reunited in the afterlife in one way or another. It's the execution that unfortunately derails the intention that the ending was meant to convey. I believe that he left with peace and purpose and Rey sensed it the same way she sensed it with Luke. The difference is that Luke was an old man without any blossoming romance, was given a beautiful last scene full of symbolism and that Leia & Rey mentioned him leaving with "peace & purpose" enabled the viewer to mourn and "heal" from his death easily.

My brother is a huge Luke fan. And he thought the ending was perfect.

motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum