Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2

Post by Guest on Sun 10 Apr 2016, 11:29 am

@vaderito wrote:JJ's style is typical of "when you look back you'll see certain scenes in different light" build. Once Reylo happens, people will look back and go "it has always been there!".
@vaderito Yes, he does that.. for example, when i saw Star trek for the first time i totally missed all Uruha/Spock signs and was surprised when it happened. At the beginning Kirk meets Uruha in a bar and they flirt, he starts a fight with other cadets https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF5ZFnOg0OY They had few more scenes and had so much screen time together that i was sure they're gonna end up together. And then boom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zabmZJ66PlQ Spock and her are already together for some time. But when you watch it again you can see that it was there from the start. Spock is Vulcan (They don't show emotions and appreciate logic the most) and he assigned her to USS Farragut even though she wanted Enterprise (because "It was an attempt to avoid the appearance of favoritism.") She then says something like "No, i'm assigned to Enterprise" and he answers "Yes, i believe you are" Just like that? It wasn't logical at all. Later in the movie she watches him, she's worried when he goes to save his parents...so many signs, but i just didn't see any of them. I guess it will be the same with Reylo. I watched TFA with my best friend and didn't tell her anything until yesterday when she mentioned the movie to another friend who watched it once in the cinema and was sure Rey is Luke's daughter (because her dad told her so) and her and Finn will be together. Now both of them think reylo would be very interesting, but her dad told us that all 3 of us are "crazy Twilight fans" Laughing


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2

Post by Kylo Ren's 8-Pack on Sun 10 Apr 2016, 12:10 pm

-

Folks were talking earlier about Adam's habit of not wanting to watch his own performances.....

This is indeed true.

He makes it a point to not watch his own performances as he finds it makes him feel uncomfortable and somewhat 'disappointed' in his performance.
Once you do a performance for a scene and it is captured on film you cannot go back and 'improve' on what you had done.
It bothers him that there is no way he can go back and 'do it better'.
Adam has never watched a single episode of 'Girls' or anything else he has done that I know of based on what he has said in the past, the exception being his viewing of TFA with Carrie and Daisy.

Personally, i am glad he agreed to see himself in TFA.
Doing so will hopefully show him the impact he had within the context of that film,  and he can now start thinking about how he wants to convey his performance for that character in the next chapter.

So look out ...!
Kylo Ren 2.0 is going to be incredible!
Smile
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 174
Likes : 897
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2

Post by Reynak on Sun 10 Apr 2016, 12:21 pm

@vaderito, it's intersting for some, I wonder why so many people, not just the ones I know personally still believe they are cousins. There were a lot of people on the other forum thinking we are wrong and insisting Rey is a skywalker. This makes me wonder why, as it wasn't always caused by previous expectations. I think that assumption should have been debunked already becasue it affects people's perception of both Kylo and Rey separate and together.
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 691
Likes : 4402
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2

Post by Reynak on Sun 10 Apr 2016, 12:46 pm

@Gemini wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@Gemini wrote:Even though I didn't notice reylo the first time round (I was too focused on how they were developing Rey) I did notice when he asked to be her teacher and I remember thinking "oh my god is he seriously thinking she will say yes after everything he just did" that is what stops her from saying yes. I think had he not done that to Han or Finn she would have said yes, because of the connection built in the interrogation scene. As an audience you don't expect her to say yes and she doesn't. It's no surprise. But it raises a theme that he wants to mentor her and be with her and that theme is not closed by the end of the movie. The way she looks at him when the ground breaks indicated that the question has not really been answered and has time to build and develop, he needs to sort himself out first and redeem himself before she will say yes and I think he knows that.
@Gemini

This. In a movie series full of loud, extended NO's, Rey didn't say No. She fought him but she didn't say No. There was no verbal refusal. They could have added it but there's a reason why they didn't. As you said in bolded.


She knows what he wants by the time she opens her eyes and of course she is going to punish him for even thinking that way after what he has done. What's worse she let him in on that cliff edge and she liked it so she's punishing him for that too. Punishing him for making her feel this way. Opens her eyes after sharing a pleasurable moment with him, sees his handsome face (which they totally made beautiful in that shot) and she's going to punish him for that, for having a face she's attracted to and for being a man she is clearly connected to...and he's a "monster
"

@vaderito
@Gemini



I couldn't agree more.
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 691
Likes : 4402
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Sun 10 Apr 2016, 12:53 pm

@Reynak wrote:@vaderito, it's intersting for some, I wonder why so many people, not just the ones I know personally still believe they are cousins. There were a lot of people on the other forum thinking we are wrong and insisting Rey is a skywalker. This makes me wonder why, as it wasn't always caused by previous expectations. I think that assumption should have been debunked already becasue it affects people's perception of both Kylo and Rey separate and together.
@Reynak

But that's the point, they need to leave some things up in the air, or else more people are going to figure out what's going to happen.
Can't deliver an answer to why people are thinking it though. Perhaps lightsabers are the GFFA's version of DNA tests? scratch
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1088
Likes : 6115
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 24
Localisation : Germany

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2

Post by vaderito on Sun 10 Apr 2016, 12:53 pm

@Reynak wrote:@vaderito, it's intersting for some, I wonder why so many people, not just the ones I know personally still believe they are cousins. There were a lot of people on the other forum thinking we are wrong and insisting Rey is a skywalker. This makes me wonder why, as it wasn't always caused by previous expectations. I think that assumption should have been debunked already becasue it affects people's perception of both Kylo and Rey separate and together.
@Reynak

Forums don't matter Forums are people who have accounts all over Internet, practically same group posting again and again. Forums, social media, SDCC mean nothing.

They don't have to debunk anything. Almost everyone believed that Rey was Hanleia daughter going into the movie. Turned out that she wasn't (even though some held onto it to the bitter end). Same will happen with Rey Skywalker debunk in the movie and Reylo becoming canon. People easily adjust. It's rabid fanboys who don't. Also, you'll notice that Rey Skywalker isn't something that casual movie goers want but more of a resignation that such reveal is inevitable cause previous movies. However, in 4 months after TFA release, scale is tipping against Rey Skywalker on the Internet cause more and more you can hear "I hope not".

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10991
Likes : 53329
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2

Post by Rogue Rey on Sun 10 Apr 2016, 12:54 pm

I know TFA is not a gothic tale but a fairy tale but this quote says Kylo Ren to me:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 - Page 40 1630018044-06ab8aae38223b798093d916328ddfa1

He just wants love Crying or Very sad and because he doesn't get it he compensates with his anger Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 800
Likes : 3714
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Localisation : England

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2

Post by vaderito on Sun 10 Apr 2016, 1:00 pm

bela.mesecina wrote:  
@vaderito Yes, he does that.. for example, when i saw Star trek for the first time i totally missed all Uruha/Spock signs and was surprised when it happened. At the beginning Kirk meets Uruha in a bar and they flirt, he starts a fight with other cadets https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF5ZFnOg0OY   They had few more scenes and had so much screen time together that i was sure they're gonna end up together. And then boom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zabmZJ66PlQ  Spock and her are already together for some time. But when you watch it again you can see that it was there from the start. Spock is Vulcan (They don't show emotions and appreciate logic the most) and he assigned her to USS Farragut even though she wanted Enterprise (because "It was an attempt to avoid the appearance of favoritism.") She then says something like "No, i'm assigned to Enterprise"  and he answers "Yes, i believe you are"   Just like that? It wasn't logical at all. Later in the movie she watches him, she's worried when he goes to save his parents...so many signs, but i just didn't see any of them. I guess it will be the same with Reylo. I watched TFA with my best friend and didn't tell her anything until yesterday when she mentioned the movie to another friend who watched it once in the cinema and was sure Rey is Luke's daughter (because her dad told her so) and her and Finn will be together. Now both of them think reylo would be very interesting, but her dad told us that all 3 of us are "crazy Twilight fans"  Laughing  

@bela.mesecina

Great example. JJ doesn't believe in obviousness but his love of Mystery Box is preventing his movies form being truly great. take horribly stilted Hanleia dialog "I saw him. I saw our son" "It was Snoke who seduced our son to the Dark Side" "We lost our son forever" "if you see our son, bring him home". Nobody talks like that. In real dialog, "our son" would be replaced with "Ben". However, for some inexplicable reason, JJ decided to make a big reveal out of Kylo Ren's given name...to no effect. I mena, what were we audience expected to do? Clutch pearls? Gasp for air? Scream? Cheer? Cringe? Name reveal means nothing to us. It only meant something to Kylo that he's heard it again after very long time. So he froze. We didn't cause why would we? It only affects him, not us. So it was a wasted effort. Dialog was stilted and nobody had any special reaction to the fact that Kylo's name is Ben.

Anyway, bow to Mark, people, bow to Mark:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 - Page 40 Image31
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10991
Likes : 53329
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2

Post by Reynak on Sun 10 Apr 2016, 1:33 pm

@vaderito wrote:
bela.mesecina wrote:  
@vaderito Yes, he does that.. for example, when i saw Star trek for the first time i totally missed all Uruha/Spock signs and was surprised when it happened. At the beginning Kirk meets Uruha in a bar and they flirt, he starts a fight with other cadets https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF5ZFnOg0OY   They had few more scenes and had so much screen time together that i was sure they're gonna end up together. And then boom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zabmZJ66PlQ  Spock and her are already together for some time. But when you watch it again you can see that it was there from the start. Spock is Vulcan (They don't show emotions and appreciate logic the most) and he assigned her to USS Farragut even though she wanted Enterprise (because "It was an attempt to avoid the appearance of favoritism.") She then says something like "No, i'm assigned to Enterprise"  and he answers "Yes, i believe you are"   Just like that? It wasn't logical at all. Later in the movie she watches him, she's worried when he goes to save his parents...so many signs, but i just didn't see any of them. I guess it will be the same with Reylo. I watched TFA with my best friend and didn't tell her anything until yesterday when she mentioned the movie to another friend who watched it once in the cinema and was sure Rey is Luke's daughter (because her dad told her so) and her and Finn will be together. Now both of them think reylo would be very interesting, but her dad told us that all 3 of us are "crazy Twilight fans"  Laughing  

@bela.mesecina

Great example. JJ doesn't believe in obviousness but his love of Mystery Box is preventing his movies form being truly great. take horribly stilted Hanleia dialog "I saw him. I saw our son" "It was Snoke who seduced our son to the Dark Side" "We lost our son forever" "if you see our son, bring him home". Nobody talks like that. In real dialog, "our son" would be replaced with "Ben". However, for some inexplicable reason, JJ decided to make a big reveal out of Kylo Ren's given name...to no effect. I mena, what were we audience expected to do? Clutch pearls? Gasp for air? Scream? Cheer? Cringe? Name reveal means nothing to us. It only meant something to Kylo that he's heard it again after very long time. So he froze. We didn't cause why would we? It only affects him, not us. So it was a wasted effort. Dialog was stilted and nobody had any special reaction to the fact that Kylo's name is Ben.

Anyway, bow to Mark, people, bow to Mark:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 - Page 40 Image31
@vaderito


Is Mark hinting at Reylo or am I overreacting like the crazy Twilight fan I am despite not having seen those movies ( not that it matters, we have that label anyway, it seems)? 

I love this tweet and I love Mark. I am a bit sorry Rey is not Luke's daughter because Mark (and also Luke) is adorable. But as I can't have it both ways I'll be happy having Reylo.
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 691
Likes : 4402
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sun 10 Apr 2016, 1:36 pm

@Reynak I'm taking it as a hint as well. As to the Twilight thing, I gotta be honest, I am wholly expecting to see a lot of Finnrey and Reylo shirts on the female fanbase at week 1 of Episode 8.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2044
Likes : 11124
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2

Post by AnneNeville on Sun 10 Apr 2016, 1:50 pm

@Kylo Ren's 8-Pack wrote:-

Folks were talking earlier about Adam's habit of not wanting to watch his own performances.....

This is indeed true.

He makes it a point to not watch his own performances as he finds it makes him feel uncomfortable and somewhat 'disappointed' in his performance.
Once you do a performance for a scene and it is captured on film you cannot go back and 'improve' on what you had done.
It bothers him that there is no way he can go back and 'do it better'.
Adam has never watched a single episode of 'Girls' or anything else he has done that I know of based on what he has said in the past, the exception being his viewing of TFA with Carrie and Daisy.

Personally, i am glad he agreed to see himself in TFA.
Doing so will hopefully show him the impact he had within the context of that film,  and he can now start thinking about how he wants to convey his performance for that character in the next chapter.

So look out ...!
Kylo Ren 2.0 is going to be incredible!
Smile
@Kylo Ren's 8-Pack

In many ways, film is a punishing medium. I don't think that--were I a perfectionist or a person who is hard on myself--I would want to see my own work. You cannot control what takes get used, or the shape of the story that results. The director can make you look basically any way that you want. I've seen this turn out really well from time to time. I remember watching a show filmed where the guest actor couldn't remember his lines for more than a few sentences. But when I saw the final product, he appeared to have given a solid performance, even an excellent one. But while that can happen and be to your benefit, the opposite can also happen. Your performance can be cut to bits, and it can never be changed.

Theatre is more forgiving. You can do it again the next night, and learn from your experience. You get audience feedback. You can have ownership of your performance.
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 909
Likes : 5744
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2

Post by vaderito on Sun 10 Apr 2016, 1:54 pm

@MeadowofAshes wrote:@Reynak I'm taking it as a hint as well. As to the Twilight thing, I gotta be honest, I am wholly expecting to see a lot of Finnrey and Reylo shirts on the female fanbase at week 1 of Episode 8.
@MeadowofAshes

No hint. DR and AD won awards so he congratulated them. If DR and JB'd won he would've sent the same tweet without "U Should Smile More" but with something that describes JB.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10991
Likes : 53329
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2

Post by Reynak on Sun 10 Apr 2016, 1:57 pm

But calling them Dark and Light? I need some optimism today. 
Did Adam go to the ceremony in the end? 
What awards did they win exactly?
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 691
Likes : 4402
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2

Post by Birdwoman on Sun 10 Apr 2016, 2:00 pm

In my real life offline, my friends and I have young school age children who love Star Wars so we end up watching the movies over and over because our kids love to watch them. I ended up buying prequels (which I hated) for my 9 year old because he loves them. So yes, I definitely see more layers the more I watch.  I never considered myself someone who analyzed films at all until TFA and it sucked me in.  I was very excited at the things hinted in the film. Since I have stage experience I knew they were put there on purpose by the director.
Talking to my friends, since the DVD is out, they are slowly moving away from the Rey is a Skywalker theory. They are also starting to see that Kylo is much more complex a character than Darth Vader.  Most people want Kylo to be redeemed but a majority feel he will die in the end.  I have a friend who just hates him because he killed Han.  She watched all the interviews after TFA and told me that they said he will get more evil.  I disagreed with her but we will wait and see because none of us truly know what will happen.  I did take a stand when she told me she thought that Adam Driver was a horrible actor.  Because I feel he is one of the most talented actors out there right now.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1315
Likes : 5981
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2

Post by Birdwoman on Sun 10 Apr 2016, 2:05 pm

The more I watch TFA, I feel that the scene where Kylo kills Han is one of the most beautiful scenes in the movie. It is so well acted, tragic...I can't find better words for it. That scene reminds me of Opera.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1315
Likes : 5981
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2

Post by Rogue Rey on Sun 10 Apr 2016, 2:07 pm

@Reynak wrote:But calling them Dark and Light? I need some optimism today. 
Did Adam go to the ceremony in the end? 
What awards did they win exactly?
@Reynak


Apparently he didn't go.

Daisy won Best Newcomer and Adam won Best Villain.

I see the supreme troll Mark Hamill has struck again!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Daisy is a strong girl to be carrying him. Sorry don't know how to post the photo. I'm not tech savy!!

-------

http://reylo.skyforum.net/viewtopic.forum?t=134
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 800
Likes : 3714
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Localisation : England

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 2

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum