Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 24 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 11 Jul 2020, 1:29 am

I think the first one is the junior graphic novel ,I've got both of the first two, but I honestly don't know if I'll get this one, although with a comic you can always skip the ending!
The second one.....Rey continuing Finn's training seems like it's set post TROS. I guess Trio fans will love it.
A Darth Vader story? Wow, thirty seven years after he was killed off and they are still milking the character for all his worth.
They refuse to accept that they killed off their best character.
His grandson. The REAL Skywalker.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 24 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by californiagirl on Sat 11 Jul 2020, 10:53 am

The graphic novel comes out November 24. The comic was originally already supposed to be coming out, but many comics were delayed due to the virus, so it doesn't have a date anymore, just TBD.

I saw that SW Adventures comic months ago, that was also supposed to be out already, is now scheduled for October 7. I remember it around Twitter, and people complaining it indicated the FO wasn't really defeated, thus rendering TROS even more pointless. This was another thing, like the Poe book coming out soon, that was clearly decided and even partly made before TROS came out, so I don't know how much more of this we'll really see. They assumed people would care, but there's not a lot to go off of for the ST characters.

There's another currently running Vader comic series people seem to really like, dude's a cash cow. Meanwhile, the Kylo comic did bonkers, but I'm not sure where the story potential for more would come from, given how TROS ended.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 11 Jul 2020, 1:22 pm

I was one of those who signed the bringbackbensolo petition, despite knowing full well they'd ignore it.
The one consolation prize is knowing that in future they'll quietly regret killing off their biggest source of post ST cash flow.
The fact is....Rey can't carry a story without Kylo. TROS showed that. Her adventures with the Trio were boring and pretentious. The main reason I can't rewatch TROS again is because it predominantly focuses on these three and I just can't summon up any interest in them. It's not the actors' fault, it's just that they are written one dimensional.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sat 11 Jul 2020, 4:39 pm

@californiagirl wrote:The graphic novel comes out November 24. The comic was originally already supposed to be coming out, but many comics were delayed due to the virus, so it doesn't have a date anymore, just TBD.

I saw that SW Adventures comic months ago, that was also supposed to be out already, is now scheduled for October 7. I remember it around Twitter, and people complaining it indicated the FO wasn't really defeated, thus rendering TROS even more pointless. This was another thing, like the Poe book coming out soon, that was clearly decided and even partly made before TROS came out, so I don't know how much more of this we'll really see. They assumed people would care, but there's not a lot to go off of for the ST characters.

There's another currently running Vader comic series people seem to really like, dude's a cash cow. Meanwhile, the Kylo comic did bonkers, but I'm not sure where the story potential for more would come from, given how TROS ended.
@californiagirl

I saw recently that the comic went back to printing for a fourth run, which is crazy.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

MindAndMagic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Wed 22 Jul 2020, 4:44 am

Hi everyone, just thought I’d mention Star Wars adventures has recently been published

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 24 5ee97a10
Sorry on my tablet and don’t know how to get the image smaller!

Finn and Poe on a mission  Sleep along with Ducain who is famous for stealing the MF once, and who is now.... wait for it, getting his own story of redemption.  silent
There’s even a little speech from Finn about how the past doesn’t matter! His didn’t, he left the first order!  Sleep
All is a big yawn that falls flat or makes me salty...  Sleep  Sleep  Sleep   Angry

One interesting thing was the B story actually included a snoke mention. Or should I say a snuppet mention..

Still no word on the release date for comic adaptation.. wow...
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 22 Jul 2020, 9:01 am

I wonder how it'll sell?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Wed 22 Jul 2020, 6:00 pm

@motherofpearl1 I don’t contribute to their sales profits Very Happy
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 23 Jul 2020, 1:24 am

Neither do I, not because I'm making some brave stand against Disney but simply because SW just doesn't excite me anymore.
I honestly never ever thought I'd feel this way about it, but they killed off my favourite character, and I find the surviving'heroes' so dull and tedious I have zero investment in their'adventures'. Future projects also don't appeal to me, because they're all in the past, and now I know exactly how the story ends..... what's the point?

I fell in love with SW all over again when I saw TFA. Only for the promise the ST offered to end on a gargantuan damp squib.

Even worse....I have stopped calling myself a SW fan because the fandom is full of people I despise. Idiots whose hatred of Kylo Ren leads them to verbally eviscerate anyone on SM who loves the character. People who drove the saga's creator to sell his franchise to a soulless corporation who've destroyed it, bullied a young actress off the internet and pushed another actor to the brink of suicide because they hated his fictional character. I no longer want to be associated with these kind of people.

I loved the OT characters, but I'm frankly astonished at the god like worship of them by some people - I saw one individual angrily saying that their biggest complaint was that the films 'disrespected'Han and Leia because they showed them as less than worthy parents. And whatever you do - don't DARE suggest that Leia put her career before her son!
This despite Carrie bless her, being perfectly fine with how Leia was depicted.
I no longer consider myself a SW fan.
What I am, is a Kylo's Ren fan. Forever! And it saddens and disappoints me that his story has ended and there won't be any more books or comics about him. And that the brilliant actor who brought him so skilfully to life has been treated so poorly.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 24 Jul 2020, 6:04 pm

The LF publishing Comic Con panel just happened, mostly stuff that was already announced. The main new thing is an art of Galaxy's Edge book due next year. Also, the SW Adventures kids comics relaunch is apparently mostly between TLJ and TROS. They really don't want to go post-TROS with anything, because what can you do at this point?
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 25 Jul 2020, 1:31 am

They can only go so long with stories set between those two films, but I suspect that they know that erasing the Skywalkers and Solos was a colossal mistake.

It's like trying to make a Lord of the Rings follow up without the Hobbits.

And let's face it......who really wants to read about the further adventures of Palpatine's granddaughter?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn on Sat 25 Jul 2020, 5:52 am

@californiagirl wrote:They really don't want to go post-TROS with anything, because what can you do at this point?

Reylo or not, that´s the reason why I could never imagine they would slaughter their cash cow Ben Solo.
But they did. How dumb can you be as a profit oriented enterprise???? For me, it put every interesting future development to an end.
I don´t get it. Not now, not ever. Every kind of waste makes me angry, and this was a waste for the ages.
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 25 Jul 2020, 6:45 am

@unicorn wrote:
@californiagirl wrote:They really don't want to go post-TROS with anything, because what can you do at this point?

Reylo or not, that´s the reason why I could never imagine they would slaughter their cash cow Ben Solo.
But they did. How dumb can you be as a profit oriented enterprise???? For me, it put every interesting future development to an end.
I don´t get it. Not now, not ever. Every kind of waste makes me angry, and this was a waste for the ages.
This.
Knowing the ending I still went to see TROS thinking I might still enjoy it, but half way through I sat there thinking:
"This is a bad film. No plot, bad dialogue, and heck it's corny!'
I actually got embarrassed watching some of the scenes.
But whenever Kylo/Ben was onscreen you couldn't take your eyes off it. I was terribly disappointed with how they wrote Rey, but whenever she was interacting with Kylo she seemed to light up. All her other scenes, she was just tiresome.
The critics hailed the Rey/Kylo scenes in TLJ as the highlight of the film. They praised Adam's acting. They enthused over the complexity of the character.
Yet Rian's successor's chose to completely ignore all that for.....what? The adventures of three of the dullest -heroes' I've ever seen in an action film? Placating Kylo's haters? Pushing Rey Fakewalker? 'i am woman, hear me ROAAAAAAR!'
The Kylo Ren comic has been a huge success. But that is a cash cow they will never milk again. Instead they are promoting Rey Fakewalker, Drug Smuggler Poe and Finn 'REEEEEEY' the Jedi Apprentice, because they're all they've got left. That and rehashing past glories of the Jedi. Again.

Can't remember if this has already been posted, forgive me if it has
https://www.chicagomaroon.com/article/2020/1/22/disney-outrageous-unfair-star-wars-legacy/
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn on Sat 25 Jul 2020, 9:59 am

My theory in earnest:
They spent their 300 million budget completely for every kind of dope, were permanentely stoned and let a drunken ape write the script.
Every other scenario cannot explain this horrid accumulation of dumb decisions and complete misjudgements called TROS.
Besides the fact that an 8 year old could have written a story with more logic and empathy.

Last edited by unicorn on Sat 25 Jul 2020, 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 25 Jul 2020, 10:09 am

I think a drunken ape would have made more sense!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn on Sat 25 Jul 2020, 2:04 pm

True. I apologize to the drunken apes.
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum