Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Page 8 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next

Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by panki on Sat 25 Mar 2017, 10:55 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 8 Screen10

I don't know who this guy is
@Maria Antonietta

Wouldn't it be fun if he were a young Brendol Hux.....in the EU, Han Solo was an imperial but left when he got into trouble for saving Chewbacca's life...it would be really interesting if Brendol Hux and Han were fellow cadets (and maybe even rivals), especially since the story begins with Han as an 18 year old... it would add an interesting dimension to the Hux-Kylo rivalry.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3345
Likes : 12489
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by panki on Thu 27 Apr 2017, 9:57 am

Are they leaving the option open for a Han Solo trilogy?

A tantalising scrap of additional news emerged in July 2016, with the revelation that Alden Ehrenreich’s deal covers not just the 2018 Han Solo movie, but two further films. “Given that Han’s early adventures do not need to be tied to the Empire, it leaves story lines open with the opportunity to really give fans what they want,” an insider reportedly told the New York Daily News. Going by Episodes 7, 8, and 9 time frames, that would potentially give us Han Solo 2 with a release date of summer 2020, and Han Solo 3 in the summer of 2022.

http://www.gamesradar.com/han-solo-movie/

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3345
Likes : 12489
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 27 Apr 2017, 11:20 am

@panki wrote:Are they leaving the option open for a Han Solo trilogy?

A tantalising scrap of additional news emerged in July 2016, with the revelation that Alden Ehrenreich’s deal covers not just the 2018 Han Solo movie, but two further films. “Given that Han’s early adventures do not need to be tied to the Empire, it leaves story lines open with the opportunity to really give fans what they want,” an insider reportedly told the New York Daily News. Going by Episodes 7, 8, and 9 time frames, that would potentially give us Han Solo 2 with a release date of summer 2020, and Han Solo 3 in the summer of 2022.

http://www.gamesradar.com/han-solo-movie/
@panki

I think that they absolutely are. I remember reading about that 3 movie contract last summer and I had two thoughts. (1) Han will be in any Boba Fett movie, and (2) I imagine that they have more stories for Han and Lando, but they won't announce anything until they see how Han Solo 1 performs.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4750
Likes : 23021
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by snufkin on Thu 27 Apr 2017, 12:55 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@panki wrote:Are they leaving the option open for a Han Solo trilogy?

A tantalising scrap of additional news emerged in July 2016, with the revelation that Alden Ehrenreich’s deal covers not just the 2018 Han Solo movie, but two further films. “Given that Han’s early adventures do not need to be tied to the Empire, it leaves story lines open with the opportunity to really give fans what they want,” an insider reportedly told the New York Daily News. Going by Episodes 7, 8, and 9 time frames, that would potentially give us Han Solo 2 with a release date of summer 2020, and Han Solo 3 in the summer of 2022.

http://www.gamesradar.com/han-solo-movie/
@panki

I think that they absolutely are. I remember reading about that 3 movie contract last summer and I had two thoughts. (1) Han will be in any Boba Fett movie, and (2) I imagine that they have more stories for Han and Lando, but they won't announce anything until they see how Han Solo 1 performs.
@SoloSideCousin

I've wondered if maybe part of the reasoning behind the sidebar/not-ST movies is that they're guessing that some fans will not be happy with those movies, especially having killed off a certain cool dad. So these movies are more traditionalist pleasing alternatives. Which given all of the "R1 is the true hardcore SW movie, not like that ST rehash" hot takes, it's not an offbase guess.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8638
Likes : 40479
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 27 Apr 2017, 1:01 pm

Hmm... I think Felicity Jones had a three-movie contract as well...?

I don't think it necessarily means they have potential plans for a Han trilogy; just that they want to make sure they can use these characters again, should someone come up with a brilliant idea in the future. Even if it means just an appearance as a minor character in another character's story.

And obviously Han has more potential for a proper sequel than, er, Jyn...
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4554
Likes : 30457
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by snufkin on Thu 27 Apr 2017, 1:23 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Hmm... I think Felicity Jones had a three-movie contract as well...?

I don't think it necessarily means they have potential plans for a Han trilogy; just that they want to make sure they can use these characters again, should someone come up with a brilliant idea in the future. Even if it means just an appearance as a minor character in another character's story.

And obviously Han has more potential for a proper sequel than, er, Jyn...
@Darth Dingbat

TBH the only sequels or further adventures I want are for Diego Luna and his grumpy robot. Throw in Gael Garcia Bernal as the villain (and/or love interest because those boys have done that before) and I'd willingly line up for a ticket.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8638
Likes : 40479
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 27 Apr 2017, 6:18 pm

@snufkin wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@panki wrote:Are they leaving the option open for a Han Solo trilogy?

A tantalising scrap of additional news emerged in July 2016, with the revelation that Alden Ehrenreich’s deal covers not just the 2018 Han Solo movie, but two further films. “Given that Han’s early adventures do not need to be tied to the Empire, it leaves story lines open with the opportunity to really give fans what they want,” an insider reportedly told the New York Daily News. Going by Episodes 7, 8, and 9 time frames, that would potentially give us Han Solo 2 with a release date of summer 2020, and Han Solo 3 in the summer of 2022.

http://www.gamesradar.com/han-solo-movie/
@panki

I think that they absolutely are. I remember reading about that 3 movie contract last summer and I had two thoughts. (1) Han will be in any Boba Fett movie, and (2) I imagine that they have more stories for Han and Lando, but they won't announce anything until they see how Han Solo 1 performs.
@SoloSideCousin

I've wondered if maybe part of the reasoning behind the sidebar/not-ST movies is that they're guessing that some fans will not be happy with those movies, especially having killed off a certain cool dad. So these movies are more traditionalist pleasing alternatives. Which given all of the "R1 is the true hardcore SW movie, not like that ST rehash" hot takes, it's not an offbase guess.
@snufkin

You know my husband basically said the exact same thing the other day.  He thinks that with the "messed up Luke" and the Reylo and complicated Kylo that the ST is going to be very out of the box ... but that the anthologies will serve as more traditional "tentpoles" as Rogue One did, basically being an ensemble war movie in the SW universe.  The Han movies are probably going to be some mix of Ocean's 11 and the great humor style of the Lego movie with some blasters, aliens and some conman mentoring Woody Harrelson style thrown in.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4750
Likes : 23021
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by snufkin on Thu 27 Apr 2017, 6:45 pm

@SoloSideCousin - I just hope that they don't make young Han too likeable or do one of those "we have to come up with a backstory to make this character sad/sympathetic instead of just allowing them to be an a**hole." Otherwise it wouldn't surprise me if that's the strategy, make these other movies not just as additional money machines but also to placate the people who are going to hate the direction the ST is headed.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8638
Likes : 40479
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 27 Apr 2017, 6:58 pm

@snufkin wrote:@SoloSideCousin - I just hope that they don't make young Han too likeable or do one of those "we have to come up with a backstory to make this character sad/sympathetic instead of just allowing them to be an a**hole." Otherwise it wouldn't surprise me if that's the strategy, make these other movies not just as additional money machines but also to placate the people who are going to hate the direction the ST is headed.
@snufkin

Don't worry.  The Kasdans and those Lego guys won't make Han too cutesy.  The man who nonchalantly said, "We used to have a bigger crew," will be likeable, but will have some edge. :-)
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4750
Likes : 23021
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by panki on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 6:22 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@snufkin wrote:@SoloSideCousin - I just hope that they don't make young Han too likeable or do one of those "we have to come up with a backstory to make this character sad/sympathetic instead of just allowing them to be an a**hole." Otherwise it wouldn't surprise me if that's the strategy, make these other movies not just as additional money machines but also to placate the people who are going to hate the direction the ST is headed.
@snufkin

Don't worry.  The Kasdans and those Lego guys won't make Han too cutesy.  The man who nonchalantly said, "We used to have a bigger crew," will be likeable, but will have some edge. :-)
@SoloSideCousin

I agree.... they're definitely going to give him edge....especially since they have to show how being with Leia changed him. I always imagine him to be a space version of Danny Ocean. Smile


panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3345
Likes : 12489
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 11 May 2017, 6:41 pm

ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5693
Likes : 29571
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by snufkin on Sat 13 May 2017, 12:31 pm

Alden Ehrenreich’s Hair Is Ready to Be Han Solo’s Hair

Sure, yes, hair is just hair. But it’s also a lot more, when we’re talking about an iconic character whose perfectly 70s coif can be conjured in the minds of millions at the mere blink of some eyeballs. And although we’ve known Ehrenreich was stepping into the Solo space boots for a good long while, this photo is the first definitive proof that he is, indeed, the Han Solo. (Put another way, this is the Han Solo you’re looking for).
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8638
Likes : 40479
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by SkyStar on Sat 13 May 2017, 3:26 pm

@snufkin wrote:Alden Ehrenreich’s Hair Is Ready to Be Han Solo’s Hair

Sure, yes, hair is just hair. But it’s also a lot more, when we’re talking about an iconic character whose perfectly 70s coif can be conjured in the minds of millions at the mere blink of some eyeballs. And although we’ve known Ehrenreich was stepping into the Solo space boots for a good long while, this photo is the first definitive proof that he is, indeed, the Han Solo. (Put another way, this is the Han Solo you’re looking for).
@snufkin

in some strange way, the hilarity of that article and statement just made my evening
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1572
Likes : 7696
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-01

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 13 May 2017, 3:39 pm

@SkyStar wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Alden Ehrenreich’s Hair Is Ready to Be Han Solo’s Hair

Sure, yes, hair is just hair. But it’s also a lot more, when we’re talking about an iconic character whose perfectly 70s coif can be conjured in the minds of millions at the mere blink of some eyeballs. And although we’ve known Ehrenreich was stepping into the Solo space boots for a good long while, this photo is the first definitive proof that he is, indeed, the Han Solo. (Put another way, this is the Han Solo you’re looking for).
@snufkin

in some strange way, the hilarity of that article and statement just made my evening
@SkyStar

Yes! Thanks for sharing. That photo is hilarious.

ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5693
Likes : 29571
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by guardienne on Wed 17 May 2017, 1:02 am

an article on donald glover https://www.fastcompany.com/40412346/why-and8220atlantaand8221-creator-donald-glover-is-one-of-the-most-creative-people-in-business-in-2017

apparently there will be a lot of action for lando and presumably han, what with the weight-lifting.
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3730
Likes : 7471
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 20 May 2017, 1:37 am

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4463
Likes : 22145
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by MeadowofAshes on Fri 16 Jun 2017, 6:35 pm

This is apparently old news (March), but gonna throw it out here:

http://time.com/4712810/han-solo-name-reactions/

KK later clarified that's not what was meant and of course his name is Han Solo, but it makes sense for him to take on a pseudonym if he was an orphan and then on the run from the law. Might be a nice narrative parallel with his son taking a new name too.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2044
Likes : 11124
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by Moonlight13 on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 7:07 pm

Moonlight13
Moonlight13
Moderator

Messages : 1158
Likes : 5669
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-15
Age : 26
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by Guest on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 7:09 pm

I'm flabbergasted by the news. Everyone has been talking about Colin Trevorrow being on shaky ground, and now this. Blimey!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by Moonlight13 on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 7:12 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I'm flabbergasted by the news. Everyone has been talking about Colin Trevorrow being on shaky ground, and now this. Blimey!
@Mrs Ben Solo
I don't know what to think anymore. WTH
Moonlight13
Moonlight13
Moderator

Messages : 1158
Likes : 5669
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-15
Age : 26
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by IoJovi on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 7:13 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I'm flabbergasted by the news. Everyone has been talking about Colin Trevorrow being on shaky ground, and now this. Blimey!
@Mrs Ben Solo

Honestly I don't have as much interest for the Han Solo movie, although I know I'll go see it. For crying out loud, why can't this be Colin? No one here would have been shocked in the least.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7289
Likes : 41510
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 104
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by MeadowofAshes on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 7:14 pm

First, what in the world could they have possibly disagreed on in a Han Solo movie?

Second, how is switching directors in the middle of filming going to jive with the story that's been written and cast that's already been decided on?


Last edited by MeadowofAshes on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2044
Likes : 11124
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by Guest on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 7:15 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I'm flabbergasted by the news. Everyone has been talking about Colin Trevorrow being on shaky ground, and now this. Blimey!
@Mrs Ben Solo

Honestly I don't have as much interest for the Han Solo movie, although I know I'll go see it.  For crying out loud, why can't this be Colin?  No one here would have been shocked in the least.  
@IoJovi

I don't know if this makes it more or less likely that CT will go. It won't look good for anyone if they lose another director now. I wonder if even Kathleen Kennedy can come out of all this unscathed.

@MeadowofAshes Apparently, there are only 3 weeks of filming left before the movie is due to wrap. I guess whoever takes over might extend that but the actors and studio etc probably have other commitments. What a mess!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by IoJovi on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 7:18 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I'm flabbergasted by the news. Everyone has been talking about Colin Trevorrow being on shaky ground, and now this. Blimey!
@Mrs Ben Solo

Honestly I don't have as much interest for the Han Solo movie, although I know I'll go see it. For crying out loud, why can't this be Colin? No one here would have been shocked in the least.
@IoJovi

I don't know if this makes it more or less likely that CT will go. It won't look good for anyone if they lose another director now. I wonder if even Kathleen Kennedy can come out of all this unscathed.
@Mrs Ben Solo

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't with Colin now. If they do axe him, it will look like they have issues finding the right directors at all and folks will question their methods overall. If they don't axe him, well, we've been over that one. What a Face
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7289
Likes : 41510
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 104
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 7:22 pm

Maybe this is why we haven't heard a statement one way or another from LF on CT...they've been too busy dealing with Han Solo.

FWIW, the Han Solo stuff is reading as control issues to me. That bodes well that CT will be on a short leash, IMO.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5693
Likes : 29571
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum