Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Page 22 of 37 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29 ... 37  Next

Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 22 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by Night Huntress on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 1:12 pm

@Kessel wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:
@Teo oswald wrote:@Night Huntress

Alden Ehrenreich
@Teo oswald

Seriously? Isn't that the guy from Beautiful Creatures? WTH  and isn't he kind of short to be Han Solo? scratch
OK, It would've been better not knowing - Now I'm being mean... maybe he will be awesome and I will have to apologize after seeing the movie. Confus
@Night Huntress

Yes, that’s him. I didn’t know his height, but you got me curious and I looked it up. He’s 5’9” to Harrison’s 6’0”-6’1.” I hope he doesn’t look shorter in the movie since Han always looked taller than average. Alden is a good actor, but I still don’t think he really looks or sounds like Han. The trailer reenforced that for me, but I’m willing to give him a chance. I want to like the Solo movie so I’m going to keep an open mind.
@Kessel

I don't know- Wikipedia claims Ehrenreich is 1.76 m = 5'77 and Harrison is 1.85 m = 6'07 Nope
Well Emilia Clarke is very small so he shouldn't look short at least beside her Laughing

Maybe I'm biased because I only saw Ehrenreich in Beautiful Creatures - which was an awful movie in my opinion silent
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 22 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by Kylo Rey on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 1:13 pm

Looks ok I guess. Bradford Young bringing the beautiful cinematography. Emilia Clarke's red outfit with the cape looks cool AF.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightsofReylo_2015 on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 1:37 pm

@Teo oswald wrote:ok I will not say what I'm going to say Smile

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 22 1q8qh29v7fe01
@Teo oswald

Interesting. Has someone already translated the Aurebesh on his helmet? I would love to know what it says!
KnightsofReylo_2015
KnightsofReylo_2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 1:46 pm

@KnightsofReylo_2015 wrote:
@Teo oswald wrote:ok I will not say what I'm going to say Smile

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 22 1q8qh29v7fe01
@Teo oswald

Interesting.  Has someone already translated the Aurebesh on his helmet?  I would love to know what it says!
@KnightsofReylo_2015

That visor looks very familiar... Laughing

Seriously though, I am hoping to get a backstory for the gold dice, even if it's small, as a way to tie this movie to the larger trilogy overall.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 2:08 pm

These character posters are really cool. Loving the 70s aesthetic:

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 22 Dvr03p10

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 22 Dvr03q10

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 22 Dvr03p11

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 22 Dvr03p12

They changed Kira to Qi'ra.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 2:10 pm

That Qi'ra better not be a love interest lol.

I was hoping we'd get a SW female villain instead of that video game looking character, but meh.

I'll still watch it.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 2:15 pm

His voice sounds like he's barely out of his teens. I hope he's way younger than the Han we met in ANH who was already 30 by then. Making this a Han in his late teens or early 20s would be so fun because it's what made our scoundrel who he was in the OT. It's basically Han's coming of age story, and it looks like Beckett is something of a role model for him, I assume. Plus, making him way younger would make it easier for us fans to differentiate him from HF's Han by a bigger margin.

I just hope Qi'ra doesn't get frigded.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 2:16 pm

@EchoBase wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:The dice! Do you see it?

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 22 23431c10
@EchoBase

I'm having a foggy moment.  I'm looking, but I don't see them.  Can you point to where???
@IoJovi

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 22 20651810

http://ew.com/movies/solo-star-wars-trailer-breakdown

@EchoBase

I saw that too, like looky there, it's the same dice which we see in Leia's hands and then in Ben's as he contemplates how he's gained the proverbial world only to lose his soul. Especially the connection to his parents and the woman he loves. But I'm sure it's just 100% a coincidence that they'd show it in both films for critical moments for father and son, especially when the son is contemplating what he's lost after doing everything he can to prove he's not like his father. Oh and in a movie written by a father and son who wrote the father character and laid the ground work for the son. Just a coincidence I'm sure!

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 22 Https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F706968%2F95cf48c3-beb9-4c00-b553-6123fc706cd6

@Night Huntress

I will always think of Young Han Solo as Harrison Ford's character in American Graffiti (where he's an antagonist to Ron Howard's character). My memory of going to see the first movie with my older, teenaged siblings is fuzzy, but I do remember that they told me that they wanted to see it specifically because they thought it sounded like he was going to be Bob Falfa in space. Which he sort of was

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 2:33 pm

@Teo oswald wrote:
@SheLitAFire wrote:
@rey09 wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Via starwarsbts on Instagram
Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 22 996e9810
Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 22 C1052610
@Cowgirlsamurai

Daenerys and Jon Snow alternative universe lmao? she's wearing like a sci fi version of her usual gowns on GOT, which I am never opposed to. I love that girl to death. Didn't care for this movie at all, but I am loving the vibe of the movie. Very edgy
@rey09

hahaha, right?!?!? I totally thought that was Jon Snow at first!
@SheLitAFire

it's definitive, the Empire stylists are the best, they have a great style Smile
@Teo oswald

Emilia's look has a bit of a 1950s vibe to me, very cool. I do wonder if her character will die and hence Han being a ladies man for so long.
Alden has some big shoes to fill, for sure.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 2:42 pm

Since Han is not exactly the character I necessarily need to see a movie about, I expected nothing from this film. But I was actually pleasantly surprised by both the first and second teaser. Hence I am going to look forward for what's happening instead of complaining what could have been. I am looking forward to seeing the film in cinema!
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 2:58 pm

@Night Huntress wrote:

I don't know- Wikipedia claims Ehrenreich is 1.76 m = 5'77 and Harrison is 1.85 m = 6'07  Nope
Well Emilia Clarke is very small so he shouldn't look short at least beside her Laughing

Maybe I'm biased because I only saw Ehrenreich in Beautiful Creatures - which was an awful movie in my opinion silent
@Night Huntress

I googled Alden’s height and it claimed he’s 5’9” (which is 1.75m). I also googled Harrison’s height and it said 6’1” (which is 1.85m), although I’ve seen it as 6’0” elsewhere). At any rate, yes, Alden is fairly shorter than Harrison...

I’ve never seen Beautiful Creatures , but I thought he was good in Hail, Caesar! although that doesn’t necessarily translate as good for Han. I guess we’ll see... *fingers crossed*

@ReyofLightSide - the Qi’ra character is obviously someone from Han’s past, but I hope she’s not his first love who died; I like to think Leia is the only one he really loved.  However, I’m open to whatever story they give us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 3:01 pm

Qira is going to be his love interest but she'll probably betray him or die. *shrugs*

I mean he had a reputation going into ANH and all that so they've gotta develop it somewhere. rabbit
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 3:09 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:Qira is going to be his love interest but she'll probably betray him or die. *shrugs*

I mean he had a reputation going into ANH and all that so they've gotta develop it somewhere. rabbit
@Xylo Ren

Yeah, I think so, too- at least she is gonna be important to him and he sure as hell will flirt with her...I don't know anything about the story, but according to some she will die or betray him before their relationship have a chance get serious.

I'm not sure how much it will affect me- since it's a different actor maybe I separate him anyway from the Han of the OT
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 3:18 pm

So y'know, remind me again about how all of the ways this film connects back to Kasdan's writing for this character, his filmography, and was written/produced in conjunction with his son means that fanboys are right that this has nothing to do with his similarities to/relationship with his own son?

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 22 Captur40

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 22 Captur39
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 3:29 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:Qira is going to be his love interest but she'll probably betray him or die. *shrugs*

@Xylo Ren

Sure.

That's how I see it as well. Totally in character.

Bingo card guess: She runs off with Lando. tongue
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 4:33 pm

Glamour is back! Bend the knee for Khaleesi! cheers

So, wait, Han is a racer since he was 10...like his (future) father-in-saw! affraid
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 4:37 pm

@Night Huntress wrote:
@Kessel wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:

Alden Ehrenreich
@Teo oswald

Seriously? Isn't that the guy from Beautiful Creatures? WTH  and isn't he kind of short to be Han Solo? scratch
OK, It would've been better not knowing - Now I'm being mean... maybe he will be awesome and I will have to apologize after seeing the movie. Confus
@Night Huntress

Yes, that’s him. I didn’t know his height, but you got me curious and I looked it up. He’s 5’9” to Harrison’s 6’0”-6’1.” I hope he doesn’t look shorter in the movie since Han always looked taller than average. Alden is a good actor, but I still don’t think he really looks or sounds like Han. The trailer reenforced that for me, but I’m willing to give him a chance. I want to like the Solo movie so I’m going to keep an open mind.
@Kessel

I don't know- Wikipedia claims Ehrenreich is 1.76 m = 5'77 and Harrison is 1.85 m = 6'07  Nope

@Night Huntress

I guess y’all are forgetting this old set photo? Check out the height added to his shoes  Laughing

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 22 5c1e8a10
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 4:49 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:
@Kessel wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:

Alden Ehrenreich
@Teo oswald

@Night Huntress

@Kessel

@Night Huntress

I guess y’all are forgetting this old set photo? Check out the height added to his shoes  Laughing

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 22 5c1e8a10
@Cowgirlsamurai

I totally forget about that photo! I’m glad they took that into consideration. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 5:11 pm

I love her white dress in this photo ^
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightsofReylo_2015 on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 5:14 pm

In case anyone else was as curious as I was about what was written on that helmet...it isn't Aurebesh and highly unlikely we will be able to know what it actually says.

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 22 Sleemo10

Via:Sleemo
KnightsofReylo_2015
KnightsofReylo_2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 5:25 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:These character posters are really cool. Loving the 70s aesthetic:

@Kylo Rey

I love these posters! Han and Chewie have that late 60s/early 70s spaghetti western look. Lando is like the 70s merging of Shaft and Isaac Hayes. And Qi'ra does look like she's from the 50s. I wonder if she was Sandy to Han's Danny Zuko. Then she grows up and comes into a bunch of money and suddenly is with the monied set of the Late 60s/early 70s Upper West Side of the GFFA.  I think that there is going to be a decent time jump in this movie.

Also ... and maybe it's because I have watched soap operas in my life, but it doesn't bother me if he loves her. Long term soap characters have a number of "great loves" and a viewer can like them all as time goes by. And obviously, it doesn't work out. She either dies or breaks his heart, because it takes a bit for Han to show his real emotions in the OT. His son is actually a lot better at being real, so long as his mask is off. :-)

Last edited by SoloSideCousin on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 5:27 pm

@KnightsofReylo_2015 wrote:In case anyone else was as curious as I was about what was written on that helmet...it isn't Aurebesh and highly unlikely we will be able to know what it actually says.

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 22 Sleemo10

Via:Sleemo
@KnightsofReylo_2015

Oooh, another language. Maybe something more ancient. (Those dudes have a primitive look). I wonder if Calligraphy Ben understands that language. Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 5:59 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:These character posters are really cool. Loving the 70s aesthetic:

@Kylo Rey

I love these posters! Han and Chewie have that late 60s/early 70s spaghetti western. Lando is like the 70s merging of Shaft and Isaac Hayes. And Qi'ra does look like she's from the 50s. I wonder if she was Sandy to Han's Danny Zuko. Then she grows up and comes into a bunch of money and suddenly is with monied set of the Late 60s/early 70s Upper West Side of the GFFA.  I think that there is going to be a decent time jump in this movie.

Also ... and maybe it's because I have watched soap operas in my life, but it doesn't bother me if he loves her. Long term soap characters have a number of "great loves" and a viewer can like them all as time goes by. And obviously, it doesn't work out. She either dies or breaks his heart, because it takes a bit for Han to show his real emotions in the OT. His son is actually a lot better at being real, so long as his mask is off. :-)
@SoloSideCousin

Oh,yeah the debates over whether Gwen Stacy or Mary Jane is Spider Man's great love still continues to this day so who knows Qui'ra/Han might end up being even more controversial than Reylo,IMO. Laughing
But it doesn't bother me either since I've also watched  a lot soap operas and I'm not particularly attached to Han/Leia(sorry for the Han/Leia shippers here I like them but Reylo's my SW OTP).
There've been actually some rumors that Qi'ra is a love interest of Han who ends up betraying him and dying since she's a Rebel spy and it's what leads Han to abandoning the Empire.If there's any true to it then this gives me major Reylo vibes but really I'm all for any parallels between Han and Ben in the move. Very Happy

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 7:07 pm

@CienaRee wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:

@Kylo Rey

I love these posters! Han and Chewie have that late 60s/early 70s spaghetti western. Lando is like the 70s merging of Shaft and Isaac Hayes. And Qi'ra does look like she's from the 50s. I wonder if she was Sandy to Han's Danny Zuko. Then she grows up and comes into a bunch of money and suddenly is with monied set of the Late 60s/early 70s Upper West Side of the GFFA.  I think that there is going to be a decent time jump in this movie.

@SoloSideCousin

Oh,yeah the debates over whether Gwen Stacy or Mary Jane is Spider Man's great love still continues to this day so who knows Qui'ra/Han might end up being even more controversial than Reylo,IMO. Laughing
But it doesn't bother me either since I've also watched  a lot soap operas and I'm not particularly attached to Han/Leia(sorry for the Han/Leia shippers here I like them but Reylo's my SW OTP).
There've been actually some rumors that Qi'ra is a love interest of Han who ends up betraying him and dying since she's a Rebel spy and it's what leads Han to abandoning the Empire.If there's any true to it then this gives me major Reylo vibes but really I'm all for any parallels between Han and Ben in the move. Very Happy
@CienaRee

Exactly! In the end, it is all about if it is done well or not. It will be different actors at different ages in a different world than the OT. Han will be considerably younger and probably a lot more clueless than his OT self. And Han and Qi'ra may have a great love story that is sweet or immature or destructive or tragic. Whatever it is, he doesn't end up in a good place as a result of it. Qi'ra may be amazing, and AE and EC may play them beautifully, but obviously Qi'ra doesn't bring him to a higher place. It's Leia that helps him come into his own and to be less selfish. Even after he relapses, it's Leia that encourages to embrace his inner Obi-Wan and become a saving father to Ben.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 8:04 pm

My main takeaway: Emilia Clarke looks fantastic with bangs.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 37 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29 ... 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum