Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 20 May 2016, 2:44 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:I believe Kylo, Rey, Phasma and BB-8 were among the biggest sellers... Phasma was plastered on practically everything (even I have a Phasma tea mug - very shiny and pretty!).

I guess we'd have to define how much toys is "a lot of toys", though. I'm sure even Hux sold a few.
@Darth Dingbat

Bothan-Spy's teaser statement is "I can almost guarantee you that a certain someone who sold a lot of toys for Episode 7 will not be around for Episode 9."

That's got to be Phasma. No one else who was merchandised that much would make more sense to kill off in VIII.

ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Fri 20 May 2016, 2:45 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:I believe Kylo, Rey, Phasma and BB-8 were among the biggest sellers... Phasma was plastered on practically everything (even I have a Phasma tea mug - very shiny and pretty!).

I guess we'd have to define how much toys is "a lot of toys", though. I'm sure even Hux sold a few.
@Darth Dingbat
He probably was referring to Phasma if there was a running joke about selling lots of toys. The person who replied just guessed immediately based on the hint so he went back to saying "someone's dying".

There's no way it'll be: Finn, Poe, Rey, Kylo, Luke or Leia IMO. Han will remain the biggest main character death of this trilogy.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MissG on Fri 20 May 2016, 2:49 pm

@vaderito wrote:More from Bothan-Spy:

this is in response to Oscar's Rolling Stone interview.

[–]flourykettle 21 points 21 hours ago
Nobody's dying. Dead men don't sell toys.
P
[–]Bothan-Spy 1 point 2 hours ago*
I can almost guarantee you that a certain someone who sold a lot of toys for Episode 7 will not be around for Episode 9.

[–]flourykettle 1 point an hour ago
Do you mean Han? Or do you mean Phasma won't be in 9?

[–]Bothan-Spy 1 point an hour ago
Let's just say I agree with the latter part of your original comment but disagree with the former

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/4k3xwj/oscar_isaac_talks_star_wars_the_force_awakens/d3d49fc?context=3
@vaderito

Sigh... Annoyingly cryptic and because of it my thoughts immediately jumped to the major characters, I'm sure it's not Rey, Oscar said Poe will live, so not him. Could possibly be that Kylo's whole image will change, so different looking toys? Finn? Most likely I'm overthinking things and it will be Phasma though...
MissG
MissG
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Fri 20 May 2016, 2:54 pm

@MissG wrote:
@vaderito wrote:More from Bothan-Spy:

this is in response to Oscar's Rolling Stone interview.

[–]flourykettle 21 points 21 hours ago
Nobody's dying. Dead men don't sell toys.
P
[–]Bothan-Spy 1 point 2 hours ago*
I can almost guarantee you that a certain someone who sold a lot of toys for Episode 7 will not be around for Episode 9.

[–]flourykettle 1 point an hour ago
Do you mean Han? Or do you mean Phasma won't be in 9?

[–]Bothan-Spy 1 point an hour ago
Let's just say I agree with the latter part of your original comment but disagree with the former

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/4k3xwj/oscar_isaac_talks_star_wars_the_force_awakens/d3d49fc?context=3
@vaderito

Sigh... Annoyingly cryptic and because of it my thoughts immediately jumped to the major characters, I'm sure it's not Rey, Oscar said Poe will live, so not him. Could possibly be that Kylo's whole image will change, so different looking toys? Finn? Most likely I'm overthinking things and it will be Phasma though...
@MissG
It's Phasma IMO. I think the original clue gave it away. Doubt it was supposed to be that cryptic. "Sold a lot of toys" = Phasma. So chances are no bigger role for Phasma (as we thought). Rip.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 20 May 2016, 2:55 pm

Speaking of toys, among the preschool crowd (at least among my daughter's friends), BB-8 is becoming as popular of a character as Elmo or Olaf.

If anything bad happened to BB-8, it would traumatize a generation of children.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 20 May 2016, 2:56 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:  
It's Phasma IMO. I think the original clue gave it away. Doubt it was supposed to be that cryptic. "Sold a lot of toys" = Phasma. So chances are no bigger role for Phasma (as we thought). Rip.
@FrolickingFizzgig

What you call RIP I call good riddance. Character was terrible. She gave in like a little b*tch. And that stupid compactor line sealed her deal. Nobody recovers from such bad writing.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Fri 20 May 2016, 2:58 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig

What you call RIP I call good riddance. Character was terrible. She gave in like a little b*tch. And that stupid compactor line sealed her deal. Nobody recovers from such bad writing.
@vaderito
I'm going to call that a joke/OT homage, not bad writing, but yeah, I didn't think she would be all that important. Her entire purpose was to be a shiny female Storm Trooper.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MissG on Fri 20 May 2016, 3:07 pm

He did say "almost guarantee", so it doesn't look like it's a 100%, left open ended maybe? Plus we are yet to prove the credibility, still waiting to overhear some report on the hut going boom in Ireland or something along the lines  Confus
MissG
MissG
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 20 May 2016, 3:08 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig

@vaderito
I'm going to call that a joke/OT homage, not bad writing, but yeah, I didn't think she would be all that important. Her entire purpose was to be a shiny female Storm Trooper.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Phasma gave them a use for the "Knight in Shining Armor" costume that they decided not to use for Kylo.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 20 May 2016, 3:10 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig

@vaderito
@FrolickingFizzgig

Agreed. Also that "character who sold a lot of toys for TFA" is a dig at Phasma.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Fri 20 May 2016, 3:12 pm

@SanghaRen wrote:
@Gemini wrote:Also Rens pattern of behavior...we all know his reaction and annoyance with himself when he shows weakness and a pull to the light right? we see it twice in TFA..he let something slide, he let someone in, they escape because of this and defeat him...what does he do? He rages and I think I saw the beginnings of rage start after the ground separates, he looks pissed., I wasnt 100% sure at the time but I think he looks angry.  Him raging when he arrives is normal and within his character but remember that Rey calms him on several occasions...

I see absolutely no rage when the ground splits in TFA. Zero. I see someone who got ran over something big without knowing exactly what it is and being in shock. However, I can see him becoming enraged afterwards. Imagine: that little boy-in-the-first-row-of-the-class Hux is the one collecting him and probably making comments. He will have to get healed in the tank - more time to think maybe about what happened and how he failed. Snoke will be very angry and who knows how he will act out that anger against Kylo. Honestly, the only option to survive in such a toxic environment is to dig into anger and rage. Which will most probably disappear very quickly once he's around Rey.
@SanghaRen

I want to see how he gets to no rage to crazy.  I want the first scenes of him for him to be dragged out of the bacta tank, still wet (wearing Calvin Klein boxer briefs, not Luke's diaper), thrown on a dirty floor in front of Snoke, and see the full child predator mindf****** from Snoke.  I want to see that transformation happen.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Fri 20 May 2016, 3:17 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Is anyone else concerned about the implications of Luke supposedly telling Rey that she needs to kill Kylo? I'm not so much concerned that Luke is darker/disillusioned as I am that for all of us expecting a twist or a sympathetic backstory for what happened at the Temple. I'm worried that if Luke feels that Kylo needs to be put down, he must have done something REALLY bad at the Temple.
@ISeeAnIsland

I am confused about something else in that matter:
Why Luke supposedly insist that Rey kills Kylo.
If something really bad went at the temple. And I am pretty sure that Kylo did some killings there, no matter what, but still Luke felt responsible for it (as per Han). At the end it would be Kylo s and Luke s conflict - at first glance it has nothing to do with Rey.
Would it be more logical that Luke wants to face Kylo himself instead of insisting that Rey does the deed.
That bothers me a lot. What piece of the story is missing?
I know that some people suggest that maybe Kylo killed Rey s family, on the other hand it is very improbable concerning the timeline.

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 20 May 2016, 3:19 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:
@Gemini wrote:Also Rens pattern of behavior...we all know his reaction and annoyance with himself when he shows weakness and a pull to the light right? we see it twice in TFA..he let something slide, he let someone in, they escape because of this and defeat him...what does he do? He rages and I think I saw the beginnings of rage start after the ground separates, he looks pissed., I wasnt 100% sure at the time but I think he looks angry.  Him raging when he arrives is normal and within his character but remember that Rey calms him on several occasions...

I see absolutely no rage when the ground splits in TFA. Zero. I see someone who got ran over something big without knowing exactly what it is and being in shock. However, I can see him becoming enraged afterwards. Imagine: that little boy-in-the-first-row-of-the-class Hux is the one collecting him and probably making comments. He will have to get healed in the tank - more time to think maybe about what happened and how he failed. Snoke will be very angry and who knows how he will act out that anger against Kylo. Honestly, the only option to survive in such a toxic environment is to dig into anger and rage. Which will most probably disappear very quickly once he's around Rey.
@SanghaRen

I want to see how he gets to no rage to crazy.  I want the first scenes of him for him to be dragged out of the bacta tank, still wet (wearing Calvin Klein boxer briefs, not Luke's diaper), thrown on a dirty floor in front of Snoke, and see the full child predator mindf****** from Snoke.  I want to see that transformation happen.
@SoloSideCousin

I agree 100%. This is the only way that I'll buy him wanting to kill Rey.

I won't buy it if our first introduction to Kylo in VIII is him standing in front of Snoke with his knights, being instructed to hunt down and kill Luke and Rey.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Fri 20 May 2016, 3:20 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig

@vaderito
@FrolickingFizzgig

Plus it gave Finn the opportunity to say "I am in charge now" and kids love that. The last time I saw the movie in the theater, there was a boy who repeated that loud, all happy about it. TFA, in spite of the PG13, was sold as a family movie so they had to include some lighter moments and a shiny trooper. I do like her melodious "Sir, the villagers?" What a b***! If she had kept her mouth shut, maybe the villagers would still be alive.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Fri 20 May 2016, 3:25 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:

@SanghaRen

@SoloSideCousin

That would certainly boost Calvin Klein's sales. Poor Mark Hamill, though. He had to wear those diapers and DangerousDreamboat gets the CK boxer briefs.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 20 May 2016, 3:28 pm

OK, more on the character who's going to die:

I think it will be considered a "big" death, even if the character in question is not "Han" big. Does that make sense?

Kylo and Rey are safe. They sold sithload of toys but are Han big.

So anyone wanna dig up Toy sales report on all characters who would be considered big death even if character isn't Han big?

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Fri 20 May 2016, 3:32 pm

@SanghaRen wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig

@vaderito
@FrolickingFizzgig

Plus it gave Finn the opportunity to say "I am in charge now" and kids love that. The last time I saw the movie in the theater, there was a boy who repeated that loud, all happy about it. TFA, in spite of the PG13, was sold as a family movie so they had to include some lighter moments and a shiny trooper. I do like her melodious "Sir, the villagers?" What a b***! If she had kept her mouth shut, maybe the villagers would still be alive.
@SanghaRen
I'm surprised she even lived through VII to be honest. They have a lot of villains to get rid of and two movies to do it, so down go the KoR and Phasma. I wonder how she's going to die (if the spoiler is accurate of course, grain of salt and all that). Maybe falling off something? Finn might kill her I guess. She's B-Plot material for sure.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 20 May 2016, 3:37 pm

I'm surprised she even lived through VII to be honest. They have a lot of villains to get rid of and two movies to do it, so down go the KoR and Phasma. I wonder how she's going to die (if the spoiler is accurate of course, grain of salt and all that). Maybe falling off something? Finn might kill her I guess. She's B-Plot material for sure.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Assuming it's Phasma. he says he'll reveal more but later.

Headcanon: KMT takes her out cause she lied that Finn wouldn't be harmed. ot has change of heart, if rumors that she's a FO agent posing as a resistance fighter are true.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey on Fri 20 May 2016, 3:38 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Speaking of toys, among the preschool crowd (at least among my daughter's friends), BB-8 is becoming as popular of a character as Elmo or Olaf.

@ISeeAnIsland

OMG, this made me laugh so hard. Laughing
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Fri 20 May 2016, 3:38 pm

@nonesuch wrote:
@BastilaBey wrote:@nonesuch I agree that Rey choosing to fall would make the most sense if we are to trust the source that she doesn't want to fight him. It also seems like something that would instantly conjure up the feelings of compassion for her that he thought he'd extinguished. He might even reach out after her, jump in without a second thought, call out her name - something to show that it was still there underneath. I've also talked about how Snoke will have based his training around squashing that emotion. We know that's what his previous training has been like from the novelization - not that it's particularly effective, obviously - and the scene that was cut had Snoke ordering Kylo to bring Rey to him because a reminder was in order. Snoke already knows Rey can threaten Kylo's loyalty to him.
@BastilaBey

Yes, I think if he were to witness Rey doing something like that, it would make his resolve begin to crumble again - he'd be helpless against the pull of his compassion for her in the scenario where he saw her endangering herself so wildly. The scene - to me - sounds like the first time that Rey and Kylo see each other again after the events on Starkiller Base. And I think that Kylo, separated from his crew and in close proximity to his uncle and rival bae, is going to begin to question all of his allegiances and convictions afresh. Going by the conflict suggested between Rey and Luke, I would actually love to see VIII end with Rey and Kylo both together, in revolt against their masters.

@nonesuch

The bolded = beautiful.  That would be amazing if they did that.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Fri 20 May 2016, 3:39 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig

Assuming it's Phasma. he says he'll reveal more but later.

Headcanon: KMT takes her out cause she lied that Finn wouldn't be harmed. ot has change of heart, if rumors that she's a FO agent posing as a resistance fighter are true.
@vaderito
I just can't see it being anybody else (especially because the original clue was based around toy/merchandise sales). Despite not having a ton of lines or being hugely important, she would be considered a "big" death just because she's one of the recognizable villains. She might play a slightly bigger role in VIII too.

Agreed otherwise though. As main characters in the new trilogy Rey/Kylo/Finn would definitely be considered "Han" big, so they're safe. Luke and Leia too.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Fri 20 May 2016, 3:40 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Blackcanary wrote:
@nonesuch wrote:
@BastilaBey wrote:@nonesuch I agree that Rey choosing to fall would make the most sense if we are to trust the source that she doesn't want to fight him. It also seems like something that would instantly conjure up the feelings of compassion for her that he thought he'd extinguished. He might even reach out after her, jump in without a second thought, call out her name - something to show that it was still there underneath. I've also talked about how Snoke will have based his training around squashing that emotion. We know that's what his previous training has been like from the novelization - not that it's particularly effective, obviously - and the scene that was cut had Snoke ordering Kylo to bring Rey to him because a reminder was in order. Snoke already knows Rey can threaten Kylo's loyalty to him.
@BastilaBey

Yes, I think if he were to witness Rey doing something like that, it would make his resolve begin to crumble again - he'd be helpless against the pull of his compassion for her in the scenario where he saw her endangering herself so wildly. The scene - to me - sounds like the first time that Rey and Kylo see each other again after the events on Starkiller Base. And I think that Kylo, separated from his crew and in close proximity to his uncle and rival bae, is going to begin to question all of his allegiances and convictions afresh. Going by the conflict suggested between Rey and Luke, I would actually love to see VIII end with Rey and Kylo both together, in revolt against their masters.
@nonesuch

Ooh, I love this! And it makes me think of Daisy's comment 'I don't know if I am a Jedi' from that interview. Maybe she rails against being beholden to Luke's teachings, his views on what a Jedi should be, and his instructions to kill and just...packs it in.

@Blackcanary

And there is also Daisy s recent statement "that some fans would not be happy in which direction Rey s character will go" (just paraphrazing - do not recall the  statement word by word)
@Darth_Awakened

She said that?!!!! Holy sith!!! Wow! :-)
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Fri 20 May 2016, 3:42 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Speaking of toys, among the preschool crowd (at least among my daughter's friends), BB-8 is becoming as popular of a character as Elmo or Olaf.

@ISeeAnIsland

If anything happens to BB-8, even I would be traumatised.... Shocked
My better half and I just bought the Sphero BB-8 and have been making him roll around the house all day! He is just too cute! Razz

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 20 May 2016, 3:45 pm

I just can't see it being anybody else (especially because the original clue was based around toy/merchandise sales). Despite not having a ton of lines or being hugely important, she would be considered a "big" death just because she's one of the recognizable villains. She might play a slightly bigger role in VIII too.

Agreed otherwise though. As main characters in the new trilogy Rey/Kylo/Finn would definitely be considered "Han" big, so they're safe. Luke and Leia too.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Agreed. I think that "sold lots of merchandise for TFA" implies TFA original character, not one of OT. He said that he didn't know if anyone else died, he just knew about one particular death.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Fri 20 May 2016, 3:48 pm

Could it be Chewbacca is the one who going to die?

Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum