Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 9 Empty Re: Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 3:40 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Has this link been posted yet? Some heavy-duty spoilers here, so proceed with caution:

http://www.starwarspost.com/aftermath-life-debt-reveals-supreme-leader-snoke-rise-power/
@Darth Dingbat

If that theroy turns out to be legit - it looks to me like Palps having a Plan B from the start. No?
When Vader & son LTD obstructed the Plan A, the Plan B with that guy started to work - without Palps though.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 9 Empty Re: Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 4:24 am

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:Has this link been posted yet? Some heavy-duty spoilers here, so proceed with caution:

http://www.starwarspost.com/aftermath-life-debt-reveals-supreme-leader-snoke-rise-power/
@Darth Dingbat

If that theroy turns out to be legit - it looks to me like Palps having a Plan B from the start. No?
When Vader & son LTD obstructed the Plan A, the Plan B with that guy started to work - without Palps though.
@Darth_Awakened

Could be. Or else they were looking for something ancient, dark and powerful beyond measure, but found more than they bargained for.

I mean, maybe the idea was to use the "source of the Dark Side" or whatever it is they were looking for... but they got used by it instead.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 4:36 am

@panki wrote:
Kessel89 wrote:I assume Rax=Snoke is currently still just a theory?

Rax would be in his seventies (approximately) in TFA. Snoke appears considerably older imo.

Rax is apparently FS, but does Aftermath indicate whether he is human? I ask because Snoke is apparently not human.

I haven't read Life Debt yet, but

Spoiler:
Rax has a tattoo on his hand, but I don't know whether it's on his right or left hand, or on the front or back of his hand.

I looked up Snoke images and I couldn't see Snoke's hands in any of the main movie images of him. The only image I found of his hands is this WIP CGI image below. I assume it's an authentic image of Snoke's rendering because I've seen it posted elsewhere.

You can't see Snoke's palms, but you can see the front of his left hand. What's odd is that part of the front of his right hand is covered by blue screen, in a weird way.  Would that be where the tattoo is, if there is one? scratch

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 9 5eWshIN.

Nevermind about the front of the hand thing.

I just read that Rax's tattoo is on his palm.

Snoke being Gallius Rex is not comfirmed as yet.... but I do have a explanation as to why Gallius Rex might look older than 70 in case they do make him Snoke- Dark side degradation..... when a person uses the dark side of the force for a prolonged period of time, their body suffers damage and they decay rapidly.

On a related note, when I read about the tattoo on the palm... I remembered something from the EU!!!! Shocked

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 9 Dark

Lord Cronal in the EU was part of this group.... he moved on from being a prophet to a high ranking imperial.... but I still think there is a bigger villain out there in the Unknown Regions as well......but going back to Cronal, he could see the future (and change it), possess people's minds and take over their bodies..... if they are taking this route, he probably saw that Ben Solo had greatness in his destiny and he wants to change that....it also does have an impact on what happened on that walkway in Kylo's mind in TFA..... and it explains why he wants people to never mention Kylo's original name.... he is creating a new identity for Kylo so he can possess him completely.... full scale body snatching.... Shocked Evil or Very Mad
@panki

I downloaded the book and have read 60 pages.
Spoiler:
"Galli" is already in some monastery orphanage *before* he meets Palpatine. And the ship lands on the place these "anchorites" say is sacred when Jakku was a verdant world. So that's two groups knowing about it. Emperor and these anchorites. Jakku is a big deal.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 5:09 am

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@panki wrote:

Rax would be in his seventies (approximately) in TFA. Snoke appears considerably older imo.

Rax is apparently FS, but does Aftermath indicate whether he is human? I ask because Snoke is apparently not human.

Spoiler:
Rax has a tattoo on his hand, but I don't know whether it's on his right or left hand, or on the front or back of his hand.

I looked up Snoke images and I couldn't see Snoke's hands in any of the main movie images of him. The only image I found of his hands is this WIP CGI image below. I assume it's an authentic image of Snoke's rendering because I've seen it posted elsewhere.

You can't see Snoke's palms, but you can see the front of his left hand. What's odd is that part of the front of his right hand is covered by blue screen, in a weird way.  Would that be where the tattoo is, if there is one? scratch

Snoke being Gallius Rex is not comfirmed as yet.... but I do have a explanation as to why Gallius Rex might look older than 70 in case they do make him Snoke- Dark side degradation..... when a person uses the dark side of the force for a prolonged period of time, their body suffers damage and they decay rapidly.

On a related note, when I read about the tattoo on the palm... I remembered something from the EU!!!! Shocked

Lord Cronal in the EU was part of this group.... he moved on from being a prophet to a high ranking imperial.... but I still think there is a bigger villain out there in the Unknown Regions as well......but going back to Cronal, he could see the future (and change it), possess people's minds and take over their bodies..... if they are taking this route, he probably saw that Ben Solo had greatness in his destiny and he wants to change that....it also does have an impact on what happened on that walkway in Kylo's mind in TFA..... and it explains why he wants people to never mention Kylo's original name.... he is creating a new identity for Kylo so he can possess him completely.... full scale body snatching.... Shocked Evil or Very Mad
@panki

Spoiler:
"Galli" is already in some monastery orphanage *before* he meets Palpatine.  And the ship lands on the place these "anchorites" say is sacred when Jakku was a verdant world.  So that's two groups knowing about it.  Emperor and these anchorites.  Jakku is a big deal.
@SoloSideCousin

Now I'm seriously wondering if Jakku is a retcon of Dromund Kaas, a sith colony with dark temples, jedi temples and force nexuses.... this was a planet where the Prophets of the Dark Side (Anchorites) originated... in the EU, it was a swamy place full of oceans... a major ancient sith battle was fought there as well..... and the prophets didn't need to travel to other parts of the galaxy- they had the gift of sight and could see the events of the past, present and future ... Palpatine didn't like them and sometime after his death, the imperials killed off all the remaining prophets...

Here are my thoughts on this- could Rey have been dreaming of oceans and islands because she was seeing what Jakku used to be in the past before it was destroyed in some ancient war? I am now wondering if Rey has some gift of prophecy....and the EU massacre of the prophets also is interesting when we keep Rey's vision in mind of her childhood from the TFA novel.

Btw, Dromund Kaas not only brings in Lord Cronal and the Prophets of the Dark side but also Revan and Vitiate into the picture. Very Happy

I'll also throw another thought out there- could Phasma be Gallius Rex's daughter? We never see her in the same room with him though she is an equal to Kylo and Hux... are they saving this as a big reveal for later? Very Happy It would make her a worthy antagonist for Finn and not some random lady in armor.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 5:25 am

@panki wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@panki wrote:

Spoiler:

@panki

Spoiler:
"Galli" is already in some monastery orphanage *before* he meets Palpatine.  And the ship lands on the place these "anchorites" say is sacred when Jakku was a verdant world.  So that's two groups knowing about it.  Emperor and these anchorites.  Jakku is a big deal.
@SoloSideCousin

Now I'm seriously wondering if Jakku is a retcon of Dromund Kaas, a sith colony with dark temples, jedi temples and force nexuses.... this was a planet where the Prophets of the Dark Side (Anchorites) originated... in the EU, it was a swamy place full of oceans... a major ancient sith battle was fought there as well..... and the prophets didn't need to travel to other parts of the galaxy- they had the gift of sight and could see the events of the past, present and future ... Palpatine didn't like them and sometime after his death, the imperials killed off all the remaining prophets...

Here are my thoughts on this- could Rey have been dreaming of oceans and islands because she was seeing what Jakku used to be in the past before it was destroyed in some ancient war? I am now wondering if Rey has some gift of prophecy....and the EU massacre of the prophets also is interesting when we keep Rey's vision in mind of her childhood from the TFA novel.

Btw, Dromund Kaas not only brings in Lord Cronal and the Prophets of the Dark side but also Revan and Vitiate into the picture. Very Happy
@panki What an amazing theory!!! Ties in dark past Rey with mysterious jakku very nicely.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 5:33 am

@panki wrote:
@panki

Oh, indeedy - what with Dromund Kaas being the capital of Vitiate's Sith Empire. But Dromund Kaas was an Outer Rim planet, and it appears Jakku is in the Inner Rim?

(Btw, at one time I wondered whether the Dubrovnik planet might actually be Dromund Kaas.)
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 5:52 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@panki wrote:
@panki

Oh, indeedy - what with Dromund Kaas being the capital of Vitiate's Sith Empire. But Dromund Kaas was an Outer Rim planet, and it appears Jakku is in the Inner Rim?

(Btw, at one time I wondered whether the Dubrovnik planet might actually be Dromund Kaas.)
@Darth Dingbat

Jakku is in the Western Reaches (not inner rim) and the last stop off point before the Unknown regions... I think they've changed the galaxy map a little in canon so the Outer Rim is far away from the Unknown Regions..... so Vitiate could be sitting beyond the Unknown Regions and Jakku might once have been his old capital.....I also remembered how Jakku was originally a place with swamps and water bodies in the early concept art and then they changed it.... it must be a re-telling of Dromund Kaas.

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 9 Star-wars-the-force-awakens-early-concept-art_1

The Dubrovnik set looks pretty prosperous compared to other parts of the galaxy... I wonder if it is Onderon or some other Inner Rim planet....core and inner rim planets tend to be more prosperous than other regions.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 6:08 am

@panki wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@panki wrote:
@panki

@Darth Dingbat

Jakku is in the Western Reaches (not inner rim) and the last stop off point before the Unknown regions... I think they've changed the galaxy map a little in canon now so Vitiate could be sitting beyond the Unknown Regions and Jakku might once have been his old capital.....I also remembered how Jakku was originally a place with swamps and water bodies in the early concept art and then they changed it.... it must be a re-telling of Dromund Kaas.

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 9 Star-wars-the-force-awakens-early-concept-art_1
@panki

Interesting! You're right, it could definitely be a re-telling of Dromund Kaas. Or some other ancient capital. Either way it's going to be significant and I can't wait to learn more.

Didn't they also consider Felucia at some point in early concept art?

Can't wait to get my copy and see if it has any other clues. Or maybe I should just buy the e-book? But I already ordered the hard copy! Damn. Show me an archaeological mystery and I get too excited Laughing
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 6:23 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@panki wrote:
@panki

@Darth Dingbat

No!!!! Jakku is Outer Rim.  Last stop to the Unknown Regions.

Edit: Listen to @panki. Wrote too soon. :-)
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 6:25 am

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@panki wrote:
@panki

@Darth Dingbat

@SoloSideCousin

That's what I thought, but I double-checked just to be sure and noticed that Wookieepedia says Inner Rim, citing the Visual Dictionary as the source. scratch
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 6:27 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@panki wrote:
@panki

@Darth Dingbat

@SoloSideCousin

That's what I thought, but I double-checked just to be sure and noticed that Wookieepedia says Inner Rim, citing the Visual Dictionary as the source. scratch
@Darth Dingbat

I believe the map does have it in the Western Regions though. I would trust the map before Wookiepedia in this instance. Primary vs. Secondary source and all. Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 6:28 am

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 9 Official-star-wars-galaxy-map-reveals-names-of-new-planets

Okay, not Western Regions.  Not Core either.  Close to Unknown Regions.  Good lead for now. Very Happy

Last edited by SoloSideCousin on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 6:30 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@panki wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@panki wrote:
@panki

@Darth Dingbat

Jakku is in the Western Reaches (not inner rim) and the last stop off point before the Unknown regions... I think they've changed the galaxy map a little in canon now so Vitiate could be sitting beyond the Unknown Regions and Jakku might once have been his old capital.....I also remembered how Jakku was originally a place with swamps and water bodies in the early concept art and then they changed it.... it must be a re-telling of Dromund Kaas.

@panki

Interesting! You're right, it could definitely be a re-telling of Dromund Kaas. Or some other ancient capital. Either way it's going to be significant and I can't wait to learn more.

Didn't they also consider Felucia at some point in early concept art?

Can't wait to get my copy and see if it has any other clues. Or maybe I should just buy the e-book? But I already ordered the hard copy! Damn. Show me an archaeological mystery and I get too excited Laughing
@Darth Dingbat

Felucia is still swampy though... I think Aayla Secura got killed there in ROTS.... I love archaeological mysteries as well!!! Very Happy

@SoloSideCousin... actually that was my mistake.. I initially thought it was in the Outer Rim but Wookiepedia confirms it is in the Western Reaches and the last stop to the Unknown Regions (I got that part right).....but the Outer Rim is really far away from the Unknown Regions now.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 6:31 am

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@panki wrote:
@panki

@Darth Dingbat

Edit: Listen to @panki.  Wrote too soon. :-)
@SoloSideCousin

@Darth Dingbat

I believe the map does have it in the Western Regions though.  I would trust the map before Wookiepedia in this instance.  Primary vs. Secondary source and all. Very Happy
@SoloSideCousin

Yes, but Western Reaches could be Inner Rim or Outer Rim... this is a section of the map:

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 9 Witgatwotfa_1

Source: http://www.starwars.com/news/where-in-the-galaxy-are-the-worlds-of-star-wars-the-force-awakens

"You will see that the desert world of Jakku sits lonely and isolated, way out in the Western Reaches of the Inner Rim."

ETA: Eh, I don't know if "Western Reaches" only applies to Inner Rim territories? But anyway, Jakku is Inner Rim.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 6:37 am

@panki wrote:I wonder if it is Onderon or some other Inner Rim planet....core and inner rim planets tend to be more prosperous than other regions.
@panki

Yes, Onderon is my first guess because of the architectural details. And it would be great to bring a planet with so much rich EU history into the films.

I hope we'll get at least some spoilers about the place names soon Razz The wait is killing me.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 6:40 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@panki wrote:
@panki

@Darth Dingbat

@SoloSideCousin

@Darth Dingbat

I believe the map does have it in the Western Regions though.  I would trust the map before Wookiepedia in this instance.  Primary vs. Secondary source and all. Very Happy
@SoloSideCousin

Yes, but Western Reaches could be Inner Rim or Outer Rim... this is a section of the map:

Source: http://www.starwars.com/news/where-in-the-galaxy-are-the-worlds-of-star-wars-the-force-awakens

"You will see that the desert world of Jakku sits lonely and isolated, way out in the Western Reaches of the Inner Rim."
@Darth Dingbat

I think wookiepedia lists it as the western regions....while this article lists it as western regions of the inner rim.... maybe someone should ask PH to clarify? Razz

But seriously, it is still close to the Unknown Regions and would make an ideal place to retcon Dormund Kaas.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 6:43 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@panki wrote:I wonder if it is Onderon or some other Inner Rim planet....core and inner rim planets tend to be more prosperous than other regions.
@panki

Yes, Onderon is my first guess because of the architectural details. And it would be great to bring a planet with so much rich EU history into the films.

I hope we'll get at least some spoilers about the place names soon Razz The wait is killing me.
@Darth Dingbat

They might leave some clues in Rogue One and we might see them as easter eggs in Episode 8 if it is Onderon.....I love easter eggs! I'm all for Onderon appearing in the movies....it has been important even in the Clone Wars cartoon so would be nice to see it in a real movie as well. Smile

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 6:43 am

@panki wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@panki wrote:
@panki

@Darth Dingbat

@SoloSideCousin

@Darth Dingbat

@SoloSideCousin

@Darth Dingbat

I think wookiepedia lists it as the western regions....while this article lists it as western regions of the inner rim.... maybe someone should ask PH to clarify? Razz

But seriously, it is still close to the Unknown Regions and would make an ideal place to retcon Dormund Kaas.
@panki

Or... Zakuul. Zakuul was the capital of the Eternal Empire, and it was on the western edge of the galaxy.

Jakku. Zakuul.

Shocked
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 6:47 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@panki wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@panki wrote:
@panki

@Darth Dingbat

@SoloSideCousin

@Darth Dingbat

@SoloSideCousin

@Darth Dingbat

@panki

Or... Zakuul. Zakuul was the capital of the Eternal Empire, and it was on the western edge of the galaxy.

Jakku. Zakuul.

Shocked
@Darth Dingbat

Zakuul is plausible since some strange cult activities happened there....but wasn't it in the Unknown Regions proper? My immediate thought was Rakata Prime might have elements of Zakuul in it... Jakku could work too for Zakuul... though I am hoping they are bringing the Prophets of the Dark Side into canon .... I like that bunch a lot. Very Happy

Also, the Prophets of the Dark Side would be a nice contrast to LST's church of the Force.... since both light and dark side groups were drawn to Dormund Kaas over the years.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 7:22 am

@panki wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@panki wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@panki wrote:
@panki

@Darth Dingbat

@SoloSideCousin

@Darth Dingbat

@SoloSideCousin

@Darth Dingbat

@panki

Jakku. Zakuul.

Shocked
@Darth Dingbat

Zakuul is plausible since some strange cult activities happened there....but wasn't it in the Unknown Regions proper? My immediate thought was Rakata Prime might have elements of Zakuul in it... Jakku could work too for Zakuul... though I am hoping they are bringing the Prophets of the Dark Side into canon .... I like that bunch a lot. Very Happy

Also, the Prophets of the Dark Side would be a nice contrast to LST's church of the Force.... since both light and dark side groups were drawn to Dormund Kaas over the years.
@panki

Well, I'm not sure - Wookieepedia says Zakuul was Wild Space, rather than Unknown Regions proper... and if it was considered Unknown Regions in Valkorion's time, who's to say it would still be so over 3000 years later? I don't know.

Being a sort of borderline region would fit with Jakku's description as a jumping-off point for the Unknown Regions. Not to mention that the word "Jakku" would make sense as a corruption for "Zakuul"... hmmm.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 7:32 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@panki wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@panki wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@panki wrote:
@panki

@Darth Dingbat

@SoloSideCousin

@Darth Dingbat

@SoloSideCousin

@Darth Dingbat

@panki

Jakku. Zakuul.

Shocked
@Darth Dingbat

@panki

Well, I'm not sure - Wookieepedia says Zakuul was Wild Space, rather than Unknown Regions proper... and if it was considered Unknown Regions in Valkorion's time, who's to say it would still be so over 3000 years later? I don't know.

Being a sort of borderline region would fit with Jakku's description as a jumping-off point for the Unknown Regions. Not to mention that the word "Jakku" would make sense as a corruption for "Zakuul"... hmmm.
@Darth Dingbat

You do have a point there...the name does sound similar to Jakku.... but the mark on Rex's palm is very Prophets of the Dark Side... maybe they're mixing up stories and creating something new.....

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 10:29 am

All of this makes Jakku almost sound like the galactic equivalent to Nevada with all the folklore that surrounds the Nuclear Test site and Area 51. Rey would live in a trailer park in some place outside of Las Vegas and get the "you're just trailer trash" insult during her interrogation.

Or to make it more creepy, I remember reading an article somewhere about the production design and the original production design concept for Jakku being like the Atacama Desert in Chile. Which is home to the largest astronomical observatory and telescopes in the world. It's also home to the former prison camps that dissidents were sent to after General Pinochet (who was a scary evil mofo on the level of the Emperor or D ick Cheney) overthrew Salvador Allende's government and started rounding up anybody whose politics he didn't agree with. I saw a documentary a couple years back about it called Nostalgia for the Light that's about the families of the disappeared political dissidents, specifically the mothers. Who've traveled to the Atacama and sift through the sand on archaeological digs hoping to find the remains of their loved ones. Sounds pretty Jakku-like if you ask me. And if I'm not mistaken, Pablo Hildalgo's background is Chilean.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 11:04 am

Also the use of the term Acolyte is confusing to me because what context is meant to be used in, Catholic or Protestant? It seems like the definition varies depending on your denomination. I was raised as a Methodist and in that tradition, an acolyte is somebody who helps out the minister during service. Your level of responsibility is for things like lighting/putting out candles or assisting with handing out wine/wafers during Communion. But I suspect that it's a much higher level of responsibility in Catholicism and potentially in the Star Warsy context, can anybody elaborate?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 3:37 pm

http://io9.gizmodo.com/all-the-secrets-of-the-star-wars-galaxy-revealed-in-aft-1783530356?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_twitter&utm_source=io9_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Does that Han and Chewie exchange put Uncle Chewie back in the picture for Ben? It sounds that way to me. That was the intention, at least.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 3:42 pm

@snufkin wrote:Also the use of the term Acolyte is confusing to me because what context is meant to be used in, Catholic or Protestant? It seems like the definition varies depending on your denomination. I was raised as a Methodist and in that tradition, an acolyte is somebody who helps out the minister during service. Your level of responsibility is for things like lighting/putting out candles or assisting with handing out wine/wafers during Communion. But I suspect that it's a much higher level of responsibility in Catholicism and potentially in the Star Warsy context, can anybody elaborate?
@snufkin

Acolyte in the Star Wars definition means devotee or follower. There's the Acolytes of the Beyond who worshipped and revered all things connected to the dark side of the force. Lor San Tekka was involved with The Church of the Force who believed in and revered the Jedi and everything they embodied. Their faith was based on light being triumphant over dark in the end. I guess Luke was like their Jesus or something... I'm sure that didn't go to his head at all!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum