Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 15 Empty Re: Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending

Post by vaderito on Fri 22 Jul 2016, 7:49 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I forgot that in Claudia Gray's Bloodline, Ransolm Casterfo knows another collector of Imperial artefacts known as the 'Avenger of Jakku'.

I think the speculation about Rey returning there (maybe with Kylo) at some point might be onto something. I wouldn't surprised at all if Ep IX has some of its plot centred around Jakku.
@Mrs Ben Solo

That speculation about her return originated here (my comments in bold):

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/4l4zkn/believe_me_or_dont_i_read_the_script_ill_tell_you/

Firstly, let's just say that Johnson isn't as super uppity about security as JJ was, and that is all I will say about that matter.
This movie is gonna be f****ing dark guys. I can't wait for the soundtrack but when I finished I had to ask if this was a kids movie, just to be sure.
Holy hell it's dark. It makes Empire look like Jedi.
Luke is a f****ing bad*** just as we all knew he would be, but there's gonna be a moment you ask yourself the same thing I did: at what cost?
The script is filled to the brim with tension. Tension that affects the way our characters behave and interact with each other from the word go.
The tension mounts and becomes full fledged fractures by the final third of the script. Death, destruction, betrayal, all run rampant as we speed towards a climax that will leave people talking for years.
Questions will be answered. Questions like "Why was Snoke so cool with losing Starkiller?"
The answer is that he's got another weapon, perhaps the most dangerous weapon ever utilized in Star Wars. Certainly the most devastating. I can feel you all roll your eyes. Relax, it's not another Death Star. Mind you, this report may be 100% bull or mix of bull and real stuff but this weapon thing could be what's hidden on Jakku if details is right. Whatever there is on Jakku is likely a weapon unless it's something totally crazy like source of the Force or DS which is again weapon in round about way.
The events of the movie and the tension it brings which erupt in into fractures leave us with what I truly believe will be the heaviest, darkest, most beautiful ending to date in the Star Wars saga.
So this is what you all came for, is it not?
With no one left to turn to, nowhere to feel safe, and no one left to trust, Rey returns to Jakku, to her old AT-AT shelter. The final shot of the movie is Rey making another mark on her tally wall. This isn't that far off "Rey in a holding cell" but I find it pointless and don't feel the ending to be honest. It would feel like a reset button to me. So I would say if this has an ounce of truth, it refers to Rey in a holding cell not to Rey on jakku.
Believe me, or don't, that's totally your choice.
See you guys in a year.

Snoke is biding his time waiting to unleash his ultimate weapon. You'll see him in person. Again, this was in May, way before Life Debt came out and we don't even know if Life Debt refers to a weapon when they talk about Jakku importance. But could be SW version of Armaggedon,   the site of a gathering of armies for a battle during the end times, variously interpreted as either a literal or a symbolic location. The term is also used in a generic sense to refer to any end of the world scenario.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 15 Empty Re: Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending

Post by SoloSideCousin on Fri 22 Jul 2016, 8:02 pm

@jakkusun wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 15 PPolaaM Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 15 L1SfK4i

This is the cover for Aftermath: Empire's End.

Jakku is really being highlighted here. And it's Rey's AT-AT: the one she spent all those years living in. I don't expect anything too major but they are dropping more and more breadcrumbs.
@Mrs Ben Solo

And then with the line, "Every End Has a New Beginning," over Rey's house. The Empire is ending there, but the New Republic is also starting there. We don't see Rey for 30 years after. What is the new beginning? Because I don't think that they are talking about the Republic there. End of Empire led to FO evilness. What's Rey got to do with it? I don't know, but I think you're onto something @Helix.
@SoloSideCousin
I'm so hyped about this. I was hyped before, but the back is just that much more exciting. xD hahaha Didn't Rey's scavenger guide talk about theories that the empire ships crashed on purpose, dragging everything down with tractor beams, to hide whatever was on jakku...something like that? What if...what if they ended the entire empire on purpose, too, to better rebuild the FO from the ashes? It was all planned! By Snoke, for course. Ahhhhh terrible and wild theories. So exciting. lulz (I love how Rey's guide not-so-subtly makes fun of fans when it talks about the wild theories the people of Jakku talk about...it gets to the point where people swear that the emperor was a teedo. hahaha I found it so hilarious. And after this book comes out...it will be almost too close to reality.)
@jakkusun

Actually after reading Aftermath: Life Debt
Spoiler:
I think it is very plausible that a lot of things are planned. And also with the purposeful crashing, there is a really creepy scene in Life Debt where one TIE fighter after another suicide dives one after another into a wall. It was so eerily reminiscent of 9/11 that I was surprised it was included.

SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 22 Jul 2016, 8:10 pm

Thanks @vaderito I usually steer clear of Reddit "spoilers" so I hadn't read that before, just the bits and pieces that people have posted in speculation. I don't know if I see it playing out like that, but I definitely think it's all leading back to Jakku somehow. There has been too many mentions of it and hints of it having deeper importance/significance. I was talking about it to someone on Twitter, earlier. He reminded me of the line that Finn says - "Why does everyone want to go back to Jakku?!" It could be foreshadowing. Maybe the Jakku stuff will be played out in the canon books, but it seems like there's more to it than that, especially with Rey's story still to be told.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 22 Jul 2016, 8:14 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Thanks @vaderito I usually steer clear of Reddit "spoilers" so I hadn't read that before, just the bits and pieces that people have posted in speculation. I don't know if I see it playing out like that, but I definitely think it's all leading back to Jakku somehow. There has been too many mentions of it and hints of it having deeper importance/significance. I was talking about it to someone on Twitter, earlier. He reminded me of the line that Finn says - "Why does everyone want to go back to Jakku?!" It could be foreshadowing. Maybe the Jakku stuff will be played out in the canon books, but it seems like there's more to it than that, especially with Rey's story still to be told.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Oh and Kylo said in novelization "inconsequential" Jakku maybe foreshadowing that it'll be consequential. That together with Finn's comment...yeah.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Fri 22 Jul 2016, 8:21 pm

I was also thinking Jakku will be revisited again. Just based on the TFA Jakku had some weird mysterious power - the place where Finn has his epiphany, where San Tekka and his peeps were hanging out AND the falcon happens to be there? And of course where Rey is. Too many events happening together at the same time near each other, it was suspicious. And now with all these books coming out speaking more about Jakku it's all the more fascinating. It's like Jakku takes on as a whole other mysterious character lol.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 22 Jul 2016, 8:27 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Darth Dementor wrote:
@vaderito wrote:@Darth Dementor Are KoR descended from Acolytes?

@Helix Rey's AT-AT fell during the Battle of Jakku.
@vaderito

Your guess is as good as mine.  I'm going by what's in the video I posted.  This seemed like the proper thread to place it in.
@Darth Dementor

At the very least, it seems possible that they're a precursor, given their costumes and Vader obsession.
@ISeeAnIsland

Hmmm, if KoR have Acolyte connection, than Vader obsession would explain kneeling before Kylo after they crashed on Ahch-to. he's Vader's grandson, the closest thing to their idol, Vader's son and daughter notwithstanding.
@vaderito

Your post just made me think of something... The arrogance/sense of entitlement that we see flashes of in Kylo at times during TFA doesn't necessarily jibe with the bits we've heard about his childhood, nor does it fit with the self-loathing that we also see. Perhaps that sense of entitlement is rooted in the way that he's been treated by Vader worshippers (and that extends to the KOR).

That said, I still think it's possible that whatever happened at Luke's temple could've culminated with Ben being kidnapped by the KOR as the ultimate Vader relic. Especially given some of what we've seen with the Acolytes in Life Debt.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 22 Jul 2016, 8:43 pm

@ISeeAnIsland That's going to be a big reveal which is why KoR coming in the third act doesn't make sense narratively cause Kylo and Luke have to talk it out at some point in VIII.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 22 Jul 2016, 8:53 pm

@vaderito wrote:@ISeeAnIsland That's going to be a big reveal which is why KoR coming in the third act doesn't make sense narratively cause Kylo and Luke have to talk it out at some point in VIII.
@vaderito

Yeah, I just can't see any way they can make a compelling narrative out of KoR showing up in Act III, especially if there's going to be a redemption arc. What do Rey and Luke do all of Act I & II? Train and talk to Force ghosts? And for that matter, what does Kylo do? Just train to become Eviler & Eviler?
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Fri 22 Jul 2016, 9:00 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Darth Dementor wrote:

@vaderito

Your guess is as good as mine.  I'm going by what's in the video I posted.  This seemed like the proper thread to place it in.
@Darth Dementor

At the very least, it seems possible that they're a precursor, given their costumes and Vader obsession.
@ISeeAnIsland

Hmmm, if KoR have Acolyte connection, than Vader obsession would explain kneeling before Kylo after they crashed on Ahch-to. he's Vader's grandson, the closest thing to their idol, Vader's son and daughter notwithstanding.
@vaderito

Your post just made me think of something... The arrogance/sense of entitlement that we see flashes of in Kylo at times during TFA doesn't necessarily jibe with the bits we've heard about his childhood, nor does it fit with the self-loathing that we also see. Perhaps that sense of entitlement is rooted in the way that he's been treated by Vader worshippers (and that extends to the KOR).

That said, I still think it's possible that whatever happened at Luke's temple could've culminated with Ben being kidnapped by the KOR as the ultimate Vader relic. Especially given some of what we've seen with the Acolytes in Life Debt.
@ISeeAnIsland

That is a really good point! I also wonder whether the KOR are connected to the Acolytes of the Beyond and whether they also revere Vader. As Vader's grandson (and a powerful force user), Kylo would definitely be revered by them as well.

I could see how being Vader's heir and fulfilling Vader's mission could give Kylo a perceived sense of purpose if he previously felt powerless and weak.

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 22 Jul 2016, 9:33 pm

Kessel89 wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Darth Dementor wrote:

@vaderito

@Darth Dementor

@ISeeAnIsland

@vaderito

@ISeeAnIsland

That is a really good point! I also wonder whether the KOR are connected to the Acolytes of the Beyond and whether they also revere Vader. As Vader's grandson (and a powerful force user), Kylo would definitely be revered by them as well.

I could see how being Vader's heir and fulfilling Vader's mission could give Kylo a perceived sense of purpose if he previously felt powerless and weak.
@Kessel89

And IF Ben was kidnapped by the KoR, perhaps it really was a situation where Luke was gone and Ben was framed for whatever murders occurred during the kidnapping or something. And if they'd thought that he'd turned (rather than being kidnapped), perhaps Han/Leia/Luke never sent anyone after Ben to rescue him...which would, of course, lead to understandable feelings of abandonment and could certainly lead to some of the resentment that he clearly felt.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 12:05 am

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Kessel89 wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Darth Dementor wrote:

@vaderito

@Darth Dementor

@ISeeAnIsland

@vaderito

@ISeeAnIsland

@Kessel89

And IF Ben was kidnapped by the KoR, perhaps it really was a situation where Luke was gone and Ben was framed for whatever murders occurred during the kidnapping or something. And if they'd thought that he'd turned (rather than being kidnapped), perhaps Han/Leia/Luke never sent anyone after Ben to rescue him...which would, of course, lead to understandable feelings of abandonment and could certainly lead to some of the resentment that he clearly felt.
@ISeeAnIsland

This idea is really interesting..... I remember when Kylo tells Rey- Han Solo can't save you now..... what if these were the very same lines Snoke and his minions used on Ben Solo after kidnapping him and then nobody came to rescue him? Sad It would explain his feelings of abandonment by his family.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 12:54 am

@panki wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Kessel89 wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Darth Dementor wrote:

@vaderito

@Darth Dementor

@ISeeAnIsland

@vaderito

@ISeeAnIsland

@Kessel89

@ISeeAnIsland

This idea is really interesting..... I remember when Kylo tells Rey- Han Solo can't save you now..... what if these were the very same lines Snoke and his minions used on Ben Solo after kidnapping him and then nobody came to rescue him? Sad It would explain his feelings of abandonment by his family.
@panki

I've thought that was one possible scenario, that he was set up and if there were issues before (whatever happened that made Leia send him away to Luke), it could've easily led his parents and Luke jumping to the conclusion that he was an active agent. But it's pretty easy for me to believe that scenario because one of the biggest cases of kidnapping/Stockholm Syndrome case (Patty Hearst) happened here. It definitely can't be that they set up an exact parallel to what happened in the PT, though there could be elements of hubris/disillusionment/change in beliefs.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 9:20 am

Someone on Twitter asked Chuck Wendig if there would be more Hux (I assume he meant Armitage) in the next book, and he replied - MAYBE... Looks like we will get more backstory as it's something the movies will not make time for. I guess it makes for a more rounded character for those who read the books but it won't be essential for the GA to know when it comes to General Hux on screen.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 12:58 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Someone on Twitter asked Chuck Wendig if there would be more Hux (I assume he meant Armitage) in the next book, and he replied - MAYBE... Looks like we will get more backstory as it's something the movies will not make time for. I guess it makes for a more rounded character for those who read the books but it won't be essential for the GA to know when it comes to General Hux on screen.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Exactly. he isn't that big a player to requite backstory and, more importantly, his backstory doesn't do sith to forward the plot.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 1:29 pm

@vaderito wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Someone on Twitter asked Chuck Wendig if there would be more Hux (I assume he meant Armitage) in the next book, and he replied - MAYBE... Looks like we will get more backstory as it's something the movies will not make time for. I guess it makes for a more rounded character for those who read the books but it won't be essential for the GA to know when it comes to General Hux on screen.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Exactly. he isn't that big a player to requite backstory and, more importantly, his backstory doesn't do sith to forward the plot.
@vaderito

Yep, that's pretty much it.

Chuck Wendig said that the next book deals with the Battle of Jakku. It has already been stated in Claudia Gray's Bloodline that Brendol Hux disappeared after the Battle of Jakku (Lady Carise Sindian said so). It was also hinted that he was one of the founders of the First Order. Pablo Hidalgo's recent tweet about Armitage Hux implied he got to where he is through nepotism so I guess we might see more of the father - son relationship in the next book.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 24 Jul 2016, 5:04 pm

This could mean nothing or it could mean something. Admiral Slone ponders the future of the crumbling Empire. Palpatine had no children that anyone knows of. Vader had no children but he wasn't human anyway. Hmmmmmmm.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sun 24 Jul 2016, 11:07 pm

@vaderito wrote:This could mean nothing or it could mean something. Admiral Slone ponders the future of the crumbling Empire. Palpatine had no children that anyone knows of. Vader had no children but he wasn't human anyway. Hmmmmmmm.
@vaderito

Oh I see you got the book! : D ... Yeah, that line hit me too. :-)
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 27 Jul 2016, 12:29 pm

Okay. JUST started Life Debt and I'm around page 60. Has the fight/love scene between Jas and Jom been discussed? I get the feeling these books (Bloodlines, too) foreshadow a lot of what will happen in the movies using other characters. There is also very much a theme here of people switching allegiances and those on opposing sides working together. Rae Sloan is interesting too - she seems very much like a decent human being working for the greater good. That greater good to her involves bringing back the Empire.

I really, really love where this is going.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 27 Jul 2016, 12:56 pm

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 27 Jul 2016, 1:05 pm

@spacebaby45678 Thanks! I'll give it a listen after I finish the book. Can't be spoiled just yet... Smile
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 27 Jul 2016, 1:11 pm

@IoJovi wrote:Okay. JUST started Life Debt and I'm around page 60. Has the fight/love scene between Jas and Jom been discussed? I get the feeling these books (Bloodlines, too) foreshadow a lot of what will happen in the movies using other characters. There is also very much a theme here of people switching allegiances and those on opposing sides working together. Rae Sloan is interesting too - she seems very much like a decent human being working for the greater good. That greater good to her involves bringing back the Empire.

I really, really love where this is going.
@IoJovi

I skip everything that isn't relevant for TFA to be honest. Plus I find SW's alien + human relationships icky. There's something about SW aliens that I don't find appealing so when they are romantically paired with humans I cringe. Like Kanan + green slug head. Ewww.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 27 Jul 2016, 1:16 pm

But I thought Jas and Jom were both human?!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 27 Jul 2016, 1:33 pm

@IoJovi wrote:But I thought Jas and Jom were both human?!
@IoJovi

No she is Zabrak, horn head

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 15 Latest?cb=20130918112938

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 15 Latest?cb=20110809004833

This one is beautiful, though:

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 15 Bf89ddaff1b38f0da565cf2ff647091f

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 27 Jul 2016, 1:35 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@IoJovi

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 15 Bf89ddaff1b38f0da565cf2ff647091f

@vaderito

Okay got it - like Darth Maul.  She's humanoid at least - I can accept that. In fact, the first little excerpt I come across when I look them up on Wookieepedia is that they can interbreed with humans. If she were say....a Wookiee, that might a bit much.  Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Wed 27 Jul 2016, 2:50 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@IoJovi

@vaderito

Okay got it - like Darth Maul.  She's humanoid at least - I can accept that.  In fact, the first little excerpt I come across when I look them up on Wookieepedia is that they can interbreed with humans.  If she were say....a Wookiee, that might a bit much.  Laughing
@IoJovi

I have a soft corner for Jas because she is the niece of a Clone Wars character I like. Smile

While she has Zabrak blood, Jas might not be a full Zabrak. Characters who are a mix of Zabrak and human don't have horns..I think it is mentioned in Aftermath (Part I) that her horns are fake. Here is the excerpt:

She reaches up, fidgets with her scalp. He watches as her fingers drift along the barbed horns that form a thorny crown on her head—she grimaces as she breaks one of them off with a loud snap.
He says, “That looks like it hurt.”
“It didn’t. It’s fake.” She teases something out of the horn—something metal.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum