Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 22 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9

Post by Guest on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 9:33 am

@IoJovi LOL. My favorite is when Kylo is standing in a huge heart-shaped mist as he and Snoke are discussing "the scavenger". It's no wonder Snoke accuses him of having compassion for her - Kylo can try to deny it all he likes but he just makes it way too obvious. Razz

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 22 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9

Post by IoJovi on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 10:01 am

WhatGirl wrote:@IoJovi LOL. My favorite is when Kylo is standing in a huge heart-shaped mist as he and Snoke are discussing "the scavenger". It's no wonder Snoke accuses him of having compassion for her - Kylo can try to deny it all he likes but he just makes it way too obvious. Razz
@WhatGirl

He needs to hide that stat because Snoke can see that sith!!!
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 22 Kylo_r13

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 22 Kylo_r14
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 10:24 am

@IoJovi wrote:He needs to hide that stat because Snoke can see that sith!!!
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 22 Kylo_r13

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 22 Kylo_r14
@IoJovi

Yep. Snoke knows he's in love with the scavenger girl.

"No-never. Compassion? For an enemy of the Order?" As he stands in a giant heart-shaped cloud. ROFL

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 10:27 am

I think all those hearts aren't intentional, just the results of editing and playing with effects.
But yeah, I wonder what Snoke will do about the whole 'compassion' thing. No way he's spent decades molding some kid into an almost perfect warrior only for a girl to break it all down.
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 10:32 am

Think Snoke will definitely tell him to go after Rey, and Kylo will be hellbent on trying to prove himself to him. But "mystical" Ach-to has other planss Razz

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 3:30 pm

@rey09 wrote:Think Snoke will definitely tell him to go after Rey, and Kylo will be hellbent on trying to prove himself to him. But "mystical" Ach-to has other planss Razz
@rey09

Definitely something will happen to them. After all, he's a part of Rey's future, not to mention the screenshot of Rey's vision where Kylo appeared with a heart nearby. Eternal Valentine Smile
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 7:00 pm

@Sylvia Snow wrote:
@rey09 wrote:Think Snoke will definitely tell him to go after Rey, and Kylo will be hellbent on trying to prove himself to him. But "mystical" Ach-to has other planss Razz
@rey09

Definitely something will happen to them. After all, he's a part of Rey's future, not to mention the screenshot of Rey's vision where Kylo appeared with a heart nearby. Eternal Valentine Smile
@Sylvia Snow

That reminds me...and maybe this was obvious lol but I was reading a tumblr post and was like duh! Maz is like the people you are waiting for aren't coming back, but someone else can (come/come back for her?). She went to Luke, he didn't come for her right?! But who did come for her? Kylo? And yes pablo was like we shall see, but didn't even realize the language makes it less likely for luke because he did not come for her persay.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 7:43 pm

@reylo1992 wrote:
@Krafty wrote:@reylo1992 -Wow great post! And welcome to the club! Wink

I listened to that deleted scene probably six times trying to make sense of it. I did hear the heartbeat, and I absolutely hate to be devil's advocate or Johnny Rain Cloud here...but I think because they're in a medical bey sort of area, that the heartbeat is actually Finn's heart monitor beating we hear.
So that would be some kind of subliminal programming designed to make us feel concern for Finn.

I tasted a little bit of vinegar writing that, but I think that's probably what that is. Euh
@Krafty  

Thank you for your welcoming words and your comments Smile I hadn't thought that this could possibly be a subliminal programming to make us feel her concern for Finn but why not Wink  This is a good idea because the sound that we hear in the deleted scene is the same that the sound that we hear in the following shot:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 22 Screen12

So this mean that Finn is supposed to be in that room at that precise moment (see on the right) where the hearbeat sound is to be heard:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 22 Screen14

We don't know where Rey is exactly but probably in the main room. We only know that she stands next to a pillar (see the vegetation on the right) with a screen behind:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 22 Screen11

And just before R2 shows the map, she sits next to a pillar with a screen behind. Notice that she stills has her scavenger clothes in this shot and that this is still the case in the deleted scene (while she wears other clothes when she stands by Finn's side to kiss him goodbye):ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 22 Screen12

So it is not easy to know what is her location in relation to Finn's but I would rather say that she is not staring at him at that moment but it does not mean that the idea of the subliminal programme doesn't work.

However, the more I see the scene, the more I find Rey's reaction to Dr Kalonia's news weird. Again I have no doubt that Rey deeply cares for Finn but somehow it really looks like she's somewhere else in thought. First, her face expression before the doctor is coming looks quite similar to Leia's in Episode V (when Luke is reaching out to her through their force bond). Both seem so deeply in thought and clearly stare into emptiness. And then both react physically to something: Leia blinks softly when Lukes is reaching out to her and Rey's face expression obviously changes without any explanation just before the doctor shows up to give the good news.
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 22 14692610
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 22 14692611

But the most intriguing thing to me is her reaction to the news. Let's have a close look at this in slow motion:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 22 114
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 22 311
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 22 214

First gif (0:15 s - 0:18 s): Dr. Kalonia shows up to give Rey the good news about Finn. At that moment, Rey stills stares in emptiness as if she was deep in thoughts. Then you see her turning her head to look at the doctor. While looking closely at Rey's eyes, I really got the impression it takes a little while before realize she what the doctor is talking about. She simply stares at her puzzled without any reaction during at least 3-4 seconds (0:15 until 0:18). I may be wrong but it really looks like she remains deep in thought although she was interrupted.

Second gif (0:18 s - 0:21 s): Rey turns slightly her head on the left. She does not even look at Dr. Kalonia any more (while the doctor is still staring at her, problably expecting for a reaction from her) and seem to focus on something (0:18). At that precise moment, the sound of the electrocardiogram is to be heard and it seems to me that Rey's attention focus on this sound. And suddently, Rey blinks twice, her eyes widden and her mouth opens a little more as if she was realizing that's something going on (0:19). And at that very precise moment, we can hear for the first time a very soft heartbeat. And she really blinks for the first time while the heartbeat is to be heard as if she was reacting to that. And then, we can see that she finally manage to smile nervously and let escape a little gasp of relief (0:19-0:21). Meanwhile, the doctor was still looking at her waiting for her reaction.

Third gif (0:21 s - 0:24) : Rey turns her head again on the right, manage to smile to Dr. Kalonia very softly and they exchange a very brief glance (barely 1 s). I don't really know how to describe Rey's smile at 0:21 s. It seems that she takes note of the news and expresses sort of gratitude but there is something else that leaves me perplex. I don't know if I am right but I feel a sort of embarrassement between them during that very brief interaction. They both smile politely but it seems to me that Rey doesn't feel very at ease and that the doctor quickly leaves her alone as if she was sensing her unease.  And immediatly after, Rey looks away again, her smile disappear and her face expression looks focused when she sinks deep in thought again, probably to listen to the heartbeat sounds.

I may interpret completely wrong but I really got the impression that the interraction between both characters was somehow weird. In fact, they don't seem to interract or to put it in another way it doesn't seem that Rey really interact with the doctor. She looks completely focused on something else from the beginning, look at her puzzled for a few seconds as if she was saying "what are you talking about? What friend?", then seem to react rather to the heartbeat sound than the news itself and finally make understand that she takes note of the news before sinking again deep in thought at the end.

And meanwhile, a heartbeat sound is to be heard more and more distinctively during the scene. Of course, this is very possible that the hearbeat sound comes from Finn (it really looks like) but I truly feel that there's something else going on there. It is at least quite ambiguous. And let's not forget that as a conclusion Wink

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 22 Yza_oe31

Perhaps that she heard Kylo Ren's heartbeat for the first time while leaving the SB and that may be the reason why she glanced back?
@reylo1992

Excellent catch on the potential callback to Leia "hearing" Luke because there are other callbacks to ESB in relation to those two. Which nobody seems to mention because the filmmakers tricked a lot of viewers with other more obvious callbacks to the first movie.

I think it's meant to be ambiguous, that she could be tapping into whatever pain or emotions he's experiencing after the fight, in addition to being there for Finn. Also the script says something to the effect that she is "so sad, so sorry" for Leia when they first see each other face to face. So it may also be also thinking/feeling grief for the horrible thing that's happened to that family. Especially if it's meant to be the scene between she and Leia hugging each other and then Leia sitting sadly by herself (poor Leia Sad ) before the map discovery.

Also small detail, but when the doctor tells her "your friend's going to be okay," - Mostly likely the first time anybody has been called Rey's friend, meaning Finn really is the first friend she's ever had.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 8:02 pm

In the first slow motion gif up there, it does look like Rey's expression goes from fairly calm to almost in shock/very frightened in reaction to whatever she's looking at/experiencing.  At full speed, it's all so fast it's hard to catch.

When Kylo and Rey finally give in to their feelings, they are going to be so good for each other.
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Sun 24 Jul 2016, 2:31 am

@Slade

I completely agree with you. It seems that her face expression suddently changes from focus to fear just before the doctor gives her the good news. It is hard to catch it but if we listen very carefully, we can hear her gasping softly as if she was reacting to something wrong. And Finn is supposed to be already out of danger at that point although badly injured, so... Wink
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 24 Jul 2016, 5:31 am

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty on Sun 24 Jul 2016, 5:53 am

@spacebaby45678
^^^Yes!
They're doing it right!
Congratulations to them on their engagement!
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Sun 24 Jul 2016, 6:00 am

@snufkin

Your comment about the Leia/Rey hug reminds me of something that I woud like to share with you and the "Reylo" community regarding this scene. While watching this scene for the first time, I think that a lot of us were surprised by Leia's behavior toward Rey. Why would she hug this complete stranger for such a long while instead of Chewie whom with she shares a common grief because of Han's death? While being interviewed about this weird moment, J.J. Abrams acknowledged a mistake and his explanation should be enough.

Now, let's have a look on the interaction:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 22 14693412
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 22 14693413

In the first gif, Leia looks immediately drawn to Rey for some mysterious reason. She stares fixedly and approaches slowly as if she was inexorably pulled at that young woman. And in the second gif, we see her completely abandoning herself in the arms of this complete stranger as if she was the most precious person in the galaxy. I really got the impression while watching the scene that Rey is to Leia some precious water in a desert: Leia's face literally falls on Rey's shoulders and then on her neck. Both characters clearly share an intimate moment of grief for a long while. The first impression is that they share the common grief because of Han's death (they certainly do!) but the interaction looks weird for the following reason.

Leia is a very tough person who has gone through a lot during her whole life. When we think about it, she is even the Star Wars character who has undergone the most in the whole franchise: she lost her birth mother, lost her home family (and planet), was tortured heartlessly by her own father (whom with she never got the chance to reconcile), lost her husband (whom with she was estranged for years), has no contact any more with her twin brother for years and could not prevent her only son (who is at that moment gravely injured) to turn to the dark side. Despite all of that, she always proved to be very tough and obviously doesn't belong to the kind of persons who give themselves easily into emotions, i.e. when she says that they will grief later about Alderaan in Episode IV. So why the hell would she literally fall into the arms of a complete stranger like Rey?

At a first sight, I thought that the only reason behind her behaviour would be that she somehow feels a family connection with Rey without knowing who she really is. So this led me first to think that Rey could be potentially Luke's daughter. After having analyzed the film, I am convinced that Rey is definitely not a Skywalker by birth but is meant to become one by marriage.

And here comes what I have found out about the Rey/Leia hug moment:

While watching the Rey/Leia hug, I decided to focus my attention on the music played in the background from 3:06 min until the end of video. This reminded me of a melody that I thought having heard somewhere else in the film but I did't know when exactly. And then, while watching  the Han Solo's death scene, I finally put the finger on it Guess what? The melody that we hear during the Leia/Rey hug is very similar with the one we hear during the Kylo/Leia moment (from 3:16 min) at the end of the Han Solo's death scene! I can imagine that as a Force sensitive mother, Leia certainly has a Force connection with her son. And as nothing seems to be a coincidence in this film, I suppose that John Willams purposely composed a similar melody to bind these two moments.

What's more, while Leia hugs Rey, her ring appears on the screen. Let's have a look at that ring:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 22 Tumblr10

They could have chosen to let her wear a very simple (wedding) ring (after all, why would the ring be that important?). But instead of that, the ring is composed of two bonded oval stones! As nothing seems to be a coincidence, we may suppose that the ring has a specific meaning too, i.e. it may refers to Rey/Kylo's Force Bond (?).

When combining both hidden clues (music + ring), it seems to me that Leia's behavior makes much more sense now. She problably feels immediately drawn  to this complete stranger because she can somehow feel her son's presence through this young woman who has interacted with him physically, emotionally and through the Force within the last hours. The novel precises that Han Solo "discovers the face of his son as a man" for the first time, which heavily implies that they haven't seen their son's face and haven't been near him since his teenage years. Knowing that, I don't find it surprising at all that Leia completely ignores Chewie and immediately goes to Rey to greet her in the way she does. Which (Force sensitive) mother would not react like that just to feel the remaining presence of her estranged  and injured son for a few seconds? So this is also not surprising that J.J. Abrams preferred to acknowledge a mistake regarding Chewie rather than giving the real explanation behind it (providing that the analysis is right of course).

What's more, the novel refers to this moment as a "mother's embrace", so I guess that Leia doesn't only hug Rey but Kylo as well somehow (despite his crimes, he remains her only son and the only thing she has left). Regarding Rey, the novel precises that she also feels instinctively drawn to Leia despite not knowing her (and that she is Han Solo's wife). So this may implies that a part of Kylo's definitely remained by Rey's side after the snow fight and that the Force bond is already somehow active. Providing that this is the case, this could partially explain why Rey seems so concerned in the deleted scene and also potentially explain why Leia's face looks so devasted and anxious at the same time just before R2 shows the maps. If this deleted scene would have been integrated in the film editing, I suppose that it would have been set between the Rey/Leia hug moment and the Leia's grief moment, so Rey's weird behavior in this deleted scene could make even more sense.

Sorry for the long post. I can't help myself to write a lot and explain extensively all what I see Wink
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sun 24 Jul 2016, 6:15 am

She's not looking at Finn she's in front of the map looking ahead. You can see where she is because of the blip at the top of the screen is on the left where as its on the right in Finns section , she's not even in the same area as him. That's interesting Smile
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sun 24 Jul 2016, 9:56 am

About the Rey and Leia hug, I think at some point JJ said it was a mistake (or something along those lines) after fans complained that Leia just ignored Chewie, who she knows and who is easily more torn up about Han's death, in order to embrace someone she barely knows. So I've tried not to read too much into it.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Sun 24 Jul 2016, 12:01 pm

@ZioRen wrote:About the Rey and Leia hug, I think at some point JJ said it was a mistake (or something along those lines) after fans complained that Leia just ignored Chewie, who she knows and who is easily more torn up about Han's death, in order to embrace someone she barely knows. So I've tried not to read too much into it.
@ZioRen

In the German gaming forum I'm in they hypothesized that it's beneath Leia to hug a mere secondary character. Laughing
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 24 Jul 2016, 12:05 pm

Honestly think the hug was just classic
JJ misdirection/mystery box theater, designed for the sole purpose of focusing on Leia's double stoned ring.  Personally, I think the ring represents Han and Ben, but it was made to make the audience wonder if Leia had more than one child.

Coupled by the fact that Leia dissed Chewie in order to hug Rey to accomplish said misdirection, no wonder JJ called it a mistake!  Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Sun 24 Jul 2016, 12:49 pm

Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 24 Jul 2016, 12:59 pm

@reylo1992 wrote:@snufkin

Your comment about the Leia/Rey hug reminds me of something that I woud like to share with you and the "Reylo" community regarding this scene. While watching this scene for the first time, I think that a lot of us were surprised by Leia's behavior toward Rey. Why would she hug this complete stranger for such a long while instead of Chewie whom with she shares a common grief because of Han's death? While being interviewed about this weird moment, J.J. Abrams acknowledged a mistake and his explanation should be enough.

Now, let's have a look on the interaction:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 22 14693412
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 22 14693413

In the first gif, Leia looks immediately drawn to Rey for some mysterious reason. She stares fixedly and approaches slowly as if she was inexorably pulled at that young woman. And in the second gif, we see her completely abandoning herself in the arms of this complete stranger as if she was the most precious person in the galaxy. I really got the impression while watching the scene that Rey is to Leia some precious water in a desert: Leia's face literally falls on Rey's shoulders and then on her neck. Both characters clearly share an intimate moment of grief for a long while. The first impression is that they share the common grief because of Han's death (they certainly do!) but the interaction looks weird for the following reason.

Leia is a very tough person who has gone through a lot during her whole life. When we think about it, she is even the Star Wars character who has undergone the most in the whole franchise: she lost her birth mother, lost her home family (and planet), was tortured heartlessly by her own father (whom with she never got the chance to reconcile), lost her husband (whom with she was estranged for years), has no contact any more with her twin brother for years and could not prevent her only son (who is at that moment gravely injured) to turn to the dark side. Despite all of that, she always proved to be very tough and obviously doesn't belong to the kind of persons who give themselves easily into emotions, i.e. when she says that they will grief later about Alderaan in Episode IV. So why the hell would she literally fall into the arms of a complete stranger like Rey?

At a first sight, I thought that the only reason behind her behaviour would be that she somehow feels a family connection with Rey without knowing who she really is. So this led me first to think that Rey could be potentially Luke's daughter. After having analyzed the film, I am convinced that Rey is definitely not a Skywalker by birth but is meant to become one by marriage.

And here comes what I have found out about the Rey/Leia hug moment:

While watching the Rey/Leia hug, I decided to focus my attention on the music played in the background from 3:06 min until the end of video. This reminded me of a melody that I thought having heard somewhere else in the film but I did't know when exactly. And then, while watching  the Han Solo's death scene, I finally put the finger on it Guess what? The melody that we hear during the Leia/Rey hug is very similar with the one we hear during the Kylo/Leia moment (from 3:16 min) at the end of the Han Solo's death scene! I can imagine that as a Force sensitive mother, Leia certainly has a Force connection with her son. And as nothing seems to be a coincidence in this film, I suppose that John Willams purposely composed a similar melody to bind these two moments.

What's more, while Leia hugs Rey, her ring appears on the screen. Let's have a look at that ring:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 22 Tumblr10

They could have chosen to let her wear a very simple (wedding) ring (after all, why would the ring be that important?). But instead of that, the ring is composed of two bonded oval stones! As nothing seems to be a coincidence, we may suppose that the ring has a specific meaning too, i.e. it may refers to Rey/Kylo's Force Bond (?).

When combining both hidden clues (music + ring), it seems to me that Leia's behavior makes much more sense now. She problably feels immediately drawn  to this complete stranger because she can somehow feel her son's presence through this young woman who has interacted with him physically, emotionally and through the Force within the last hours. The novel precises that Han Solo "discovers the face of his son as a man" for the first time, which heavily implies that they haven't seen their son's face and haven't been near him since his teenage years. Knowing that, I don't find it surprising at all that Leia completely ignores Chewie and immediately goes to Rey to greet her in the way she does. Which (Force sensitive) mother would not react like that just to feel the remaining presence of her estranged  and injured son for a few seconds? So this is also not surprising that J.J. Abrams preferred to acknowledge a mistake regarding Chewie rather than giving the real explanation behind it (providing that the analysis is right of course).

What's more, the novel refers to this moment as a "mother's embrace", so I guess that Leia doesn't only hug Rey but Kylo as well somehow (despite his crimes, he remains her only son and the only thing she has left). Regarding Rey, the novel precises that she also feels instinctively drawn to Leia despite not knowing her (and that she is Han Solo's wife). So this may implies that a part of Kylo's definitely remained by Rey's side after the snow fight and that the Force bond is already somehow active. Providing that this is the case, this could partially explain why Rey seems so concerned in the deleted scene and also potentially explain why Leia's face looks so devasted and anxious at the same time just before R2 shows the maps. If this deleted scene would have been integrated in the film editing, I suppose that it would have been set between the Rey/Leia hug moment and the Leia's grief moment, so Rey's weird behavior in this deleted scene could make even more sense.

Sorry for the long post. I can't help myself to write a lot and explain extensively all what I see ;)
@reylo1992

Another great post! I agree with you that Leia was 'pulled' to Rey because of many reasons, possibly that she could sense her son's presence because Rey had just been with him {and maybe also shares with her the ability to have a Force Bond with him}.

After the first time I saw the movie and was like "What did I just see between those two kids?" and went on the Internet, one of the "theories" about Rey being Leia's secret daughter was based on the two stone ring. That it was "supposed" to represent her and Ben as Leia's children. Nevermind anybody stating that it could be that she wears that ring with two stones for the two men in her life, her husband (Han) and her son (Ben). Obviously Rey will be her daughter, that is her eventual daughter-in-law ; ).

And welcome! We enjoy dissecting scenes and characters because we all love deconstructing literature and movies in general. So you'll have fun here : )
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaleyna on Sun 24 Jul 2016, 1:16 pm

@reylo1992

Unless the photo is flipped, the ring ns not on her wedding ring hand. She has it on her right hand. It could represent Han and Ben or Luke and Leia.
Kaleyna
Kaleyna
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 24 Jul 2016, 1:21 pm

@Kaleyna that's why I really think it was just a mistake on JJ's part, which he even admitted. It was meant to misdirection people to Rey Solo, which we all know is dead and buried.

To me, it seems to represent the loss of both Han and her son.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlitMoss on Sun 24 Jul 2016, 1:49 pm

@Sylvia Snow

Awww, congrats to them! EPIC proposal!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan on Sun 24 Jul 2016, 2:10 pm

@Kaleyna wrote:What's more, while Leia hugs Rey, her ring appears on the screen. Let's have a look at that ring:

@reylo1992

Unless the photo is flipped, the ring ns not on her wedding ring hand. She has it on her right hand. It could represent Han and Ben or Luke and Leia.
@Kaleyna

This is exactly what I think. I remember noticing the ring in my first viewing of TFA because it's just so in your face. The first thing that I checked is that it's not in her wedding ring finger, and because it's two stones I immediately thought it was meant to signify "Luke and Leia" twindom and left it at that.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sun 24 Jul 2016, 2:23 pm

Apropos of nothing but I had the most vivid SW dream last night. I saw parts of Episode VIII in it - Kylo and Luke scenes, no Rey - and there was something so very surprising there that I thought "wow, why haven't I thought of this theory before?! OMG!!" But in the morning I couldn't remember anything about this theory. Figures.

The only thing I can remember is that Kylo held and ignited the Darksaber at some point, for some reason. It looked amazing on film.

Oh, wait, it wasn't actually a film. Oh well. Carry on as you were. Laughing
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Sun 24 Jul 2016, 2:26 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Apropos of nothing but I had the most vivid SW dream last night. I saw parts of Episode VIII in it - Kylo and Luke scenes, no Rey - and there was something so very surprising there that I thought "wow, why haven't I thought of this theory before?! OMG!!" But in the morning I couldn't remember anything about this theory. Figures.

The only thing I can remember is that Kylo held and ignited the Darksaber at some point, for some reason. It looked amazing on film.

Oh, wait, it wasn't actually a film. Oh well. Carry on as you were. Laughing
@Darth Dingbat

Who knows maybe it will come true. I'm kinda wish you could still remember the dream, would love to know that kind of shocking theory there's between Luke and Kylo
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum