Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1

Post by Gemini on Fri 06 May 2016, 7:59 am

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Gemini wrote:When he says "they knew who she wasn't " what does that mean fizz?
@Gemini
When I read that I see another subtle Rey Skywalker/Solo debunking. They had yet to fully explore Kira's backstory, but they knew where her origins didn't lie, perhaps because they also made the clear decision to have Jedi Killer play the role of lead Skywalker in the Sequel Trilogy. If JJ's "different take on a love story" remained a core idea from spring to fall of 2013 then it's likely they knew she couldn't be related to Jedi Killer, and by extension Luke, Leia or Han. In fact, I see no reason for Pablo to say that at all unless he was indirectly referring to the known families from the OT. Purely from an objective perspective, I can't say anything else would be "big" enough for them to mutually come to such a conclusion. To me, "they knew who she wasn't" directly = "they knew she was not a Skywalker or Solo", or perhaps even "they knew she was not a legacy child from the OT/PT".

@Mana
I agree, they knew she wasn't a legacy character for a long, long time. Chances are she never was.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Not so sure about the last part..right from the very start of the production, the very first rumours to surface was that they were talking about a Kenobi descendent being in the film and when they were first casting young girls for a part, they told them it was because they would be playing a Kenobi descendent..this was right from day one.


From April 2014


http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/10/star-wars-episode-7-english-actress-maisie-richardson-sellers-to-play-kenobi-descendant-4694817/


ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 40 Maisie_richardson-sellers

That certainly seems to be the rumour floating around the internet today as The Hollywood Reporter pop out another rumour for the mill and suggest that actress Maisie Richardson-Sellers could be about to enter the galaxy far, far away as a descendant of the legendary character Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Richardson-Sellers, a stage actress with no movie credits to her name, has suddenly become a hot property as it seems she is set to become the actress to portray a member of the Kenobi family in the seventh Star Wars film, due for release December 18 2015. With production already underway and principal photography rumoured to start on May 14, the rumour mill is at full tilt, and any news is big news. But who is Maisie Richardson-Sellers, and where did she come from?

From what we know she is Oxford educated and has appeared on stage in For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide, Mephisto and There Will Be Red and here in the UK she is represented by Creative Artists Management. But her movie credentials are zero, so how was she spotted among the throngs of known actresses who would have inevitably applied for the role?

The likelihood is she was found during the infamous open casting calls last year, which saw thousands of budding Jedi and padawans try their luck. Initially shrugged off as a publicity stunt, there’s every chance, given that it’s now thought that J.J. Abrams and company would prefer largely unknown actors, that Richardson-Sellers could have come from there.

Strangely targeting unknown actors is a fairly new tactic for the saga, usually preferring actors with a little more seasoning. The myth that the cast of the original Star Wars were unknowns is just that, a myth. By the time of Star Wars, Harrison Ford had appeared in Francis Ford Coppola’s The Conversation as well as a number of TV guest starring roles and most importantly George Lucas’ second movie American Graffiti which at the time was one of the most profitable films in movie history and still stands high in the rankings on inflation adjusted charts. Carrie Fisher had ensnared Warren Beatty in the hit film Shampoo and was the daughter of Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher, two of the States’ most high-profile celebrities and Mark Hamill had guest starred on TV shows across most of the major American networks. Unknowns they were not.

Similarly the Prequels gave us Ewan McGreggor, already hot property thanks to Shallow Grave and Trainspotting, Natalie Portman, a star from Leon and Mars Attacks! and child star Jake Lloyd who’d acted with Arnold Schwarzenegger in Jingle All The Way. Even Hayden Christensen was already known for his role in Sophia Copola’s The Virgin Suicides.

If this rumour comes to pass it’s yet another exciting element added to the Star Wars snowball that’s fast gathering pace as we approach the start of first unit photography and the official announcement of the cast.


http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-episode-vii-speculation-693268
Star Wars: Episode VII' Speculation Centers on Unknown Oxford Actress
The production is meeting with actors in London as it tries to find its cast before shooting begins in May.
Maisie Richardson-Sellers  Courtesy of CAM
The production is meeting with actors in London as it tries to find its cast before shooting begins in May.

Could an Oxford-educated actress with no movie credits to her name land a key role in Star Wars: Episode VII?


Speculation is swirling like the mists of Dagobah around newcomer Maisie Richardson-Sellers. Several sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that she is in line to nab an undisclosed and possibly major role in the high-profile Disney/Lucasfilm production, which is in the middle of an extended casting search in London in advance of a May production start date.



On April 2, Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn told THR that casting for the film was almost complete and some shooting had taken place.

One of the roles yet to be filled is that of a young black or mixed-race woman who may be a descendent of Jedi Knight Ben Kenobi. In the film, which takes place 30 years after the events of 1983's Star Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, the character would cross paths with the children of Han Solo, Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia. (Original Star Wars stars Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher are expected to reprise their roles, as is Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca.)

Disney declined to comment, and calls to Richardson-Sellers' U.S. manager Lena Roklin were not returned.

Star Wars filmmaker J.J. Abrams and his casting directors have seen hundreds of actors for the coveted lead roles. The operation is taking place under a cloak of secrecy, with actors and their representatives sworn to secrecy. At the same time, certain representatives have taken to quietly promoting around Hollywood their clients' involvement in the casting process, given the extreme level of interest in the project and the belief that the actors who land lead roles will become instant global stars.  

PHOTOS: 35 of 2014's Most Anticipated Movies      

As such, all casting speculation must be taken with a grain of salt, and two sources say Richardson-Sellers has not been offered a role.

But industry buzz has begun to coalesce around the British actress, an Oxford student who has appeared on stage in such plays as For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide, Mephisto and There Will Be Red. The actress is repped by Creative Artists Management in the U.K.

Abrams has shown that he isn't afraid to cast young, up-and-coming talent in films such as Star Trek (he cast a then-obscure Chris Pine as Capt. Kirk) and Super 8 (an unknown cast). Roklin's Luber Roklin management company is known for repping young up-and-comers.



Last edited by Gemini on Fri 06 May 2016, 8:32 am; edited 11 times in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3461
Likes : 13929
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1

Post by Reylo Lemon on Fri 06 May 2016, 7:59 am

@Saracene wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@Saracene wrote:If you remove the OT goggles, and villain goggles, TFA was totally a boy-meets-girl story, probably the oldest story in the world Smile

I only ever heard one couple of podcasters (can't remember who) briefly mention the possibility of romance when they wondered if Kylo and Rey were going to be the next Han and Leia. Even then they were trying to box it into something they already knew from the old trilogy (I suspect the obsession with "trio" comes from the same place).
@Saracene

One Boy meets What Girl. Twisted Evil

@vaderito

In the woods, no less. Can't get more old school than the woods!
@Saracene

Enchanted forest H-beating H-beating H-beating
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2798
Likes : 12466
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1

Post by Guest on Fri 06 May 2016, 8:30 am

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 40 Chewy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1

Post by Guest on Fri 06 May 2016, 8:36 am

@Gemini
Interesting. And Rey/Kira was Asian in concept art. I like Rey Kenobi idea, if they can make it work. I don't know, i'm not objective about this, i love Obi-Wan too much Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1

Post by Gemini on Fri 06 May 2016, 8:37 am

bela.mesecina wrote:@Gemini
Interesting. And Rey/Kira was Asian in concept art. I like Rey Kenobi idea, if they can make it work. I don't know, i'm not objective about this, i love Obi-Wan too much Smile
@bela.mesecina

When they were casting for Rey originally in London, way back when, they didnt have a set race for her...

Interesting how this young mixed race actress had rumours floating around her that she was in the casting process for a Kenobi descendent in the film, there was rumors that she would be playing a character alongside Rey..obviously this is not the case because they never actually cast her alongside Daisy and this idea of another woman being beside daisy wouldnt be added so late into the production. But this actress was part of the very original casting process... something made her get dragged back up in 2014...They probably got a rumour and thought it was for a new character.

Its not like there isnt stuff to back up that the idea for Rey was that she was linked to a legacy character.

I cant find any evidence that the casting process was for a random girl with random origins...it was specifically for a Kenobi descendent it seems...its a very particular character they mention as well...even an obscure one compared to casting for "Lukes daughter"
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3461
Likes : 13929
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Fri 06 May 2016, 9:05 am

@Gemini wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Gemini wrote:When he says "they knew who she wasn't " what does that mean fizz?
@Gemini
When I read that I see another subtle Rey Skywalker/Solo debunking. They had yet to fully explore Kira's backstory, but they knew where her origins didn't lie, perhaps because they also made the clear decision to have Jedi Killer play the role of lead Skywalker in the Sequel Trilogy. If JJ's "different take on a love story" remained a core idea from spring to fall of 2013 then it's likely they knew she couldn't be related to Jedi Killer, and by extension Luke, Leia or Han. In fact, I see no reason for Pablo to say that at all unless he was indirectly referring to the known families from the OT. Purely from an objective perspective, I can't say anything else would be "big" enough for them to mutually come to such a conclusion. To me, "they knew who she wasn't" directly = "they knew she was not a Skywalker or Solo", or perhaps even "they knew she was not a legacy child from the OT/PT".

@Mana
I agree, they knew she wasn't a legacy character for a long, long time. Chances are she never was.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Not so sure about the last part..right from the very start of the production, the very first rumours to surface was that they were talking about a Kenobi descendent being in the film and when they were first casting young girls for a part, they told them it was because they would be playing a Kenobi descendent..this was right from day one.


From April 2014


http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/10/star-wars-episode-7-english-actress-maisie-richardson-sellers-to-play-kenobi-descendant-4694817/


ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 40 Maisie_richardson-sellers

That certainly seems to be the rumour floating around the internet today as The Hollywood Reporter pop out another rumour for the mill and suggest that actress Maisie Richardson-Sellers could be about to enter the galaxy far, far away as a descendant of the legendary character Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Richardson-Sellers, a stage actress with no movie credits to her name, has suddenly become a hot property as it seems she is set to become the actress to portray a member of the Kenobi family in the seventh Star Wars film, due for release December 18 2015. With production already underway and principal photography rumoured to start on May 14, the rumour mill is at full tilt, and any news is big news. But who is Maisie Richardson-Sellers, and where did she come from?

From what we know she is Oxford educated and has appeared on stage in For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide, Mephisto and There Will Be Red and here in the UK she is represented by Creative Artists Management. But her movie credentials are zero, so how was she spotted among the throngs of known actresses who would have inevitably applied for the role?

The likelihood is she was found during the infamous open casting calls last year, which saw thousands of budding Jedi and padawans try their luck. Initially shrugged off as a publicity stunt, there’s every chance, given that it’s now thought that J.J. Abrams and company would prefer largely unknown actors, that Richardson-Sellers could have come from there.

Strangely targeting unknown actors is a fairly new tactic for the saga, usually preferring actors with a little more seasoning. The myth that the cast of the original Star Wars were unknowns is just that, a myth. By the time of Star Wars, Harrison Ford had appeared in Francis Ford Coppola’s The Conversation as well as a number of TV guest starring roles and most importantly George Lucas’ second movie American Graffiti which at the time was one of the most profitable films in movie history and still stands high in the rankings on inflation adjusted charts. Carrie Fisher had ensnared Warren Beatty in the hit film Shampoo and was the daughter of Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher, two of the States’ most high-profile celebrities and Mark Hamill had guest starred on TV shows across most of the major American networks. Unknowns they were not.

Similarly the Prequels gave us Ewan McGreggor, already hot property thanks to Shallow Grave and Trainspotting, Natalie Portman, a star from Leon and Mars Attacks! and child star Jake Lloyd who’d acted with Arnold Schwarzenegger in Jingle All The Way. Even Hayden Christensen was already known for his role in Sophia Copola’s The Virgin Suicides.

If this rumour comes to pass it’s yet another exciting element added to the Star Wars snowball that’s fast gathering pace as we approach the start of first unit photography and the official announcement of the cast.


http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-episode-vii-speculation-693268
Star Wars: Episode VII' Speculation Centers on Unknown Oxford Actress
The production is meeting with actors in London as it tries to find its cast before shooting begins in May.
Maisie Richardson-Sellers  Courtesy of CAM
The production is meeting with actors in London as it tries to find its cast before shooting begins in May.

Could an Oxford-educated actress with no movie credits to her name land a key role in Star Wars: Episode VII?


Speculation is swirling like the mists of Dagobah around newcomer Maisie Richardson-Sellers. Several sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that she is in line to nab an undisclosed and possibly major role in the high-profile Disney/Lucasfilm production, which is in the middle of an extended casting search in London in advance of a May production start date.



On April 2, Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn told THR that casting for the film was almost complete and some shooting had taken place.

One of the roles yet to be filled is that of a young black or mixed-race woman who may be a descendent of Jedi Knight Ben Kenobi. In the film, which takes place 30 years after the events of 1983's Star Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, the character would cross paths with the children of Han Solo, Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia. (Original Star Wars stars Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher are expected to reprise their roles, as is Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca.)

Disney declined to comment, and calls to Richardson-Sellers' U.S. manager Lena Roklin were not returned.

Star Wars filmmaker J.J. Abrams and his casting directors have seen hundreds of actors for the coveted lead roles. The operation is taking place under a cloak of secrecy, with actors and their representatives sworn to secrecy. At the same time, certain representatives have taken to quietly promoting around Hollywood their clients' involvement in the casting process, given the extreme level of interest in the project and the belief that the actors who land lead roles will become instant global stars.  

PHOTOS: 35 of 2014's Most Anticipated Movies      

As such, all casting speculation must be taken with a grain of salt, and two sources say Richardson-Sellers has not been offered a role.

But industry buzz has begun to coalesce around the British actress, an Oxford student who has appeared on stage in such plays as For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide, Mephisto and There Will Be Red. The actress is repped by Creative Artists Management in the U.K.

Abrams has shown that he isn't afraid to cast young, up-and-coming talent in films such as Star Trek (he cast a then-obscure Chris Pine as Capt. Kirk) and Super 8 (an unknown cast). Roklin's Luber Roklin management company is known for repping young up-and-comers.

@Gemini
These rumours were never confirmed. It's not information I would personally bank on because of how old it is. There were also rumours of Luke descendants at that time (which we know were either fake or abandoned). But again, your preference is Kenobi, so it's the same circular debate. I personally believe a great deal was changed between Arndt's original plans and the script JJ and Kasdan ultimately wrote. Arndt had vague concepts, JJ and Kasdan had a story. But we'll see how it plays out.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4612
Likes : 39394
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 25
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1

Post by Gemini on Fri 06 May 2016, 9:09 am

She was from the early casting process.

They thought she was going to be cast alongside Daisy Ridley as a Kenobi character.

We know thats not the case because the film was already in production by this point and from what we see, there was never any intent to have a second female lead. So why and where did this girl get dragged back up?

Why does a very specific young aspiring actress get picked up on in 2014 and people assume she is a Kenobi Descendent..the girl was the same age as Reys character.

It had to stem from something in the original casting process for a young girl lead.

And I've read rumours earlier from this in 2013 etc from the set that there was a Kenobi descendant in the film somewhere.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3461
Likes : 13929
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1

Post by Guest on Fri 06 May 2016, 9:23 am

@Gemini
Maybe it's KMT? I doubt it but it's not impossible...There were also rumors about Gugu Mbatha, and they seemed very possible, even now, it still says at her wikipedia page that she will have a role in ep.VIII but it turned out not to be true..so i wouldn't believe old rumors very much
edit: I just checked, it is removed from wikipedia....see? Just a rumor


Last edited by bela.mesecina on Fri 06 May 2016, 9:26 am; edited 2 times in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1

Post by vaderito on Fri 06 May 2016, 9:23 am

I just know that I keep hearing Kira was originally Asian yet this is the first known crop of actresses who tested for the character based on Arndt script:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 40 NEvmOpvaEdKzyE_1_2
Supposedly lost the part for revealing that audition required to wield a LS

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 40 0b05a6c681e16bc86cdca88dbbfd6ad7

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 40 X_68d58bb1

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 40 Taissa-farmiga-profile

Asian alright.  Rolling Eyes
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10991
Likes : 53329
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1

Post by Gemini on Fri 06 May 2016, 9:23 am

Also I dont take the "they knew who she wasnt" line as solid proof that she's not connected to a legacy character. It doesn't suggest that at all. Hes just saying they knew who she most certainly wasnt by this point...meaning certain characters, most likely Luke, it in no way rules out other characters.

They knew who she was I think right from the start and I think it was either a Random or a Kenobi based on old casting rumours for the young female lead(Kenobi) and new interviews (possible random)

They are the two strongest possibilities I think.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3461
Likes : 13929
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1

Post by Gemini on Fri 06 May 2016, 9:35 am

bela.mesecina wrote:@Gemini
Maybe it's KMT? I doubt it but it's not impossible...There were also rumors about Gugu Mbatha, and they seemed very possible, even now, it still says at her wikipedia page that she will have a role in ep.VIII but it turned out not to be true..so i wouldn't believe old rumors very much
edit: I just checked, it is removed from wikipedia....see? Just a rumor
@bela.mesecina

Old rumours from the earliest stages of production and casting are not to be taken lightly IMO...usually they are pretty close to something, In this case, in its simplist form: the early casting process for the young female lead is tied in with a Kenobi descendent.

I also dont understand whats wrong with her being connected to a legacy character, why is there now a stigma on this board surrounding it?..Kylo Ren is and it hasnt boxed in his character at all, he's still his own character and is connected to Darth Vader

Its also not my preference that she is tied in with Kenobi.. I just think she is based on what the film presented to us and the choices JJ made with scenes and the plot and most specifically what he chose to do with her journey to Luke.

If that stuff wasnt there, I'd think she was a random and be OK with that. Heck I am OK with that if thats who she is and I read the film wrong.


Last edited by Gemini on Fri 06 May 2016, 9:46 am; edited 4 times in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3461
Likes : 13929
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1

Post by Darth Dingbat on Fri 06 May 2016, 9:36 am

It's so hard to say how much of the original ideas survived, as even JJ and Kasdan apparently kept changing things in their script.

The Gugu rumour was another weirdly persistent rumour, by the way, as it later turned out she had never even been considered for a role. I don't know if Maslany had ever really been considered for KMT's role, either. IIRC she was considered for Rogue One at some point?

Interesting that Saoirse Ronan was linked to the Rey/Kira role, as she was also previously supposed to star in Disney's Order of the Seven, to which Arndt was also linked at some point. Remember that one? About a girl who is targeted by an evil stepmother and trained in martial arts by seven rogue warriors, in order to defeat a resurrected ancient evil empress? I wonder some elements of this abandoned Disney film made their way to Star Wars, too...
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4554
Likes : 30457
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1

Post by Guest on Fri 06 May 2016, 9:45 am

bela.mesecina wrote:@Gemini
Maybe it's KMT? I doubt it but it's not impossible...There were also rumors about Gugu Mbatha, and they seemed very possible, even now, it still says at her wikipedia page that she will have a role in ep.VIII but it turned out not to be true..so i wouldn't believe old rumors very much
edit: I just checked, it is removed from wikipedia....see? Just a rumor
@bela.mesecina

If Gugu Mbatha is indeed in VIII, could she be a KoR or something else? Wasn't she rumored to be a new female lead? It could be possible that she was shortlisted for KMT's role, but when the role went to KMT they liked her and gave her another yet smaller role, similar to how Jessica Henwick was shortlisted for Rey before it went to Daisy, but they gave her the role of Jess Pava.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1

Post by Mana on Fri 06 May 2016, 10:01 am

The Gugu Mbatha rumor was fake..apparently she was cast for another sci-fi movie which will be directed by JJ Abrams and the media mistook that to mean she was being considered for a role in Star Wars....
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1464
Likes : 12555
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 28
Localisation : Australia

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Fri 06 May 2016, 10:10 am

@Gemini wrote:
bela.mesecina wrote:@Gemini
Maybe it's KMT? I doubt it but it's not impossible...There were also rumors about Gugu Mbatha, and they seemed very possible, even now, it still says at her wikipedia page that she will have a role in ep.VIII but it turned out not to be true..so i wouldn't believe old rumors very much
edit: I just checked, it is removed from wikipedia....see? Just a rumor
@bela.mesecina

Old rumours from the earliest stages of production and casting are not to be taken lightly IMO...usually they are pretty close to something, In this case, in its simplist form: the early casting process for the young female lead is tied in with a Kenobi descendent.

I also dont understand whats wrong with her being connected to a legacy character, why is there now a stigma on this board surrounding it?..Kylo Ren is and it hasnt boxed in his character at all, he's still his own character and is connected to Darth Vader

Its also not my preference that she is tied in with Kenobi.. I just think she is based on what the film presented to us and the choices JJ made with scenes and the plot and most specifically what he chose to do with her journey to Luke.

If that stuff wasnt there, I'd think she was a random and be OK with that. Heck I am OK with that if thats who she is and I read the film wrong.
@Gemini
After giving it a lot of thought I've come to realize that I would prefer if Rey as a character introduces us to new ideas beyond the relatively small world we've encountered so far in Star Wars. There are bigger things out there than legacy families from the OT, things that could change the way we see the Force or the Jedi or the political galaxy. I would take that over another secret legacy relation reveal (especially to Obi-Wan, a character who canonically never had a child, whose love-interest died, who spent the last years of his life watching over Luke on Tattouine). From that perspective the more I think about Rey being a Kenobi (Obi-Wan's actual grandaugter in particular) the more I find it incredibly unsatisfying. I don't even find it all that poetic. Add that to the fact that Rey's backstory already has to be fundamental to this trilogy it's not hard for me to come to the conclusion that slapping the Kenobi surname on Rey is not worth what it would require in terms of exposition. I know you say it wouldn't be that hard to explain, but I could not disagree more (and I suspect many would say the same, especially now when LucasFilm/Disney are doing everything they can to market Star Wars to a worldwide audience).

Also if you really think about it Rey Kenobi is banking on rumours of an Obi-Wan movie that hasn't been announced yet to flesh out the countless questions that would be posed from the reveal. The same could have been said about Rey Skywalker. A great deal of the "logic" behind that theory was based around Rogue One introducing us to Luke's wife. And yet that didn't happen, and we've since been repeatedly told that the standalone movies are standalone. We'll never need to watch them in order to understand something from a major trilogy, but that's exactly what Rey Kenobi would require.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4612
Likes : 39394
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 25
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1

Post by vaderito on Fri 06 May 2016, 10:14 am

I think that Gugu rumor was planted by LF to throw scoopers off KMT who was cast at exactly the time Gugu rumor resurfaced (mid-late December). They likely planted AD/Nightwing rumor to cover up that he was actually cast in SW.



-------

http://reylo.skyforum.net/viewtopic.forum?t=197
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10991
Likes : 53329
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum