Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16 - Page 23 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 4:40 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:So...spoilers.

On the rumor of Luke not using his green lightsaber in TLJ (per MSW), let's assume that he doesn't fire it up, at least in the first act or two of TLJ (since no one seems to have any spoilers about Act 3).

Whether it's late in TLJ or in IX, I'd think that when we do see Luke ignite the lightsaber, it will be a pivotal moment. If Ben/Kylo stole Luke's lightsaber years ago (as Jason from MSW seems to think), perhaps we even get a pivotal scene before that where Ben/Kylo returns the lightsaber signifying a truce.

That said, who would we expect Luke to be fighting at that point? Snoke?

And assuming that the big Rey/Kylo Luke/MiB fight happens in late Act I or early-mid Act II...  Is that it for lightsaber fights in TLJ? If we got one in Act III, who would it involve?
@ISeeAnIsland

There's the idea that Kylo stole Luke's lightsaber? I like that. Well, we still don't know if BDT is not a force sensitive character. And maybe Snoke has other students who would be eager to show him that they are better than Legacy Boy. All this could have been shot in studios. Difficult to imagine that there is no leak, but then there has been zero leak on BDT. It would be quite a suprise if we end up with a lightsaber battle involving several people when no one expects it. I don't believe in it much, though.

Maybe there will be other types of force moments. If Luke fights Snoke in TLJ, I am afraid his chances of surviving TLJ are a bit slim asuming Snoke is the big villain.
@SanghaRen

So, in their latest NTIP podcast, Jason talked about how he hasn't seen any evidence (yet) that Luke uses his lightsaber in TLJ. He said that in every image he's seen, Luke has a walking stick and/or a small cattle prod-type-thing. (Obviously, Luke could still have the lightsaber stashed away somewhere, and it just hasn't made it into anything that Jason has seen yet.)

He went on to say that he saw some production stills (before any special effects were added) of the Kylo + KoR in the rain scene, where Kylo, he said, is clearly holding the hilt of Luke's green lightsaber. Now, I know that the hilt of Luke's green lightsaber is nearly identical to the hilt of Obi-wan's lightsaber, and I don't want to re-open that can of worms here, but I am reporting what Jason said. The implication being that perhaps, at some point in the past, Kylo + KoR stole (or at least got a hold of) Luke's green lightsaber. Jason said that for all he knew, that part of the storyline may have completely been dropped, since obviously, it didn't make it into TFA at all.

Personally, I'm a bit skeptical of it still being part of the story, given that Pablo has repeatedly said that the KoR in the rain scene is separate from the temple massacre...so if that's the case, why would a post-fall Ben/Kylo be standing there with the KoR holding Luke's green lightsaber hilt?
@ISeeAnIsland

As I understand the confusing vision sequences and all of stuff that has been previously said about them: The scene with KOR in the rain was a part of "the story of the saber" (not Luke's green, but Luke's blue) which was told by Maz. And they ruled out it completely from the final script. What does it all mean in the movie - only J.J. knows.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16 - Page 23 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 4:47 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:

On the rumor of Luke not using his green lightsaber in TLJ (per MSW), let's assume that he doesn't fire it up, at least in the first act or two of TLJ (since no one seems to have any spoilers about Act 3).

Whether it's late in TLJ or in IX, I'd think that when we do see Luke ignite the lightsaber, it will be a pivotal moment. If Ben/Kylo stole Luke's lightsaber years ago (as Jason from MSW seems to think), perhaps we even get a pivotal scene before that where Ben/Kylo returns the lightsaber signifying a truce.

And assuming that the big Rey/Kylo Luke/MiB fight happens in late Act I or early-mid Act II...  Is that it for lightsaber fights in TLJ? If we got one in Act III, who would it involve?
@ISeeAnIsland

There's the idea that Kylo stole Luke's lightsaber? I like that. Well, we still don't know if BDT is not a force sensitive character. And maybe Snoke has other students who would be eager to show him that they are better than Legacy Boy. All this could have been shot in studios. Difficult to imagine that there is no leak, but then there has been zero leak on BDT. It would be quite a suprise if we end up with a lightsaber battle involving several people when no one expects it. I don't believe in it much, though.

Maybe there will be other types of force moments. If Luke fights Snoke in TLJ, I am afraid his chances of surviving TLJ are a bit slim asuming Snoke is the big villain.
@SanghaRen

So, in their latest NTIP podcast, Jason talked about how he hasn't seen any evidence (yet) that Luke uses his lightsaber in TLJ. He said that in every image he's seen, Luke has a walking stick and/or a small cattle prod-type-thing. (Obviously, Luke could still have the lightsaber stashed away somewhere, and it just hasn't made it into anything that Jason has seen yet.)

He went on to say that he saw some production stills (before any special effects were added) of the Kylo + KoR in the rain scene, where Kylo, he said, is clearly holding the hilt of Luke's green lightsaber. Now, I know that the hilt of Luke's green lightsaber is nearly identical to the hilt of Obi-wan's lightsaber, and I don't want to re-open that can of worms here, but I am reporting what Jason said. The implication being that perhaps, at some point in the past, Kylo + KoR stole (or at least got a hold of) Luke's green lightsaber. Jason said that for all he knew, that part of the storyline may have completely been dropped, since obviously, it didn't make it into TFA at all.

Personally, I'm a bit skeptical of it still being part of the story, given that Pablo has repeatedly said that the KoR in the rain scene is separate from the temple massacre...so if that's the case, why would a post-fall Ben/Kylo be standing there with the KoR holding Luke's green lightsaber hilt?
@ISeeAnIsland

As I understand the confusing vision sequences and all of stuff that has been previously said about them: The scene with KOR in the rain was a part of "the story of the saber" (not Luke's green, but Luke's blue) which was told by Maz. And they ruled out it completely from the final script. What does it all mean in the movie - only J.J. knows.
@Darth_Awakened

They sort of jumped around during that part of the discussion. Yes, the context was that it was supposedly the story of the saber (Luke's blue one), but Jason was pretty adamant that the hilt in Kylo's hand was the green saber hilt (which matches up with the shot from the trailer). As we've seen it discussed to death here and seen for ourselves, the Luke-green-hilt and Obi-wan-hilt are very similar--close enough that it would be easy to mistake one for the other. The Anakin/Luke blue hilt looks completely different.

Granted, it could have been a continuity error on JJ's part or something where they accidentally shot the KoR/saber-stealing bit with the wrong saber hilt. But the blue and green saber hilts look significantly different, and the one that Kylo is holding in that shot does not look like the legacy saber.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 4:50 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

@SanghaRen

@ISeeAnIsland

@Darth_Awakened

They sort of jumped around during that part of the discussion. Yes, the context was that it was supposedly the story of the saber (Luke's blue one), but Jason was pretty adamant that the hilt in Kylo's hand was the green saber hilt (which matches up with the shot from the trailer). As we've seen it discussed to death here and seen for ourselves, the Luke-green-hilt and Obi-wan-hilt are very similar--close enough that it would be easy to mistake one for the other. The Anakin/Luke blue hilt looks completely different.

Granted, it could have been a continuity error on JJ's part or something where they accidentally shot the KoR/saber-stealing bit with the wrong saber hilt. But the blue and green saber hilts look significantly different, and the one that Kylo is holding in that shot does not look like the legacy saber.
@ISeeAnIsland

You're right the hilts are completely different.
Why every scene it the damn vision has to be that confusing? lol
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 7:07 pm

The idea of Kylo stealing Luke's saber just does not feel right to me. Luke has a red kyber crystal necklace, which he could make a saber and heal it if he wanted to. Snoke has a black crystal ( kyber ) ring. Kylo already has a crystal in his saber, he can't fight with two sabers... Recovering Anakin's saber if he could is something Kylo would do.

Kylo having Luke's green saber does not ring true, and then... why would he bring it to Ach to so that Luke could use a weapon against he and the KOR?

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 7:57 pm

All of the spoilers about how it was some kind of chase after Luke's old saber sounds so ridiculously dumb. Like based on what's been posted here and elsewhere that I read after seeing TFA, my first thought was Thank God that they scrapped that whole detail. Or whatever happened mid-course to make them decide to change it to chasing after a map when really it's about finding this new Shangri-la location. I mean, a lot of hardcore fans would've lost their damn minds over OMG it's the original saber that he lost when Vader cut his hand off. But that sounds just ridiculous and fan-fictiony.

In terms of a certain space brat stealing it, that does make sense seeing as how they're playing with the Patriarch's legacy and two different descendants who believe that they're carrying it out in very different manners. Ha, there could almost be some unintentional comedy going on with the parent company considering their history with Roy Disney.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 9:42 pm

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:Gosh. I feel like this Chocolate Wedding Cake vs. Not-Chocolate Wedding Cake - in other words, Chocake vs. anti-Chocake - might be the next big rift in this fandom... Razz
@Darth Dingbat

*insert anakin* Well from my point of view, chocolate is good! 

Blame the spoiler drought. Ugh. 

But hey, someone already asked Daisy who would walk Rey down the aisle, maybe they could also ask her what cake flavor Rey would like. Tho she isn't picky, she'll probably go with anything or everything.

@EchoBase
We're debating over cake flavors  What d'you think? Now pick a side

'Anakin, chocolate in a wedding cake is awesome!'

'From my point of view, it's disgusting.'

'THEN YOU ARE LOST!'
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by MelBee on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 9:55 pm

Went to a wedding last night and they had a marble cake (vanilla and chocolate)...so that! Razz
MelBee
MelBee
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 10:21 pm

I was hoping Rey would get her own bad*** double lightsaber but hmm seems like they're sticking to the red and blue for now. If they do go down this grey jedi way, I think one possibility would be that Kylo still keeps his red one but it becomes more stable (if that's even possible). I imagine Rey wanting to give back Anakin's back to him, but a twist would be that he wants her to keep it, which I think is pretty much like him giving her the family heirloom engagement ring =P

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 10:26 pm

Bothan Spy has returned to Reddit, though engaging in speculation not posting spoilers. This one sounds plausible to me b/c I've thought one of the big shockers would be that whatever cause Luke was advanced ended up pushing Ben over into the DS:

I've heard a lot of people speculating that Luke mind wiped Rey and left her on Jakku. I really hope this isn't the major reveal, as it would be too easy and wouldn't payoff with the same gravitas as a parentage reveal. I don't want another parentage reveal, I'm just saying it wouldn't be as impactful. It was already a major arc within the KOTOR video games to the point that the ST would not feel as nuanced in comparison to the other Star Wars storylines, if they go this route.

First of all, she's yelling at the ship to "come back!" She knows her family is in that ship or at least someone she knows is in that ship.

I think it could be more simple, maybe her parents hid her from Luke and the Jedi as they didn't want her to be abducted by the Jedi and Church of the Force. Much later in time, Kylo and the Knights of Ren slaughtered Rey's old tribe (and her parents), while Luke could have stopped them, but didn't. He can't kill his nephew. Kylo knows Luke can't kill him, so Kylo took advantage of that sympathy. I think Luke feels responsible not for Rey's isolation, but for Kylo's fall.

So, what did Luke do to cause Kylo to fall? I think Luke used the darkside on Snoke and Ben, nearly killing both of them. Luke showed Kylo the darkside, not Snoke. That will be the reveal.

So the reveal will be Kylo saying something like, "you never told her who first showed me the power of the darkside."

All I'm saying is that, when a Jedi fails, he or she goes into exile. I think Luke used the darkside on Snoke to the point that Snoke almost died, he may have even choked Ben out at the same time. Luke came to his senses and realized he failed to uphold the moral principles of the Jedi and decided to go into Exile. I think we'll get a bilbo thing going on with Luke, like he may have a really dark moment like the moment when Bilbo asked for the ring back from Frodo.

I don't think Luke is a big failure, nor do I think they'll harp on that failure until the big moment of this reveal. Luke is the one who showed Ben the Darkside, not Snoke.

One caveat, the same poster agreed with the speculation that Luke will adopt Rey as his daughter as a tribute to George Lucas. Which seems to be the latest go around of proving that Reywalker is going to happen despite evidence to the contrary. But I would agree with the Luke theory - it's not out of bounds that the story could be about how he did something with good intentions based on the path he believes he needs to follow because of what happened with his father. But instead unintentionally ended up hurting his nephew and betraying the trust his sister put in him.  

Also cake on the brain, I made a lemon one with matcha tea frosting for a friend's Easter brunch the other week. Not quite as good as the pistachio and lemon curd one, but matcha frosting was outstanding. Best chocolate one I've made recently was with buckwheat flour, ground almonds, and melted chocolate.  Very dense like a good torte. No idea which flavors are DS or the LS. Maybe cupcakes of both if this is a mixed Force Power users event so people can chose based on their affiliation?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 10:41 pm

@snufkin wrote:Bothan Spy has returned to Reddit, though engaging in speculation not posting spoilers. This one sounds plausible to me b/c I've thought one of the big shockers would be that whatever cause Luke was advanced ended up pushing Ben over into the DS:

I've heard a lot of people speculating that Luke mind wiped Rey and left her on Jakku. I really hope this isn't the major reveal, as it would be too easy and wouldn't payoff with the same gravitas as a parentage reveal. I don't want another parentage reveal, I'm just saying it wouldn't be as impactful. It was already a major arc within the KOTOR video games to the point that the ST would not feel as nuanced in comparison to the other Star Wars storylines, if they go this route.

First of all, she's yelling at the ship to "come back!" She knows her family is in that ship or at least someone she knows is in that ship.

I think it could be more simple, maybe her parents hid her from Luke and the Jedi as they didn't want her to be abducted by the Jedi and Church of the Force. Much later in time, Kylo and the Knights of Ren slaughtered Rey's old tribe (and her parents), while Luke could have stopped them, but didn't. He can't kill his nephew. Kylo knows Luke can't kill him, so Kylo took advantage of that sympathy. I think Luke feels responsible not for Rey's isolation, but for Kylo's fall.

So, what did Luke do to cause Kylo to fall? I think Luke used the darkside on Snoke and Ben, nearly killing both of them. Luke showed Kylo the darkside, not Snoke. That will be the reveal.

So the reveal will be Kylo saying something like, "you never told her who first showed me the power of the darkside."

All I'm saying is that, when a Jedi fails, he or she goes into exile. I think Luke used the darkside on Snoke to the point that Snoke almost died, he may have even choked Ben out at the same time. Luke came to his senses and realized he failed to uphold the moral principles of the Jedi and decided to go into Exile. I think we'll get a bilbo thing going on with Luke, like he may have a really dark moment like the moment when Bilbo asked for the ring back from Frodo.

I don't think Luke is a big failure, nor do I think they'll harp on that failure until the big moment of this reveal. Luke is the one who showed Ben the Darkside, not Snoke.

One caveat, the same poster agreed with the speculation that Luke will adopt Rey as his daughter as a tribute to George Lucas. Which seems to be the latest go around of proving that Reywalker is going to happen despite evidence to the contrary. But I would agree with the Luke theory - it's not out of bounds that the story could be about how he did something with good intentions based on the path he believes he needs to follow because of what happened with his father. But instead unintentionally ended up hurting his nephew and betraying the trust his sister put in him.  

Also cake on the brain, I made a lemon one with matcha tea frosting for a friend's Easter brunch the other week. Not quite as good as the pistachio and lemon curd one, but matcha frosting was outstanding. Best chocolate one I've made recently was with buckwheat flour, ground almonds, and melted chocolate.  Very dense like a good torte. No idea which ones are on the DS or the LS, maybe cupcakes mixed and matched if this is a mixed Force Power users event so people can chose based on their affiliation?
@snufkin

Luke being the one to show Ben "the power of the dark side" would certain check all of the Big Twist boxes, as far as Luke being responsible for Ben's fall.

I'm glad that this is speculation; I don't really buy Rey's parents hiding Rey on Jakku, then going back to their normal lives on wherever...to end up getting slaughtered by Kylo and the KoR 8 or 9 years later. And not only because Kylo killing Rey's parents would kill 2-sided Reylo...I just don't think the timeline lines up, unless Rey's parents truly abandoned her there.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 10:52 pm

The whole idea that Luke discovers that he "allowed" the deaths of Rey's parents at Kylo's hand and that's the big twist is odd. Why would Kylo go slaughter her old tribe specifically? That's one tiny galaxy.

Also, he knows he's powerful enough to defeat Snoke but he just flees and lets the galaxy fall to hell? I like the idea of Luke showing Ben the power of the dark side, but this sounds shaky. Also, Luke personally thinking he failed doesn't explain why he thinks the Jedi in general should end. Doesn't add up.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 11:00 pm

@ISeeAnIsland - that'll show me to check first, in the words of Rey, "wrong Bothan Spy." Or many Bothan Spies, that above one being a speculator. However the Bothan Spy has posted recently, though only about sports.

I do think that Luke's role in what happened to his nephew wasn't that he was being a withholding jerk or whatever happened in the PT with the old boy's club not giving grandpa full rights and privileges. That he got sidetracked into some bad stuff thanks to the pressure of being the one to bring it back/celebrity and the unexamined trauma related to their father which is shown from Leia's POV in Bloodline. I'd guess that part of whatever happened for Ben to kill them all is that the other followers turned on him for the Vader reveal the same way Leia had a crowd turn on her. Not that it'll be 100% self-defense on his part. But that ugly mob violence on top of realizing that his family kept the truth from him until it came out in a way that almost destroyed him will cement his feelings of alienation.

I agree that deliberate abandonment and returning home w/out her is not what happened with her parents. They may have been from a group that got targeted by Snoke/the FO as they were gathering and consolidating power from the shadows. Who her parents were and what they were doing have to be interesting and engaging enough that people will want to buy and read those items.  But it's hard picturing how LF could spin collateral books and comics about a couple who abandon their tiny daughter to the Star Wars equivalent of a Dickensian work house the same way they're doing with R1's characters. Speaking of which, it's possible that they might have had some affiliation with the same group Chirrut and Baze belonged to, putting them outside the standard LS | DS partisan position and potential targets for an ancient and ambitious creature like Snoke.

Last edited by snufkin on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 11:02 pm

This Bothan Spy seems to entertain Reywalker at times. The case of the wrong Bothan.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 11:08 pm

@Helix - many Bothans, this one is a decoy! Poor Bothans will never get their own spin-off movie.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 11:13 pm

@Helix wrote:This Bothan Spy seems to entertain Reywalker at times. The case of the wrong Bothan.
@Helix

@snufkin wrote:@Helix - many Bothans, this one is a decoy! Poor Bothans will never get their own spin-off movie.
@snufkin

Yup! Totally different Bothan. (I should have clicked the original link right off the bat.)

Good thing, too, since our friend Bothan-Spy seems more clued in than thebothanspy. Wink
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 11:25 pm

@ISeeAnIsland - unfortunately the Bothan Spy seems to have returned to Reddit only to discuss the NFL. Although wasn't the whole 2nd Death Star and its specs a big decoy to eliminate the Rebels once and for all? Maybe it's a trap!

However the speculation part, I do think that Luke did something more than honoring Leia's decision to not clue her kid into who their biological father was. Also that it was a little bit more than just not allowing him to be the Jedi he should be. Because it's not even clear yet if this is something Ben wanted or if he got sent off not by choice.

Last edited by snufkin on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 11:26 pm

I think the Bothan Spy got a hefty warning.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 11:32 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Helix wrote:This Bothan Spy seems to entertain Reywalker at times. The case of the wrong Bothan.
@Helix

@snufkin wrote:@Helix - many Bothans, this one is a decoy! Poor Bothans will never get their own spin-off movie.
@snufkin

Yup! Totally different Bothan. (I should have clicked the original link right off the bat.)

Good thing, too, since our friend Bothan-Spy seems more clued in than thebothanspy. Wink
@ISeeAnIsland

This is actually a relief. Some of that stuff really did not make sense, so I am very glad that it's not the Bothan of "the exploding hut". :-)
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 11:35 pm

@snufkin wrote:@ISeeAnIsland - unfortunately the Bothan Spy seems to have returned to Reddit only to discuss the NFL. Although wasn't the whole 2nd Death Star and its specs a big decoy to eliminate the Rebels once and for all? Maybe it's a trap!

However the speculation part, I do think that Luke did something more than honoring Leia's decision to not clue her kid into who their biological father was. Also that it was a little bit more than just not allowing him to be the Jedi he should be. Because it's not even clear yet if this is something Ben wanted or if he got sent off not by choice.
@snufkin

@ZioRen wrote:I think the Bothan Spy got a hefty warning.
@ZioRen

I think that Bothan-Spy got the same BIG warning (and around the same time) that Mr. Ghostface got his warning...and around the same time that a few other minor/less established possible sources got warnings.

Re: Ben and Luke... I'd be willing to bet money (or at least a drink) that Ben wasn't sent to Luke by Ben's choice...not with Leia's "I never should have sent him away...that's when I lost you both" line.

ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 11:39 pm

I wish they hadn't. I miss their tidbits. MSW might not have the same stuff as them, at least they were never willing to post it. Doesn't seem like it, though.

Last edited by Helix on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 11:40 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Helix

@snufkin

@ISeeAnIsland

This is actually a relief. Some of that stuff really did not make sense, so I am very glad that it's not the Bothan of "the exploding hut". :-)
@SoloSideCousin

They can pry that "exploding hut" spoiler out of my cold, dead hands!
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 11:46 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Helix

@snufkin

@ISeeAnIsland

@SoloSideCousin

They can pry that "exploding hut" spoiler out of my cold, dead hands!
@ISeeAnIsland

ROTFL!!!!!!!! Me too!! Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 11:52 pm

I remembered the trench explosion and Phasma maybe gets the Skywalker Special spoilers, but not the one about the Hutt Slayer. If I'd remembered that one, would've been easier to immediately debunk.

@ISeeanIsland wrote:
Re: Ben and Luke... I'd be willing to bet money (or at least a drink) that Ben wasn't sent to Luke by Ben's choice...not with Leia's "I never should have sent him away...that's when I lost you both" line.

Agreed. That something "too much Vader" happened which freaked out his parents and Han deferred to Leia's decision to send him away. Which likely hurt Ben a lot. Just curious how they can show any of this in a backstory/vision if Harrison Ford has happily moved on to his tour of old iconic roles to working on Blade Runner (and sorry Ryan Gosling, you may be another one of the Internet's boyfriends, but can't buy you as Deckard world weary material).
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Mon 01 May 2017, 3:45 am

@rey09 wrote:I was hoping Rey would get her own bad*** double lightsaber but hmm seems like they're sticking to the red and blue for now. If they do go down this grey jedi way, I think one possibility would be that Kylo still keeps his red one but it becomes more stable (if that's even possible). I imagine Rey wanting to give back Anakin's back to him, but a twist would be that he wants her to keep it, which I think is pretty much like him giving her the family heirloom engagement ring =P
@rey09

There is no such a thing as "grey jedi way". It's either Jedi or not as Pablo said it. They might have to modify their views but still it will be Jedi way of doing things.

Kylo should stick with his lightsaber for now because it's very valuable in terms of sold toys. I know a lot of people bought it and like it ... it's very popular at conventions. It has that unique look to it, more controversial than double lightsaber introduced by Dart Maul in The Phantom Menace. People were very hyped about it but reserved about crossguard lightsaber. I thought about Kylo sporting Darth Vader's lightsaber but who knows where it is.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Mon 01 May 2017, 4:13 am

Even if it's not THE Bothan, I still like the speculation of Luke going all dark and nearly killing Snoke. I think this is a recurring theory that I personally like.

I don't think Luke showed Ben the dark side though. I think Ben always had this struggle in him and was trying to repress it to be what his family expected him to be. And then here you go, Uncle Luke and his preaching of the light side goes temporarily all dark. Who knows maybe it also coincide somehow with the Vader reveal and other students turning against Ben. And suddenly all these years of fighting off the dark side and living up to expectations of a family that lied to his face and a Galaxy that hates them seem like a waste. Snoke would have it easy then. Just saying "You don't need to repress the Dark Side. Embrace it. The Galaxy needs a strong hand to rule them or it turns into chaos. I will teach you." and gone is Ben with him. What else would he have left anyway?

Luke could still kill Snoke but if he does, he'll become Snoke and might be even worse than Snoke. Ben is gone. He needs to find another solution. Off to the Jedi Temple. It's a lot, and I have no idea about the timing of these 2 events, but you know, the Force can be a b*** and precipitate events. RL does that too.

@snufkin

Don't trust Harrison Ford. He might have still showed up 1 day to shoot one scene. And you can also have Ben looking at whatever and remembering only with voices. Or you could have a scene with young / teenager Ben watching the MF leaving in the sky, Luke in the background and Ben looking teary eyed and whispering "Please, come back. I am sorry. I didn't mean to." A parallel to Rey. For all we know, Rey might have shown a disposition to the Force and her parents left her on Jakku there because they were scared of her. That'd be an interesting parallel.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum