Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by rey09 on Sat 03 Feb 2018, 8:13 pm

@nickandnora wrote:I imagine that he and his co-writer have basically locked themselves in a room and don't plan on coming out until the script is done.
@nickandnora

Somewhere out there, JJ is writing the reylo fan fiction of our dreams!!!
"Ok so we have to put a steamy force bond scenes with lots of eye f******, bad*** fight scene laced with SO MUCH sexual tension, an almost kiss scene, KISS #1, ben saves the day moment, KISS #2, reylo BABIES, ben and rey fly off into the binary sunset on the falcon...and then we pepper in some galactic war stuff."

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2061
Likes : 9560
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by DeeBee on Sat 03 Feb 2018, 8:28 pm

@MyOnlyHope wrote:Interesting that Lawrence Kasdan admitting to having some knowledge of the full arc of the ST back in 2016. He said he felt involved with steering the story. Well we all know now that he was the one who came up with the idea of the force connection between Rey and Ren in the interrogation scene. Also he was describing the energy between them as sexual/romantic way back in 2013 (the story group didn't say the words outright, but we all know what they were talking about). There are honestly lots of gems in old interviews. I'll keep looking around.

Q: The Star Wars movies that you had your hands on seem to have more emotional depth and they really resonate. We’ve all watched them thousands of times and it seems like Han Solo really shines in the ones that you’ve got your hands on.

Lawrence Kasdan: Well, I love Han.

Q: Is he what brings you back?

Lawrence Kasdan: Well, yeah. I was originally going to just write Han, but I had contracted to be in the story group on Episode 7, which became “The Force Awakens.” And then there were problems. A wonderful writer, Michael Arndt, just couldn’t do the time pressure, and people were being hired in England and it was enormous pressure and he stepped away. We stayed in contact and he’s a lovely man, then J.J. [Abrams] and I took over, and now I found myself instead just doing Han and consulting on “Force Awakens,” we were actually writing Episode 7 together and it happened very fast.

Q: Are you aware of the complete story arc of the new trilogy? Are you involved with that too?

Lawrence Kasdan: (Laughs) I have a little information!


Q: Are you helping steer that story?

Lawrence Kasdan: [Star Wars Episode 8 Director] Rian [Johnson] is a friend of mine. I’m getting to know Colin Trevorrow, who is going to direct Episode 9, so I feel very involved with it.

http://www.scified.com/news/lawrence-kasdan-talks-han-solo-a-star-wars-story
@MyOnlyHope

Thanks for sharing this MyOnlyHope!
So interesting! I really don't know why they keep going on about how each episode's director has oh so much freedom. like there is no overall story. Aie.

Anyway - I had a question regarding the bolded. What did Lawrence Kasdan say about the force bond and the interrogation scene in TFA?
Can someone direct me to where I could find that?

I'm currently thinking they were connected from before they'd even met, but the force bond is an additional level of connection that was not established by Snoke till after she defeats Kylo on starkiller.. I don't equate their TFA connection with the force bond. The force bond is a whole new level of connection (that not even Luke and Leia had shared). I'd be totally open to seeing this anew. I love the idea of the bond forming during the interrogation rather than due to Snoke. But I don't currently see that. lol I won't go off on a FB ramble.. wrong thread I guess..

Gems in the old interviews MyOnlyHope? Oh yes please share them with us~!! I was watching a den of nerds yt vid yesterday on reylo babies, and he said before TFA came out LF was much less focused, disciplined and practiced in what was said to the media.. so stuff got out Smile sounds like you are finding the same thing!

Thanks for sharing!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1472
Likes : 4516
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by Kylo Rey on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 6:50 pm

 You’ve had great success rebooting things like Star Wars and Star Trek. If a studio gave you carte blanche to restart anything you wanted, does something spring to mind?

I’m saying this being as grateful as I’ve ever been to be involved in Episode 9 and I couldn’t be more excited about what we’re doing. But having worked in this reboot world for a while, with Mission Impossible, Star Trek and Star Wars, I’ve written some things in the last year or so - one of them is a show that we just set up with HBO [Demimonde] and there’s something else - and these were original storylines, things I was really excited about getting to, because I felt like I was looking to not reboot anything. I feel like if I could do anything it probably wouldn’t be (to want) to reboot something.

Are you looking forward to getting back into the Star Wars hotseat?

Yeah. Very much, I’m actually going to leave this room and go there right now (laughs)

Do you think it’ll be vastly different to The Force Awakens and what you did there?

I can’t wait for you to see what we’re doing. I can’t wait.

http://www.gamesradar.com/j-j-abrams-interview-the-cloverfield-paradox-star-wars-overlord/?utm_content=buffer76b0b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer_sfxtw

And so it begins! What are you planning JJ....
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1696
Likes : 13573
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-24
Age : 24
Localisation : England

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by lauvamp on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 7:07 pm

JJ.....YOU'LL FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED.

please, por favor, お願いします, s'il vous plaît
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 360
Likes : 1797
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-18
Localisation : Barcelona, SPAIN

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by rey09 on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 8:15 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:
 You’ve had great success rebooting things like Star Wars and Star Trek. If a studio gave you carte blanche to restart anything you wanted, does something spring to mind?

I’m saying this being as grateful as I’ve ever been to be involved in Episode 9 and I couldn’t be more excited about what we’re doing. But having worked in this reboot world for a while, with Mission Impossible, Star Trek and Star Wars, I’ve written some things in the last year or so - one of them is a show that we just set up with HBO [Demimonde] and there’s something else - and these were original storylines, things I was really excited about getting to, because I felt like I was looking to not reboot anything. I feel like if I could do anything it probably wouldn’t be (to want) to reboot something.

Are you looking forward to getting back into the Star Wars hotseat?

Yeah. Very much, I’m actually going to leave this room and go there right now (laughs)

Do you think it’ll be vastly different to The Force Awakens and what you did there?

I can’t wait for you to see what we’re doing. I can’t wait.

http://www.gamesradar.com/j-j-abrams-interview-the-cloverfield-paradox-star-wars-overlord/?utm_content=buffer76b0b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer_sfxtw

And so it begins! What are you planning JJ....
@Kylo Rey

F***!!!! I'M SO EXCITED AHHH!!!!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2061
Likes : 9560
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by tukicarreno on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 9:38 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:
 You’ve had great success rebooting things like Star Wars and Star Trek. If a studio gave you carte blanche to restart anything you wanted, does something spring to mind?

I’m saying this being as grateful as I’ve ever been to be involved in Episode 9 and I couldn’t be more excited about what we’re doing. But having worked in this reboot world for a while, with Mission Impossible, Star Trek and Star Wars, I’ve written some things in the last year or so - one of them is a show that we just set up with HBO [Demimonde] and there’s something else - and these were original storylines, things I was really excited about getting to, because I felt like I was looking to not reboot anything. I feel like if I could do anything it probably wouldn’t be (to want) to reboot something.

Are you looking forward to getting back into the Star Wars hotseat?

Yeah. Very much, I’m actually going to leave this room and go there right now (laughs)

Do you think it’ll be vastly different to The Force Awakens and what you did there?

I can’t wait for you to see what we’re doing. I can’t wait.

http://www.gamesradar.com/j-j-abrams-interview-the-cloverfield-paradox-star-wars-overlord/?utm_content=buffer76b0b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer_sfxtw

And so it begins! What are you planning JJ....
@Kylo Rey

Ahhh! This sounds good! Praying for the best for Reylo! Maybe JJ will give us the Reylo babies too! lol. If only! Very Happy Wink I love you
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 866
Likes : 3636
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by cherrylipstick on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 1:25 am

I'm already excited!
I can't wait to see what you have in mind JJ... make us happy!! Claps
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick
Moderator

Messages : 528
Likes : 2804
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-11
Age : 35
Localisation : Kylo's room

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by Teo oswald on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 3:36 am

Oh JJ you will finish what you started and you will come down like the holy spirit

my body is READY since I left the cinema cheers cheers
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1027
Likes : 4466
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-12
Age : 29
Localisation : Italy - Trentino Alto-Adige

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 1:21 pm

You know, at this point, anything can happen. Two of my favorite JJ shows, Alias and Fringe both ended with the couple married with children. A happy ending anyway is what I will take.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 260
Likes : 1233
Date d'inscription : 2017-07-15

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by SoloSideCousin on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 1:32 pm

@bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:You know, at this point, anything can happen. Two of my favorite JJ shows, Alias and Fringe both ended with the couple married with children. A happy ending anyway is what I will take.
@bashfulblueeyes3

I didn't know that! That's awesome! Very Happy

In the end, I think JJ is very much a traditional family man. He and his wife have been together for a long time. He is very involved with his kids. He even takes them to temple. He's probably the head of the Parent/Teacher organization at their school, lol. (I don't really know that about the PTA, but who knows? Lol!).

And considering a lot of people think JJ sees Kylo/Ben as a kind of dark side of himself, I think he would be quite happy to have Ben end up as a family man. :-)
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4750
Likes : 23021
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by rey09 on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 2:06 pm

@bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:You know, at this point, anything can happen. Two of my favorite JJ shows, Alias and Fringe both ended with the couple married with children. A happy ending anyway is what I will take.
@bashfulblueeyes3

We also cannot forget Felicityyy. Felicity and Ben were huge, and they had so many crazy obstacles yet still couldn't let go of each other. Hell she cheated on him, leading him to sleep with another woman and get her pregnant rofl, but they were still endgame!!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2061
Likes : 9560
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by snufkin on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 2:10 pm

Just gonna put this here, but in regards to anybody who's either fretting over the Force Bond or claiming it's done and over, have you watched Fringe? Because there's a fair amount of lucid dreaming/alternative timelines for the heroine, including this episode JJ wrote about her going back to a point in time with her former partner/lover who betrayed her

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8639
Likes : 40482
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by thescavenger on Mon 12 Feb 2018, 9:04 am

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:You know, at this point, anything can happen. Two of my favorite JJ shows, Alias and Fringe both ended with the couple married with children.  A happy ending anyway is what I will take.  
@bashfulblueeyes3

I didn't know that! That's awesome! Very Happy

In the end, I think JJ is very much a traditional family man. He and his wife have been together for a long time. He is very involved with his kids. He even takes them to temple. He's probably the head of the Parent/Teacher organization at their school, lol. (I don't really know that about the PTA, but who knows? Lol!).

And considering a lot of people think JJ sees Kylo/Ben as a kind of dark side of himself, I think he would be quite happy to have Ben end up as a family man. :-)
@SoloSideCousin

Sorry this is a bit random and off track, but this made me laugh because I was just watching the Cinematic Journey of TFA, and JJ said that a few days before the first day of shooting in Abu Dhabi, he had to go on a parents' weekend school trip for his son in Hawaii and basically rushed to set. Definitely a family man.
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 251
Likes : 1468
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Mon 12 Feb 2018, 10:49 am

This one is my favorite ending of one of JJ's shows.
Alias:  The beach, the husband and the children.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA0Mx9lo0Xg

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 260
Likes : 1233
Date d'inscription : 2017-07-15

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by IoJovi on Mon 12 Feb 2018, 10:58 am

@bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:This one is my favorite ending of one of JJ's shows.
Alias:  The beach, the husband and the children.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA0Mx9lo0Xg
@bashfulblueeyes3

This is basically my DREAM ENDING for the ST.  Please JJ make this happen!!!  He proves right here he's capable of doing it.  Let's do it again!!!  cheers
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7289
Likes : 41510
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 104
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by vaderito on Mon 12 Feb 2018, 11:11 am

@snufkin wrote:Just gonna put this here, but in regards to anybody who's either fretting over the Force Bond or claiming it's done and over, have you watched Fringe? Because there's a fair amount of lucid dreaming/alternative timelines for the heroine, including this episode JJ wrote about her going back to a point in time with her former partner/lover who betrayed her

@snufkin

I've heard great things about this show and I really tried but Rupert Murdoch's niece is such a frozen tilapia I just couldn't continue. Later I found out that other fans were put off by her complete lack of warmth and abandoned the show.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 11004
Likes : 53377
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by rey09 on Mon 12 Feb 2018, 12:02 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:This one is my favorite ending of one of JJ's shows.
Alias:  The beach, the husband and the children.

@IoJovi wrote:
@bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:This one is my favorite ending of one of JJ's shows.
Alias:  The beach, the husband and the children.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA0Mx9lo0Xg
@bashfulblueeyes3

This is basically my DREAM ENDING for the ST.  Please JJ make this happen!!!  He proves right here he's capable of doing it.  Let's do it again!!!  cheers
@IoJovi

omgg yess. I just recently watched Arrival and I loved the scenes with Amy Adams and the daughter playing around- it was so poignant. Since then I have this headcanon that Ben and Rey are playing and laughing with their kids and Ben kisses and teases them and Rey smiles up at him loll <3 ALSO they named their son after Sydney's father (who she had issues with but he made the ultimate sacrifice I was reading) which is very much in line that I want them to have a son named Han lol !!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2061
Likes : 9560
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by Kylo Rey on Mon 12 Feb 2018, 1:16 pm

Speaking of finding gems in old interviews, from Dec 2015:

Peter: So when J.J. is doing Force Awakens, did he also work on a treatment for the other films in this sequel trilogy?

Kathleen Kennedy: No, because at that point we were sitting down and talking about where this might go, even as early on as with Michael Arndt. We were sort of plotting out, because obviously if you know up front that you’re building the pacing inside a trilogy structure, we needed to have some sense of where this saga was going without locking in on things and leaving room for creative development. But we had to have some sense of where we were going.

Peter: Okay. You mentioned Rian Johnson with Episode VIII, when Episode VII is being shot does Rian come in and read the script and give notes.

Kathleen Kennedy: Yup.

Peter: … and maybe suggest plot points in VII to seed things for VIII?

Kathleen Kennedy: Yes. We talked a little bit about that, but we didn’t end up doing a great deal of that — but we did talk about that. And Rian did come in very early and he read, and came and visited the set. J.J. and him had a lot of conversations."

http://www.slashfilm.com/kathleen-kennedy-interview/2/

The fascinating thing is that Rian was trying to figure out how to put the force bond scenes together and visualise them with his crew as early as July 2014, while JJ was filming TFA. To put this into perspective, the Reylo duel in the forest hadn't even been shot yet (that was later in August 2014). We've discussed loads of times before how JJ planted the seeds for Rian and he took them and developed them further but it's also possible that Rian's script may have influenced or informed what JJ was doing on TFA in some way shape or form.

December 2017 interview with Adam Driver that I don't think I've seen posted:

Interviewer: Adam you've said that you enjoy being surprised by where they take your character in these movies, and you've learned not to invest too much into thinking about how you'd like the character or the track to develop. Were you surprised by Rian's journey for Kylo Ren in The Last Jedi?

Adam: Completely, yes. Completely surprised.

Interviewer: But you must have some idea of the arc, what they want to do with him in Episode 9?

Adam: Sure I have a general sense about it.
There were things that we were playing in Force Awakens that I knew would come out later, and I didn't know when they would come out. And some things I knew were just working that we were keeping it in mind as we did this scene knowing that this would be answered later. But I didn't know how it would get there.

Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1696
Likes : 13573
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-24
Age : 24
Localisation : England

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by snufkin on Mon 12 Feb 2018, 2:07 pm

@vaderito YMMV - I'd still take her any day over Jennifer Garner and her good girl schtick. The point's more he's written these type of stories before where characters have a deep seated psychic connection that's tied up with their romantic/sexual feelings for each other. Same way there was Rian's old Vimeo reel about a short film he did of a young woman who was able to enter the dreams of a young man she'd never met before.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8639
Likes : 40482
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by vaderito on Mon 12 Feb 2018, 3:57 pm

@snufkin wrote:@vaderito YMMV - I'd still take her any day over Jennifer Garner and her good girl schtick. The point's more he's written these type of stories before where characters have a deep seated psychic connection that's tied up with their romantic/sexual feelings for each other. Same way there was Rian's old Vimeo reel about a short film he did of a young woman who was able to enter the dreams of a young man she'd never met before.
@snufkin

I like Jennifer, she was super watchable in Alias. Unlike the block of frozen wood. lol!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 11004
Likes : 53377
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by californiagirl on Mon 12 Feb 2018, 10:49 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:Speaking of finding gems in old interviews, from Dec 2015:

Peter: So when J.J. is doing Force Awakens, did he also work on a treatment for the other films in this sequel trilogy?

Kathleen Kennedy: No, because at that point we were sitting down and talking about where this might go, even as early on as with Michael Arndt. We were sort of plotting out, because obviously if you know up front that you’re building the pacing inside a trilogy structure, we needed to have some sense of where this saga was going without locking in on things and leaving room for creative development. But we had to have some sense of where we were going.

Peter: Okay. You mentioned Rian Johnson with Episode VIII, when Episode VII is being shot does Rian come in and read the script and give notes.

Kathleen Kennedy: Yup.

Peter: … and maybe suggest plot points in VII to seed things for VIII?

Kathleen Kennedy: Yes. We talked a little bit about that, but we didn’t end up doing a great deal of that — but we did talk about that. And Rian did come in very early and he read, and came and visited the set. J.J. and him had a lot of conversations."

http://www.slashfilm.com/kathleen-kennedy-interview/2/

The fascinating thing is that Rian was trying to figure out how to put the force bond scenes together and visualise them with his crew as early as July 2014, while JJ was filming TFA. To put this into perspective, the Reylo duel in the forest hadn't even been shot yet (that was later in August 2014). We've discussed loads of times before how JJ planted the seeds for Rian and he took them and developed them further but it's also possible that Rian's script may have influenced or informed what JJ was doing on TFA in some way shape or form.

December 2017 interview with Adam Driver that I don't think I've seen posted:

Interviewer: Adam you've said that you enjoy being surprised by where they take your character in these movies, and you've learned not to invest too much into thinking about how you'd like the character or the track to develop. Were you surprised by Rian's journey for Kylo Ren in The Last Jedi?

Adam: Completely, yes. Completely surprised.

Interviewer: But you must have some idea of the arc, what they want to do with him in Episode 9?

Adam: Sure I have a general sense about it.
There were things that we were playing in Force Awakens that I knew would come out later, and I didn't know when they would come out. And some things I knew were just working that we were keeping it in mind as we did this scene knowing that this would be answered later. But I didn't know how it would get there.

@Kylo Rey

I sometimes wonder why things like this don't get more notice from SW fans who otherwise obsess over everything else. I also saw in that first article:
Peter: Is J.J. Abrams involved in the theme park stuff, because it seems like from some of the concept art, they are using some designs from his movie?

Kathleen Kennedy: Not really involved, but obviously we’ve made the concept art available to him to look through and comment on, but he hasn’t really been that involved. His involvement on VIII and IX will really just be an executive producer, and really just to continue the storytelling. But he really doesn’t get involved in anything to do with the theme parks.

TFA had just come out, TLJ hadn't filmed yet, we are years later and IX is still being written, and they knew that JJ was going to be executive producer on IX too? Continue the storytelling? He didn't spend a year in development with LF doing TFA for nothing! Die plotgate die! Very Happy
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2625
Likes : 13413
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 12 Feb 2018, 11:00 pm

@californiagirl wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:Speaking of finding gems in old interviews, from Dec 2015:

Peter: So when J.J. is doing Force Awakens, did he also work on a treatment for the other films in this sequel trilogy?

Kathleen Kennedy: No, because at that point we were sitting down and talking about where this might go, even as early on as with Michael Arndt. We were sort of plotting out, because obviously if you know up front that you’re building the pacing inside a trilogy structure, we needed to have some sense of where this saga was going without locking in on things and leaving room for creative development. But we had to have some sense of where we were going.

Peter: Okay. You mentioned Rian Johnson with Episode VIII, when Episode VII is being shot does Rian come in and read the script and give notes.

Kathleen Kennedy: Yup.

Peter: … and maybe suggest plot points in VII to seed things for VIII?

Kathleen Kennedy: Yes. We talked a little bit about that, but we didn’t end up doing a great deal of that — but we did talk about that. And Rian did come in very early and he read, and came and visited the set. J.J. and him had a lot of conversations."

http://www.slashfilm.com/kathleen-kennedy-interview/2/

The fascinating thing is that Rian was trying to figure out how to put the force bond scenes together and visualise them with his crew as early as July 2014, while JJ was filming TFA. To put this into perspective, the Reylo duel in the forest hadn't even been shot yet (that was later in August 2014). We've discussed loads of times before how JJ planted the seeds for Rian and he took them and developed them further but it's also possible that Rian's script may have influenced or informed what JJ was doing on TFA in some way shape or form.

December 2017 interview with Adam Driver that I don't think I've seen posted:

Interviewer: Adam you've said that you enjoy being surprised by where they take your character in these movies, and you've learned not to invest too much into thinking about how you'd like the character or the track to develop. Were you surprised by Rian's journey for Kylo Ren in The Last Jedi?

Adam: Completely, yes. Completely surprised.

Interviewer: But you must have some idea of the arc, what they want to do with him in Episode 9?

Adam: Sure I have a general sense about it.
There were things that we were playing in Force Awakens that I knew would come out later, and I didn't know when they would come out. And some things I knew were just working that we were keeping it in mind as we did this scene knowing that this would be answered later. But I didn't know how it would get there.

@Kylo Rey

I sometimes wonder why things like this don't get more notice from SW fans who otherwise obsess over everything else. I also saw in that first article:
Peter: Is J.J. Abrams involved in the theme park stuff, because it seems like from some of the concept art, they are using some designs from his movie?

Kathleen Kennedy: Not really involved, but obviously we’ve made the concept art available to him to look through and comment on, but he hasn’t really been that involved. His involvement on VIII and IX will really just be an executive producer, and really just to continue the storytelling. But he really doesn’t get involved in anything to do with the theme parks.

TFA had just come out, TLJ hadn't filmed yet, we are years later and IX is still being written, and they knew that JJ was going to be executive producer on IX too? Continue the storytelling? He didn't spend a year in development with LF doing TFA for nothing! Die plotgate die! Very Happy
@californiagirl

Thank you both for bringing over these articles and videos. I have seen the Adam one, yet it has received almost no attention, but I missed the other two. Evidence like this invaluable when that Plotgate nonsense comes up. Plotgate die indeed!
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4750
Likes : 23021
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by SheLitAFire on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 4:11 pm

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!! - Page 13 Screen44
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2170
Likes : 8474
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-15
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by californiagirl on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 9:44 pm

So first it was "yay, JJ Abrams will direct Episode VII"! Then it came out and it was "JJ only does rehashes, he is a bad director, we don't like him anymore." Then it was "Rian Johnson ruined SW and ignored the entirety of TFA, now JJ will come back and save the franchise." Now he's getting flack again because he turns sci-fi movies that were not filmed as Cloverfield movies into Cloverfield movies, re: the recent Cloverfield Paradox. I want the new Solo movie to be good and do well, but a little bit of me hopes people will complain about it so that they get excited for JJ and Episode IX again.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2625
Likes : 13413
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 12:10 pm

I don't think you have to worry about people complaining about the Solo film. No matter how good it is, there is someone in the Star Wars fandom who will complain about something.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 260
Likes : 1233
Date d'inscription : 2017-07-15

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum