Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for Episode 9

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Sun 24 Dec 2017, 9:24 pm

@shii405 wrote:So, without Carrie's presence and Mark will most likely only make a guest appearance just like the other potentially appearing Force ghosts... Does this mean Adam will get the top billing for IX? Like,

Adam Driver
Daisy Ridley
John Boyega
Oscar Isaac

...in the credits? And if so, will Adam be the lead actor for IX (and Daisy as lead actress, ofc) or he will stay in the "supporting actor" category?

I still don't understand why Adam is above Daisy in the credits, but Daisy is the lead while he is the supporting actor in TLJ. I get the veteran level, but then what do we say about Oscar Isaac's order? Confusing.
@shii405

It's simply because Adam is their lead actor, even though Daisy is the protagonist. I guess it"s similar to how Keira Knightley's Elizabeth Swan being the protagonist of Pirates, but Johnny Depp is their lead and top billed actor. Adam and Daisy are leads, while Oscar is a supporting actor.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1557
Likes : 10629
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 26
Localisation : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by shii405 on Sun 24 Dec 2017, 9:51 pm

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@shii405 wrote:So, without Carrie's presence and Mark will most likely only make a guest appearance just like the other potentially appearing Force ghosts... Does this mean Adam will get the top billing for IX? Like,

Adam Driver
Daisy Ridley
John Boyega
Oscar Isaac

...in the credits? And if so, will Adam be the lead actor for IX (and Daisy as lead actress, ofc) or he will stay in the "supporting actor" category?

I still don't understand why Adam is above Daisy in the credits, but Daisy is the lead while he is the supporting actor in TLJ. I get the veteran level, but then what do we say about Oscar Isaac's order? Confusing.
@shii405

It's simply because Adam is their lead actor, even though Daisy is the protagonist. I guess it"s similar to how Keira Knightley's Elizabeth Swan being the protagonist of Pirates, but Johnny Depp is their lead and top billed actor. Adam and Daisy are leads, while Oscar is a supporting actor.
@Rei of Sunshine

Oh? I thought LF placed Mark in the "Lead Actor" and Adam in the "Supporting Actor" for the Oscar nominee consideration?
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 472
Likes : 3156
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-23
Localisation : Tokyo

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Sun 24 Dec 2017, 11:07 pm

@shii405 wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@shii405 wrote:So, without Carrie's presence and Mark will most likely only make a guest appearance just like the other potentially appearing Force ghosts... Does this mean Adam will get the top billing for IX? Like,

Adam Driver
Daisy Ridley
John Boyega
Oscar Isaac

...in the credits? And if so, will Adam be the lead actor for IX (and Daisy as lead actress, ofc) or he will stay in the "supporting actor" category?

I still don't understand why Adam is above Daisy in the credits, but Daisy is the lead while he is the supporting actor in TLJ. I get the veteran level, but then what do we say about Oscar Isaac's order? Confusing.
@shii405

It's simply because Adam is their lead actor, even though Daisy is the protagonist. I guess it"s similar to how Keira Knightley's Elizabeth Swan being the protagonist of Pirates, but Johnny Depp is their lead and top billed actor. Adam and Daisy are leads, while Oscar is a supporting actor.
@Rei of Sunshine

Oh? I thought LF placed Mark in the "Lead Actor" and Adam in the "Supporting Actor" for the Oscar nominee consideration?
@shii405

I though you were talking about Ep 9?

Technicalities aside, Mark gets top billing for TLJ just like HF got it for TFA. It's the veteran card despite obviously being supporting characters to the main protags. Without the OT 3, Adam takes top spot due to casting importance probably.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1557
Likes : 10629
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 26
Localisation : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by shii405 on Sun 24 Dec 2017, 11:39 pm

So, Adam and Daisy are technically the double leads of the new trilogy cast, but only specially for Oscar consideration he has to be downgraded to supporting actor category to respect the OT3? (I'm not complaining or anything, I am just curious and interested abt how this stuff works in Hollywood.)
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 472
Likes : 3156
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-23
Localisation : Tokyo

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Irina de France on Sun 24 Dec 2017, 11:56 pm

@shii405 wrote:So, Adam and Daisy are technically the double leads of the new trilogy cast, but only specially for Oscar consideration he has to be downgraded to supporting actor category to respect the OT3? (I'm not complaining or anything, I am just curious and interested abt how this stuff works in Hollywood.)
@shii405

Pretty much, yeah. And there's also the fact that for sci-fi films, your best bet is to run for Best Supporting Actor, and TLJ's best bet for any nomination for acting is Adam Driver. Mark Hamill is running for Best Actor because the Academy tends to always reward old veteran actors for that category (while Best Actress often goes to the up-and-coming ingenue).

*If* IX ran for any nominations in acting categories, though, since the OT3 probably won't be around (except maybe Force Ghost Luke, but it wouldn't be reasonable to have Mark running for Best Actor this time), they wouldn't have a choice but to put Adam in Best Actor categories. Even though he wouldn't have as many chances as in Best Supporting Actor.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1949
Likes : 9614
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-22
Age : 24
Localisation : Ottawa, Canada

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by shii405 on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 12:38 am

Ahhh I see, okay all clear now, thank you @Rei of Sunshine and @Irina de France !!
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 472
Likes : 3156
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-23
Localisation : Tokyo

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by DarthRen on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 3:55 am

@MeadowofAshes wrote:@IoJovi The sun was reborn in TFA. End of. If Kylo Ren literally dies, Ben Solo will literally be reborn. In addition, the reverse of Anakin's tragedy is Ben Solo getting to raise a family with the woman he loves. This is, incidentally, one of the reasons I'm banking on at least marriage and quite probably family (or pregnancy) seen at the end of IX. Ben and Rey get to wrap up the Skywalker saga by fully lifting the curse.
@MeadowofAshes

Yeah, I think wedding, kiss will happen. Not sure about the kids tho, that could be saved for the new trilogy or novels. Like not revealing everything because I think this can raise up the hype that Skywalker bloodline still continues even if not in the name.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2104
Likes : 6266
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 30
Localisation : GE Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by shii405 on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 4:02 am

@DarthRen wrote:
@MeadowofAshes wrote:@IoJovi The sun was reborn in TFA. End of. If Kylo Ren literally dies, Ben Solo will literally be reborn. In addition, the reverse of Anakin's tragedy is Ben Solo getting to raise a family with the woman he loves. This is, incidentally, one of the reasons I'm banking on at least marriage and quite probably family (or pregnancy) seen at the end of IX. Ben and Rey get to wrap up the Skywalker saga by fully lifting the curse.
@MeadowofAshes

Yeah, I think wedding, kiss will happen. Not sure about the kids tho, that could be saved for the new trilogy or novels. Like not revealing everything because I think this can raise up the hype that Skywalker bloodline still continues even if not in the name.
@DarthRen

Although, I don't think as far as wedding (too fairytale, maybe?) would happen, but now you guys mention it, it will be interesting to see a wedding ceremony according to the Jedi "religion" lol. JJ can create something up, create a new Jedi culture. For funeral, since Luke burned Vader's body (and I think Qui Gon Jinn's body was also burned?), that follows Buddhist funeral. Two Jedi/Force-user wedding ceremony should be interesting.
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 472
Likes : 3156
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-23
Localisation : Tokyo

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by reylo1992 on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 4:11 am

@shii405 wrote:So, without Carrie's presence and Mark will most likely only make a guest appearance just like the other potentially appearing Force ghosts... Does this mean Adam will get the top billing for IX? Like,

Adam Driver
Daisy Ridley
John Boyega
Oscar Isaac

...in the credits? And if so, will Adam be the lead actor for IX (and Daisy as lead actress, ofc) or he will stay in the "supporting actor" category?

I still don't understand why Adam is above Daisy in the credits, but Daisy is the lead while he is the supporting actor in TLJ. I get the veteran level, but then what do we say about Oscar Isaac's order? Confusing.
@shii405

I was thinking about that too a few days ago.I realized that with all veteran gone, both Adam and Daisy could get top billing for Episode IX and Mark having the same "rank" as Alec Guiness if he comes back as a ghost. In TFA, it was normal that Harrison, Carrie and Mark should get the top billing no matter their amount of screen time.

But with both Harrison and Carrie definitely gone, it would be a nice progression, showing that the old generation let the floor to the young one. And we never know what will happen in the next months regarding nominations and award. I think Adam is the one who has the highest chance to get a nomination and an oscar among the cast. If he gets the nomination - and why not the oscar - he is logically the one who should get top billing after that.

I know Lupita Nyong'o won best supportive actress so I guess she is the only one among the whole SW cast who got one, right? But gosh it would be awesome if one would get a nomination and an oscar for a Star Wars role. It would have been unthinkable in the previous trilogies but really I find that acting is particularly good in the ST.

I don't think it's bad that Adam runs for best supporting actor because Mark l already had a higher rank than him in TFA although he barely had 30 seconds screen time. Since Mark is a veteran, had a lot of screen time and TLJ focused a lot on Luke, I find it pretty normal that he would run for the leading role. As for Daisy, I find normal that she would run for the leading role because she is the heroine. Carrie is gone anyway and Leia wasn't the focus of TLJ.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1721
Likes : 7034
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-22

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by shii405 on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 4:24 am

@reylo1992 wrote:
@shii405 wrote:So, without Carrie's presence and Mark will most likely only make a guest appearance just like the other potentially appearing Force ghosts... Does this mean Adam will get the top billing for IX? Like,

Adam Driver
Daisy Ridley
John Boyega
Oscar Isaac

...in the credits? And if so, will Adam be the lead actor for IX (and Daisy as lead actress, ofc) or he will stay in the "supporting actor" category?

I still don't understand why Adam is above Daisy in the credits, but Daisy is the lead while he is the supporting actor in TLJ. I get the veteran level, but then what do we say about Oscar Isaac's order? Confusing.
@shii405

I was thinking about that too a few days ago.I realized that with all veteran gone, both Adam and Daisy could get top billing for Episode IX and Mark having the same "rank" as Alec Guiness if he comes back as a ghost. In TFA, it was normal that Harrison, Carrie and Mark should get the top billing no matter their screen time.

But with both Harrison and Carrie definitely gone, it would be a nice progression, showing that the old generation let the floor to the young one. And we never know what will happen in the next months regarding nominations and award. I think Adam is the one who has the highest chance to get a nomination and an oscar among the cast. If he gets the nomination - and why not the oscar - he is logically the one who should get top billing after that.

I know Lupita Nyong'o won best supportive actress so I guess she is the only one among the whole SW cast who got one, right? But gosh it would be some awesome if one would get a nomination and an oscar for a Star Wars role. It would have been unthinkable in the previous trilogies but really I find that acting particularly good in the ST.
@reylo1992

IX will be a nice milestone for the new generation to completely continue the legacy without OT3. I thought the new cast did a superb job in TFA, but I find it interesting when John told interviewer he said to Daisy "We have to be serious now, we don't have Harrison and Carrie anymore to watch over us." he sound worried or aware of it. I guess in a huge franchise like SW, OT3's presence must have mentally helped them a lot than we thought.

I'll be shocked if Adam really get nominated, not that Adam is not good enough, but I won't count on Oscar taking a glance over actors in blockbuster films. I mean, who will he be up against to? There must be hundreds of competitors from 2017 critically-acclaimed films?
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 472
Likes : 3156
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-23
Localisation : Tokyo

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by unicorn on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 4:33 am

I´m fine with almost everything for the next movie as long as it makes sense, is well executed and contains redemption, reylo and a somehow "happily ever after".
I hope they will not pull some artistic bullsh** with these two and let they meet them only via forcebond for the rest of their lives. Evil or Very Mad
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 245
Likes : 982
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25
Localisation : Germany

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by reylo1992 on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 5:26 am

@shii405 wrote:
@reylo1992 wrote:
@shii405 wrote:So, without Carrie's presence and Mark will most likely only make a guest appearance just like the other potentially appearing Force ghosts... Does this mean Adam will get the top billing for IX? Like,

Adam Driver
Daisy Ridley
John Boyega
Oscar Isaac

...in the credits? And if so, will Adam be the lead actor for IX (and Daisy as lead actress, ofc) or he will stay in the "supporting actor" category?

I still don't understand why Adam is above Daisy in the credits, but Daisy is the lead while he is the supporting actor in TLJ. I get the veteran level, but then what do we say about Oscar Isaac's order? Confusing.
@shii405

I was thinking about that too a few days ago.I realized that with all veteran gone, both Adam and Daisy could get top billing for Episode IX and Mark having the same "rank" as Alec Guiness if he comes back as a ghost. In TFA, it was normal that Harrison, Carrie and Mark should get the top billing no matter their screen time.

But with both Harrison and Carrie definitely gone, it would be a nice progression, showing that the old generation let the floor to the young one. And we never know what will happen in the next months regarding nominations and award. I think Adam is the one who has the highest chance to get a nomination and an oscar among the cast. If he gets the nomination - and why not the oscar - he is logically the one who should get top billing after that.

I know Lupita Nyong'o won best supportive actress so I guess she is the only one among the whole SW cast who got one, right? But gosh it would be some awesome if one would get a nomination and an oscar for a Star Wars role. It would have been unthinkable in the previous trilogies but really I find that acting particularly good in the ST.
@reylo1992

IX will be a nice milestone for the new generation to completely continue the legacy without OT3. I thought the new cast did a superb job in TFA, but I find it interesting when John told interviewer he said to Daisy "We have to be serious now, we don't have Harrison and Carrie anymore to watch over us." he sound worried or aware of it. I guess in a huge franchise like SW, OT3's presence must have mentally helped them a lot than we thought.  

I'll be shocked if Adam really get nominated, not that Adam is not good enough, but I won't count on Oscar taking a glance over actors in blockbuster films. I mean, who will he be up against to? There must be hundreds of competitors from 2017 critically-acclaimed films?
@shii405

Honestly, I am not so worried about that aspect because there has been a clear evolution in the nomination and awards within the last years.

From what I understand, you have good chances to get a nomination and an oscar mostly when:
1) You completely transform yourself to play a real person (i.e. Marion Cotillard as Edith Piaf, Daniel Day-Lewis as Lincoln, Meryl Streep as Margaret Thatcher, etc...)
2) You completely transform yourself through your character development (i.e. Natalie Portman in Black Swan, etc...)
3) You deliver an awesome performance in extreme conditions on set (Andrew Garfield in Silence)
3) You play a multilayered character people can relate to (i.e. Heath Ledger in the Dark Knight rises, etc...)
4) You're especially good in one register in particulat (i.e. Jean Dujardin in The Artist)
5) Other reasons?

I am not especially worried about the blockbuster aspect because the nominees and award winners from the last years show that the academy is more open-minded that it seems. Usually, one tend to think that actors in a comedy picture have less chances than actors in a drama picture. I.e. last year Emma Stone still won the oscar although her biggest rivals were Isabelle Huppert (who btw had won most of the prizes for her role in a drama picture) and Natalie Portman (who had less chances in my opinion but still went through a transformation to play Jackie in a biopic. Look at Jean Dujardin who won the oscar for his performance in The Artist, a French comedy about the end of silent movies in Hollywood. Jean Dujardin was an actor who had only made comedies and IMO really bad ones. I would never have bet that this dude would one day become the first French actor to win an oscar in a leading role. And yet...he did an amazing job in The Artist and convinced the academy.

The same applies for blockbusters. Even if blockbuster tend to focus more on actions than emotional performances, I think that the academy still recognizes a stunning performance. We can still argue that the circumstances might have influenced the jury but Heath Ledger in The Darkn Knight rises is a good example. And, it depends what you put in the category blockbuster because it can apply to a wide range of movies, i.e. Titanic is a blockbuster and did win 11 oscars plus 2 nominations for actors in a leading role for Leonardo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet. A blockbuster like La La Land fourteen nomination and Emma Stone ultimately got the oscar in a leading role. But, a blockbuster like Deadpool was snubed by the academy - thanks God because personally I found the movie so bad - and Ryan Reynokds was upset about it because he thought he had done an amazing job. And IMO no wonder that the academy did snub him and the movie because he was campaigning too hard.

So it seems the academy also judges the behavior and the good balance between not campaigning enough and campaigning too hard for your movie and youself. So you have to show your willingness to please the jury without getting too arrogant. I.e. I remember that Natalie Portman campaigned really a lot to promote Black Swan and defend her performance in order to get the oscar : you saw her everywhere. Isabelle Huppert even move from France to the USA during the last weeks before the 89th ceremony in order to promote Elle and her performance. So if Mark, Daisy and/or Adam want to get an oscar, they'll have to campaign hard in order to convince the jury. If Adam gets the nomination, I am not worried that he would promote a la Ryan Reynold ,saying how great his performance is. I am actually more worried about  the fact he doesn't seem to like movie campaign very much and tend to do the strict minimum about this.

And it depends a lot of the performances of the rivals too.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1721
Likes : 7034
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-22

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by ZioRen on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 8:33 pm

So when do you all think Rey and Kylo will have their first "Force Skype" session of IX? And under what potential circumstances?
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3117
Likes : 21568
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 10:26 pm

@ZioRen wrote:So when do you all think Rey and Kylo will have their first "Force Skype" session of IX? And under what potential circumstances?
@ZioRen

Depends entirely on what JJ decides to do with the time jump.

If we don't get much of a time jump, then I think we'd get one fairly early on. We also don't know how much control either of them has over the bond connection--for all but the last Force bond scene, it seemed like the connections happened at random and that neither Rey nor Kylo had any control over it. For the last one, Rey was able to close it once opened, but there's no reason to believe that she suddenly knows how to block the bond.

If JJ goes with any sort of significant time jump, that will have to come with the caveat that one or both of them has learned how to control/block the bond. Otherwise, if we got a jump of, say, 6 months and the bond was still intact and connecting them at random, there would likely be very important conversations that would be taking place offscreen. The audience for IX would enter the movie likely with Rey and Kylo's relationship having progressed to a certain extent, but the audience having no idea how it got there.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5693
Likes : 29571
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Night Huntress on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 1:22 am

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
If JJ goes with any sort of significant time jump, that will have to come with the caveat that one or both of them has learned how to control/block the bond. Otherwise, if we got a jump of, say, 6 months and the bond was still intact and connecting them at random, there would likely be very important conversations that would be taking place offscreen. The audience for IX would enter the movie likely with Rey and Kylo's relationship having progressed to a certain extent, but the audience having no idea how it got there.
@ISeeAnIsland

that's why I think/hope we don't get much of a time-jump or it's clearly said what happened during that missed time off-screen. Like Rey saying during their first force-skype session: "It haven't happened for 6 month, why now suddenly?"

Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1956
Likes : 9714
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 38
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by fuhry on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 10:09 am

@ZioRen wrote:So when do you all think Rey and Kylo will have their first "Force Skype" session of IX? And under what potential circumstances?
@ZioRen

about 10-15 minutes into the movie. Kylo has just conversed with Hux about their latest evil plan. Rey has just returned to her room from Leia's funeral. It will be the first time since Crait they have conversed, and Leia's death is the catalyst.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 367
Likes : 1348
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-05

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by californiagirl on Wed 27 Dec 2017, 12:06 am

Couldn't resist sharing another Jenny tweet. Oh, and she said she follows the Kylo Ren tag on Tumblr.

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 20 Tweet10

There's a few comments that are anti-Reylo, "abusive boyfriend," redemption can't happen now, etc. But TLJ surprised 99% of the world, even after two years of fanboys whining that all the Disney SW movies would be cheap cash-grab rehashes. There are people rooting for Reylo that didn't know they wanted it. Whatever the next film brings, I think people will be surprised at their own reactions again. I'm a little afraid of some of the more vitriolic fallout that will be inevitable when IX rolls around, but I'm not too afraid of LF wimping out on Reylo, weird Force lore, or other risks. TLJ, despite the "controversy" (my parents who saw the originals in the 70s/80s don't understand the upset when I described it to them), is going to make over a billion dollars, likely be the top grossing film of the year worldwide, and that's on top of the merchandise selling like no one's business, especially Rey and Kylo-related stuff. JJ got slammed by many people for being too safe. He now has the unexpected opportunity to put that all to rest. And I do really hope that they begin pulling back the super-secret LF curtain around that time so plotgate/every director doing whatever they want can just go away and we see the ST as the singular story it is.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2493
Likes : 12963
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by fuhry on Wed 27 Dec 2017, 1:02 pm

OK, so, I wrote a script for Episode IX.    I wanted to post a link here in case anyone wants to read it.  I also wrote one for Episode VIII after TFA.  I posted a link on theforce.net, with the following disclaimer:

THIS IS MY FAN SCRIPT - I AM NOT ATTEMPTING TO CLAIM THAT THIS IS A LEAK OF SOME SORT.  IT'S NOT.  I WROTE IT FROM MY HEAD, FOR FUN.  I REPEAT I AM NOT A FAKE LEAKER, A REAL LEAKER, OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT.  

Nevertheless, I got accused of that very thing.  I also got made fun of pretty mercilessly by a few posters.  I'm convinced that if someone had actually leaked the actual script for TLJ, those posters would have LOL'd at how ridiculous it was that Luke milked a Sea Monster.

OK, so without further ado, here it is:

Episode IX - The Call To The Light
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 367
Likes : 1348
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-05

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Starliteprism on Wed 27 Dec 2017, 3:20 pm

@Birdwoman wrote:My predictions for 9:  Kylo and Hux have been set up to get into some major conflicts in the next movie. Rey and Kylo will find there way back to each other through their connection.  I also have a feeling whatever is left of the resistance will go and hide out in the outer rim. My headcannon is that they will hide out on Jakku....

I don't think we will get much of a time jump in the next movie.  Maybe a year?  But honestly, who knows at this point what they are going to do.  Isn't JJ even more secretive than Rian?
@Birdwoman

He has a twitter page with one follower, but nothing going on yet.

https://twitter.com/jjabrams
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 692
Likes : 2157
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-17
Localisation : United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by rey09 on Wed 27 Dec 2017, 3:40 pm

@fuhry wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:So when do you all think Rey and Kylo will have their first "Force Skype" session of IX? And under what potential circumstances?
@ZioRen

about 10-15 minutes into the movie. Kylo has just conversed with Hux about their latest evil plan. Rey has just returned to her room from Leia's funeral. It will be the first time since Crait they have conversed, and Leia's death is the catalyst.
@fuhry

Yes definitely Leia's death. She will feel vulnerable and he'll feel something. I wonder if Leia's death will renew Rey's mission in changing him.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2053
Likes : 9552
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by DarthRen on Wed 27 Dec 2017, 3:55 pm

@rey09 wrote:
@fuhry wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:So when do you all think Rey and Kylo will have their first "Force Skype" session of IX? And under what potential circumstances?
@ZioRen

about 10-15 minutes into the movie. Kylo has just conversed with Hux about their latest evil plan. Rey has just returned to her room from Leia's funeral. It will be the first time since Crait they have conversed, and Leia's death is the catalyst.
@fuhry

Yes definitely Leia's death. She will feel vulnerable and he'll feel something. I wonder if Leia's death will renew Rey's mission in changing him.
@rey09

That's why big time jump straight away in Ep IX would be anticlimatic. We need to see consequences and post-TLj because Leia's death would have to happen shortly afterwards, not like few months or years afterwards. We can have that and then a little bit of time jump to skip Rey's training, the Rebellion getting their act together and Hux plotting. He and Kylo can work in the meantime on the same goal to wipe out the Rebellion and take control over the Galaxy because do't FO is like the Empire who had under their thumb many systems and planets. FO is much more vulnerable in this aspect.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2104
Likes : 6266
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 30
Localisation : GE Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Starliteprism on Wed 27 Dec 2017, 4:45 pm

So, a thought from the end of The Last Jedi, aka Broom Boi scene/Canto Bight.

First off, Cantonica (Canto Bight) and Crait are both Outer Rim territories planets, so assumption that not too far away from one another, plus Finn and Rose seemed to travel fast on some of their journey.

Now, scene just prior to Broom boi, the kids are re-enacting the battle of Crait, so that would show that this scene has taken place in the future, but seemingly the kids haven't grown much, so not a whole lot of time has passed, and word gets around about the battle/legends are made/stories are being told.

My initial take was, what was that blue flash across the sky as Broom Boi looked upwards? Could that be the result of something significant happening in IX and then would this link into the fact that the next movie won't have a big time jump?

Just a random thought/observation. What a Face
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 692
Likes : 2157
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-17
Localisation : United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Night Huntress on Wed 27 Dec 2017, 4:50 pm

@Starliteprism wrote:So, a thought from the end of The Last Jedi, aka Broom Boi scene/Canto Bight.

First off, Cantonica (Canto Bight) and Crait are both Outer Rim territories planets, so assumption that not too far away from one another, plus Finn and Rose seemed to travel fast on some of their journey.

Now, scene just prior to Broom boi, the kids are re-enacting the battle of Crait, so that would show that this scene has taken place in the future, but seemingly the kids haven't grown much, so not a whole lot of time has passed, and word gets around about the battle/legends are made/stories are being told.

My initial take was, what was that blue flash across the sky as Broom Boi looked upwards? Could that be the result of something significant happening in IX and then would this link into the fact that the next movie won't have a big time jump?

Just a random thought/observation. What a Face
@Starliteprism

Yeah, I thought the same- the kids seem the same age as during Finn/Rose trip to Canto Bight. If they wanted to show us a time-jump already in VIII the easiest way would've been showing the broom-kids grown into teenagers or adults.


Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1956
Likes : 9714
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 38
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Starliteprism on Wed 27 Dec 2017, 4:55 pm

@Night Huntress wrote:
@Starliteprism wrote:So, a thought from the end of The Last Jedi, aka Broom Boi scene/Canto Bight.

First off, Cantonica (Canto Bight) and Crait are both Outer Rim territories planets, so assumption that not too far away from one another, plus Finn and Rose seemed to travel fast on some of their journey.

Now, scene just prior to Broom boi, the kids are re-enacting the battle of Crait, so that would show that this scene has taken place in the future, but seemingly the kids haven't grown much, so not a whole lot of time has passed, and word gets around about the battle/legends are made/stories are being told.

My initial take was, what was that blue flash across the sky as Broom Boi looked upwards? Could that be the result of something significant happening in IX and then would this link into the fact that the next movie won't have a big time jump?

Just a random thought/observation. What a Face
@Starliteprism

Yeah, I thought the same- the kids seem the same age as during Finn/Rose trip to Canto Bight. If they wanted to show us a time-jump already in VIII the easiest way would've been showing the broom-kids grown into teenagers or adults.


@Night Huntress

Glad to see someone on the same page. Man, I love this board and you lovely lovely individuals. :-D

Granted, Rian Johnson did speak a little about the ending, but I think there are other things playing out during this scene as well...

http://in.ign.com/star-wars-episode-viii/116849/news/star-wars-rian-johnson-explains-the-ending-of-the-last-jedi
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 692
Likes : 2157
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-17
Localisation : United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by californiagirl on Wed 27 Dec 2017, 9:46 pm

I cannot for the life of me remember where it was, but wasn't there at least one article or interview about how Snoke didn't trust Kylo because of what happened with Vader and the Emperor? And that the First Order had unlimited resources? Something about the Unknown Regions? All these think pieces about how Snoke sucked, or that RJ wanted to throw out whatever JJ made, but I have a hard time believing someone with the amount of power he is both shown and said to have, far beyond Palpy/Vader, didn't see what was coming. Not that he will necessarily return a la Voldemort, but if he really did suspect Kylo of one day betraying and killing him, and not indicate any fear at this in the scene it happened, I'm afraid of whatever horrible backup plan he may have had in place once he died that could make him so confident and nonchalant. Big threat to reunite our protagonists in the next movie? I don't think this is the last we've heard about Snoke in this series.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2493
Likes : 12963
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum