Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for Episode 9

Page 21 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 41  Next

Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by ZioRen on Thu 22 Mar 2018, 4:27 pm

@Ramblingrose wrote:It is a rumor on Tumblr that a "trustworthy" source has leaked spoilers: that the time span will be 2 years and that there will be a "Hamlet" feeling. And we know Hamlet is a tragedy, right?
It seems to be much ado about nothing.

https://skysilencer.tumblr.com/post/172135719092/deleting-the-post-because-someone-informed-me-that
 

I was not liking the long time span because
a: No force bond sessions in 2 years?
b: And if there was some, how should the audience see them? As flashbacks?
c: Kylo Ren successfully Supreme Leader i 2 years? As shaken as he was in the end scene?
d: The Resistance rebuilding 2 years and we see it as flashbacks too? Much flashbacks here, me thinks.
e: Leia alive in 2 years, or dead before IX starts? Flashback to funeral... enough flashbacks....
f: Hux let Kylo establish himself as leader i 2 years? So out of his character where TLJ ends.
g: How has our heroes and villains developed in 2 years? How do we keep up with the changes?

Remember the time span between ESB and ROTJ? In canon, in the movie ROTJ, we got no explanation of what happened in the time between. The characters like Leia was just picking up, but Luke much more powerful and a new-built lightsaber. I don't think Disney can pull that one off in 2019. Rose and Finn has avoided talking about that kiss in 2 years? Or they are married with a child? Rey appearing with a lightsaber or saberstaff that she as built offscreen? The Resistance with a new fleet that just some rich person donated to?
@Ramblingrose
Yeah I highly doubt that's "trustworthy". That Tumblr user fell for all kinds of fake leaks before if I recall so don't take their word for it.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3117
Likes : 21568
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Night Huntress on Thu 22 Mar 2018, 4:32 pm

@ZioRen wrote:
@Ramblingrose wrote:It is a rumor on Tumblr that a "trustworthy" source has leaked spoilers: that the time span will be 2 years and that there will be a "Hamlet" feeling. And we know Hamlet is a tragedy, right?
It seems to be much ado about nothing.

https://skysilencer.tumblr.com/post/172135719092/deleting-the-post-because-someone-informed-me-that
 

I was not liking the long time span because
a: No force bond sessions in 2 years?
b: And if there was some, how should the audience see them? As flashbacks?
c: Kylo Ren successfully Supreme Leader i 2 years? As shaken as he was in the end scene?
d: The Resistance rebuilding 2 years and we see it as flashbacks too? Much flashbacks here, me thinks.
e: Leia alive in 2 years, or dead before IX starts? Flashback to funeral... enough flashbacks....
f: Hux let Kylo establish himself as leader i 2 years? So out of his character where TLJ ends.
g: How has our heroes and villains developed in 2 years? How do we keep up with the changes?

Remember the time span between ESB and ROTJ? In canon, in the movie ROTJ, we got no explanation of what happened in the time between. The characters like Leia was just picking up, but Luke much more powerful and a new-built lightsaber. I don't think Disney can pull that one off in 2019. Rose and Finn has avoided talking about that kiss in 2 years? Or they are married with a child? Rey appearing with a lightsaber or saberstaff that she as built offscreen? The Resistance with a new fleet that just some rich person donated to?
@Ramblingrose
Yeah I highly doubt that's "trustworthy". That Tumblr user fell for all kinds of fake leaks before if I recall so don't take their word for it.
@ZioRen


all of the above- and it was posted on Reddit around x-mas when TLJ just came out? Or even before?
The script of IX wasn't even finished at that time- so how would they know about the time jump? Rolling Eyes


Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1956
Likes : 9714
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 38
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by AhsokaTano on Thu 22 Mar 2018, 6:05 pm

I saw that “ leak” too Just before Christmas but don’t remember all that detail unless they kept posting afterwards . Wish I could find it again . I definitely remember the bit about hamlet and him/her talking about the loneliness and being haunted and that some time had passed but don’t remember him or her saying specifically two years . When asked questions he/she kept saying things like am not privy to that info so whoever they are even if they are genuine don’t have access to whole script , all the info . Could be someone who worked in pinewoods I was thinking maybe and perhaps they heard rumours ? Just guessing .Gonna see if can find that link on Reddit .

Sent from Topic'it App
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1256
Likes : 4321
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-13
Localisation : London UK

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by vaderito on Thu 22 Mar 2018, 6:08 pm

I'm sorry but the Tumblr person should have said the name of the Redditor. It isn't like she was protecting a LF insider. The guy posted some sith on reddit under a reddit user name. So if he felt safe (since he posted FAF, duh) I don't know why she "protected" his Reddit identity. Moreover, Redditors know who FAF are among them so name would have revealed whether a person is trustworthy or not. Too much complication for nothing.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 11003
Likes : 53368
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by AhsokaTano on Thu 22 Mar 2018, 6:22 pm

Can’t find it - just know it was a few days before Christmas that it came out. There wasn’t a lot of info on it and it was vague and Redditor said they didn’t know much as didn’t have access to all the info but mentioned what I said above . The title was something like am gonna give you an early Christmas present or something like that. I was suspicious to be honest .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1256
Likes : 4321
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-13
Localisation : London UK

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Moonlight13 on Thu 22 Mar 2018, 6:33 pm

@AhsokaTano wrote:Can’t find it - just know it was a few days before Christmas that it came out. There wasn’t a lot of info on it and it was vague and Redditor said they didn’t know much as didn’t have access to all the info but mentioned what I said above . The title was something like am gonna give you an early Christmas present or something like that. I was suspicious to be honest .
@AhsokaTano
I found it. Very Happy
https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/7k2zn8/last_year_i_gave_you_this_christmas_present_do/
Moonlight13
Moonlight13
Moderator

Messages : 1157
Likes : 5666
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-15
Age : 26
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by nickandnora on Thu 22 Mar 2018, 7:00 pm

I'm suspicious, but at the same time think that what he/she says sounds reasonable. Two years is a little on the long side, but if so I think the purpose might be a) to arrive at a point where the Resistance has gained traction once more (because I really don't want to see the boring process of that), and b) arrive at a point when Kylo's reign as Supreme Leader and what that stands for has also been established. I feel like the events that happen over the course of the movie are going to take place over a short time (maybe a week) but I really don't need to see how they got there. In my mind, I would say that Rey/Ben haven't had any Force bond sessions during this time but they've been on each other's minds constantly (absence and time will do that to you) and then close to the beginning of the movie, probably after Leia's death, they will have a significant one that will set off the events of the film.

The Hamlet thing makes sense to me in terms of haunting (Force ghosts!), and the dangerous nature of becoming who we pretend to be; Hamlet pretends he's crazy to accomplish a goal, and becomes crazy (for a key, tragic moment) in the process. I was just speculating in another thread that there might be something to that idea with Ben... did he think he was doing the right thing by becoming Supreme Leader and lose sight of himself and his original goal in the process? Perhaps.

Anyway, not saying this guy is real, just that what he says isn't that far-fetched.

(PS. The Lion King is a Disney film based on Hamlet as well and yet it does not end tragically, lol. Food for thought.)

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 866
Likes : 5098
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 22 Mar 2018, 7:04 pm

@Moonlight13 wrote:
@AhsokaTano wrote:Can’t find it - just know it was a few days before Christmas that it came out. There wasn’t a lot of info on it and it was vague and Redditor said they didn’t know much as didn’t have access to all the info but mentioned what I said above . The title was something like am gonna give you an early Christmas present or something like that. I was suspicious to be honest .
@AhsokaTano
I found it. Very Happy
https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/7k2zn8/last_year_i_gave_you_this_christmas_present_do/
@Moonlight13

Why did this months old leak resurface again?
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5693
Likes : 29571
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Moonlight13 on Thu 22 Mar 2018, 7:10 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:
@AhsokaTano wrote:Can’t find it - just know it was a few days before Christmas that it came out. There wasn’t a lot of info on it and it was vague and Redditor said they didn’t know much as didn’t have access to all the info but mentioned what I said above . The title was something like am gonna give you an early Christmas present or something like that. I was suspicious to be honest .
@AhsokaTano
I found it. Very Happy
https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/7k2zn8/last_year_i_gave_you_this_christmas_present_do/
@Moonlight13

Why did this months old leak resurface again?
@ISeeAnIsland
Because of a rumor on Tumblr like @Ramblingrose said.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13
Moderator

Messages : 1157
Likes : 5666
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-15
Age : 26
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by vaderito on Thu 22 Mar 2018, 7:10 pm

FAF. He didn't say a single concrete thing. Tons of vagueness. They all think they are as good as Pablo at evading answers (to questions that they have no clue about).
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 11003
Likes : 53368
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by nickandnora on Thu 22 Mar 2018, 7:44 pm

I know we're not taking this guy seriously (and you all have already been through his stuff), but I did find this little bit interesting:

When asked who the villain is, he said: "Kylo, so it would seem."

It's probably nothing, but it fits one of my all time favourite scenarios for IX: that Kylo (the persona, the construct, the costume and mask) is the villain puppeteered by someone else in this film, while Ben Solo suffers somewhere in a dungeon or on an abandoned planet for Rey to rescue.

But one can extract a lot of info one wants to see out of an ink blot I guess, lol.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 866
Likes : 5098
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by californiagirl on Thu 22 Mar 2018, 7:49 pm

It seems a little odd that someone would know these things and even the cast might not have read the script yet, which was only announced to be finished a month ago and won't start filming for another 4 months. I call serious BS. Any more than a year would be a stretch. I might prefer even less, like a few months.

Oh and this was from December? There wasn't even a script at all then. Wow, sounds luke we're about to get a year and nine months of total FAF. Can't wait.


Last edited by californiagirl on Thu 22 Mar 2018, 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2598
Likes : 13332
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Moonlight13 on Thu 22 Mar 2018, 7:53 pm

@nickandnora
I want to add that the same guy commented on a post about "How will Renperor look in EP IX?":https://www.reddit.com/user/throwawayanyways77
This could back up your theory (if it's true).
Moonlight13
Moonlight13
Moderator

Messages : 1157
Likes : 5666
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-15
Age : 26
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by nickandnora on Thu 22 Mar 2018, 8:26 pm

@Moonlight13 wrote:@nickandnora
I want to add that the same guy commented on a post about "How will Renperor look in EP IX?":https://www.reddit.com/user/throwawayanyways77
This could back up your theory (if it's true).
@Moonlight13

Yeah, going back to a mask (if they do) would signify an important slight of hand, I think. There's so much misdirection they could do in promos by bringing back a mask. And if, as I suspect, Kylo/Ben himself isn't actually going to be the villain AT ALL in IX (like, I think he's going to *start* the film repentant as hell), they definitely need a way to not give that away in trailers, etc. so it'd be fitting to show scenes of "Kylo" being a menace without giving any of the context whatsoever. Pure advertising trickery.

I can just imagine the outcry from fanboys already: "Oh my god, the trailers are so awesome, Kylo Ren is going full bad*** in a new VADER suit and everything, gonna be awesome... *watches movie*... Wait... wait... what the hell is this?!" LMAO.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 866
Likes : 5098
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by californiagirl on Thu 22 Mar 2018, 8:54 pm

Can we also take a moment to marvel at the fact so many people take Supreme Leader Kylo Ren seriously? Like he's a believable fascist dictator and will be horribly cruel and tyrannical and actually hold onto power? He spent the entire third act of TLJ ranting and raging and frothing at the mouth uncontrollably, constantly falling for Luke's deception, letting the resistance escape, and ending the film alone on his knees in a corner looking sadly and dejectedly at his ex while Hux is staring at him like he wants to murder him.

I know I've sounded salty about the rest of fandom recently, but really, audiences can be that undiscerning and naive? Sheesh.

Addendum: This is why we keep getting one dimensional villains in films, especially blockbuster action tentpoles. We complain that Marvel has a villain problem, but then no one understands or appreciates a complex character when they do show up.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2598
Likes : 13332
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by special_cases on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 12:50 am

u/throwawayanyways77 is real leaker (this is not his first acc) but he didn't say about 2 years and mentioned Hamlet as a part of Kylo's arc. The most interesting thing was that Luke's students may be not KOR. I don't think he can say something specific even if he knows something.

special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1903
Likes : 10358
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Kessel on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 2:02 am

@nickandnora wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:@nickandnora
I want to add that the same guy commented on a post about "How will Renperor look in EP IX?":https://www.reddit.com/user/throwawayanyways77
This could back up your theory (if it's true).
@Moonlight13

Yeah, going back to a mask (if they do) would signify an important slight of hand, I think. There's so much misdirection they could do in promos by bringing back a mask. And if, as I suspect, Kylo/Ben himself isn't actually going to be the villain AT ALL in IX (like, I think he's going to *start* the film repentant as hell), they definitely need a way to not give that away in trailers, etc. so it'd be fitting to show scenes of "Kylo" being a menace without giving any of the context whatsoever. Pure advertising trickery.

I can just imagine the outcry from fanboys already: "Oh my god, the trailers are so awesome, Kylo Ren is going full bad*** in a new VADER suit and everything, gonna be awesome... *watches movie*... Wait... wait... what the hell is this?!" LMAO.
@nickandnora

I somewhat expect IX marketing to emphasize “menacing” and “evil” Kylo in some way. I never thought of the possibility they may show him with the mask in promotional material. It may be possible to give the impression Kylo is fully committed to the dark side now.  Rolling Eyes I don’t think the mask will be featured as heavily in IX as it was in TFA, if it’s brought back for IX.

@special_cases wrote:u/throwawayanyways77 is real leaker (this is not his first acc) but he didn't say about 2 years and mentioned Hamlet as a part of Kylo's arc. The most interesting thing was that Luke's students may be not KOR. I don't think he can say something specific even if he knows something.

@special_cases

Interesting. It’s almost taken for granted by a large portion of the fandom that the KOR will likely be in Episode IX and they’ll be Luke’s former students, and that makes logical sense, but we don’t have confirmation of that at all. I wonder if that is what JJ actually goes with or if he does something more unexpected.

_________________
"The relationship between Kylo and Rey is awesome."
Kessel
Kessel
Moderator

Messages : 1958
Likes : 13725
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Night Huntress on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 2:15 am

it would make no sense for me to make him wear that stupid mask again...it would be a step back from his character development.
He is Supreme Leader now, why hide behind a mask? Rolling Eyes

Don't say they won't do it- anything is possible... but I personally would hate it.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1956
Likes : 9714
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 38
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Kessel on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 3:51 am

@Night Huntress wrote:it would make no sense for me to make him wear that stupid mask again...it would be a step back from his character development.
He is Supreme Leader now, why hide behind a mask? Rolling Eyes

Don't say they won't do it- anything is possible... but I personally would hate it.
@Night Huntress

I doubt they’ll put him back in the mask for IX. I agree it doesn’t make sense for the character, he’s grown beyond the need for it. However, I wouldn’t put it past IX’s marketing to show him wearing something menacing and I suppose a new mask in a trailer (something taken out of context) is not impossible, just to get people wondering...

_________________
"The relationship between Kylo and Rey is awesome."
Kessel
Kessel
Moderator

Messages : 1958
Likes : 13725
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by AhsokaTano on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 4:29 am

@ Moonlight13
Fantastic for finding the link! Well done Smile I’ve been trying to find it for ages to see if the thread continued but couldn’t remember which Star Wars forum it was on as on Reddit there are several. If this is real it worries me a bit that he’s using Hamlet as a comparison and not going into detail about what he means because most people will think ghosts or the lion king ( which is vaguely based on some ideas of hamlet ) but the play hamlet is very dark and ends in tragedy . Hamlet ruins ophelia( she’s so in love with him) and destroys her mentally to the point of suicide . He can’t have her but wants no one else to either . Hamlet is probably suffering from depression and other psychological issues .And hamlet’s fate is tragic and sad too. It’s not the happy Disney lion king version which is what disturbed me.. My only hope if it’s real is that he’s talking lion king version of hamlet and not Shakespeare’s. We’ve had too much tradegy With the skywalkers already . Let’s have a bit of happiness - Ben and Rey have suffered enough.

@ Night Huntress and @ Kessel
I hope they don’t put him back in the mask for episode 9. Please don’t cover up his lovely face - it’s so expressive . Having said that wasn’t there an interview about when he puts on the mask he becomes this persona and they could use it because he’s hiding behind it and his feelings ? I could picture scenarios where he’s holding court with it on so that others don’t see his feelings and same if he encounters Rey initially. I would prefer the mask off but they could use it to disguise his feelings- having said that Adam is such a great actor that even through the mask you knew what kylo was feeling just by way he delivered it and his body language.
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1256
Likes : 4321
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-13
Localisation : London UK

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Saracene on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 5:42 am

I really think that the mask is dead and gone. Kylo is not going to put on something that used to be a symbol of his insecurity.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2633
Likes : 17338
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 40
Localisation : Melbourne

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by rawpowah on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 6:59 am

No stupid mask please.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1108
Likes : 5911
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-18

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by cherrylipstick on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 7:10 am

Yes I agree with you about the mask, it would make no sense with the character development we have seen before.
And more importantly it would hide those beautiful and expressive eyes, it would be an unacceptable crime! Evil or Very Mad
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick
Moderator

Messages : 525
Likes : 2788
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-11
Age : 35
Localisation : Kylo's room

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by AhsokaTano on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 7:32 am

Going back to that leaker above on Reddit, he/she also says in their thread that we are gonna find out something jaw dropping about an “old friend “in the Han Solo movie . Now most people are thinking it’s Lando but doesn’t Han in force awakens describe Maz as an old friend when they enter her castle bar ? I guess we’ll find out if this leaker is genuine when we see the Han Solo movie .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1256
Likes : 4321
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-13
Localisation : London UK

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 9:53 am

@AhsokaTano wrote:Going back to that leaker above on Reddit, he/she also says in their thread that we are gonna find out something jaw dropping about an “old friend “in the Han Solo movie . Now most people are thinking it’s Lando but doesn’t Han in force awakens describe Maz as an old friend when they enter her castle bar ? I guess we’ll find out if this leaker is genuine when we see the Han Solo movie .
@AhsokaTano

If you read back through his posting history, he has a mixed track record. For his big TLJ "leak", he was correct that there would be a fight between Rey and Luke, and that Rey would leave in the Falcon (without Luke) immediately after. His details/context surrounding that fight were pretty far off, though.

Maybe he's in a position where he can occasionally see a piece or two of concept art, but not to where he gets any of the context/explanation surrounding that art.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5693
Likes : 29571
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 41  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum