The Mandalorian, Disney+

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by 12 Parsnips on Mon 23 Dec 2019, 6:54 am

TRoS spoilers:
Too bad lil Rey didn't have a Mando in her life to protect her from the one that was hunting her. I don't think he would have left her in starvation/indentured servitude to "protect" her. *throws salt around* Mad
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 23 Dec 2019, 8:45 pm

@12 Parsnips wrote:
TRoS spoilers:
Too bad lil Rey didn't have a Mando in her life to protect her from the one that was hunting her. I don't think he would have left her in starvation/indentured servitude to "protect" her. *throws salt around*  Mad

I agree!

I am so guarded hopeful with The Mandalorian, especially Chapter 8.

Interesting theory What the Force had (I think it was the Part 2 reaction/trying to figure out TRoS video). That The Mandalorian is the story group's and those that believe in the myth's response to TRoS. She thinks Kuill's interesting quote about working for the Empire, working out of servitude, and all of this is about The Child/Baby Yoda...the feels/hopes it's a wink wink from them...that although TRoS was taken from them - they're doing what they can to keep that magic alive. Love it!
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Tue 24 Dec 2019, 7:06 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@12 Parsnips wrote:
TRoS spoilers:
Too bad lil Rey didn't have a Mando in her life to protect her from the one that was hunting her. I don't think he would have left her in starvation/indentured servitude to "protect" her. *throws salt around*  Mad

I agree!

I am so guarded hopeful with The Mandalorian, especially Chapter 8.  

Interesting theory What the Force had (I think it was the Part 2 reaction/trying to figure out TRoS video).  That The Mandalorian is the story group's and those that believe in the myth's response to TRoS.  She thinks Kuill's interesting quote about working for the Empire, working out of servitude, and all of this is about The Child/Baby Yoda...the feels/hopes it's a wink wink from them...that although TRoS was taken from them - they're doing what they can to keep that magic alive. Love it!
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I listened to that therapy session (for me podcasters have been a lifeline)! I don't know though. How does the timing of the production of the two work out?

I can see Babyoda as representing the essence of Star Wars and the Imperial warlords as representing Disney/commercialization of SW. (Ironic, since slapping Babyoda on a product could sell it instantly.) Mando's team as the LF storygroup.  sunny

I'll be happy if Marie-Claire is right, but I'm going to be very guarded, as you say.
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Fri 27 Dec 2019, 2:58 am

Yo darksaber sighted! Hype!
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Fri 27 Dec 2019, 5:38 am

Now this is how a season should end! Exciting and hopeful and uplifting! Sooo good! Will be back after more viewings. bounce

I have to confess that when Mando's helmet came off I had a terrible feeling that it was going to be the stunt double. I tell you, TRoS has given me deep, irrational fears. Sad
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 27 Dec 2019, 8:33 am

@12 Parsnips wrote:Now this is how a season should end! Exciting and hopeful and uplifting! Sooo good! Will be back after more viewings. bounce

I have to confess that when Mando's helmet came off I had a terrible feeling that it was going to be the stunt double. I tell you, TRoS has given me deep, irrational fears. Sad
@12 Parsnips

HUGS!

The title is Redemption.

Perhaps reading too much into it, yet it seems to be the art department, story groups, and Dave Filoni's way to say - the executives (including JJ and Chris) took the myth and broke it with TRoS. We were powerless, this is the way Wink we acknowledge it and make it right. For once, I am happy for John Favreau's power/influence - he probably protected them from LF executives when this was happening.

I say this because Togo is really breathtaking - beautiful (in narrative and cinematography). The ice scenes are powerful and scary. (Applause for Julianne Nicholson as Constance Seppala who is riveting.) Maybe naive, but Togo causes me to wonder more about TRoS. Did Executive LF have more independence? in comparison to a Disney+ production? Maybe more Disney Studio executive interference was needed? In the phenomenal Imagineer docuseries, Joe Rohde talks about the needed tension and respect between creatives and executives. Too much in either direction, and the storytelling (and although theme parks, etc, that is storytelling), is diluted. Is TRoS a result of massive disagreement within LF? The answer seemed easy before I saw Togo. Now that I have, it's not so easy and revealing - even more after Chapter 8 of The Mandalorian.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 27 Dec 2019, 8:35 am

@Moonjump05 wrote:Yo darksaber sighted! Hype!
@Moonjump05

My jaw dropped! lol, I then remembered Katee Sackhoff mentioning she's excited about an upcoming project, but can't talk about it. Hmmm Staying guarded, staying guarded...Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Fri 27 Dec 2019, 9:47 am

@12 Parsnips wrote:Now this is how a season should end! Exciting and hopeful and uplifting! Sooo good! Will be back after more viewings. bounce

@12 Parsnips

HUGS!

The title is Redemption.  

Perhaps reading too much into it, yet it seems to be the art department, story groups, and Dave Filoni's way to say - the executives (including JJ and Chris) took the myth and broke it with TRoS. We were powerless, this is the way Wink we acknowledge it and make it right.  For once, I am happy for John Favreau's power/influence - he probably protected them from LF executives when this was happening.

I say this because Togo is really breathtaking - beautiful (in narrative and cinematography).  The ice scenes are powerful and scary. (Applause for Julianne Nicholson as Constance Seppala who is riveting.) Maybe naive, but Togo causes me to wonder more about TRoS. Did Executive LF have more independence? in comparison to a Disney+ production?  Maybe more Disney Studio executive interference was needed?  In the phenomenal Imagineer docuseries, Joe Rohde talks about the needed tension and respect between creatives and executives. Too much in either direction, and the storytelling (and although theme parks, etc, that is storytelling), is diluted. Is TRoS a result of massive disagreement within LF? The answer seemed easy before I saw Togo.  Now that I have, it's not so easy and revealing - even more after Chapter 8 of The Mandalorian.  
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I hope you are right about Mando being "protected." *sigh* I don't know what to think. I'm just so happy not to get a gut punch.  (How sad is that? Razz)

I haven't watched Togo yet, although the trailer looked so beautiful, as you said.
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 27 Dec 2019, 1:14 pm

Well that was a great season ending! I originally thought doing this show and TROS at the same time was a bad idea, but turns out that was actually a good thing. More violent than the other episodes. Was happily surprised to see the armorer again. And the music really is just so good. Was that a lightsaber or some kind of electric metal blade at the end? Poor IG, he died twice in one season. I figured it would take until the end to take the helmet off, but a shame the name reveal was anticlimactic because Pedro said it in an interview shortly after the season started. Smile Really all the episodes except the Filoni ones were well-directed. This one especially was peak.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Fri 27 Dec 2019, 1:49 pm

@californiagirl wrote:Well that was a great season ending! I originally thought doing this show and TROS at the same time was a bad idea, but turns out that was actually a good thing. More violent than the other episodes. Was happily surprised to see the armorer again. And the music really is just so good. Was that a lightsaber or some kind of electric metal blade at the end? Poor IG, he died twice in one season. I figured it would take until the end to take the helmet off, but a shame the name reveal was anticlimactic because Pedro said it in an interview shortly after the season started. Smile Really all the episodes except the Filoni ones were well-directed. This one especially was peak.
@californiagirl

I think this will probably be my favorite of the season. I loved the heart of it--"you will be as a father to him" and "you are a clan of two." I love you Plus IG-11 being the one Mando takes off the mask for--a droid he hated, who then saves his life. What Star Wars is about IMO. Smile

Plus I'm loving how loyal Mando and Cara are to each other (until it comes to "the baby thing"! Cara made me lol! ). And I loved how the Armorer took out all the stormtroopers using only the tools of her trade.

The blade Moff Gideon had is the Dark Saber, kind of a legendary Mandalorian lightsaber first seen in animation (Clone Wars and Rebels), supposedly created by the first (and only) Mandalorian Jedi. (I will need to go back and watch some of those old episodes because the Dark Saber stuff is pretty fuzzy for me!)
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 27 Dec 2019, 4:44 pm

@12 Parsnips wrote:
@californiagirl wrote:Well that was a great season ending! I originally thought doing this show and TROS at the same time was a bad idea, but turns out that was actually a good thing. More violent than the other episodes. Was happily surprised to see the armorer again. And the music really is just so good. Was that a lightsaber or some kind of electric metal blade at the end? Poor IG, he died twice in one season. I figured it would take until the end to take the helmet off, but a shame the name reveal was anticlimactic because Pedro said it in an interview shortly after the season started. Smile Really all the episodes except the Filoni ones were well-directed. This one especially was peak.
@californiagirl

I think this will probably be my favorite of the season. I loved the heart of it--"you will be as a father to him" and "you are a clan of two." I love you Plus IG-11 being the one Mando takes off the mask for--a droid he hated, who then saves his life. What Star Wars is about IMO. Smile

Plus I'm loving how loyal Mando and Cara are to each other (until it comes to "the baby thing"! Cara made me lol! ). And I loved how the Armorer took out all the stormtroopers using only the tools of her trade.

The blade Moff Gideon had is the Dark Saber, kind of a legendary Mandalorian lightsaber first seen in animation (Clone Wars and Rebels), supposedly created by the first (and only) Mandalorian Jedi. (I will need to go back and watch some of those old episodes because the Dark Saber stuff is pretty fuzzy for me!)
@12 Parsnips

Where Cara is from!!!!! Be still my heart with that as well!!! Very Happy Smile

Spoiler:
Alderaan!!

Plus, now, it makes sense why she said, "I'm in" when this was against Imperials. To her, it was worth not laying low.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Fri 27 Dec 2019, 4:51 pm

@12 Parsnips wrote:
@californiagirl

@12 Parsnips

Where Cara is from!!!!! Be still my heart with that as well!!! Very Happy Smile

Spoiler:
Alderaan!!  

Plus, now, it makes sense why she said, "I'm in" when this was against Imperials.  To her, it was worth not laying low.
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Yes! It 100% explains her hatred for Imps, and why "peacekeeping" wasn't for the life for her.

I heard that somewhere in the filming (likely season 2), Gina wouldn't let the stunt double do a scene where Cara carries a comrade from the battlefield (presumably a flashback and not the scene with Mando in this one). They didn't think Gina could do it but she did. She's a goddess! Very Happy
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 27 Dec 2019, 5:43 pm

@12 Parsnips

She is!!!! And I curtsy to her! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Fri 27 Dec 2019, 6:20 pm

She totally kneww Leia then!

Great episode. highlights for me

- the nurse maid droid, what a sacrifice
- the female mando- soo bad***. Also she officially made him daddy!
- so interested in searching for baby yoda family!
- the last quote - take care of him. or maybe he'll take care of you *crying*

so sad that TROS lacked depth and heart like in this show. See at the end, Mando adopts yoda as a mando. THAT is an adoption story that makes sense.

someone was mentioning first mando jedi: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Tarre_Vizsla
perhaps new show or movie? could it fall under KOTOR territory?

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Fri 27 Dec 2019, 7:05 pm

@rey09 wrote:She totally kneww Leia then!

Great episode. highlights for me

- the nurse maid droid, what a sacrifice
- the female mando- soo bad***. Also she officially made him daddy!
- so interested in searching for baby yoda family!
- the last quote - take care of him. or maybe he'll take care of you *crying*

so sad that TROS lacked depth and heart like in this show. See at the end, Mando adopts yoda as a mando. THAT is an adoption story that makes sense.

someone was mentioning first mando jedi: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Tarre_Vizsla
perhaps new show or movie? could it fall under KOTOR territory?
@rey09
Yes! Cara at least knew of her princess, even if she never met her.

Upon rewatch, I noticed the stuff IG-11 says at the end parallels pretty much what Mando was saying when he was injured--you take the child and protect it--let me die to defend you. Awww. And the shot of Lil' Din Djarin flying off with his Mando foster parent, same as Babyoda flying off with the ManDADlorian!

I couldn't help but think, Wow, if only Ben Solo had had someone to protect him this hard. It brings tears to my eyes. Why didn't he?!? OK, can't go down that road or I will drown my keyboard.

I was never terribly interested in Mandalore's history except where Satine was concerned, but now Mando has me intrigued!
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Fri 27 Dec 2019, 7:39 pm

Welp, I loved the final episode. I actually clapped at one part Laughing
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 27 Dec 2019, 8:02 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Welp, I loved the final episode. I actually clapped at one part Laughing
@Cowgirlsamurai

Baby Yoda using the Force with the fire? Very Happy Smile

That was funny when Greef said, "Do your magic hand thing" something like that - and The Child/Baby Yoda waves back. haha
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Fri 27 Dec 2019, 9:02 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey

That was hilarious!

Spoiler:
I teared up at the Baby Yoda fire moment, but I clapped after Mando landed from his first jet pack flight!
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 27 Dec 2019, 9:54 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey

That was hilarious!

Spoiler:
I teared up at the Baby Yoda fire moment, but I clapped after Mando landed from his first jet pack flight!
@Cowgirlsamurai

Din was an interesting mixture of clumsy, graceful, and a natural with it, yet he definitely needs more practice! lol Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 5:56 am

I just realized the first words from the good guys in this finale are "That was unpleasant. I'm sorry you had to see that." It really spoke to me after the week we've had. Neutral

Spoiler:
The way Cara was shielding Din with her body and holding his hand and pleading with him to stay with her while he was dying was bringing shipper's hearts to my eyes! But I can't go down that road because romance in SW leads to being punished by death or isolation and misery, so... (Boy, do I wish I were being sarcastic but those are facts.)

Din was an interesting mixture of clumsy, graceful, and a natural with it, yet he definitely needs more practice! lol Very Happy Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey

One of the things I appreciate so much about Din is that he really fails a lot, but he just keeps persisting. I really like his imperfections.
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 4:38 pm

Podcast | Once Upon a Time in the Outer Rim: Episode 8 (The Mandalorian: Redemption)

Currently listening to it, always enriches my viewing! Very Happy Smile

SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 6:02 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Podcast | Once Upon a Time in the Outer Rim: Episode 8 (The Mandalorian: Redemption)

@SW_Heroine_Journey

MC's thoughts on Cara's name/parallels with Leia are interesting! She's not wrong about the RotJ connection in that scene...but TBH I can't follow her through the Anakin references. That just doesn't gel for me, although I think I understand where she's coming from. One of my great disappointments with the ST is that Leia never gets to make peace with her father like Luke does.

I actually think Mando completed his hero's journey in this season, but it will be interesting to see if there's an overall two- or three- (or four!-) season hero's journey he takes as well. I'm ready!
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 6:05 pm

@12 Parsnips wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Podcast | Once Upon a Time in the Outer Rim: Episode 8 (The Mandalorian: Redemption)

@SW_Heroine_Journey

MC's thoughts on Cara's name/parallels with Leia are interesting! She's not wrong about the RotJ connection in that scene...but TBH I can't follow her through the Anakin references. That just doesn't gel for me, although I think I understand where she's coming from. One of my great disappointments with the ST is that Leia never gets to make peace with her father like Luke does.

I actually think Mando completed his hero's journey in this season, but it will be interesting to see if there's an overall two- or three- (or four!-) season hero's journey he takes as well. I'm ready!
@12 Parsnips

Me too! Ready for it now! lol

TCW Season 7 is this February, so it will distract me, along with anything else that comes along, including WW 84. haha

Season 2 returns Fall 2020, so I am thinking Oct or Nov? Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 6:40 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey

As soon as Resistance is over we'll get TCW, and then I wonder what will be on Disney+ to woo me? Razz

I am hoping for October/sooner for Season 2, but November would put it into the holiday season and maybe I'll get some more Mando stuff for Christmas. cheers
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 10:50 pm

@12 Parsnips wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey

As soon as Resistance is over we'll get TCW, and then I wonder what will be on Disney+ to woo me? Razz

I am hoping for October/sooner for Season 2, but November would put it into the holiday season and maybe I'll get some more Mando stuff for Christmas. cheers
@12 Parsnips

Ooh! I was going to ask you - because I am a SW newbie thanks to TLJ - what TCW episodes do you recommend to feel fulfilled about Mandalorians and the DarkSaber? I know that The Mandalorian will take things in an interesting direction, and as WTF and Alex mentioned, it's wonderfully set up that research isn't needed, but I want to dig a little bit. Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum