Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mandalorian, Disney+

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 12 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 17 Jan 2020, 8:59 pm

@12 Parsnips wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@12 Parsnips wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey

*puts on tinfoil hat, thinks a very long time about @SW_Heroine_Journey's The-Mandalorian-Carries-on-the-George-Lucas-Legacy theory* Wink
@12 Parsnips

It's not mine! lol It's What the Force?'s - Very Happy Smile  I promise, I credited them! haha

She did tweet (with that photo)

"Remember how I said the child represents the the Myth:"

https://twitter.com/Wtforceshow/status/1217997306277949440
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Yeah, but you made me believe it! Razz

I hope with all my heart that it's true and the myth lives somewhere... I love Mando's protectiveness even more now!
@12 Parsnips

Me too! Very Happy Smile

I forever will be one project at a time with SW, yet I do feel hope - A LOT of hope with The Mandalorian!
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 14 Feb 2020, 1:00 pm

At least the Mando train is still rolling, it's getting an Empire cover story.

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/empire-s-the-mandalorian-covers-revealed/

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 12 Empire11

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 12 Empire10
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Sun 16 Feb 2020, 4:41 pm

@californiagirl

Nice! Thanks for posting! I'll keep my eyes peeled for this one.
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Wed 15 Apr 2020, 11:36 am

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 12 Scree725

For a more niche audience, but it's getting people excited.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Wed 15 Apr 2020, 11:42 am

@californiagirl wrote:The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 12 Scree725

For a more niche audience, but it's getting people excited.
@californiagirl

I'll be tuning in to anything with more Mando. I love you
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 15 Apr 2020, 12:14 pm

I think Disney will promote this series as much as possible now they've s***** up so badly with TROS.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Wed 15 Apr 2020, 1:55 pm

I feel like it got at least as much attention as TROS when it came out too. They were confident people were going to like it, and there's way more merch for it too, even back at Christmas.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 18 Apr 2020, 8:55 pm

Katee Sackhoff had a fascinating tweet "You think that don't you [shrug][wink]"

https://twitter.com/kateesackhoff/status/1251612487306244096

So I retweeted comment that tweet (which What The Force retweeted)

"Hmmm...maybe Gideon was a significant other (heartbroken), and he took the darksaber because of pettiness?

I'm not that creative, so I welcome any other out of the box thinking with this. lol Very Happy Smile"

https://twitter.com/AliaaAloha/status/1251637944756039680

I also tweeted "Gideon tried to find the light from the Empire (i.e. Captain Doza), yet...failed. (or maybe he will succeed?? Gideondemption ??? Very Happy Smile"

What the Force replied with "I’m on Gideondemption train"

Very Happy Smile I love you

Anyway, I find Katee's tweet in response to the presumption that Bo-Katan was defeated and the darksaber taken from her to be very fascinating. Hmm! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Sun 19 Apr 2020, 6:16 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Katee Sackhoff had a fascinating tweet "You think that don't you [shrug][wink]"

"Hmmm...maybe Gideon was a significant other (heartbroken), and he took the darksaber because of pettiness?

I'm not that creative, so I welcome any other out of the box thinking with this. lol Very Happy Smile"

I also tweeted "Gideon tried to find the light from the Empire (i.e. Captain Doza), yet...failed.  (or maybe he will succeed?? Gideondemption ??? Very Happy Smile"

Anyway, I find Katee's tweet in response to the presumption that Bo-Katan was defeated and the darksaber taken from her to be very fascinating. Hmm! Very Happy Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I have to admit that Moff Gideon having a SO crossed my mind, but I was thinking more in terms of him being the mystery figure in chapter 5 who finds the body of his bae, Fennec, and gets kind of mifty over it. But Bo-Katan...now that is interesting. I would kind of love to see something like that. Sounds angsty.  Very Happy And something Din would really just not be into coping with.  Razz

If there is a redemption train anywhere, you can guarantee I'm on it! I was contemplating a fanfic that features Gideon's redemption, but I feel like I need to know what makes him tick a bit more first.
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 19 Apr 2020, 1:52 pm

@12 Parsnips wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Katee Sackhoff had a fascinating tweet "You think that don't you [shrug][wink]"

I also tweeted "Gideon tried to find the light from the Empire (i.e. Captain Doza), yet...failed.  (or maybe he will succeed?? Gideondemption ??? Very Happy Smile"

@SW_Heroine_Journey

I have to admit that Moff Gideon having a SO crossed my mind, but I was thinking more in terms of him being the mystery figure in chapter 5 who finds the body of his bae, Fennec, and gets kind of mifty over it. But Bo-Katan...now that is interesting. I would kind of love to see something like that. Sounds angsty.  Very Happy And something Din would really just not be into coping with.  Razz

If there is a redemption train anywhere, you can guarantee I'm on it! I was contemplating a fanfic that features Gideon's redemption, but I feel like I need to know what makes him tick a bit more first.
@12 Parsnips

What if Fennec and Bo-Katan are both exes? lol He loves tough bad*** women, maybe? haha Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Sun 19 Apr 2020, 2:43 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:@12 Parsnips

What if Fennec and Bo-Katan are both exes? lol  He loves tough bad*** women, maybe? haha Very Happy Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Well, he's a good-looking man with beautiful eyes and a poetic way of speaking so maybe bad*** women can't resist him either... Very Happy (Cara Dune better watch herself. Wink )

Anyway, I don't see how Bo-Katan would be interested in an Imperial ISB officer involved in taking over her beloved planet, but then again...I've believed in stranger enemies-to-lovers plots. Wink
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 19 Apr 2020, 3:35 pm

@12 Parsnips wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:@12 Parsnips

What if Fennec and Bo-Katan are both exes? lol  He loves tough bad*** women, maybe? haha Very Happy Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Well, he's a good-looking man with beautiful eyes and a poetic way of speaking so maybe bad*** women can't resist him either... Very Happy (Cara Dune better watch herself. Wink )

Anyway, I don't see how Bo-Katan would be interested in an Imperial ISB officer involved in taking over her beloved planet, but then again...I've believed in stranger enemies-to-lovers plots. Wink
@12 Parsnips

Haha! Wink

I could be totally wrong. I need out of the box thinking for Katee's response to the presumption most have for how Gideon acquired the darksaber. She seems to be hinting that Bo-Katan was not defeated. So interesting! Help me with more theories! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Sun 19 Apr 2020, 4:28 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
I could be totally wrong.  I need out of the box thinking for Katee's response to the presumption most have for how Gideon acquired the darksaber.  She seems to be hinting that Bo-Katan was not defeated. So interesting! Help me with more theories! Very Happy Smile  
@SW_Heroine_Journey

*Puts on tinfoil tiarra*
All of these assume that Bo-Katan is still alive and hasn't died of like, old age or a disease or something...

1. Bo-Katan could have had some kind of alliance with Gideon (romantic or otherwise) and was not killed but betrayed and somehow left powerless/imprisoned by him in order to get the darksaber.

2. Bo-Katan could have had some kind of alliance with Gideon (romantic or otherwise) and was not killed but betrayed and somehow left powerless/imprisoned by someone else in order to get the darksaber. Gideon has gotten it back from the betrayer but cannot return it to her without magic powers like he'd get from Babyoda's DNA (?? or something). (Redemption potential!)

3. Bo-Katan was not killed but betrayed and somehow left powerless/imprisoned by someone else to get the darksaber, but now has regained power or some other asset that Moff Gideon wants. Gideon needs the darksaber to hold over her head or negotiate with, but since that is too nicey nicey, he needs some kind of secret weapon he can use to take over this asset regardless, and that's why he needs Babyoda.

4. Bo-Katan willingly gives Moff Gideon the darksaber in order to save Korkie. (Thanks, Auntie!)

That's all I got for now... I have trouble wrapping my mind around Bo-Katan doing anything for sentimental reasons!
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Thu 23 Apr 2020, 8:55 am

Trailer for the Mandalorian documentary series (because of course there's one):

Star Wars is about hope? It's about family?? You should come away uplifted because we need that???

*sigh*
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Fri 08 May 2020, 6:40 pm

Looks like Temeura Morrison is going to be in Mandolorian season 2. Yay!

He's playing Boba Fett....I mean, expected. But still Boba should stay dead in the sarlacc pit.

Can I hope against hope that he plays a somehow de aged Rex? I love you
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 08 May 2020, 8:31 pm

I was nervous - sorry! - about the Boba Fett news, until What the Force? had excellent points, which eased my concerns. This has the potential to be very mythic.

https://twitter.com/Wtforceshow

And if by chance the trades are incorrect, and he's playing Rex instead of Boba, perfect! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sat 09 May 2020, 12:34 am

Anyone been watching the Disney Gallery episodes? The group of people making this show get SW so much. The new one had this entire monologue-essay from Filoni about TPM and RotJ. Makes me wonder if the ST, or at least TFA and TLJ, will get official, levelheaded dissections in 15-20 years.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Sat 09 May 2020, 7:40 am

@californiagirl wrote:Anyone been watching the Disney Gallery episodes? The group of people making this show get SW so much. The new one had this entire monologue-essay from Filoni about TPM and RotJ. Makes me wonder if the ST, or at least TFA and TLJ, will get official, levelheaded dissections in 15-20 years.
@californiagirl

Yes, I've been watching. That Filoni monologue made me cry. Someone who understands the myth and had even the other directors in thrall over the beauty of the story... Where were you, Dave, with your "Star Wars is about family and hope, and it should be uplifting because we need that" when we got TRoS? Sad
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 11 May 2020, 6:23 am

Some rumors indicate Morrison will play Boba and Rex. Also rumor that Sabine Wren willappear with Ahsoka. They are all slated for just 1 episode that should serve as a launch for Ahsoka show.

I think that boy Ben Solo will appear in Mando and/or those other shows set post-ROTJ eventually. It makes sense and they will want to connect somehow to ST to keep it relevant.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Mon 11 May 2020, 10:28 am

I just hope it doesn't confuse the GA, since even most people who watch Mando don't know about TCW/Rebels and their characters. The nice thing about this show is that it stood on it's own and didn't hinge itself on saga/preexisting characters.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 11 May 2020, 10:46 am

I don't like addition of these pre-existing characters because it reminds me of early Marvel phases where they were always setting future things up so no movie really stood alone. Each had some boring SHIELD scene that was meant to tie in with future movie X.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Mon 11 May 2020, 2:24 pm

I assume they will be introduced knowing that the GA are not familiar with them. These were the same concerns that people had about Rebels and general consensus is that the returning characters were well utilized.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 11 May 2020, 3:14 pm

Mark is now hired to shill for Mando lol.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Tue 30 Jun 2020, 1:29 pm

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-publishing-program-revealed-exclusive

Mando's got a new slate of books. Looks like there's an original novel. And this is probably just the first wave. There's already a built-in audience for this, plus they just finished the docuseries a couple weeks ago. That Mandalorian content train keeps rolling. Probably an easier sell than all-new (and delayed) HL stuff, so they don't put all their eggs in one basket. At least SW has one guaranteed moneymaker that isn't the OT.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 30 Jun 2020, 2:02 pm

I saw an ET article which started with the words:
"The Skywalker saga is over, the future is Disney+, "
This sums it up exactly, now they've gotten rid of Lucas's pesky little first family they obviously intend to focus on their own material.
Mando is good, but for all their crowing about the Skywalkers being over and done with.....what about Obi Wan? He might not be a Skywalker but he's Lucas's not Disney's.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum