Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 7 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by californiagirl on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:02 pm

@rey09 Yup, no KOR and no sith troopers which surprised me. No Kux or REG?

@Gemini I was happy that he got to do the first third-ish of the trailer, and John seems really happy with his role, moreso than with TLJ. He got to do lots of stunts and maybe be a bad***? Honestly, every character, not just Finn, sort of took a backseat to Reylo in this trailer.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 7 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by Gemini on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:05 pm

@californiagirl wrote:@rey09 Yup, no KOR and no sith troopers which surprised me. No Kux or REG?

@Gemini I was happy that he got to do the first third-ish of the trailer, and John seems really happy with his role, moreso than with TLJ. He got to do lots of stunts and maybe be a bad***? Honestly, every character, not just Finn, sort of took a backseat to Reylo in this trailer.
@californiagirl

True

Whatever connection is between kylo and rey..its the main focus for sure, so much so that palp is using it to undo them both.. lawd.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:05 pm

Omg...this is haunting. Having PTSD. *telling myself SW is a fairytale SW is a fairytale SW is a fairytale SW is a fairytale*

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 7 Screen27

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:09 pm

@rey09 Rey and Kylo don't look very aggressive in this scene. And SW is not an M-rated HBO drama. The whole trailer practically oozed hope and friendship and togetherness.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:12 pm

Kylo fookin drenched in water

That boy is reborn and sins washed away by the age of aquarius.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:12 pm

@californiagirl wrote:@rey09 Rey and Kylo don't look very aggressive in this scene. And SW is not an M-rated HBO drama. The whole trailer practically oozed hope and friendship and togetherness.
@californiagirl

Well the panic over the confirmation of leaks has the doubt coming thru but I agree I remain 98% optimistic lol.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:14 pm

I feel like Finn doing the first narration and saying "The force brought us together" makes me feel like the old Finn is back. Also, when Luke says "Is the destiny of a Jedi" it's so Luke, it's great! I thought the next voice that says "Your destiny" wasn't Luke - at first I thought it was Obi-wan, but I think it might be Anakin, yo, listen again!

I loved it, totally teared up when Threepio says "My friends" and Chewie howls.

Also, wet Kylo, come on!
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:27 pm

Yeah, I'm almost sure of it. "Your Destiny" at 1:43 is Hayden Christensen speaking.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:28 pm

I don't love the trailer. But I don't hate it. I liked TLJ's better. I liked TLJ's marketing and posters better too.

So Kylo's helmet is on...then off...then on again?
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:31 pm

I'm wondering why if we assume palps is talking about reylo, how coming together will be their undoing? Because then the end can only mean the opp of what he means, that they will end him together.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:32 pm

I'm seeing a lot of discourse online about the no Paplatine 100% in the flesh confirmation. Which is true but there is somebody in that cloak. you can see fingers rising for a split second.
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 7 Screen12
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by KiraRen2015 on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:34 pm

I'm with you all on how TLJ's trailer was more exciting but I gotta say, I'm actually happy that they are marketing it this way. It seems they've learnt their lesson about misdirecting things for a big surprise (something that went horribly wrong for them for TLJ and especially TFA). They are full on giving romantic Reylo with understanding between them and hints at redemption. No big bad Supreme Leader Kylo Ren in sight. I couldn't be more happier personally!
KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:35 pm

Also what I just remembered we need to keep in mind is that this is a less than two and a half minute trailer for an over two and a half hour film. There's really only so much they can cram here. I'm not too worried about other characters getting sidelined, this was a mostly one-track piece of marketing with one focus. And to think we were just talking about how there were too many plotlines and characters and things that need to or are going to happen, now we think it's not enough of other things!

Also, someone is saying the author of the TROS novel is liking posts comparing Reylo to Darcy and P&P. So that's nice.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:38 pm

I'm gonna say it..something is weird with how they are hiding a villain we already know in mystery..

They will not show his face.. just his disembodied voice.. approaching rey..his black cloak

What are they hiding with palpatine?

I have a theory but I'm keeping this to myself because it's crazy and no it's not Obi under there lol!

Last edited by Gemini on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:39 pm

@Gemini wrote:I'm gonna say it..something is weird with how they are hiding a villain we already know in mystery..

They will not show his face.. just his disembodied voice.. approaching rey..his black cloak

What are they hiding

I have a theory but I'm keeping this to myself because it's crazy
@Gemini

uhhh pm me your theory. I'm down for crazy.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:40 pm

@SheLitAFire wrote:
@Gemini wrote:I'm gonna say it..something is weird with how they are hiding a villain we already know in mystery..

What are they hiding

@Gemini

@SheLitAFire

Same. Cause SOMEONE is in that cloak lol
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:40 pm

@Gemini I just mentioned a couple days ago something seems really weird about the Palpatine thing. I can't fully put my finger in it. I'll keep my crack theory about there being a totally other threat they're not telling us about, and Palpatine is the lure to get people talking.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:40 pm

What are they hiding with palpatine?

I have a theory but I'm keeping this to myself because it's crazy and no it's not Obi under there lol!
@Gemini

Lol ok well now you gotta tell us!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:41 pm

@SheLitAFire wrote:

What are they hiding

@Gemini

@SheLitAFire

I'm  not saying its obi wan..lol

I heard there is another dark side, force  user running around...

I think it might be Pryde..
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:46 pm

I mean for gods sake, they literally used a puppet palpatine on the poster..a freaking toy palpatine.. maybe that wasnt a mistake! Lol
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:49 pm

Um yeah, where is Richard E. Grant???

Anyways, one thing with the V/Os, besides "I do" as the response to "People say they know who I am but they don't" is that his appearance also follows after the "Good people will join the fight if we lead them."
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:49 pm

At the same time, they appear to be destroying whatever or whoever that is in the trailer. Would they really show the death of the main villain in the trailer? Unless it's not Palpatine, or the biggest bad is something else.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:50 pm

@californiagirl wrote:@Gemini I just mentioned a couple days ago something seems really weird about the Palpatine thing. I can't fully put my finger in it. I'll keep my crack theory about there being a totally other threat they're not telling us about, and Palpatine is the lure to get people talking.
@californiagirl

Yah, I think you are on the money!..and i was wrong when I said Maul

It might be Pryde? He may have force powers...now what would be his connection to Rey?

Last edited by Gemini on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:50 pm

@Gemini wrote:
@SheLitAFire wrote:

What are they hiding

@Gemini

@SheLitAFire

I'm  not saying its obi wan..lol

I heard there is another dark side, force  user running around...

I think it might be Pryde..
@Gemini
It's possible, when Richard E. Grant had his first reunion with JJ, Daisy was there...
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:58 pm

Dear God...now my mind is hurting

Ok so there is a rey kenobi hint there right as this dude in the cloak approaches  "force will be with you always"

I think that may be Pryde pretending to be Palpatine, hence they are cloaking him in mystery, hes been using his dark side force abilities to trick them into thinking he is Palpatine

REG read with daisy ???

He is her father and and a dark  force user?

Us Kenobi folks have long suspected Pryde to be Korkie Kryze,

Nah

I wanted rey kenobi but not like that God damn

Yeah that's a crack theory.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum