Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Page 19 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 19 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by Moonlight13 on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 12:38 pm

Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 19 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by special_cases on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 12:51 pm

edit: Nevermind I watched wrong TV spot
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 1:12 pm

Looks like this movie will be a long sequence of Rey beating Kylo.

Spoiler:
Just for, in the end, we have him helping her and die.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 1:34 pm

@Atenais wrote:Looks like this movie will be a long sequence of Rey beating Kylo.

Spoiler:
@Atenais

Oh come on! That can't happen. I choose to believe is all misleading, it's my only hope. Crying or Very sad
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 1:40 pm

@Atenais wrote:Looks like this movie will be a long sequence of Rey beating Kylo.

Spoiler:
@Atenais
To be completely clear...

Spoiler:
Rey is winning because she's essentially channeling her anger and the dark side by this point. It has been growing throughout the film. It's not a positive "win" for her, it's what makes her exile herself. She absolutely despises and fears her own powers and capabilities and questions everything she stands for - she abandons the Resistance and her friends. It's not just Rey beating up Kylo, it's Rey going down a particular path for a particular reason.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 1:41 pm

@tukicarreno wrote:

Spoiler:
@Atenais

Oh come on! That can't happen. I choose to believe is all misleading, it's my only hope. Crying or Very sad
@tukicarreno

If they're misleading us, they are doing it in a way that make Rey very unpleasant for us, Kylo stans.

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

Spoiler:
@Atenais
To be completely clear...

Spoiler:
Rey is winning because she's essentially channeling her anger and the dark side by this point. It has been growing throughout the film. It's not a positive "win" for her, it's what makes her exile herself. She absolutely despises and fears her own powers and capabilities and questions everything she stands for - she abandons the Resistance and her friends. It's not just Rey beating up Kylo, it's Rey going down a particular path for a particular reason.
@FrolickingFizzgig

But what we see rn is very upsetting. GA doesn't know all these nuances of the story we keep talking about in our corner of the fandom. Look out there, everybody is just talking how strong she is and how weak Kylo is. Kylo stans everywhere are not happy.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 2:14 pm

Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 2:21 pm

@Moonlight13

It's funny how they talk about family, when the only member of Skywalker family doesn't even show in the video.

It's all about the trio, the trio, the trio. Now I understand why they aren't using Adam to promote the movie. Makes sense.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 2:30 pm

It's just on this side of being distasteful to use Carrie, and Carrie and Harrison especially, in this way to prop this trio in this clip, imho. Because one particular family of this family saga (Leia and Kylo, and Skywalkers) it does not.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 2:42 pm

I'm honestly tired hearing about "the trio" and about picking your own family, ect. What about Kylo? What about his loneliness and his lack of family and his situation in all of this? The way they're marketing this movie, as a Kylo stan, doesn't really make me want to see it.

Nyx
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 2:47 pm

@Nyx wrote:I'm honestly tired hearing about "the trio" and about picking your own family, ect. What about Kylo? What about his loneliness and his lack of family and his situation in all of this? The way they're marketing this movie, as a Kylo stan, doesn't really make me want to see it.
@Nyx

Same.

Today, Daisy, John and Oscar attended a major [geek] event in my country. The only thing the whole press talks about right now, it's about the trio. In the beginning of this event, they showed an extended version of the chase scene in the desert, with the trio. To press and media, they talked... about the trio, Daisy said that, "Although part of Rey's journey is trying to understand the past, I always believe that we choose our family. For Rey, the first was Finn. I hope this will be the message."

I can't believe they are misleading us at this extent, they are clearly selling the idea of the trio. Maybe thinking of series/comics/movies after TROS.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 3:29 pm

To be fair, they also push the dynamic between Kylo and Rey. It's only that they don't do it the way we - Reylos - wish, focusing on the adversity. But as J.J. said "whatever links them will pull them together" so I am not worried. They are obviously much more secretive and nervous about leaks surrounding Kylo than any other character. That tells us where the story is although I of course would wish to see at least one image of Adam in these featurette because it doesn't feels like he is really part of that Star Wars family. But I am not so surprised given how focus he seemed on his role on set: I think he got along well with the others but it doesn't feel like he bonded like i.e. John and Daisy. The "besties" thing sounded more like pushing the interest in the dynamic to prepare the audience for nice interactions.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscarborough-fairo on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 3:31 pm

I hope they're really not dumb enough to think Rey, Finn, and Poe can carry this franchise past this trilogy.This is not the Skywalker saga anymore it is the rise and dominance of Rey. Please, don't tell me you haven't noticed that Rey behaves like an abuser....this is not the TLJ/TFA reylo anymore...

The last Skywalker episode....and they keep forcing this fake trio s*** on the audience...let me tell you something...60% of the GA wouldnt give a single f**** about the sequels if Adam Driver's Ben Solo wasn't there. It's true for Europe and in Asia. Nobody cares about the marketing trio there. At all.

Besides Daisy's last comment on taking Adam down is incredibly disrespectful.

DLF will lose a lot of money I have a feeling 🤢

Oscarborough-fairo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 3:51 pm

@reylo1992 wrote:To be fair, they also push the dynamic between Kylo and Rey. It's only that they don't do it the way we - Reylos - wish, focusing on the adversity. But as J.J. said "whatever links them will pull them together" so I am not worried. They are obviously much more secretive and nervous about leaks surrounding Kylo than any other character. That tells us where the story is although I of course would wish to see at least one image of Adam in these featurette because it doesn't feels like he is really part of that Star Wars family. But I am not so surprised given how focus he seemed on his role on set: I think he got along well with the others but it doesn't feel like he bonded like i.e. John and Daisy. The "besties" thing sounded more like pushing the interest in the dynamic to prepare the audience for nice interactions.
@reylo1992

I don't see how they are pushing their dynamic. He's the known villain, if they don't show her fighting him, with whom she would fight? They can't show Palps, since he is the big secret.

Despite Reylos thinking they are the crème de la crème in the fandom, there's lot of fans out there. The way I see, they're fully promoting the trio right now. Obviously they have commercial targets with their promotion.

Last edited by Atenais on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 4:03 pm

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 4:08 pm

@Atenais wrote:
@reylo1992 wrote:To be fair, they also push the dynamic between Kylo and Rey. It's only that they don't do it the way we - Reylos - wish, focusing on the adversity. But as J.J. said "whatever links them will pull them together" so I am not worried. They are obviously much more secretive and nervous about leaks surrounding Kylo than any other character. That tells us where the story is although I of course would wish to see at least one image of Adam in these featurette because it doesn't feels like he is really part of that Star Wars family. But I am not so surprised given how focus he seemed on his role on set: I think he got along well with the others but it doesn't feel like he bonded like i.e. John and Daisy. The "besties" thing sounded more like pushing the interest in the dynamic to prepare the audience for nice interactions.
@reylo1992

I don't see how they are pushing their dynamic. He's the know villain, if they don't show her fighting him, with whom she would fight? They can't show Palps, since he is the big secret.

Despite Reylos thinking they are the crème de la crème in the fandom, there's lot of fans out there. The way I see, they're fully promoting the trio right now. Obviously they have commercial targets with their promotion.
@Atenais

They spent millions of dollars creating the #reyandkylo & #kyloandrey hashtags. They gave us article like Lust in space & tons of comments about them being each other's unresolved business and kept debunking theories from other parts of the fandom (i.e. Solosiblings, Finnreys) . They made it more than clear that the story is about them. I find it normal that they wanna please the rest of the fandom, especially those who are disappointed because their theories/ships were debunked. How would we feel if Reylo had been debunked? Plus, it's also nice that we finally get to see this trio in action: people complained that we never got to see Finn, Poe and Rey together like in the OT. On top of that, they still made sure to drop a TV spot showing Poe yelling at Rey while their sweet introduction  ("I'm Rey / I know) created Damerey in the fandom. What do we want more? Our ship sails pretty well. No major reason to complain in my mind except for the absence of Adam in the marketing but I tend to believe that it's worth to wait.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 4:33 pm

It's marketing. That's what they want us to believe. We weren't complaining when Adam and Daisy kept calling each other besties before TLJ. I am persuaded that Adam will be given his right place in the marketing once the movie is out: it's clear that the real mystery is about him. TROS will be about some quest so it makes sense that Rey gets to spend time with Finn and Poe instead of going all alone otherwise it would be as if Harry had gone alone without Ron & Hermione. Although I loved the Reylo scenes in TLJ, Kylo spent most of the movie interacting with Rey from his ship with no particular mission to fulfill. Now that Rey and Kylo can Force Skype, they can interact at any moment even if they both have their own stuff on different planets. Plus Daisy confirmed that there would a lot of emotional stuff going on between them. We will probably get flashback / visions / dreams through the depth of their connection going stronger no matter whether they really spend time together or not.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 4:44 pm

Kylo was barely present in the smaller marketing BTS shots for TLJ as well. All the bigger promos like posters, real trailers, billboards, etc. are Kylo and Rey heavy, but there's always an emphasis on the less "spoilery" stuff for the smaller promos. That's all. Even if the movie is Skywalker Titanic and concludes on a rather bittersweet note, it's still going to be Reylo heavy because that relationship will be the major support of the ending.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscarborough-fairo on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 4:58 pm

This is not the Skywalker saga anymore it is the rise and dominance of Rey. 

Oscarborough-fairo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 4:59 pm

They've been very pro-reylo thus far, they've given us heavy stuff already. Not worried at all. Reylo is Plot A so there is only so much they will do/say, and like i said, they've been very very generous already.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 5:05 pm

I'm not surprised they're pushing the trio thing. It's non existent in the movies so maybe they think they talk about it enough people will have some emotional investment in it.

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 5:11 pm

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 19 Captur83

Spoiler:

Rey faints; Ben awakens Question
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 19 Vy38m110
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 19 Elm4j910

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 19 Giphy10
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 5:39 pm

Like @FrolickingFizzgig said, if they want to show new footage, they have to show something safe. What's safe? The "trio", even if it's kind of forced since it wasn't really a thing at all until this movie. Things that are early in the film, thus giving away the least actual information possible. The Pasaana chase fits both those criteria. What's not safe? Kylo. Reylo. Palpatine. Luke. Apparently Pryde. Leia, since there's limited footage of her. Things later in the film. They keep showing bits from the same scenes over and over, the Pasaana one and the DS one, because they aren't willing to show more revealing things from their two and a half hour film. That's it, that the reasoning.

I really, truly do not understand the phenomena where we act like there has never been any pro-Kylo or pro-Reylo advertising anywhere, and we've never heard Adam say anything, and LF and Disney and the filmmakers all don't care about Kylo. He's always been the most spoilery character, and both films have delivered on him far more than could have possibly been anticipated from marketing. And there's been loads of Reylo/Kylo stuff this year, more than ever before. But because the trio is a thing apparently, and Rey is really powerful and sometimes does things that aren't great, that means that's all the entire movie is going to be about, and also everyone hates Kylo. Not to be harsh, but... like... really? No one else has ever said anything else about TROS ever? I actually thought there was a phase a couple months back where it was all Rey/Kylo, and very little of the rest of the sizable cast.

We have very specific interests, and they're crucial to the story, but that's not the entire movie, nor should it be, not with an ensemble cast epic of this nature. Also our interests happen to be the most secretive parts of the movie, so there's that going on.

I wrote a long post on another thread, but to summarize, I don't know what people want from Rey. I'm simultaneously hearing that she's a bad, awful, abusive person, but is also a perfect, flawless person, and we dislike her for both reasons. No matter what she does or doesn't do, or how she's written or portrayed, there is always something fundamentally wrong with her. I am baffled at the surprise that she in central in marketing and that this is some new, horrible direction to go in. She's always had the most screen time of any of the characters because she's the protagonist. It looks like we're getting way more Kylo in this movie as well, they are no longer separated by an entire galaxy like in much of TLJ.

I think dealing with the violent, aggressive, rash tendencies she has, which I think makes her sound like Kylo, Anakin, and ROTJ Luke, is one of the big things she's going to have to deal with here. Some people think aggressive, angry Rey is empowering, but I think that's at least partially audience beliefs independent of SW that can cross into other media. I do not think this is framed a positive development for her.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 9:20 pm

Lol, what trio? Have the three even interacted together on screen?

No Laughing

Han, Luke and Leia they are not.

Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 9:36 pm

Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum