Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by special_cases on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 2:10 pm

This is so refreshing and exciting to see something NEW in TROS. Not a desert, not ship battles, not Death Star.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1903
Likes : 10358
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by unicorn on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 2:10 pm

Oh wow Exclamation
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 263
Likes : 1047
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25
Localisation : Germany

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by giaciak2 on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 2:11 pm

Guys, in I didn't understand what happened? I only saw Kylo walks into a castle. Are there any rumors? Or do I miss something?
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 719
Likes : 2042
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10
Localisation : Rome

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by californiagirl on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 2:13 pm

@giaciak2 There's audio where Palaptine calls him "my boy" and says he's every voice he's ever heard in his head, but it's Snoke and Vader saying parts of the sentence too. This is hands down going to be the creepiest, scariest Palpatine we've seen, JJ wasn't kidding about TROS.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2581
Likes : 13259
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by lauvamp on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 2:18 pm

I have just watched it, AMAZING Help Stretcher

Are they preparing the audience to accept Kylo/Ben character as a hero?
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 360
Likes : 1797
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-18
Localisation : Barcelona, SPAIN

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by SkyStar on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 2:19 pm

Ok wow this is scarry and creepy and amazing as hell. Poor Ben.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1572
Likes : 7696
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-01

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 2:19 pm

@californiagirl wrote:@giaciak2 There's audio where Palaptine calls him "my boy" and says he's every voice he's ever heard in his head, but it's Snoke and Vader saying parts of the sentence too. This is hands down going to be the creepiest, scariest Palpatine we've seen, JJ wasn't kidding about TROS.
@californiagirl
I called it a million years ago (whether it was Snoke or Palpw is irrelevant) but hearing it is so awful and disturbing and ugh. My boy.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4612
Likes : 39394
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 25
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by giaciak2 on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 2:21 pm

@californiagirl wrote:@giaciak2 There's audio where Palaptine calls him "my boy" and says he's every voice he's ever heard in his head, but it's Snoke and Vader saying parts of the sentence too. This is hands down going to be the creepiest, scariest Palpatine we've seen, JJ wasn't kidding about TROS.
@californiagirl

O M G ! Shocked

Tell me there's still hope for Ben Solo and Rey ... I'm getting tired of the roller coaster.

I wonder why they managed marketing this way ...
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 719
Likes : 2042
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10
Localisation : Rome

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by californiagirl on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 2:30 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig Really, I didn't think we could get ickier than Snoke, but here we are. It's so good (by which I also mean in-world bad). Whether it was Snoke or Palpatine referenced with the mask scene in TFA, or if it changed, it almost doesn't matter, the general concept still stands.

@giaciak2 Of course there's hope! If anything, this just bodes better for Kylo's story, since he's learning he's been totally duped by the dark side the whole time.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2581
Likes : 13259
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by Night Huntress on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 3:35 pm

OK, I admit this looks really cool and creepy- I love it!
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1956
Likes : 9714
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 38
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by reylo1992 on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 3:45 pm

Me too.. And if Palpatine turns out to be just some Space Wizard of Oz - not as powerful as he looks - I would find that even greater.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1721
Likes : 7034
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-22

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by nana7marie on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 4:06 pm

JFC, I WAS AWAY RELAXING IN THE SAUNA AND COME BACK TO THIS AND MIGHT’VE SH*T MY PANTS JUST NOW! Shocked Shocked Shocked Stretcher Stretcher Stretcher
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 428
Likes : 2282
Date d'inscription : 2018-02-04
Age : 32
Localisation : Poland

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by ZioRen on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 4:15 pm

Ah, and just as some of us were starting to wonder if they'd ever solidly address whether Ben Solo was really being mentally manipulated (which antis have vehemently denied and called us delusional fangirls for thinking), they go and make it clear in a trailer within one swift sentence. Love that for us!

All that's left is for them to confirm Palps was messing with Ben while he was still in the womb. That's the other argument point after that novel.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3117
Likes : 21568
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by Night Huntress on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 4:20 pm

@ZioRen wrote:Ah, and just as some of us were starting to wonder if they'd ever solidly address whether Ben Solo was really being mentally messed with (which antis have vehemently denied and called us delusional fangirls for thinking), they go and make it clear in a trailer within one swift sentence. Love that for us!
@ZioRen

to be clear- I'm not caring for any of our theories to be proven right as long as they give us a good story...but I kind of getting a kick out of this. Not because we were right once again, but because we read the overall theme of the ST correctly despite all the mockery and ridicule of the antis.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1956
Likes : 9714
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 38
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 4:26 pm

I love this song. Inb4 the woobifying comments begin anew.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4612
Likes : 39394
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 25
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by ZioRen on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 4:29 pm

@Night Huntress wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:Ah, and just as some of us were starting to wonder if they'd ever solidly address whether Ben Solo was really being mentally messed with (which antis have vehemently denied and called us delusional fangirls for thinking), they go and make it clear in a trailer within one swift sentence. Love that for us!
@ZioRen

to be clear- I'm not caring for any of our theories to be proven right as long as they give us a good story...but I kind of getting a kick out of this. Not because we were right once again, but because we read the overall theme of the ST correctly despite all the mockery and ridicule of the antis.
@Night Huntress

That's the thing. It became about being right, but only because they took even the most mild of our incredibly logical theories and interpretations of the story and acted like we were just crazy because Kylo hot. Wow, turns out we're right and that's not true. AGAIN. I forgive us for being a lil smug. Laughing

Okay, the 'Ben manipulated in the womb' thing is definitely based on just one possible interpretation of a somewhat vague text but darn it, I want that to be right to just to laugh.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3117
Likes : 21568
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by special_cases on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 4:33 pm

@ZioRen wrote:Ah, and just as some of us were starting to wonder if they'd ever solidly address whether Ben Solo was really being mentally manipulated (which antis have vehemently denied and called us delusional fangirls for thinking), they go and make it clear in a trailer within one swift sentence. Love that for us!

All that's left is for them to confirm Palps was messing with Ben while he was still in the womb. That's the other argument point after that novel.
@ZioRen

I'm forever amazed that they did it with ONE SENTENCE.

lol! lol! lol!
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1903
Likes : 10358
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by ZioRen on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 4:38 pm

@special_cases wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:Ah, and just as some of us were starting to wonder if they'd ever solidly address whether Ben Solo was really being mentally manipulated (which antis have vehemently denied and called us delusional fangirls for thinking), they go and make it clear in a trailer within one swift sentence. Love that for us!

All that's left is for them to confirm Palps was messing with Ben while he was still in the womb. That's the other argument point after that novel.
@ZioRen

I'm forever amazed that they did it with ONE SENTENCE.

lol! lol! lol!
@special_cases

However salty I've sounded at JJ lately, I will always acknowledge that he is Kylo Apologist #1 and has been from the start. It's honestly amazing.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3117
Likes : 21568
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by californiagirl on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 4:43 pm

The fact that this, and the Amazon one, both a minute and a half long, came out at almost the same time seems strange. These are made well in advance of being actually released. But I do wonder if, in the case of PR emergency, they can put out something ahead of schedule, like this Kylo/Palpatine trailer. The timing is, at the very least, fortuitous.

Also, this has inevitably sent some people into a tailspin of how stories need to stop giving reasons or secret influences and let villains be villains because that's not how character arcs work. Wow, didn't know all villains were the same and all had the same arcs. Razz Really though, there are other pure villains in this movie if you need it.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2581
Likes : 13259
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by nana7marie on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 5:34 pm

@californiagirl wrote:The fact that this, and the Amazon one, both a minute and a half long, came out at almost the same time seems strange. These are made well in advance of being actually released. But I do wonder if, in the case of PR emergency, they can put out something ahead of schedule, like this Kylo/Palpatine trailer. The timing is, at the very least, fortuitous.

Also, this has inevitably sent some people into a tailspin of how stories need to stop giving reasons or secret influences and let villains be villains because that's not how character arcs work. Wow, didn't know all villains were the same and all had the same arcs. Razz Really though, there are other pure villains in this movie if you need it.
@californiagirl
LMAO, yes, saw that on Twitter! Lolilol
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 428
Likes : 2282
Date d'inscription : 2018-02-04
Age : 32
Localisation : Poland

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by Atenais on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 5:43 pm

TBH, I'm startled. I have no words and I'm very surprised they released this clip. Wow!

I ask myself if they would always release this clip or if it's some kinda of damage control, after promoting the trio ad nauseam.

@ZioRen wrote:That's the thing. It became about being right, but only because they took even the most mild of our incredibly logical theories and interpretations of the story and acted like we were just crazy because Kylo hot. Wow, turns out we're right and that's not true. AGAIN. I forgive us for being a lil smug. Laughing

Okay, the 'Ben manipulated in the womb' thing is definitely based on just one possible interpretation of a somewhat vague text but darn it, I want that to be right to just to laugh.
@ZioRen

I was always so mad when I heard it. It's about logic, about reading the signs in the movie.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1112
Likes : 5323
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : Brazil

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by tukicarreno on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 6:33 pm

@nana7marie wrote:JFC, I WAS AWAY RELAXING IN THE SAUNA AND COME BACK TO THIS AND MIGHT’VE SH*T MY PANTS JUST NOW! Shocked Shocked Shocked Stretcher Stretcher Stretcher
@nana7marie

I know! This clip was AWESOME and yes how creepy is Palpatine. He's been planning this all along!
Poor Ben, I hope and pray he gets to live after all of this is said and done. Pls JJ... I love you
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 866
Likes : 3636
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by Atenais on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 8:26 pm

Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1112
Likes : 5323
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : Brazil

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by Night Huntress on Fri 13 Dec 2019, 12:53 am

@Atenais

Why is Rey looking so in awe at her hands in the scene where Kylo is walking towards her? Confus
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1956
Likes : 9714
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 38
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by snufkin on Fri 13 Dec 2019, 1:09 am

@FrolickingFizzgig What was that JJ quote about haunted houses we were discussing? This is it.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8630
Likes : 40453
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum