Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by OrionStars on Wed 16 Oct 2019, 11:39 pm

@nana7marie

Yeah, it's too good to be true. The marketing for TROS so far is really generic and boring, unlike TLJ. Some Reylos on twitter even said probably LFL told a newbie to design the newest poster because it looked like a bad photoshop attempt. I'm afraid to get my hope up so I think the money shot of the trailer probably will be Palpy chilling on a new throne and it will end with "The Senate is back for your Christmas" or something similar.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Gemini on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 2:13 am

@OrionStars wrote:@nana7marie

Yeah, it's too good to be true. The marketing for TROS so far is really generic and boring, unlike TLJ. Some Reylos on twitter even said probably LFL told a newbie to design the newest poster because it looked like a bad photoshop attempt. I'm afraid to get my hope up so I think the money shot of the trailer probably will be Palpy chilling on a new throne and it will end with  "The Senate is back for your Christmas" or something similar.
@OrionStars

The poster where they put a toy doll palpatine?

In think the bottom is beautiful and the lightning, but  yeah....the toy doll..
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 2:28 am

Rose thinking about Finn , so cute Smile

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 Tumblr_pzh7aj3La31qkpzajo1_540

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 8863c7918d73aaa6273ff0882ab1c0d6ab12d774

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 2:40 am

@nana7marie wrote:@Gemini Here you go:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 745cd410
source

Alas, I don’t believe it to be true - it’s too good Razz . However, if it’s legit Stretcher
@nana7marie

you gave me a heart attack, in a positive sense !!!.

Jason Fry. :

Kylo Ren, a damaged anti-hero trying to prove himself as a villain while longing for a connection to anything else… That said, I was certainly aware that I was writing a middle chapter of a story that’s yet to be finished, and I was cautious about not stepping on anything that might be better explored in the concluding chapter. That’s why, for instance, you don’t get a lot of interior thoughts from Rey or Kylo after the throne-room duel. Those motivations belong to Episode IX wrote:

Kylo Ren, a damaged anti-hero trying to prove himself as a villain .
A N T I - H E R O
A central character in a story, film, or drama who lacks conventional heroic attributes.!!!
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 9:37 am

Daisy Ridley assures 'this Reylo thing' will be addressed in The Rise of Skywalker

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 547cde10

Hmm... Neutral

Either, the toxicity is removed (redemption) so that more people will accept the romantic connection, or Rey Eleven-style “dumps his a**” for good. Hoping it’s the first of course Razz How can it not be?

Last edited by Cowgirlsamurai on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 9:39 am

NEW DAISY INTERVIEW!!!

https://ew.com/movies/2019/10/17/daisy-ridley-reylo-star-wars/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

“Daisy Ridley is aware of fans’ Rey and Kylo Ren shipping, and has some new things to say about how their connection will be handled in the final Skywalker Saga film.

The Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker star was asked about the ambiguous relationship between her heroic rebel and Adam Driver‘s villainous First Order leader. The two are not entirely enemies. They’re certainly not friends. They don’t seem to not be attracted to each other. There’s just a lot of kind-of-hard-to-pin down tension floating around that’s led to all sorts of speculation, debates and romantic fan art.

It does not bother me, people writing theories,” Ridley said. “It’s really fun hearing them. Plus, because I know what’s sort of going to happen, I think it’ll be really interesting to see people’s reaction to [the final film]. Obviously, there’s this whole Reylo thing and some people are very passionate about it, some aren’t.”

Ridley hinted that the seemingly romantic connection isn’t left unaddressed by director J.J. Abrams in The Rise of Skywalker.

“J.J. does deal it [it],” she added. “It’s a very complex issue. People talk about toxic relationships and whatever it is. It’s no joke and I think it’s dealt with really well because it’s not skimmed over.”

IMO Daisy mentions the toxic thing probably because as in stands, their relationship can be considered “toxic”. Im pretty sure its “dealt with” because Kylo has a redemption, and displays an act of selfless love before Reylo happens!

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 9:46 am

Oh god, the TROS marketing isn't vague enough huh?

Why does her answer sound like
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 T1hBmRU

and NeVeR tO bE SeEn agAiN  lol!
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by reynpain on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 9:48 am

The interview hasn't even been out 30min and I've already seen people wildly celebrating/despairing.

I've seen 2 interpretations so far:
1. "Deals with it" -> Daisy confirming that reylo is acknowledged and explored in TROS. "Not skimmed over" ->  significant time will be dedicated to it.
2. "Deals with it" -> Daisy flippantly confirming it's acknowledged/touched upon, but won't be a major plot point. "Not skimmed over" -> kylo gets put through the wringer/pays the price for his "toxic" behaviour.

Yeesh, not really sure what to make of it, to be honest.
reynpain
reynpain
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 9:52 am

I can't stand it when the word toxic is used however sounds promising to the possible level of depth of rey and kylo's conversations. We all think he's going to do a big major act of love for her, but even on a simpler note, admitting his major faults and how he's better because of her.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 9:57 am

"Deals with it" certainly sounds very bad for Reylo but I wouldn't judge about all of it by one quote. But yeah, I think it pretty much confirms that it will be one-sided until Ben's redeemed.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 10:02 am

To me with my rose colored confirmation bias glasses on... they way Daisy words things this push and pull "attraction" not attraction screams

whispers..

Rey Kenobi

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 Giphy
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 10:03 am

Honestly I feel like shes trying to please both sets of fans by acknowledging the ppl who have an issue with Reylo. Like Lucasfilm probs dont want any of the cast alientating a set of fans (unfortunately).Thats why shes being ambiguous, but she says its being tackled and is dealt with yay, and she cant give ANYTHING away. I feel like she knows its the biggest spoiler in the film and its the question shes been getting the most, its what will lead to bums in seats (Kylos fate). So shes trying to be as discreet as possible to not give too much away.

Last edited by Riri on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 10:04 am

@reynpain

Yeah, it's a vague answer, a bait, or smart PR game, it's all up to people's perception.  They won't outrightly discourage both sides Reylos and anti-Reylo because they still want to milk everyone's wallet in December. Some Reylos on social media start depressing because they're already tired after years of being abused and mistreated.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 10:08 am

Why are people despairing? Daisy has always framed the discussion in this way, and she actually sounds a lot more upbeat about it than the comment that made everyone sad at Celebration. She literally said they're attracted to each other, I'm actually sort of shocked they let her say something so blunt. I doubt they'll make out in the early part of the movie, but it's not like she's going to try murdering him until the third act, it wouldn't line up with the way eveyone has described their relationship.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 10:14 am

@californiagirl

Love your positivity, i totally agree. She basically confirmed they’re attracted to each other and that there will be romantic Reylo!

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 10:20 am

@special_cases wrote:"Deals with it" certainly sounds very bad for Reylo but I wouldn't judge about all of it by one quote. But yeah, I think it pretty much confirms that it will be one-sided until Ben's redeemed.
@special_cases

Well Rey has feelings for him too so it's not one sided, she's just really hurt but she smartly chose to not get into anything toxic. The question is whether they have a relationship by the end of the movie, which is totally possible once he's redeemed. And I have a feeling his redemption will be the whole movie, not just one second last minute thing like in ROTJ. We will probably see his thought process through the whole movie.

Remember that Daisy said on GMA(?) that they are progressing in a relationship of sorts, or something like that. We're gonna hear a lot of different ways of bringing up reylo.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 10:27 am

@Riri wrote:@californiagirl

Love your positivity, i totally agree. She basically confirmed they’re attracted to each other and that there will be romantic Reylo!
@Riri @californiagirl

I agree with both of you!

Many Reylos I respect are upset about her wording (some are angry at her), yet I still feel very positive!

All is OK! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood Moon on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 10:33 am

@californiagirl wrote:Why are people despairing? Daisy has always framed the discussion in this way, and she actually sounds a lot more upbeat about it than the comment that made everyone sad at Celebration. She literally said they're attracted to each other, I'm actually sort of shocked they let her say something so blunt. I doubt they'll make out in the early part of the movie, but it's not like she's going to try murdering him until the third act, it wouldn't line up with the way eveyone has described their relationship.
@californiagirl

Where does/did Daisy say they’re attracted to each other? Not in this statement or am I missing something? (Not that I need it from Daisy because it’s for everyone to see in the ST)
Blood Moon
Blood Moon
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 10:41 am

@Blood Moon

The line "They don’t seem to not be attracted to each other." was from the reporter.

Daisy said Reylo does not bother her because she understood that people liked to write theory and she acknowledged that Reylo was a favourite theory of certain fans.

OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 10:42 am

@rey09 Yes, I was just coming back to say this might mean an earlier redemption than many anticipate, especially given how much they aren't hiding it, and that Kylo's not the biggest bad here.

What also occurred to me is that these sort of controversial statements aren't out of ignorance of lack of care on LF's part, I actually think they like them. All publicity is good publicity maybe?

This: They're not not attracted attracted to each other, lol. She's really not allowed to say anything more detailed, clearly.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 Scree614
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 10:46 am

I don't think "deal with it" is something negative, I think you "deal with" something that's complicated (KK actually called Reylo that way). I think she's just trying to be as vague as possible, as to not give anything away. And something interesting I found, is that Daisy always says "people talk about toxic relationships", she never said she thinks it's toxic. And that's true, some people misunderstood their dynamic, and I think they will handle it very carefully to avoid that kind of misconception.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 10:49 am

Hmmmm interesting

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 4755a010

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 26043d10

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 11:08 am

@Riri wrote:Hmmmm interesting

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 4755a010

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 26043d10
@Riri

Yuuuup!

(sips tea)

The timing is intriguing, and the wording used - it's directed towards those neutral or negative about Reylo because it will be, I am guessing, in the trailer in some form. Very Happy

Squee! This is exciting! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood Moon on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 11:10 am

@OrionStars wrote:@Blood Moon

The line "They don’t seem to not be attracted to each other." was from the reporter.

Daisy said Reylo does not bother her because she understood that people liked to write theory and she acknowledged that Reylo was a favourite theory of certain fans.

@OrionStars

Yes I know it was from the reporter, my question was: when/where did Daisy say they are attracted to each other? Wink
Blood Moon
Blood Moon
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 11:11 am

I've just witnessed a godspeed damage control.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 OOhREw3

https://collider.com/star-wars-9-reylo/

@Blood Moon Hmm, I don't know, I don't recall she said it.  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Last edited by OrionStars on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum