Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Riri on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 11:14 am

I think Collider are sourcing the EW interview and referencing the Empire images.

So this girl was the one who first told us that Kylos tie is called a Tie whisperer

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 627cb010

Covered her @ incase it wasnt allowed here. But yes she’s a Reylo and seems very excited.

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 895
Likes : 6562
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-21

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by rey09 on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 11:46 am

Apparently on saturday a 20 sec teaser of the trailer will be released. I can't stand teasers of trailers XD but of course, this is the one exception. I'll take anything!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2059
Likes : 9556
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by tukicarreno on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 12:00 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Yuuuup!

(sips tea)

The timing is intriguing, and the wording used - it's directed towards those neutral or negative about Reylo because it will be, I am guessing, in the trailer in some form. Very Happy

Squee! This is exciting! Very Happy Smile

Exactly! I am so excited, omg. They are totally preparing people for the trailer I think. Wink

PS: The only thing I am still worried about is the ending of this trilogy, I dunno sort of like the wording Daisy said, maybe Reylo happens but there is no happy ending? Like they don't end up together? Sigh.. Hope I am wrong.. At the same time, in other interviews that she thinks everyone will like the ending. So yeah.. I will keep the hope! sunny I love you


Last edited by tukicarreno on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 866
Likes : 3636
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 12:11 pm

Oh boy.....fifty four years old ....and I'm excited!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4290
Likes : 18011
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Gemini on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 12:20 pm

@rey09 wrote:Apparently on saturday a 20 sec teaser of the trailer will be released. I can't stand teasers of trailers XD but of course, this is the one exception. I'll take anything!
@rey09

Lol a teaser if a trailer always makes me lol
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3470
Likes : 13943
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by rey09 on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 12:36 pm

@Gemini wrote:
@rey09 wrote:Apparently on saturday a 20 sec teaser of the trailer will be released. I can't stand teasers of trailers XD but of course, this is the one exception. I'll take anything!
@rey09

Lol a teaser if a trailer always makes me lol
@Gemini

Lol I guess I was pertaining to how they have those silly 10 second teasers literally right before a trailer. I guess this is a tad different.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2059
Likes : 9556
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by nickandnora on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 1:30 pm

@Moonlight13 wrote:I don't think "deal with it" is something negative, I think you "deal with" something that's complicated (KK actually called Reylo that way). I think she's just trying to be as vague as possible, as to not give anything away. And something interesting I found, is that Daisy always says "people talk about toxic relationships", she never said she thinks it's toxic. And that's true, some people misunderstood their dynamic, and I think they will handle it very carefully to avoid that kind of misconception.
@Moonlight13

Really to me the only way Daisy's quote makes sense is if, because Reylo is actually a *thing* by the end of the film, J.J. had to "detoxify" the toxic part of the relationships so that it will be palatable to the audience. And she's kind of subconsciously clarifying like, "No no you guys, I realize it seems "problematic" to some, but we address it and... you'll see."

I've just always gotten this vibe that though Daisy wasn't an uber fan of Reylo before TRoS, something (or a combination of things) that J.J. did in this film make it "OK" in her eyes. I can't remember what interview was giving me that impression, but it's one I've had for awhile.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 866
Likes : 5098
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Moonlight13 on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 1:46 pm

@nickandnora wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:I don't think "deal with it" is something negative, I think you "deal with" something that's complicated (KK actually called Reylo that way). I think she's just trying to be as vague as possible, as to not give anything away. And something interesting I found, is that Daisy always says "people talk about toxic relationships", she never said she thinks it's toxic. And that's true, some people misunderstood their dynamic, and I think they will handle it very carefully to avoid that kind of misconception.
@Moonlight13

Really to me the only way Daisy's quote makes sense is if, because Reylo is actually a *thing* by the end of the film, J.J. had to "detoxify" the toxic part of the relationships so that it will be palatable to the audience. And she's kind of subconsciously clarifying like, "No no you guys, I realize it seems "problematic" to some, but we address it and... you'll see."

I've just always gotten this vibe that though Daisy wasn't an uber fan of Reylo before TRoS, something (or a combination of things) that J.J. did in this film make it "OK" in her eyes. I can't remember what interview was giving me that impression, but it's one I've had for awhile.
@nickandnora
I think she doesn't like it as it is now, and she's happy because the overtly romantic acts (kiss, declaration of love) happen after Ben's redemption. Maybe it's "but maybe there's redemption" (after she said she couldn't get behind Reylo). That clearly implies she will support it if there's redemption.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13
Moderator

Messages : 1157
Likes : 5666
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-15
Age : 26
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 2:22 pm

Personally I think she's a supporter but can't be open about it because so many antis see it as an abusive relationship.
Which it isn't.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4290
Likes : 18011
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by KiraRen2015 on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 3:08 pm

@motherofpearl1 I wouldn't be surprised. She certainly seemed excited about it when she liked Reylo fanart on instagram way back in early 2016. I think that antis been loud among other things has either made her lose some of that excitement or at the very least be scared to talk about it.
KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 153
Likes : 527
Date d'inscription : 2018-06-16

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Saracene on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 3:11 pm

@special_cases wrote:"Deals with it" certainly sounds very bad for Reylo but I wouldn't judge about all of it by one quote. But yeah, I think it pretty much confirms that it will be one-sided until Ben's redeemed.
@special_cases

I think it lines up with everything else they’ve said about the relationship, as in, it only sounds complicated on Kylo’s end and no word on how it affects Rey. I’m guessing that they won’t show Rey secretly hurting or pining, she’ll just be a strong capable woman who cut Kylo off completely after he’s disappointed her.

I also don’t think there’ll be any friction with Rey’s friends and the Resistance over her connection with Kylo that we speculated about after TLJ.


Last edited by Saracene on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2633
Likes : 17338
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 40
Localisation : Melbourne

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by KiraRen2015 on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 3:13 pm

@Saracene so basically Rey is going to be the boring heroine with no outward conflict again? Great *insert sarcasm here*
KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 153
Likes : 527
Date d'inscription : 2018-06-16

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by nickandnora on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 3:15 pm

Wrong place, sorry

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 866
Likes : 5098
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Riri on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 3:30 pm

@Saracene

That like my biggest fear for this movie but I have faith in JJ, lol

@nickandnora Yes, that’s what it sounds like to me too! Notice how she only parrots what other people have been saying re toxicity, she’s just prepping them becus Reylo will be addressed. Remember when Daisy was like “Is an apology enough? Will actions speak louder than words?” Kylo basically needs to display a grand gesture of love and selflessness, and that’s what is going to happen!

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 895
Likes : 6562
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-21

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by californiagirl on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 3:31 pm

Haven't they stated multiple times that Rey is kind of isolated and feels out place in the Resistance? I recall Daisy herself saying this in spring/early summer. And that the friendships were realistic ones with problems and conflicts, not all sunshine and rainbows. Daisy said that as well. I never understand the phenomenon where a statement made negates everything else the person in question has said prior.

They've been really emphasizing the beginning of the movie, then being really vague about where it goes after that early stage, because spoilers and things. It's a little overkill, but I expected as much. I'm not sure how this one statement is turned into "Rey has no conflict or complicated feelings." Kind of stands in contrast to earlier comments, even ones from the same interview. I'm not even sure what a movie where Rey is constantly angry and raging and trying to beat down Kylo, or at least entirely avoid him, while he tries to schmooze her or something, would even look like. And for at least an hour or two? I'm not sure how to make a plot out of that one. That's like two different movies in one with no forward momentum.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2598
Likes : 13332
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by special_cases on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 3:57 pm

Well, they never said or hinted that Rey feeling isolated is connected to feelings about Kylo. They never talk what this relationship means to Rey. Everytime Daisy talks about it, she brings up only negative things. So it's fair to assume that Rey's feelings towards Kylo won't be complicated in the beginning of TROS. If we think that it's logical for her to have complicated feelings, it's our assumptions and right now in marketing nothing suggests otherwise. Remember how Rey's behaviour after the Throne Room was ridiculous? Didn't make sense, but still it was the movie and wasn't executed like "Rey hides her emotions". I mean, I'm happy that this publication at least straightforwardly about romance even if they still don't allow her to say "romance" herself. JJ deals with "it", "it's" addressed. No wonder people read everything they want to read here. It takes two words to say it clearly and loudly for anybody: "Romantic feelings between our characters will be addressed in this movie."
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1903
Likes : 10358
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Saracene on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 4:10 pm

I think that the Vanity Fair article mentioned Rey being a part of Finn and Poe’s friendship yet slightly separated from them by her force powers. But that’s the writer’s words, not something coming from anyone actually involved in the movie. I also remember Daisy talking about how great it is for Rey to be surrounded by people at the start of the movie, since she’s grown up so isolated.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2633
Likes : 17338
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 40
Localisation : Melbourne

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Moonlight13 on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 5:15 pm

@californiagirl wrote:Haven't they stated multiple times that Rey is kind of isolated and feels out place in the Resistance? I recall Daisy herself saying this in spring/early summer. And that the friendships were realistic ones with problems and conflicts, not all sunshine and rainbows. Daisy said that as well. I never understand the phenomenon where a statement made negates everything else the person in question has said prior.

They've been really emphasizing the beginning of the movie, then being really vague about where it goes after that early stage, because spoilers and things. It's a little overkill, but I expected as much. I'm not sure how this one statement is turned into "Rey has no conflict or complicated feelings." Kind of stands in contrast to earlier comments, even ones from the same interview. I'm not even sure what a movie where Rey is constantly angry and raging and trying to beat down Kylo, or at least entirely avoid him, while he tries to schmooze her or something, would even look like. And for at least an hour or two? I'm not sure how to make a plot out of that one. That's like two different movies in one with no forward momentum.
@californiagirl
Yes, remember "hunky-dory" Laughing
After being apart for the majority of “Last Jedi,” Ridley was excited to revisit the Rey/Finn magic in “Rise of Skywalker.” “The great thing that J.J. shows is you see a proper friendship so it's not all like hunky-dory,” she says. “They're friends who clash sometimes. But also you have to be confident to have clashes with your friends and know that everything's going to be OK.”
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2019/04/12/star-wars-rey-poe-and-finn-team-up-rise-skywalker/3453478002/


Last edited by Moonlight13 on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Moonlight13
Moonlight13
Moderator

Messages : 1157
Likes : 5666
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-15
Age : 26
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by OrionStars on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 5:43 pm

@tukicarreno wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Yuuuup!

(sips tea)

The timing is intriguing, and the wording used - it's directed towards those neutral or negative about Reylo because it will be, I am guessing, in the trailer in some form. Very Happy

Squee! This is exciting! Very Happy Smile

Exactly! I am so excited, omg. They are totally preparing people for the trailer I think. Wink

PS: The only thing I am still worried about is the ending of this trilogy, I dunno sort of like the wording Daisy said, maybe Reylo happens but there is no happy ending? Like they don't end up together? Sigh.. Hope I am wrong.. At the same time, in other interviews that she thinks everyone will like the ending. So yeah.. I will keep the hope! sunny I love you
@tukicarreno

Great point, that's what we're all afraid of. JJ is well-known as a crowd-pleaser of the industry. If he tries hard to please everyone, even the anti Reylo, by choosing a vague and open ending for Reylo in the end so they can milk the Reylo fandom with SW comics and novels, then I'm afraid it's clear as day that not everyone, even the Reylo and a lot of users in our forum have the patience to fulfil their greed.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 622
Likes : 3383
Date d'inscription : 2018-11-09

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 5:50 pm

Interesting.  Reading pacificwanderer's tumblr, ants are concerned about Daisy's quote because of the confirmation of Reylo.  I was drinking the tea before, now I am really enjoying it. lol

https://pacificwanderer.tumblr.com/

One set of Ask/Answer and tags

Anonymous asked:

It's actually funny cause I saw some of the comments and loads of antis were worried about that interview cause they said it confirmed Reylo and that it was happening with redeemed Ben. It's so ironic considering some shippers are panicking.

I saw that earlier and was going to comment on it, so thank you for the ask, Nonnie.

If the ants are worried…. why would we be? The writing’s on the wall at this point. It’s just a matter of how it’s going to go down.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tros worrying reylo asks and answers anonymous asks ask pacificwanderer for some perspective Anonymous

-------

last set Very Happy Smile

It's kinda funny that they are going out of their way to assure concerned *** fans that TROS will address their issues with Reylo. They wouldn't need to dish out these assurances if Reylo was just a regular hero and villain relationship where he is straight up bad, she is straight up good, and they feel nothing for each other.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this

reylo tros speculation tros worrying asks and answers anonymous asks ask pacificwanderer also lol they're going to hate reylo no matter what but ahaha have fun coming to terms with the fact that it's real and that they're dealing with it aka not ignoring it at all sooooooo have fun with that I guess Anonymous
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1781
Likes : 5359
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Krafty on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 7:08 pm

If anyone is curious, or at the very least a little nosey lol...
"Kira, bad romance selector" on twitter is lighting it up again about this very topic (the Daisy quote and interview). So it may be worth a peek over there on Twitter and to discuss in that thread.
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 399
Likes : 2736
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-17

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by special_cases on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 7:22 pm

Kira looks like bad news because she is doing what fleakers usually do. I understand that Reylos want to believe her.

What is worth mention is that the girl who leaked some merch previously is very happy with what she saw and I think it's safe to assume that it's Reylo-friendly. I believe her because she has proven record and real personality. She also said that it's close to what Ward leaked. As I suspected, he definitely saw some footage from last act.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1903
Likes : 10358
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by nickandnora on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 7:48 pm

@special_cases wrote:Kira looks like bad news because she is doing what fleakers usually do. I understand that Reylos want to believe her.

What is worth mention is that the girl who leaked some merch previously is very happy with what she saw and I think it's safe to assume that it's Reylo-friendly. I believe her because she has proven record and real personality. She also said that it's close to what Ward leaked. As I suspected, he definitely saw some footage from last act.
@special_cases

Ward hasn't leaked anything particularly "good" though (that I can remember), so is this really a positive thing?

(Though I will take Jason's equivocating over JP's pigheaded stubbornness that he knows all the story there is to know.)

ETA: Looks like she says it matches up with some of MSW leaks, while also saying she doesn't really know the leaks because she doesn't follow them much. So who the heck knows what she's talking about.


Last edited by nickandnora on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 866
Likes : 5098
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by OrionStars on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 7:50 pm

@special_cases wrote:Kira looks like bad news because she is doing what fleakers usually do. I understand that Reylos want to believe her.

What is worth mention is that the girl who leaked some merch previously is very happy with what she saw and I think it's safe to assume that it's Reylo-friendly. I believe her because she has proven record and real personality. She also said that it's close to what Ward leaked. As I suspected, he definitely saw some footage from last act.
@special_cases


Yup, I agree, I've always suspected Kira is a fleaker or a shill.

And Ward said he saw "Ben yeets into the pit" with his own two eyes. If that's the case, I can't wait to see the senate fry all resistance army and rule the galaxy in harmony. Hail the Sith!
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 622
Likes : 3383
Date d'inscription : 2018-11-09

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Lovely_Rose on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 8:30 pm

Of all the scenes Jason could have seen, it's the climactic one that shows Ben's death. A scene like that would be very hard to get your hands on. He would have more credibility if he mentioned seeing something much smaller and with less significance.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 299
Likes : 1630
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum