Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by AhsokaTano on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 7:36 am

Ok so those Hux being the mouth of sidious tweets kind of have me intrigued ( girls with sabers tweet ). I could totally see this happening. He looked like a demon out of hell when he gave that starkiller base speech in TFA with the eyes , red hair ( devil depictions in art traditionally are red beings, harking back to Sirius B as the red sun ) and hat with pointy ears . Plus the original Palpatine actor looks like he could have been Hux’s father .
Moreover Mara Jade in EU ( again red hair , devil’s pet with the symbolism )was the hand of the Emperor. It would be symbolic if Hux was now the mouth , voice . Intriguing and confusing since there is a metatron connection to Star Wars but I always thought it was kylo as the word/voice , the one who would ascend? Maybe they are all avatars and it’s all an illusion of Palpatine/Hades . Have no idea lol !

Regarding Ben falling down a pit never to be seen again TM . Am trying to make my peace with this in case it happens but keeping fingers crossed that it doesn’t however it’s worth pointing out that in Rebels the Phoenix crew men ( kanan /Ezra ) both were gone by the end and Kallus and Zeb went to the beyond to his home planet . The women were left behind in Star Wars galaxy and Sabine even took on Ezra’s haircut . So could this be foreshadowing for TROS ? If so it’s not just Ben’s fate on the line but Finn and Poe ie the men . There is something biblical about this about the men ( the firstborn ) being taken away and the women and children being left behind so I wonder if they would be looking at that . I would be disappointed to think that they go down this route and when Rey looks in the mirror cave she’s actually looking at herself ( with kylo’s haircut ) and not Kylo . That would be very sad . So here’s hoping . At this point I don’t even mind exile ( like in pirates of the Caribbean with will and Elizabeth) as long as there’s the hope that they will be together again at some point . Am hoping obviously it will be much more than this .
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 0fd95110
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 670b4e10
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 B86e7e10
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Teo oswald on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 8:11 am

I have a question   but in episode 8 when Rey tells  kylo :
Rey : when we touched hands, I saw your future. Just the shape of it but solid and clear. You will not bow before Snoke. You'll turn. I'll help you.

Kylo Ren : I saw something too. I know that when the time comes, you'll be the one to turn. You'll stand with me, Rey. I saw who your parents are.

do you think that Ben's future, what rey saw didn't come out in episode 9?

in episode 8 it is true that kylo did not bow to Snoke but he was not turn either , so the future that rey has seen can no longer be realized?
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 8:15 am

I wonder what is the purpose of Pryde being the one to execute Hux - is it to show how unforgiving is Pryde or perhaps to detach Kylo from FO and move him more into the KOR theme plot.

Also you know I could see TLJ Hux being a mole for Resistance but TFA Hux seemed as the one who would go down with his ship in the most embarrasing way. Anyway he has been shown to care only for his skin so it makes sense that he is working both teams but still his ark seems to be kind of clueless and it feels like they replaced him with Pryde to give the old style fashion evil empire general to the fanboys.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 9:20 am

@special_cases wrote:Anybody who believes or supports Kira doesn't have right to call all "dudebro" leakers liars or downplay their leaks. Unlike anonymous account of LF's employee who is leaking movie in emojis or gifs on Twitter and casually talk to Reylo fans everyday, "dudebros" at least got some kind of track record. Everybody who believes that there is no truth in these leaks are setting themselves to dissapoinment. It's denial. You don't need to dismiss leaks or claim them fake if you reasonably believe that they didn't get a full picture or biased in their reporting. It also doesn't help that people who are so invested to claim leaks "lies" or whatever, didn't even read it, and constantly make false arguments against them. It's very biased view and something that they accuse leakers of. The only another fraction who is that invested in proclaiming leaks fabricated is SWCouncil so... ReySkywalkers and Finnreys.
@special_cases

You made a good point here. It's not that we've taken the leaks and the leakers as the ultimate true. But this is the thread to discuss leaks and these are the leaks we have! If there's any more oriented Reylo leak, or Kenobi's or whatever I will be glad to talk about them. Unfortunately, there's not. Maybe all the leaks are fake, but, right now, these are the leaks we have and this is the thread to talk about them.

I think this place is great, because we can try to read between the lines in these leaks. I believe everybody here wants the same.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 9:24 am

"Red Sith troopers guard Kylo Ren" - "Little is known about the Knights of Ren. But they are only loyal to Kylo."

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 NoDRO-JOPYUhx9FIvhVn06tnJCffoet0BLAUWwE8v4M

uhm...it's really confusing to me.
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 9:41 am

@AhsokaTano wrote:Ok so those Hux being the mouth of sidious tweets kind of have me intrigued ( girls with sabers tweet ). I could totally see this happening. He looked like a demon out of hell when he gave that starkiller base speech in TFA with the eyes , red hair ( devil depictions in art traditionally are red beings, harking back to Sirius B as the red sun  ) and hat with pointy ears . Plus the original Palpatine actor looks like he could have been Hux’s  father .
Moreover Mara Jade in EU ( again red hair , devil’s pet with the symbolism )was the hand of the Emperor. It would be symbolic if Hux was now the mouth , voice . Intriguing and confusing since there is a metatron connection to Star Wars but I always thought it was kylo as the word/voice , the one who would ascend? Maybe they are all avatars and it’s all an illusion of Palpatine/Hades . Have no idea lol !

Regarding Ben falling down a pit never to be seen again TM . Am trying to make my peace with this in case it happens but keeping fingers crossed that it doesn’t however it’s worth pointing out that in Rebels the Phoenix crew men ( kanan /Ezra ) both were gone by the end and Kallus and Zeb went to the beyond to his home planet . The women were left behind in Star Wars galaxy and Sabine even took on Ezra’s haircut . So could this be foreshadowing for TROS ? If so it’s not just Ben’s fate on the line but Finn and Poe ie the men . There is something biblical about this about the men ( the firstborn ) being taken away and the women and children being left behind so I wonder if they would be looking at that . I would be disappointed to think that they go down this route and when Rey looks in the mirror cave she’s actually looking at herself ( with kylo’s haircut ) and not Kylo . That would be very sad . So here’s hoping . At this point I don’t even mind exile ( like in pirates of the Caribbean with will and Elizabeth) as long as there’s the hope that they will be together again at some point . Am hoping obviously it will be much more than this .
@AhsokaTano

Okay I have a question, maybe someone else can clarify.. was Snoke talking about Kylo or Hux when he said Rabid Cur...? I find differing opinionsn around the internets..
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 9:50 am

Yes I agree that we need to have it in the back of our mind that these leaks could be 100% accurate.

But we are also fair to assume that they are not complete or there are misconceptions or even fake scenes. SW has done fake scenes before. GL literally shot a fake scene where Obi Wan was revealed to be Lukes father, all to protect the secret. JJ has also done this before with Star Trek and generated false leaks.

The leaks all very tightly  match what we have seen unfold in trailers too. Which indicates that the leaks are coming from trailer material.

The leaks do not mention anything of Pryde or the FO though, its suspect and I think we are reasonable in assuming that there is still a lot of the story that has not been leaked. There are a lot of unclear elements as well. We hear that Leia has a saber, but we know nothing of where it came from? Only that Luke gave it to her, right? Where did he get it from? Its not disclosed?

It also seems like we have the leaks up to a certain point in a typical hero/heroines journey. "Kylo being thrown down a shaft never to be seen again" this literally reads like a moment in a story where the hero reaches his or her blackest and darkest moment where all hope seems to be lost for the Hero (Rey). Everything is pinned against her, she is alone. She must find strength and there must be a resurrection and rebirth of sorts as well. I think its going to happen for both her AND kylo in this moment. Kylo resurrected and Rey finally learning the truth of where she comes from. Both strengthening, uplifting acts.

I think Rey saying "Everyone tells me they know me, nobody does" is a commentary on every character telling her who she is but not being truthful or accurate, like Kylo in TLJ, possibly others in TROS like Palpatine. People telling her and us on screen is not the same as actually seeing it for herself or the audience actually being shown the backstory unfold in front of their eyes. Kylo DOES have this answer, the true answer, which is why he says "but I do". IMO.

"nobody does" she KNOWS that in her gut, in her instincts that she is MORE than a nobody or a Palpatine

What we have as an ending does not read like an ending, it reads like the third act only up to the point before the revelation/resurrection/truth is revealed. That's why so many are like.....WAIT A SECOND! I mean lawd, Palpatine was tossed down a shaft and didn't even die. Kylo may use some of his techniques to regain health or Rey will help.

What we did not seem to have any info on was Kylo arriving with a blue saber, the leakers assumed that Rey pulled this from nowhere. Kylo holding it was not in the original leaks and has only come about after that image was leaked. Theres a lot of missing parts here. Now suddenly the leakers know the ending and everything that happens in that leaked image with the two blue sabers? The leaks and ending are constantly changing.

Again

Its weird.

Last edited by Gemini on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 10:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 9:53 am

I thought it was Hux.
About leaks, the only actual leak that was somewhat accurate for TLJ that I remember is Bothan_spy with his Kylo with the smut hut. But even then he didn't have the full context of the scene. It wasn't until a week before release we had accurate leaks. I think that is when the shirtless scene leaked.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 10:03 am

I'm going to throw something else out there to think about in conjunction with JP's leaks.

Someone who said they were involved with scoring (or knows someone who is) came on the Leaks board and said that one of John Williams' tracks is called: "The Falcon's Last Ride."

Now *that's* interesting for a couple of reasons. If true, could be that it's the Falcon's last battle before it's officially decommissioned, which is not something talked about in the leaks that I can see. But, if it's a title track, there's a BIG chance that it could refer to the Falcon (and probably Lando) going out in a blaze of glory saving the day in some manner during the battle or whatever. That's significant because a) it would be during the third act, and b) it's DEFINITELY not something mentioned in the leaks.

Just something to think about in terms of the concept of omission in what we know.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 10:09 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@AhsokaTano wrote:Ok so those Hux being the mouth of sidious tweets kind of have me intrigued ( girls with sabers tweet ). I could totally see this happening. He looked like a demon out of hell when he gave that starkiller base speech in TFA with the eyes , red hair ( devil depictions in art traditionally are red beings, harking back to Sirius B as the red sun  ) and hat with pointy ears . Plus the original Palpatine actor looks like he could have been Hux’s  father .

@AhsokaTano

Okay I have a question, maybe someone else can clarify.. was Snoke talking about Kylo or Hux when he said Rabid Cur...? I find differing opinionsn around the internets..
@spacebaby45678

Snoke was talking about Hux. And he said that to Kylo at the moment when Kylo entered and Hux had already left Snoke's boudoir.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 10:09 am

@Gemini wrote:Yes I agree that we need to have it in the back of our mind that these leaks could be 100% accurate.

What we have as an ending does not read like an ending, it reads like the third act only up to the point before the revelation/resurrection/truth is revealed. That's why so many are like.....WAIT A SECOND! I mean lawd, Palpatine was tossed down a shaft and didn't even die. Kylo may use some of his techniques to regain health or Rey will help.

@Gemini

lmao omg that is so true.

I honestly can't stop thinking about how there is something massive we are missing. It just makes no sense for him to be gone forever goes against everything we have known (and proven right) about the story, everything the cast and crew say, and also just BASIC storytelling. I'm sure we've all read and watched so many stories and nothing like this makes sense. Even if he died we'd get at least some goodbye.

Also when it comes to Rey saying nobody knows me, I read it as more emotional, like no one understands her as a person- someone with so much potential for power, so connected to the force and yet unable to grasp it fully. That's an incredible weight, and literally the only one who will ever understand that is Kylo, he's been there.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 10:12 am

@rey09 wrote:
@Gemini wrote:Yes I agree that we need to have it in the back of our mind that these leaks could be 100% accurate.

@Gemini

I honestly can't stop thinking about how there is something massive we are missing. It just makes no sense for him to be gone forever goes against everything we have known (and proven right) about the story, everything the cast and crew say, and also just BASIC storytelling. I'm sure we've all read and watched so many stories and nothing like this makes sense. Even if he died we'd get at least some goodbye.

Also when it comes to Rey saying nobody knows me, I read it as more emotional, like no one understands her as a person- someone with so much potential for power, so connected to the force and yet unable to grasp it fully. That's an incredible weight, and literally the only one who will ever understand that is Kylo, he's been there.
@rey09

Is it just me or she sounds almost angry when she says "people keep telling they know me"?
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 10:17 am

@rey09 wrote:

@Gemini

@rey09

The "never to be seen again"

Reads like a screenplay note. The writer sometimes adds them to create tension in the script because if it was all dialogue it would feel empty. Its for the actors to use as well. You sometimes describe what characters are feeling or what the audience should be thinking or feeling.

It happened with TFA script. In the last scene. It was describing what was actually going on when Rey was passing the saber to Luke. The words are not said but the writer put the explanation in there.

The "never to be seen again" is classic, text book, screenwriter guidance for the actors to work with in that moment. Rey is crying in that shot where she suddenly seems to get some sort of strength. I think she believes Kylo is dead but whatever he gave her there has given her strength.

He will come back. its an all hope is lost moment...BUT WAIT, WHOS THAT?

Also, yah, I mean what she says could mean multiple things, tis just my interpretation. Because I think kylo knows LOL in several senses who she is, emotionally, physically and her back story.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 10:37 am

@Gemini wrote:
@rey09 wrote:

@Gemini

@rey09

The "never to be seen again"

Reads like a screenplay note. The writer sometimes adds them to create tension in the script because if it was all dialogue it would feel empty. Its for the actors to use as well. You sometimes describe what characters are feeling or what the audience should be thinking or feeling.

It happened with TFA script. In the last scene. It was describing what was actually going on when Rey was passing the saber to Luke. The words are not said but the writer put the explanation in there.

The "never to be seen again" is classic, text book, screenwriter guidance for the actors to work with in that moment. Rey is crying in that shot where she suddenly seems to get some sort of strength. I think she believes Kylo is dead but whatever he gave her there has given her strength.

He will come back. its an all hope is lost moment...BUT WAIT, WHOS THAT?

Also, yah, I mean what she says could mean multiple things, tis just my interpretation. Because I think kylo knows LOL in several senses who she is, emotionally, physically and her back story.
@Gemini

It's such a weird sequence because she already felt helpless once and then she sees Ben to come help her. Then they are about to fight and then he's lost again. Then she's back to square one. It doesn't add up!!!

@SkyStar Oh she is SO bitter, esp when she says "No one does." She sounds pretty miserable in that to me.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 10:44 am

Also - who are the people that says that they know her?
Poe? Very Happy
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 10:45 am

I mean gosh...

How many times have we seen characters fall and not die

Palpatine fell but it he had been taught by the Night Sisters of Dathomir, how to survive after death in the world between worlds. As @Spacebaby45678 pointed out, that's not the DS in that clip, theres some trippy vortex and lighting going on which may mean they are all in the world between worlds.. (I'll get back to this at the end of my post)

Obi Wan in TPM, falls really damn far and bounces (LMAO)

Maul gets sliced in half and survives...the Dathomir witches later heal him

Anakin jumps from the car and survives RotS?

If Kylo is killed in the world between worlds and this is a place that you are able to resurrect yourself, then he could EASILY survive

Now heres me joining the dots and head cannon.

If Rey is connected to Qira, Maul and the Dathomir witches and Qira was trained as a dathomir witch. Rey may be able to use healing magics on Kylo in the world between worlds.

You cant die there?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 10:55 am

@AhsokaTano wrote:
Also I keep thinking about this picture below from Galaxy’s edge is the endgame for TROS this and if so what does it mean ? Does it mean one Jedi of the couple is dark and one light in the force or does it mean one Jedi is black and one is white ?Are we getting reylo? Finn Rey or another couple ??

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 59fbfc10

Also the story lives forever from the trailer- is it referencing a fairy tale as old as time or is there more to it ? Did Palpatine and Plagueis succeed in altering reality and cursing the galaxy in a time loop for 10,000 years as referenced in his victory speech in ROTS and the Tarkin novel . If so will the curse be broken ? The circle is complete as Vader tells us in the original trilogy , will this mean the chain of events that kicks start the prequels will in fact be instigated in the sequel trilogy .Also just in case some here believe J.J. would never go down the world between worlds route or time travel just think this if Star Wars is the underworld or a similar world then what is hell if not like a time loop where events play out over and over until someone breaks that curse ( this is Dante’s vision of hell too with the steps that go on forever ) . Moreover Star Wars films mess about with the timeline ie original trilogy released first , then prequels and then sequels but in between sequel trilogy you have two independent films released solo and rogue one which are from different timelines. Back and forth with the timeline . If you’re general audience how do you keep up lol!

Just some random thoughts for the day Smile

Whoa! What is that picture? Kylo's saber on a cloaked woman? Kiddos with sabers that look like they connect? Some Jedi guy?
This picture is so awesome!
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 11:10 am

Ok, so here we go.

Just did a bit of research in regards to the leaks.

So Palp is supposed to be in a giant cube floating in a black voided space? That sounds like the world between worlds. Images of it are in rebels. In canon, Palpatine learned how to survive after death in this place from the night sisters of Dathomir. That's why he is back. He resurrected himself there.

The Throne room with the spider chair is a trap Palpatine has set in the world between worlds. His throne is a giant spider..He has lured Rey in about her lineage, that's her weakness, Kylo is there too.. He drains them both to fully rejuvenate? Kylo dies/thrown down a shaft? Or just dies from the draining.

If Kylo dies in this stupid place (lol) he will not remain dead, you can heal yourself there it seems. That's what Palpatine did in the first place and learned it from the Night Sisters. if Palpatine can drain life to restore his own, Rey can drain Palps life to restore Kylos.

Rey may be able to somehow heal him in this moment where she crosses the two light sabers to deflect Palpatine.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 11:24 am

Now that story makes sense @Gemini.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 1:09 pm

I don't really know who the Kira person is, did not see her on Reylo Twitter at all, just here, but she's not claiming leaks and not being a jerk, so I'm just neutral about her.

I'm still wary of people who do not have a remotely complete picture, who openly admitted they are approaching it from a particular lens, who change their info constantly, who clearly don't understand the characters, themes, or story of the ST. They can have correct things, I just don't think the world revolves around them.

I knew Bothan Spy was still on Reddit and posting, for some reason had been under the impression the original had been taken down (it was three and a half years ago, ok). But no more leaks from that particular individual. JP's been a leaky ship for two months. When even people witness to the entirety of TFA/TLJ scripts or actual films can't get it entirely right, I wouldn't put anything in stone.

And agree that while JJ might like weirdness and misdirection, he's not a sadist, he doesn't enjoy causing people pain. And he's not totally tone-deaf. Weren't we just complaining he's too much of a crowd-pleaser, now he's out to make everyone sad and mad? Smile

Last edited by californiagirl on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 1:23 pm

On her recent tweet.

I think I know exactly who she is and WTF!? (if its who i think it is) for pretending to be someone in the business. Getting peoples Hope's up when they know nothing.

I'm  not naming names, I dont want to get banned but seriously...wow.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 1:32 pm

@Gemini Yes, Palpy's location can be World Between Worlds and it makes so much sense. Originally Lucas wanted Palpy to be that powerful that he travels through dimensions. He wanted Palpy to talk with Vader in ESB from some kind of portal, when he is in another dimension. He then changed it to hologram. But then we saw return of this idea with World Between Words in cartoon so it's fair to assume that it might play some role in TROS. I mean, Palpatine is back, one way or another!

Interesting what can "Exogol" mean as the name of the place. Does somebody know any possible interpretations? I only found that it was mentioned in Bible (Old Greek) and it was mentioned in context as "enemy".
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 1:59 pm

@Gemini wrote:On her recent tweet.

I think I know exactly who she is and WTF!? (if its who i think it is) for pretending to be someone in the business. Getting peoples Hope's up when they know nothing.

I'm  not naming names, I dont want to get banned but seriously...wow.
@Gemini

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 D4sh

@special_cases wrote:@Gemini Yes, Palpy's location can be World Between Worlds and it makes so much sense. Originally Lucas wanted Palpy to be that powerful that he travels through dimensions. He wanted Palpy to talk with Vader in ESB from some kind of portal, when he is in another dimension. He then changed it to hologram. But then we saw return of this idea with World Between Words in cartoon so it's fair to assume that it might play some role in TROS. I mean, Palpatine is back, one way or another!

Interesting what can "Exogol" mean as the name of the place. Does somebody know any possible interpretations? I only found that it was mentioned in Bible (Old Greek) and it was mentioned in context as "enemy".
@special_cases

good catch.. this ending is getting downright biblical, to best of my ability can't find anything that  you have not found.. the enemy is the beast..maybe?  

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 6dca8e220a215c24dbde96cebb37baadaefa6578

Matthew 10:36
For I have come to turn ‘A man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. 36 A man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’ 37 Anyone who loves his father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me;…

Good News Translation
Matthew 10:36 (GNT) your worst enemies will be the members of your own family.

The Sword of the Gospel
The Sword of the Gospel
(Luke 12:49-53)

34 Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

‘A man against his father,

a daughter against her mother,

a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.

36A man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’d

Johann Albrecht Bengel's Gnomon of the New Testament
Matthew 10:36. ἐχθροὶ, enemies) A man shall have them of his household—his relations, servants, and acquaintances—for enemies, if he believes in Me; see Micah 7:6.

George Haydock's Catholic Bible Commentary
And a man's enemies. He here alludes to our own passions of love, hatred, anger, envy, &c. which are our greatest enemies; and it is against these that we must make use of the sword our Saviour came to send amongst men. (Baradius)

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 2:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 2:32 pm

But we are also fair to assume that they are not complete or there are misconceptions or even fake scenes. SW has done fake scenes before. GL literally shot a fake scene where Obi Wan was revealed to be Lukes father, all to protect the secret. JJ has also done this before with Star Trek and generated false leaks.

The leaks all very tightly  match what we have seen unfold in trailers too. Which indicates that the leaks are coming from trailer material.

The leaks do not mention anything of Pryde or the FO though, its suspect and I think we are reasonable in assuming that there is still a lot of the story that has not been leaked. There are a lot of unclear elements as well. We hear that Leia has a saber, but we know nothing of where it came from? Only that Luke gave it to her, right? Where did he get it from? Its not disclosed?

It also seems like we have the leaks up to a certain point in a typical hero/heroines journey. "Kylo being thrown down a shaft never to be seen again" this literally reads like a moment in a story where the hero reaches his or her blackest and darkest moment where all hope seems to be lost for the Hero (Rey). Everything is pinned against her, she is alone. She must find strength and there must be a resurrection and rebirth of sorts as well. I think its going to happen for both her AND kylo in this moment. Kylo resurrected and Rey finally learning the truth of where she comes from. Both strengthening, uplifting acts.

I think Rey saying "Everyone tells me they know me, nobody does" is a commentary on every character telling her who she is but not being truthful or accurate, like Kylo in TLJ, possibly others in TROS like Palpatine. People telling her and us on screen is not the same as actually seeing it for herself or the audience actually being shown the backstory unfold in front of their eyes. Kylo DOES have this answer, the true answer, which is why he says "but I do". IMO.

"nobody does" she KNOWS that in her gut, in her instincts that she is MORE than a nobody or a Palpatine

What we did not seem to have any info on was Kylo arriving with a blue saber, the leakers assumed that Rey pulled this from nowhere. Kylo holding it was not in the original leaks and has only come about after that image was leaked. Theres a lot of missing parts here. Now suddenly the leakers know the ending and everything that happens in that leaked image with the two blue sabers? The leaks and ending are constantly changing.

Again

Its weird.
@Gemini

Yes, I totally agree with you here. It's obvious that the leaks don't give us the entire situation, there's so many things we don't know. If Kylo really fall in the pit to never be seen this will be the most lame ending ever, since nobody really dies from falls in SW universe.

In my guts, I feel that we're missing something, that we don't have some pieces of the puzzle. But there's always a possibility that the end will be lame that way.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 3:07 pm

I think it says a lot about the ending in the leaks that it actually sounds infinitely more lame than if JJ did a lazy shot-for-shot remake of the RotJ ending. That would at least give Rey/Kylo dynamic some emotional resolution. That’s one of the reasons why the whole thing sounds implausible to me; whatever else you can say about JJ he’s not the one *not* to milk a potentially emotional scenario.

As for the final stand-off in general, I think there’s a lot of detail missing and this sort of grand finale has to be a roller coaster with ups and downs for the hero. Until Palpatine is revived Rey is not actually in mortal danger.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum