Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by rawpowah on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 3:07 pm

@Gemini wrote:On her recent tweet.

I think I know exactly who she is and WTF!? (if its who i think it is) for pretending to be someone in the business. Getting peoples Hope's up when they know nothing.

I'm  not naming names, I dont want to get banned but seriously...wow.
@Gemini

You're making me curious lol
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by AcrosstheStars on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 3:26 pm

Here’s a leaks change of pace: How accurate/truthful do you all think ATATChat was? I know they have said in the past they are a Reylo and pro redemption fan. That’s the poster who said Disney paid him a visit to find out who was leaking info on the set. This is what he posted in February:

Leak One: Han will appear to Kylo Ren at some point as a vision and it will set him off into a fit of rage.
Leak Two: Luke, as a force ghost, will catch Anakins lightsaber when Rey throws it at him. Its almost the antithesis of the TLJ moment. It shocks Rey.
Leak Three: Palpatine will be back in some form. I guess he has been filmed BUT I have no idea if thats a flashback, force ghost, etc.
Leak Four: In the beginning of the film, Leia will somehow be training Rey a little.

http://removeddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/apl79j/potential_concept_leaks_for_episode_9/

This was before the Celebration teaser and before MSW or JP reported any of this. He came back 4 months ago and said Luke’s on Ach-To and a tie is crashed there. That fits with what JP later leaked. Around the time of the Rey is Han’s love child nonsense, he said that didn’t fit with what he knew and that Luke would be causing some trippy stuff for Kylo like with the dice, but with Han etc. The only thing I see that is now contradicted by the leaks is that he originally said Kylo would be enraged by seeing Han. I guess that’s still possible at first, because JP claimed recently Kylo may have PTSD style flashbacks of Han and Luke during the film (not just after Rey stabs him). I could see Kylo being angry at that.

I recap all this because while looking for ATAT’s original post this morning, I found he had posted again a month ago after the JP leaks were posted. This is what he  said. For context, someone says they think the leaks are missing Ben being revived by Force ghosts because they wouldn’t just do ROTJ redux. His response:

ATATCHAT1357 3 points 1 month ago
This is supposedly the 3rd act which Lucas helped with

Someone asks if this is from his sources. He replies yes, but not the original one. He goes on to say this:

ATATCHAT1357 5 points 1 month ago  
So, the original idea in ROTJ was that BEN Kenobi would return back to flesh and blood. I think that original concept has been mined for Ben Solo according to what I have heard. The Skywalker twins supposedly being the ones to finally ressurect someone from death, like an analog to anakins hope for padme."

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/cy14cq/vieweranon_on_twitter_hi_all_ive_been_getting_a/eyrk13e/?context=3

Is that true that that was an early treatment for ROTJ, Luke and Leia reviving Obi-Wan? Either way, that would make more sense than them helping Rey but doing jack all for Ben, their nephew and son.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 3:33 pm

I found an interesting analysis of BatmanvsSuperman from mythological/religious perspective. I always thought that religious allusions in BvS are too on the nose but it seems I wasn't attentive enough to catch many things this article mentions.

“This has been the most rigorous intellectual exercise I’ve had in my writing life. For Batman v Superman I really want to dig into everything from ideas about American power to the structure of revenge tragedies to the huge canon of DC comics to Amazon mythology.[…]If you told me the most rigorous dramaturgical and intellectual product of  my life would be superhero movies, I would you were crazy. But I do think fans deserve that. I felt I owed the fan base all of my body and soul for two years because anything less wouldn’t have been appreciating the opportunity I had.” – Chris Terrio, writer, Batman v Superman

There was a time above… a time before. There were perfect things… diamond absolutes. But things fall, things on Earth. And what falls… is fallen. In the dream, they took me to the light. A beautiful lie.

The entire film centers around this scene and these lines. In his Wall Street Journal interview, Chris Terrio had this to say:

“It’s almost archetypal. In Batman’s origin [the murder of his parents], the primary thing I was thinking about is the fact he falls. It’s the primary metaphor for Western literature: There was a moment before and then everything fell. That brings up questions of Superman.”

Take care also to note the number on the building to their left, 1108. This corresponds to a verse from the Book of Revelation:
“And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.”
Credit to user “V” on Vimeo, who created this excellent video, “Batman v Superman: Allegory,” which I will reference again later.

Look at this shot with Bruce's mom necklace

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Picture17

The symbolism of Bruce in the cave is obvious. The identity of Batman is how Bruce saved himself from his fallen state. Bruce’s subconscious portrays this in Christ imagery. This is no pointless religious symbolism: this indicates that Bruce ascent into Batman, a god-like identity, is his salvation. Bruce is no longer a man. He is man-made-God. Or, to be more accurate, Bruce is the archetypal tragic hero, and Batman is a god. What separates, in pagan terms, a man from a god? Power. Bruce acquires power, takes on a supernatural form, and thereby ceases to be just a man. However, after being “introduced to the Superman,” Bruce views this as a “beautiful lie.” His method of escaping the psychological “underworld” he was was to obtain power. In the face of Superman, he is no longer powerful. A central theme in the film is “power,” but it’s deeper than simply “power corrupts.” In fact, in the film, the idea that power corrupts is portrayed as a result of psychological trauma. The relative loss of power, in the face of a greater power, also corrupts. This mimetic rivalry is present in both Bruce and Lex.

Remember the main theme of the film. Lex is an archetype, a god. Or he was, until Superman showed up. What do you call a person who is defined archetypally and acquires great power? A god.

He is a liar and a manipulator, like Satan or Pan. He inverts and distorts everything; that is his primary characteristic. It’s assumed that the point of BvS and MoS is to say “Superman is not a god,” but that’s a little simplistic. A mythological god is merely a superpowered person who represents, in most cases, abstractions. Superman is the god of Truth, Justice, Hope. Lex is the god of Lies. Where does that put Batman?

The trafficking victims refer to Batman in interesting terms: “It saved us. A devil.” Remember Chris Terrio: Superman is Apollo, the god of the Sun and of Truth(he does, after all, derive his power from the Sun), and Batman is, god of the underworld and Death. You might think this film is about God vs Man; my interpretation is more subtle than that.

Martha’s mausoleum contains a stained glass painting of St. Michael the Archangel.

This is a modified reproduction of Guido Reni’s famous depiction of St. Michael, casting down Satan at the climax of the War in Heaven, like in Lex Luthor’s office. Among some Christian denominations, St. Michael is considered to be the pre-incarnate Christ. As in the Son, second of the Trinity, before he manifests physically as Jesus. He is also, in the Old Testament and in Revelation, the Angel of Israel and of battle.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Picture143

Ascension of a mountain is archetypally significant. For one, Oracles are generally portrayed as living on top of mountains(as we see in Snyder’s 300.) They are places of solitude and reflection.
Clark’s self-exile is analogous to Dr. Manhattan on Mars, as I said earlier, and Jesus in the wilderness. As such, it represents a temptation: For Clark to abandon his role as savior. Jesus was tempted with power; Clark is tempted with the lack of power.

There are two points of central significance in this scene; one, Jonathan Kent reveals the importance of Lois Lane for Clark. Jonathan’s nightmares only ceased after he married Martha. Jonathan’s nightmares only ceased after he married Martha. Jonathan says of Martha “she was my world.” Remember the Christian worldview: women are Earth, men are heaven. The king and the land are one.

Jonathan’s description of drowning horses(more horse imagery) may be brutal, but he does not say he did the wrong thing. This is a discussion Clark is having with his subconscious father, who is telling him that despite the negative consequences, you must follow your own moral compass and act. No, he cannot be neutral, and he cannot be innocent. All action is moral judgement, but when you have power, you have no choice but to act.

“Breathe it in. That’s fear. You’re not brave. Men are brave.” As we saw with Lex, Bruce’s true motivations come out when he actually confronts Superman. Clark is a vessel for Bruce’s psychological damage.

This sequence of events parallels Bruce’s initial descent – remember Terrio; Bruce’s fall is his defining characteristic. As Bruce ran towards his fall at his parents funeral, he runs towards his fall here.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Picture1134

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Picture1135

This a deeply archetypal event: the descent of the hero into the Underworld. It’s given due visual gravity. Bruce’s line here, “I bet your parents taught you that you mean something, that you’re here for a reason.” There’s a lot packed into this. First, it’s taken directly from The Dark Knight Returns. Second, it’s actually accurate. In Man of Steel, Jonathan Kent says to Clark “I have to believe that you were… That you were sent here for a reason.” The subtext in Man of Steel is, in my interpretation, that Jonathan does believe that Clark’s arrival was an act of divine intervention.

Oh almost like a pit hehe

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Picture1136

https://comicbookdebate.com/2017/11/23/the-metaphysics-of-batman-v-superman/

You know I will rewatch BvS tomorrow but right now it looks like someone from leakers' side either reconctructed some elements and thematic bits from this movie or Terrio included a lot of similar stuff in the movie. Vision like conversations with dead father, hero's self exile, falling in the holes, Satan making heroes fight...
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 4:36 pm

@rawpowah wrote:
@Gemini wrote:On her recent tweet.

I think I know exactly who she is and WTF!? (if its who i think it is) for pretending to be someone in the business. Getting peoples Hope's up when they know nothing.

I'm  not naming names, I dont want to get banned but seriously...wow.
@Gemini

You're making me curious lol
@rawpowah

I'm sorry I'm not trying to be like."I know something and not telling" I know it's annoying.

I literally cant because i could be wrong and I dont want to start accusing people, but based off the tweet recently, I think it's not someone who works in the industry. I'm now about 85% sure that's not LF employee.

Last edited by Gemini on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 4:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 4:37 pm

@Teo oswald wrote:I have a question   but in episode 8 when Rey tells  kylo :
Rey : when we touched hands, I saw your future. Just the shape of it but solid and clear. You will not bow before Snoke. You'll turn. I'll help you.

Kylo Ren : I saw something too. I know that when the time comes, you'll be the one to turn. You'll stand with me, Rey. I saw who your parents are.

do you think that Ben's future, what rey saw didn't come out in episode 9?

in episode 8 it is true that kylo did not bow to Snoke but he was not turn either , so the future that rey has seen can no longer be realized?
@Teo oswald

If JJ is smart, he’ll make sure to follow up on that in TRoS. Force visions are always a bit twisted, out of order and as Yoda would say “always in motion, the future is.” I believe the throne room scene in TLJ was only the first step and both Rey and Ben will have put bits and pieces together that actually happen in different times. Rey is naive so she automatically assumed that Ben not bowing before Snoke and his final turning would happen all at once just because she showed up, but the real turning will happen in TRoS. And Ben being the wannabe dark lord he is saw her by his side and automatically assumed she had turned to the dark side. She was by his side in the TLJ throne room scene showing great combativeness, but she will really be by his side in TRoS. The leaks seem to go in this direction. They mixed up their throne room visions Laughing
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 4:46 pm

The early leak said Rey would revive Kylo, some later ones said force ghosts would. Both? Seems a bit busy. One of those options might sideline Rey, but I know some people don't want her to have even more power than she already does. You'd think if Luke got to do something major like that, Mark would seem peppier about the ST.

Speaking of which, boy have we not heard from Mark in months. They really did want to exclude him this time out, even though it makes sense on multiple fronts.

And yeah, even Vader got a dramatic death scene and funeral pyre. This offs him before in the climax in an undramatic way and gives no resolution. Han got a more dramatic fall down a pit scene, and he wasn't even the Skywallker of the ST. JJ loves his dramatics way too much for this nonsense.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 5:19 pm

Maybe Rey is the one that gets thrown in the pit. We think she is dead. Kylo takes on Palps?

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 7:13 pm

@nickandnora wrote:
@californiagirl wrote:@SanghaRen Oh I don't mind either. The bit in the trailer did make me sad, but good sad. I don't even mind if the Falcon gets blown up, I'm so horrible. Smile
@californiagirl

Before I was like "The Falcon has to survive because Ben has to pilot it and Rey and Ben have to live happily ever after on it like a family of adorable porgs!!1!!" And now I'm like, "Eh, the Falcon can go out in a blaze of glory for all I care if it proves yet another big scene was missing from the leaks" lol.
@nickandnora

The Falcon is my fifth favorite character in Star Wars. But I will sacrifice the Falcon for Chewie any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 7:23 pm

@Birdwoman I think anything is possible. I currently wonder if it’s going to be a kiss of life thing. But with the comic demonstrating that Kylo can catch himself, I think it may be more likely that he gets tossed in a pit.

If it happens at all.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 4:27 am

Now back to the question on the lack of leaks regarding the FO, Prydey & Hux

Lev Grossman Vanity Fair

here's what we now know about the new movie we're gonna learn more about the origin of the first-order which is something that the force awakens kind of skipped over we are gonna go back in this movie and explore how we kind of got into this whole mess

Yet JP's and JW's leaks seem to be missing this information right here.. mmm Confus
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 4:47 am

The Skywalker Saga book

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 415818f0af3e877b8d824a20902ce5d8ff0d399b
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 A2e7a56b76bc20449b7c4d50a88eb7dda2b98568
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 2d2913b730cd553281877894ec77310fdb7d6789
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 3a91c9ac713be684f1154fb7e24ca6115bf0dde7

How the Palpy Horcrux was created?????

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 9f0c5e2ba87928b04a0b8fea8338ea84bb5b3703
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 4:54 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:The Skywalker Saga book

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 415818f0af3e877b8d824a20902ce5d8ff0d399b
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 A2e7a56b76bc20449b7c4d50a88eb7dda2b98568
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 2d2913b730cd553281877894ec77310fdb7d6789
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 3a91c9ac713be684f1154fb7e24ca6115bf0dde7

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 9f0c5e2ba87928b04a0b8fea8338ea84bb5b3703
@spacebaby45678

LOL so once again, Rey is fair and square in Obi Wan Kenobi's spot. Nothing in the Marketing is matching these leaks of Rey Palpatine. Palpatine is not the final answer. The final answer is linked to the second saber, me thinks....

and we also have this image from the book.

LMAO....OMG I think that second blue saber is Obi wans....LAWD, watch this space y'all!

Vader: "can you believe this sith?"

Obi wans saber and Vader is breaking the fourth wall and LOOKING at you...dude..sith just got REAL. That saber is the KEY to everything. No wonder they removed it from TFA vision sequence LOL...

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Screen10
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 5:25 am

@PalmettoBlue wrote:
@nickandnora wrote:
@californiagirl wrote:@SanghaRen Oh I don't mind either. The bit in the trailer did make me sad, but good sad. I don't even mind if the Falcon gets blown up, I'm so horrible. Smile
@californiagirl

Before I was like "The Falcon has to survive because Ben has to pilot it and Rey and Ben have to live happily ever after on it like a family of adorable porgs!!1!!" And now I'm like, "Eh, the Falcon can go out in a blaze of glory for all I care if it proves yet another big scene was missing from the leaks" lol.
@nickandnora

The Falcon is my fifth favorite character in Star Wars. But I will sacrifice the Falcon for Chewie any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
@PalmettoBlue

I'm the inverse. At first I wanted the Falcon to be destroyed because she had been long enough in the saga, but since I saw a meta about the Falcon being a metaphore for Ben, I want her to survive.

@SW_Heroine_Journey
I love your new signature, "NeVer tO Be sEEn agaIn" is the best meme to come of all this. lol!
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 6:53 am

D.S. Dawson wrote that book? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 7:39 am

amazing how on star wars instagram profile the first image is that of Rey and kylo in the throne room of the DS
description : The Force brought us together.” What was your favorite moment from #TheRiseOfSkywalker trailer?

source : https://www.instagram.com/p/B37iP20BP-H/?utm_source=ig_embed

@Gemini wrote:

@spacebaby45678

LOL so once again, Rey is fair and square in Obi Wan Kenobi's spot. Nothing in the Marketing is matching these leaks of Rey Palpatine. Palpatine is not the final answer. The final answer is linked to the second saber, me thinks....

@Gemini

because Palpatine has no heirs, no children, no wife, nothing.
Only in legends it seems to me to say something
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 7:46 am

@Teo oswald wrote:amazing how on star wars instagram profile the first image is that of Rey and kylo in the throne room of the DS
description : The Force brought us together.” What was your favorite moment from #TheRiseOfSkywalker trailer?

@Gemini wrote:

@spacebaby45678

@Gemini

@Teo oswald

Its the same for Obi Wan..in canon, thus far he was supposed to have resisted temptation with Satine...lol.

I think Rey may be more like a horcrux to Palpatine, the original leak was that she had a connection to him but was not related. Like Harry had to Voldy because Voldy killed his mother.

if she's a palpatine and I look back at al this marketing, I will echo Harry: "How dare you stand where he stood!"

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 8:10 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey
I love your new signature, "NeVer tO Be sEEn agaIn" is the best meme to come of all this. lol! [/quote]
@LadyGaufrette

Haha! Thank you, luv! Life is short, and best to have fun! When I saw a number of Reylos worried about it (and I'm not, i.e. huge spectrum from it's BS to it's without context), the Maui scene in Moana came to my mind! lol Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 8:12 am

@Gemini

Or Rey has something that is a Horcrux type thingy in her staff maybe?
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 8:18 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:@Gemini

Or Rey has something that is a Horcrux type thingy in her staff maybe?
@spacebaby45678

ohhhh maybe o.o
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 8:22 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:

@SW_Heroine_Journey
I love your new signature, "NeVer tO Be sEEn agaIn" is the best meme to come of all this. lol!
@LadyGaufrette

Haha!  Thank you, luv!   Life is short, and best to have fun!  When I saw a number of Reylos worried about it (and I'm not, i.e. huge spectrum from it's BS to it's without context), the Maui scene in Moana came to my mind! lol Very Happy Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I think I mentioned it the other day, but JP said point blank he doesn't understand what's so funny about the "never to be seen again" meme, or the description itself. He doesn't understand *why* it's gone viral. Proof positive that, though the guy might have a valid source, he has the critical thinking and sense of humour of a gnat (which should tell us a lot about his interpretative filter).

It is indeed hilarious and joy-inducing. It will be even moreso after the movie comes out and whatever other missing details associated with this event come forward.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Empty Spoilers and rumors

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 8:27 am

@nickandnora wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:

@SW_Heroine_Journey
@LadyGaufrette

Haha!  Thank you, luv!   Life is short, and best to have fun!  When I saw a number of Reylos worried about it (and I'm not, i.e. huge spectrum from it's BS to it's without context), the Maui scene in Moana came to my mind! lol Very Happy Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I think I mentioned it the other day, but JP said point blank he doesn't understand what's so funny about the "never to be seen again" meme, or the description itself. He doesn't understand *why* it's gone viral. Proof positive that, though the guy might have a valid source, he has the critical thinking and sense of humour of a gnat (which should tell us a lot about his interpretative filter).

It is indeed hilarious and joy-inducing. It will be even moreso after the movie comes out and whatever other missing details associated with this event come forward.
@nickandnora

He started with just the facts/bullet points, which is what I prefer, it's why I originally trusted him. However, when his biases emerged, etc, that is when I couldn't anymore.

If he truly wishes to be respected (I'll say again), versus having his terminology go viral and teased, he'll return to just the facts/bullet points. Let everyone else, especially the Reylos because we kick butt at it, interpret and theorize from what he's heard/discovered from his sources. Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 8:40 am

@PalmettoBlue wrote:D.S. Dawson wrote that book? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
@PalmettoBlue

Ok is this bad? Why is it bad? I am not familiar with the author
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 9:16 am

@Gemini wrote:
@Teo oswald wrote:amazing how on star wars instagram profile the first image is that of Rey and kylo in the throne room of the DS

@Gemini wrote:

@spacebaby45678

@Gemini

@Teo oswald

Its the same for Obi Wan..in canon, thus far he was supposed to have resisted temptation with Satine...lol.

I think Rey may be more like a horcrux to Palpatine, the original leak was that she had a connection to him but was not related. Like Harry had to Voldy because Voldy killed his mother.

if she's a palpatine and I look back at al this marketing, I will echo Harry: "How dare you stand where he stood!"

@Gemini

about the connection ..., may be that the answer is in episode 7 when Rey hears many voices including Obi wan and Palpatine.and then we have to figure out why Obi wan tells Rey : these are your first steps. ah and calls her by name.
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 9:40 am

@Teo oswald wrote:
@Gemini wrote:

@Gemini wrote:

@spacebaby45678

@Gemini

@Teo oswald

@Gemini

about the connection ..., may be that the answer is in episode 7 when Rey hears many voices including  Obi wan and Palpatine.and then we have to figure out why Obi wan tells Rey : these are your first steps. ah and calls her by name.
@Teo oswald

Yuh huh

I heard someone actually broke down the palpatine scream and its not palpatine, its Anakin screaming when Obi Wan cut off his legs?

What the others say is all echoes of the past, nothing new. Its characters talking to other characters, Palpatine to Anakin, Obi to Luke..but when you hear him suddenly call Rey by name, its like he has been made aware of her through the forceback and reaches out to her.

Obi wan is the only one talking in the present directly to Rey and it is dialogue which actually moves the story forward for the protagonist, telling her to save Kylo. And it is also revealing something about the character. What would it be revealing? Well I wont go into it again, everyone knows my views lol. It could lie in the fact he calls her right after she sees herself abandoned and sees her past. Then she runs into Kylo and he tells her basically not to ignore him. They are her first steps.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 10:17 am

Can someone clarify something for me?

In the leaks (either the ones we've been talking about or the merchandising ones, or in the trailer that I can't access right now from the computer I'm at), does the Millennium Falcon look different? Is that little escape pod/whatever the heck that rectangular thing was at the front of it in Solo back in the new film? I seem to remember some comments saying that it was.

If that's the case, then *gulp*… I think I know approximately what happens to it in Act III.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum