Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by OrionStars on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 8:22 pm

@rey09 wrote:Ok idk if discussed earlier but someone can get a chance to see the movie with Adam at the premiere and I'm just thinking....if his character is actually done for, why bring someone to watch it with him?! Isn't that just plain old sadistic?! Another point against NTBSA.
@rey09


Emilia hosted a big charity watch party and invited Dany's fans to watch GOT 8 finale with her too. I'm glad that Disney gave Emilia justice and kicked 2D out.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 622
Likes : 3383
Date d'inscription : 2018-11-09

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by nickandnora on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 8:27 pm

@OrionStars wrote:
@rey09 wrote:Ok idk if discussed earlier but someone can get a chance to see the movie with Adam at the premiere and I'm just thinking....if his character is actually done for, why bring someone to watch it with him?! Isn't that just plain old sadistic?! Another point against NTBSA.
@rey09


Emilia hosted a big charity watch party and invited Dany's fans to watch GOT 8 finale with her too. I'm glad that Disney gave Emilia justice and kicked 2D out.
@OrionStars

Just the finale? You mean the episode after
spoiler:
she roasted an entire city alive in brutal fashion?
That's actually less awkward than the alternative. At least they would have known what to expect at that point.

Once again with feeling: Star Wars /= Game of Thrones.

(Lol, now I'm picturing the winner being a little kid who just scream cries through the end of the movie and I'm cracking up.)

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 866
Likes : 5098
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by rey09 on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 8:34 pm

@nickandnora wrote:
@rey09 wrote:Ok idk if discussed earlier but someone can get a chance to see the movie with Adam at the premiere and I'm just thinking....if his character is actually done for, why bring someone to watch it with him?! Isn't that just plain old sadistic?! Another point against NTBSA.
@rey09

Lol, you actually make a minor but logical point (as in, we can't *discount* them doing it, but it would be weird).

Now I have a hilarious visual of the person who won bawling their eyes out as the credits roll and Adam awkwardly sitting there not knowing what to do.
@nickandnora

LOL omg...so awkward Adam's gonna be like YUP...that's that.....

@orionstars oh interesting, I wonder tho since that was on her own, I feel that the energy in that party is a bit different because dany has a massive following (not that kylo doesn't) and it'd be nice for emilia to be around ppl who supported her character. SW premiere is a little bit diff tho because it's the whole cast, it's not necessarily just about one person if that makes any sense. Emilia loves being around ppl and is always very celebratory lol, so maybe it was a way for her to make the best of out a bad situation for her. In contrast, idk how Adam would do lol.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2053
Likes : 9552
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by OrionStars on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 9:26 pm

@nickandnora

@rey09

As far as I know, the charity party was planned before ep 5 aired, it was a dark time, Dany fans never wanted to see her character arc got destroyed as a favor for other characters who weren't as famous as Dany.  Even freefolks thought the leak was ridiculous and denied it. Their respond was just like us now, they got a meltdown and grieved. And Dany's arc got destroyed for nothing anyway because D&D still got kicked out of SW and The queen in the north's Dark Flopenix was still bombed.
Adam already said he will follow the director's vision. He would be ok with it even if JJ wanted to downplay his character to the hole so Ridley can have her chance.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 622
Likes : 3383
Date d'inscription : 2018-11-09

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by nickandnora on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 9:42 pm

@OrionStars wrote:@nickandnora

@rey09

As far as I know, the charity party was planned before ep 5 aired, it was a dark time, Dany fans never wanted to see her character arc got destroyed as a favor for other characters who weren't as famous as Dany.  Even freefolks thought the leak was ridiculous and denied it. Their respond was just like us now, they got a meltdown and grieved. And Dany's arc got destroyed for nothing anyway because D&D still got kicked out of SW and The queen in the north's Dark Flopenix was bombed.
Adam already said he will follow the director's vision. He would be ok with it even if JJ wanted to downplay to the hole his character and so Ridley can have her chance.
@OrionStars

Read the room: We were laughing and having a good time at this scenario of Adam and a crying fan because the man is socially awkward and it's a hilarious visual.

Yes, Adam will be just fine at whatever a director decides (he's, you know, an actor). Him being "just fine" with socializing with a hysterical fan is another matter entirely (and the premise of our joke).

Speaking of, J.J.'s "vision" in his own words is that what happens to Kylo is, "pretty fun." Take that however you will. (You seem to be taking it negatively.)

Unpopular opinion: Freefolk deserves every bit of misery that came their way for their attitude in the seasons leading up to the final one, and for not seeing what happened to Daenerys coming a mile away (and for many other reasons). I would also rather leave the internet forever than have to read myself or anyone on this board be compared (even in an implicit manner) to anyone on freefolk. Please don't.

We can keep bringing up Game of Thrones, but I'm going to keep dropping unpleasant and harsh truths about the reality of that fandom if we do.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 866
Likes : 5098
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by OrionStars on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 10:17 pm

@nickandnora


Even though I didn't join you in discussing and imagining what would happen to Adam and the fan at the premiere of TROS, I understand perfectly that you were having a joke about it. I just simply don't agree with how you used it as a "logical" excuse to rule out the leaks because Emilia already faced the same thing.
Besides, I'm not interested in judging what people deserve. I only pointed out the fact that Dany fans had the exact reaction we're having now. No fans want to see their fave get destroyed, just like we don't want to see Kylo gets thrown down the pit and dies unceremoniously. What did they do to you personally that made you think that they "deserved" the pain they got?
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 622
Likes : 3383
Date d'inscription : 2018-11-09

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by nickandnora on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 10:39 pm

@OrionStars wrote:@nickandnora


Even though I didn't join you in discussing and imagining what would happen to Adam and the fan at the premiere of TROS, I understand perfectly that you were having a joke about it. I just simply don't agree with how you used it as a "logical" excuse to rule out the leaks because Emilia already faced the same thing.
Besides, I'm not interested in judging what people deserve. I only pointed out the fact that Dany fans had the exact reaction we're having now. No fans want to see their fave get destroyed, just like we don't want to see Kylo gets thrown down the pit and dies unceremoniously. What did they do to you personally that made you think that they "deserved" the pain they got?
@OrionStars

Freefolk was/is comprised of the exact same type of dudebro that makes up Star Wars reddits or any other forum that chased Reylos away originally. Jon and Dany was a popular pairing with these people because they were two pretty, seemingly uncomplicated (heh) heroes who would fight evil together while holding hands on dragons and ruling the kingdom together forevermore with no conflict or climax to their tale, the end. In short, they misread the obvious story, badly. They also basked in the hubris of having nearly 100% accurate leaks the season before, from a source that messaged one of then through reddit, only to be horrified when they were wrong in the final season. Is this at ALL sounding familiar? (Hint: it's not us that they are like. It's some other guys.)

I know I'm not the only person getting frustrated when an observation or comment is made and a brigade of strawman arguments relating to Game of Thrones is the response. This has been going on for months now, and I personally have had enough.


Last edited by nickandnora on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 866
Likes : 5098
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by special_cases on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 10:40 pm

“This is the end of the Skywalker saga, and he's a part of that,” Daniels told us.

“So, very definitely, he and Skywalker and whoever will not be on film again, in the way you’re used to.

“Both Threepio and I feel satisfied, and sort of right that it all comes to an end with a wonderful sort of full stop. And I'm not unhappy about that. It was very moving, the last day on the set. That was really quite difficult for me.

What the hell "it all comes to an end with a WONDERFUL sort of FULL STOP" means? I can't think of any "wonderful" full stops in this context including C3PO's fate. Will C3PO be melted in something else, lol? Maybe he meams that if Palpy is defeated, then there couldn't be new films with Skywalkers?
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1901
Likes : 10347
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by nickandnora on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 10:45 pm

@special_cases wrote:
“This is the end of the Skywalker saga, and he's a part of that,” Daniels told us.

“So, very definitely, he and Skywalker and whoever will not be on film again, in the way you’re used to.

“Both Threepio and I feel satisfied, and sort of right that it all comes to an end with a wonderful sort of full stop. And I'm not unhappy about that. It was very moving, the last day on the set. That was really quite difficult for me.

What the hell "it all comes to an end with a WONDERFUL sort of FULL STOP" means? I can't think of any "wonderful" full stops in this context including C3PO's fate. Will C3PO be melted in something else, lol? Maybe he meams that if Palpy is defeated, then there couldn't be new films with Skywalkers?
@special_cases

Key phrase for me that stands out: "In the way you're used to."

Might have something to do with 3PO losing his memory.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 866
Likes : 5098
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 11:11 pm



Freefolk was/is comprised of the exact same type of dudebro that makes up Star Wars reddits or any other forum that chased Reylos away originally. Jon and Dany was a popular pairing with these people because they were two pretty, seemingly uncomplicated (heh) heroes who would fight evil together while holding hands on dragons and ruling the kingdom together forevermore with no conflict or climax to their tale, the end. In short, they misread the obvious story, badly. They also basked in the hubris of having nearly 100% accurate leaks the season before, from a source that messaged one of then through reddit, only to be horrified when they were wrong in the final season. Is this at ALL sounding familiar? (Hint: it's not us that they are like. It's some other guys.)

I know I'm not the only person getting frustrated when an observation or comment is made and a brigade of strawman arguments relating to Game of Thrones is the response. This has been going on for months now, and I personally have had enough.[/quote]
@nickandnora

Same. I had empathy with the nervousness when B&W/D&D (choose your initials - which poison Very Happy Smile) were connected with LF. I understood the causation there caused uneasy feelings, yet I always disagreed there was a connection. Now that they are gone, I do not understand it anymore.

Anyway, I applaud Adam Driver for agreeing to the contest (I know, it helps his non-profit), considering how socially awkward he is. haha! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1780
Likes : 5358
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by cherrylipstick on Wed 30 Oct 2019, 2:03 am

@SkyStar @OrionStars

Yeah poor Daisy, it must be a little frustating to get always the same questions and never really about her character.
As if Rey is important/interesting only when connected to other characters Rolling Eyes




And about Adam... I can't help but smile thinking of the fact that this man usually never wants to see himself and his movies and now he will have to watch it with some stranger dude. I would like to see it Laughing
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick
Moderator

Messages : 519
Likes : 2768
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-11
Age : 34
Localisation : Kylo's room

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by nana7marie on Wed 30 Oct 2019, 4:55 am

@Teo oswald
Regarding Reylo, Ridley only says that they have a contentious relationship, a strong connection and that it culminates in the fight teased in the trailer.  Smile
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 428
Likes : 2282
Date d'inscription : 2018-02-04
Age : 32
Localisation : Poland

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Teo oswald on Wed 30 Oct 2019, 6:17 am

@Gemini

#WheresPryde....they are hiding that man and his story it seems?

Yeah , I want to see him, he's a character I'd like to meet Very Happy

@OrionStars

I don't like it when she only talks about the bad things between Rey and Kylo, or when she talks about a toxic relationship. Why should she only talk about this? There is more. And just to protect her a**? Come on!!!

Yeah, it's so obvious. There're hundreds of questions about Rey that they could use but all they want to know is how are Kylo's tiddies doing today lol! . But since Ridley already said the ending is satisfied from her point of view, I guess she will regain attention for her self-proclaimed Skywalker character again if the leaks are true to every word. wrote:

I am agree .In these things I take them with the right precaution, when a person says: it is a satisfying ending, it is necessary to understand if it is satisfactory because her/his character has been concluded well, or if she/he talks about the whole work.

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1027
Likes : 4466
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-12
Age : 29
Localisation : Italy - Trentino Alto-Adige

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by OrionStars on Wed 30 Oct 2019, 6:32 am

@Teo oswald

Yeah, I agree, that's why I never take their PR game at face value so it won't have any chance to come back to bite me in the @ss later. I believe @AcrosstheStars  already shared her traumatic experience of how she had to endure what JJ meant "fun" in the previous pages. It's no different than when Ridley said TROS is "satisfied" (for Rey, obviously)
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 622
Likes : 3383
Date d'inscription : 2018-11-09

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by AcrosstheStars on Wed 30 Oct 2019, 6:48 am

@OrionStars wrote:@Teo oswald

Yeah, I agree, that's why I never take their PR game at face value so it won't have any chance to come back to bite me in the @ss later. I believe @AcrosstheStars  already shared her traumatic experience of how she had to endure what JJ meant "fun" in the previous pages. It's no different than when Ridley said TROS is "satisfied" (for Rey, obviously)
@OrionStars

I understand what you’re saying and relate to how you’re feeling. I am leery no doubt. But on the bright side, my example was from a long, long time ago and from a TV show very early in his career. There’s no way to know if he still thinks showing a portion of the audience that getting what they wanted would have meant their character had to die is fun, or that he would see a movie nearly 20 years later in the same way. I think the point remains an important takeaway though, that the way filmmakers or cast see things is not always how things actually are, either because of PR spin or they just have a different opinion. “Satisfying” is certainly the buzz word PR has decided to go with, because so many of them are using it.

I’m still really curious about ATAT and how reliable his source is that makes him believe Ben is resurrected at the end. He had all those other pieces of the plot that he leaked months before MSW or JP did, so I’m hoping the same is true here.

Regardless of all that... good for Adam for having a contest. I appreciate him using his success to give back to his roots and give his fans a chance to experience a premiere and hopefully pick his brain on Kylo and the film. I hope one of you win! Whatever happens in the film, I’m sure that will be so fun and memorable for whomever wins.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 346
Likes : 2043
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-09
Localisation : USA

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by nickandnora on Wed 30 Oct 2019, 7:54 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:

Freefolk was/is comprised of the exact same type of dudebro that makes up Star Wars reddits or any other forum that chased Reylos away originally. Jon and Dany was a popular pairing with these people because they were two pretty, seemingly uncomplicated (heh) heroes who would fight evil together while holding hands on dragons and ruling the kingdom together forevermore with no conflict or climax to their tale, the end. In short, they misread the obvious story, badly. They also basked in the hubris of having nearly 100% accurate leaks the season before, from a source that messaged one of then through reddit, only to be horrified when they were wrong in the final season. Is this at ALL sounding familiar? (Hint: it's not us that they are like. It's some other guys.)

I know I'm not the only person getting frustrated when an observation or comment is made and a brigade of strawman arguments relating to Game of Thrones is the response. This has been going on for months now, and I personally have had enough.
@nickandnora

Same.  I had empathy with the nervousness when B&W/D&D (choose your initials - which poison Very Happy Smile) were connected with LF.  I understood the causation there caused uneasy feelings, yet I always disagreed there was a connection.  Now that they are gone, I do not understand it anymore.  

Anyway, I applaud Adam Driver for agreeing to the contest (I know, it helps his non-profit), considering how socially awkward he is. haha! Very Happy Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Honestly, the amount of time that J.J.'s work (or potential future work) is compared to Game of Thrones, a TV show he had nothing to do with, that doesn't even represent the type of story that he *likes*, in relation his own actual body of work is so highly skewed, you would think it was "D&D&J."

ETA: Also: No one else sees the slight possibility that "satisfied" is a bit of a cheeky double entendre, despite the fact that one or two of the times Daisy has said it John and Oscar have looked like they are concealing a laugh? And that she said, "Very satisfying for me." It's certainly a buzzword being passed around, and there could certainly be more than one reason for it.

Daisy's already having a bit of fun misdirecting by getting the audience to believe the fight between her and Kylo being advertised is the *last* fight of the film. And while that's sort of true (it is at least the last fight they are going to have), it doesn't come at the end of the film.

-------

https://www.reyloskyforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=883

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 866
Likes : 5098
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum