Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 14 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by AhsokaTano on Wed 26 Aug 2020, 7:19 am

Unless it reveals perhaps a twist that sheds new light on the ending of TROS ie somehow Ben looked like he died but didn’t because he had an ace up his sleeve ..... am forever hoping when it comes to Ben solo ...I love you
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Wed 30 Sep 2020, 10:38 am

In case anyone was wondering how the American presidential "debate" went last night:

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 14 Scree765
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 30 Sep 2020, 11:42 am

Ouch!
Mark hasn't seen the UK government's handling of the new Covid19 restrictions yet though. Razz
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Wed 30 Sep 2020, 6:36 pm

I remember trying to watch the Holiday Special on YouTube and just giving up from sheer embarrassment Laughing
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Thu 01 Oct 2020, 6:30 pm

Last edited by Kylo Rey on Fri 02 Oct 2020, 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deleted)
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 01 Oct 2020, 11:18 pm

Rian's still a Reylo, hehe.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 14 Scree767

Here's the full version.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 14 Scree110

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 14 Scree766
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

MindAndMagic and fuhry like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 02 Oct 2020, 12:06 pm

LOL that's awesome.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 02 Oct 2020, 12:18 pm

The continued financial power of Kylo/Reylo.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 14 Scree768

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 14 Scree769
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 02 Oct 2020, 1:46 pm

That backpack is great. Super organized, his helmet is a nice touch but not geeky and You are not alone is everything.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 03 Oct 2020, 11:07 am

I wonder how many Disney execs are currently quietly indulging in their own private lightsabre hacking frenzies on realising they let Dumb (Abrams) and Dumber (Terrio) kill off the most popular SW character since Han Solo?
And one who could have brought them so much lovely money.....
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

unicorn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Wed 07 Oct 2020, 1:53 pm

californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Kylo Rey and Atenais like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Wed 07 Oct 2020, 2:58 pm

@californiagirl

I really like how Rian wanted the Force connections to be emotional and not simply used for cool fights and such.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Lily Snape and MindAndMagic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 07 Oct 2020, 3:05 pm

Intimacy was a great call and the execution was simple and effective.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 07 Oct 2020, 3:11 pm

Yes. What a waste. Sad
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 08 Oct 2020, 4:23 pm

Huh, interesting choice of photo/fact to highlight in the run up PR/press considering how hard the studio/production company tried to bury/downgrade that movie in comparison to TRoS. Which somehow I doubt releasing fun facts about MacGuffins, Rey Palpatine, or the Beautiful Friendship Gang would've generated as much interest/attention.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

unicorn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 08 Oct 2020, 4:35 pm

What irritates me is some forums hatred of Kylo is beginning to bleed over into hatred of Adam, slating that his acting did not make them feel sympathy for him.
Obviously they were either watching different films to the ones I saw or their idiotic childish loathing for a fictional character is preventing them from separating fact from make believe. Astonishingly they aren't teens but middle aged men and women.

And one comment - 'Kylo fans are being unfair to his parents, as it's disrespecting Han and Leia for having careers instead of looking after their spoiled overprivileged son.'
Excuse me - when did being a smuggler and pirate become a career?

I'm sorry but I feel nothing but contempt for these individuals - thanks to them the greatest SW character ever was killed off and their precious candyfloss versions of Han and Leia left behind....nothing.
Killing off their son was the worst way to disrespect these characters. And turning Leia into a monster who couldn't be a**** to train her own kid but happily trained his would be killer and Palpatine's seed destroys her character forever. I'm so sorry they did this to Carrie's memory.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv on Thu 08 Oct 2020, 5:28 pm

@motherofpearl1 wrote:What irritates me is some forums hatred of Kylo is beginning to bleed over into hatred of Adam, slating that his acting did not make them feel sympathy for him.
Obviously they were either watching different films to the ones I saw or their idiotic childish loathing for a fictional character is preventing them from separating fact from make believe. Astonishingly they aren't teens but middle aged men and women.

And one comment - 'Kylo fans are being unfair to his parents, as it's disrespecting Han and Leia for having careers instead of looking after their spoiled overprivileged son.'
Excuse me - when did being a smuggler and pirate become a career?

I'm sorry but I feel nothing but contempt for these individuals - thanks to them the greatest SW character ever was killed off and their precious candyfloss versions of Han and Leia left behind....nothing.
Killing off their son was the worst way to disrespect these characters. And turning Leia into a monster who couldn't be a**** to train her own kid but happily trained his would be killer and Palpatine's seed destroys her character forever. I'm so sorry they did this to Carrie's memory.
@motherofpearl1
Career shouldn't be more important than family. If it is then family falls apart just like it did in SW for Han and Leia.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 09 Oct 2020, 2:24 am

I think if you're going to be married to your work, don't bother with a spouse or family, and I'm talking about the men as well as the women.

One individual on the forum I quit was p****** off because she I believe is a teacher and saw my comments as a personal insult. But I'm referring to those for whom work is always first and foremost. I've seen examples in real life, and they always have strained relationships with their kids. Makes me think of the old 'Cat in the Cradle' song.
Leia was married to her job as a politician, Han oddly has more of an excuse as he never knew a strong family unit in childhood, so had little idea of how to be a parent.
Sending their son away when he was nine wasn't a good idea, as Ben would see it as trying to get rid of him, perfect fodder for Snoke and his manipulation.
And how I wish people would stop it with the argument that Ben was sent to a boarding school - he was sent to a f****** monastery for Pete's sake!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 09 Oct 2020, 1:03 pm

I wasn't going to bring it here, but it kept escalating and getting worse and sadder. There was an article published yesterday where the author took down Snape fans/Snapewives and threw Kylo Ren in there too, using the same nonsense we've been hearing for 5 years, including a comparison to sympathy for Columbine shooters. Today the author said she has come to peace with her "bad boy syndrome" and wasn't afraid to drag it for what it was unlike women who put mediocre white men on a pedestal. She also tweeted if the Reylos had all blocked her by now so they could stop crying because her article "oppressed them or whatever," and EK Johnston joined in, because of course.

Anyway, if I had to be witness to all this, you have to be too.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 09 Oct 2020, 1:45 pm

Doesn't surprise me at all. I've mentioned Netflix's Cursed, and the Weeping Monk character who reminds me of Kylo. Apparently a fan had a pompous post sent to her telling her she was 'fascinated by a genocidal maniac and it wasn't healthy.'

Any enemies to lovers trope seems to be fair game these days. I got so fed up when someone asked me why I sympathised with killers I told them that I didn't, I sympathised with abused children who were so damaged they thought right was wrong.

At least in the Cursed series someone actually said this to the character.....no one ever told Ben/Kylo he was a victim.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Fri 09 Oct 2020, 5:47 pm

Nah, drama happened but it was the same as it always is. A bunch of irrelevant writers/journalists/tastemakers who decide to use a platform to purge their personal problems and trash people with different tastes than them, all the while adding a layer of "social critique" when it's anything but; it's just a very sanitized, westernized "criticism" of fiction that doesn't take into account the medium, what fiction is, and the context.

It's also super funny how these people tell shippers/villain stans to get help help, when they're classic cases of repression (in psychological terms). Instead of truly embracing their desires through healthy and safe ways (like fiction), they internalize them and then blame others who manage their s*** just fine Laughing
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 10 Oct 2020, 1:46 am

Ironically many Kylo fans are themselves abuse survivors, or mentally ill.
I was genuinely taken aback when on a completely different forum, one concerning real life news and events, someone started on about how she/he was disgusted at fans of Kylo Ren as it was an insult to women who are in real life abusive relationships.
It's almost funny when you actually watch the films and the person who always ends up being beaten and abused isn't Rey - in fact, she is often the one dong the 'abusing'!
Cases in point - TFA. Rey disarms Kylo, no longer needs to defend herself. Still goes ahead and scars him. Not a 'Jedi' quality.
TLJ - Kylo offers her his hand. He begs her, not orders her to join him. This after he kills Snoke for her and fights side by side against his guards. Rey responds by reaching for a weapon. Not a Jedi quality.
Creme de la creme - TROS. Rey stabs Kylo in the stomach when he's unarmed and mourning his mother. HIS mother, not hers. Sith quality.

In short Rey gets away with it because she's female. I'm sorry but that isn't a good message for women's empowerment.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick on Sat 10 Oct 2020, 5:22 am

I never understood this need to find a psychological explanation behind personal tastes.
We are talking about fictional characters and stories, it's not reality, relax!
What is wrong in liking a certain ambiguous character or a certain romantic dynamic? As long as it's not an obsession and it doesn't affect real life I really don't see the problem.
Honestly I don't like when others want to judge what I like or tell me what I should like.
And strangely it is almost always men who feel the need to guide women in their personal tastes, because apparently we need help  Rolling Eyes
Live and let live!
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

MindAndMagic and motherofpearl1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 10 Oct 2020, 6:01 am

How I agree with you there. It's supposed to be a free world where we are allowed to enjoy books, films, tv and other fictional forms of escapism as we wish. And as an adult I resent being told what to like by people who, putting it kindly should mind their own Censored business.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Tue 13 Oct 2020, 2:29 pm

This is from a post, from Pablo's new SW fact/trivia book. I also recall an earlier book, I think the TLJ art book, saying Luke was an isolated crankyhead in George's version too. There's apparently quite a bit of ST stuff in this book.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 14 Ekopra10

In other news, there was an awful piece on the SW website by an anti that wildly mischaracterized Kylo and Rey, turning him into a full-on mustache twirling Vader-ish villain, even kind of altered the plot and motivations of TROS, and erased the kiss. Then the writer said on Twitter she hopes Reylos know they each have a man inside of them. Uh... what? But also Amy Richau, who is a Reylo, wrote an her first article there about siblings in SW. The site really is sometimes like SW Insider, where it's a separate publication and LF doesn't pay too much attention so all the bad and good takes and correct and incorrect information just sort of run rampant and they're basically op-eds and don't really count.

In terms of articles keeping consistency in the SW world, the closest I've seen is Alex Kane 's piece yesterday about how the new Squadrons game which people seem to like fits into canon, but that was for an entirely separate site, not SW/LF. The fans really are better at keeping it together than the official outlets sometimes.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum