Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 15 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Piper Maru on Tue 13 Oct 2020, 2:43 pm

Alex Kane himself said the website was a crazy gig and that a lot of people just wrote a lot of personal opinions there without any veto; they just happened to write for SW because they're friends/colleagues with people in higher places. So I wouldn't put any stock in whatever it's there, be it anti or pro Reylo.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Tue 13 Oct 2020, 6:06 pm

Yeah, I saw people getting upset or saying that canon is dead, but I really don't think whichever rabid anti giving their version of TROS really counts as canon.

Another thing that came out of the facts book was Rey's preproduction names, one of which was Winkie. People are having a riot with this, like "Winkie, you're a Palpatine," or "I'm Winkie... Winkie who?... Tinkie Winkie," referring to the Teletubby. It's a great time.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 15 Oct 2020, 10:45 am

Someone must have been on something when they came out with that one. Why not call her Wee Willie Winkie instead? Razz
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Tue 27 Oct 2020, 3:08 pm

LOL

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 15 Scree772
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 27 Oct 2020, 3:35 pm

Very Happy Laughing Razz Razz Razz
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 19 Nov 2020, 11:46 am

It's Adam's birthday and Disney+ India posted this Kylo version of the meme they made.  Razz

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 15 Enmmxe10
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 19 Nov 2020, 11:50 am

I swear two people could comfortably sit on his shoulders, one each.
Possible exceptions being J Lo and Kim Kardashian.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 19 Nov 2020, 11:00 pm

There was so much love for Adam and Kylo today.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 15 Scree774

Full image:
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 15 Enollb10
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 20 Nov 2020, 2:04 am

I think he'll always be the most memorable character SW ever produced no matter what the saddos on other forums say. What a pity DLF didn't realise what a treasure they'd got, and instead ended up sacrificing for a third rate Luke clone. silent
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 20 Nov 2020, 7:49 am

That's a really lovely tribute. Bravo, fans!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

MindAndMagic and Atenais like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 27 Nov 2020, 5:57 pm

Naomi Ackie deleted her Instagram. I don't know if anything specific went down, but every new biggest female character of each ST movie saw the actor leave social media in under a year. Combined with the flack this season of the Mandalorian for both Gina Carano and Rosario Dawson being transphobes, I swear SW (or it's fandom) can't get their actresses right.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 28 Nov 2020, 3:50 am

I used to be proud of being a SW fan. Now, after the way they treated Rian Johnson, whose film I loved and will always be my favourite of the entire saga, together with the response I got from defending Kylo on other forums, I prefer to not want to associate myself with the fandom. Case in point: I mentioned how TROS had destroyed the entire saga for me because of Ben Solo's fate and one poster told me how absolutely glad they were that I was miserable, it 'served me right for defending Han Solo's killer'.

This from someone my age. I genuinely wonder at the psychology of these people.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Sun 29 Nov 2020, 1:49 am

@californiagirl wrote:Naomi Ackie deleted her Instagram. I don't know if anything specific went down, but every new biggest female character of each ST movie saw the actor leave social media in under a year. Combined with the flack this season of the Mandalorian for both Gina Carano and Rosario Dawson being transphobes, I swear SW (or it's fandom) can't get their actresses right.
@californiagirl

The Gina Carano thing sounds legit, but the Rosario Dawson thing just doesn’t— more like someone close to her family with a personal grudge who has now dropped 18 of 20 charges. The remaining charges have something to do with physical assault by Dawson’s mother?
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sun 29 Nov 2020, 3:23 pm

Vader's physical actor died, ugh.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 15 Scree775
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Darth Dementor likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 29 Nov 2020, 3:36 pm

Bless you Dave. Goodbye to another icon of my childhood.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Tue 01 Dec 2020, 1:32 pm

Boy is this thread on point. It's weird how Kylo is like the embodiment for people to project their problems onto. https://twitter.com/necromancydrew/status/1333823027059036161
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 01 Dec 2020, 2:15 pm

Wow. Nice to see someone with the guts to openly denounce the behaviour of antis.
Talking of which....an individual whose name I can't mention, on a forum I also can't mention....has given me a really good laugh on describing Kylo as...'violating Rey'. When I finished giggling and read the rest of his post it's pretty obvious he's a huge Finn fan whose so called moral righteousness simply stems from the fact that he wanted Finn to get the girl. If there's one thing I like about antis is they  are so ridiculous they are a major source of amusement, much needed in these dark times.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 on Tue 01 Dec 2020, 8:59 pm

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Wow. Nice to see someone with the guts to openly denounce the behaviour of antis.
Talking of which....an individual whose name I can't mention, on a forum I also can't mention....has given me a really good laugh on describing Kylo as...'violating Rey'. When I finished giggling and read the rest of his post it's pretty obvious he's a huge Finn fan whose so called moral righteousness simply stems from the fact that he wanted Finn to get the girl. If there's one thing I like about antis is they  are so ridiculous they are a major source of amusement, much needed in these dark times.
@motherofpearl1

Far be it for me to denigrate TLJ and Rian who's an absolute sweetheart (and TLJ is also in my top three SW movies), but I have to say that what Rian did with Kylo gave those people a lot of ammunition. You may not agree, I know, but it's just my take on TLJ. It was a magnificent effort, but many fans just don't get it.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 02 Dec 2020, 2:29 am

Don't worry, I get  what you mean, but the problem with these people is they came to their own conclusions about Rey and her relationship with Kylo post TFA - conclusions I and a lot of people here disagree with - and absolutely nothing in the world will ever change that. Not Rian, or the very large amount of real life abuse victims I've interacted with on tumblr who identified with Kylo rather than Rey. Disney shrank back from directly stating Kylo was an abuse victim, but I'll never forget Andy Serkis openly calling the character 'a predator', and Rian went as far as he could to show him in that light. Unfortunately Kylo haters will never, ever see him as anything but a 'space fascist' and 'female abuser', even if he was graphically shown as a victim of abuse rather than a perperator.
People of course have the right to dislike TLJ, but it saddens and also angers me that Disney/JJ described Rian as 'writing them into a corner' - because I'm of the opinion he took what JJ had hinted at, and ran with it. JJ himself described Kylo as 'broken', and Leia (thank you Carrie, bless you) stated quite clearly that Snoke had manipulated her son, and that she wanted him back. It was also shown that he regretted killing his father the moment he did it. So Rian then showed the awful psychological effect it had on Ben, plus intensifying the repulsive nature of his relationship with Snoke.  JJ himself droned on about Rey's parents not being in TFA as if they were of no significance, and Maz emphasised that she should look to the future and not the past, so Rian made out her parents were nobodies and that she should look forward rather than back. Most of all, Luke needed to have a very good reason for disappearing the way he did, for feeling so responsible, and hiding out instead of joining the fight. And Rian gave him a reason.
Simple fact is, antis didn't want a 'sympathetic' Kylo. They wanted a one note, eeeevil villain. They chose to ignore that as Han and Leia's son he would never be that. And I'm sorry to say, many are Finn fans and JB stoked their anger with his petulant little SM posts which destroyed much of my respect for him as a person. Ironically I suspect that when the dust has settled comics and other media will give them what they want - the groundwork has been laid. Ben Solo is dead. Rose and Finn's relationship has been erased. There was no sign of a romantic relationship between Finn and Jannah. And now it's revealed Finn is Force sensitive then Rey of course will have to train him, so there's the excuse to throw them together. I guess in future the message is if you are a complete troll on social media, you will get what you want. The movie makers will listen to you.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Wed 02 Dec 2020, 5:55 pm

LOL

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 15 Scree776
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 03 Dec 2020, 2:21 am

Oh dear God that is genuinely terrifying! Shocked
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn on Thu 03 Dec 2020, 2:20 pm

WTH is this???!!!!??? The ugliest and scariest painting on earth What a Face What a Face ROFL ROFL ROFL
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 03 Dec 2020, 4:41 pm

Here's a happier thing instead, Daisy says Rey and Ben were naturally connected before Palpatine was involved. I know going to the cast members for validation isn't always the greatest, but it's always nice Smile https://twitter.com/reyswolos/status/1334561215314612225
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

MindAndMagic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 04 Dec 2020, 4:50 am

I often wonder if Daisy was actually 'for' Reylo until she was 'got at' into saying she can't get behind it - remember her praising the reylo art.

The sad thing is, with great respect to Daisy the trilogy should have been about Ben. He should have been the main character, not Rey. As the descendant of Anakin, it should have been his story, not Rey's. Rey would have made a great co star but Ben Solo was and is, the best thing in the ST, no matter what Finn fans say. Disney could have given him a happy ending, with the woman he loved, and then made films about new original characters. That way the Skywalker saga would have ended on a high note.
My bro sent me this on youtube, sorry if it's already been posted. forgive the Censored adverts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3-tdssz8JU
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 10 Dec 2020, 7:38 pm

Disney had this 3 hour investor meeting where they announced a hundred thousand things and basically broke the internet. Here's just the LF stuff, though I'll be avoiding the Mando spinoffs because they have Gina Carano/Rosario Dawson in them. Finally getting a SW film directed by a woman, go Patty! Taika's still around, literally no info, but a cool logo. Rian's films we're mentioned, but also still no formal cancellation like with D&D. And the Leslye Headland show sounds dope. I'm surprised at the level of interest for the Cassian Andor show, also Hayden coming back (probably briefly) for Obi-Wan. A Lando show of course, that's been rumored for a while. Plus a droid show, and anime short films. They claim 10 SW shows in the next few years. Plus a few non-SW things. My brain is melted. https://www.starwars.com/news/future-lucasfilm-projects-revealed
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum