Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Gemini on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 4:58 am

So apparently Kylo says "lets go home together" to Rey? This was in the 10 min footage? or a leaked scene removed by Disney this morn?

REG says its like The Wizard of Oz?

"No place like home?"

Tatooine just happens to be the planet that Ben and Rey decide to go back to at the end of the saga?

I think its the planet where they both belong.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 5:04 am

New still of Leia

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Gakctdkzbz341
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 5:15 am

@Gemini wrote:So apparently Kylo says "lets go home together" to Rey? This was in the 10 min footage? or a leaked scene removed by Disney this morn?

REG says its like The Wizard of Oz?

"No place like home?"

Tatooine just happens to be the planet that Ben and Rey decide to go back to at the end of the saga?

I think its the planet where they both belong.
@Gemini

watch this :
https://mobile.twitter.com/xtrillasudurix/status/1204691314207363073
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 5:29 am

@Teo oswald wrote:
@cirelle wrote:These new leak biases are kind of funny. While I really hope Ben can survive the trilogy, if he goes out for the sake of love..well he did what his grandpa couldn't do. But you know, if JJ makes it that the end twist is Rey exchanged back half of the life force so Ben and Rey end up sharing a life... come on JJ don't make it a BE reylo!!
@cirelle

you said something very interesting.
Rey dies and Ben gives her his strength and he dies. Rey lives and with the help of the ghosts of the force  defeats Palpatine.
Now I don't know how much strength Ben gave to Rey but she could :
1) ask for help from the ghosts of force
2) transmit a minimum quantity to bring it to life.
if you notice these two things there are not in the leaks ... why?
it's a logical thing to do. Rey would never go alone without Ben. He came for her, they fought together and Rey leaves?
Luke took his father before the death star exploded. I don't believe in these leaks, there's more.

If Ben brings Rey to life and he dies, Rey can give him that little strength. so both live thanks to that bond. this is star wars, not a colossal forcing contained in the leaks.!!!
@Teo oswald

When MSW posted an update, he said Palatine drains both of them, Ben goes over to Rey, heals her, then gets tossed in the pit, the end.

JP’s new update says Palpatine tosses Ben in to the pit, the Jedi of the past help Rey, she defeats Palpatine but dies. Ben then climbs out of the pit, finds her, brings her back to life, they kiss, then he dies and becomes one with the Force. The latter implies it’s a Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Luke thing (aka no body, he just disappears). In that scenario, there’s no body for her to bury, heal, or beg anyone else to heal.

The hole in both of these leaks is no Force ghost Ben on Tatooine. If he’s dead, we see his ghost at the end IMO. That makes me think he’s not dead.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 5:37 am

@AcrosstheStars

Does he mention, anywhere that Kylo brings a second light saber to Rey in his updated leaks?

Does he mention anywhere that Pryde does something/is in the Climax of the thrird act?

If not. This dude is not up to date. He also does not have the whole story from his "leakers"

Albiet, the second saber may not be in the movie but im willing to bet my left foot that it is still there.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 5:42 am

@Gemini wrote:Ok,

The second part of farewell sounds pretty positive to me. It sounds like kylo dies and Ben rises.

The final track is not sad either, its revealing in tone and pace...I can hear this. Ive worked on and studied films for the majority of my adult life..I'm prerry confident here
Well I'm hoping. Lol.

I also dont think that last one is complete. It's the revealing part only.

A New Home

Is

A New Hope

ANH

@Gemini

First of all great catch by you last night... in ROTS ending Obi Wan arrives on Tatooine.. with baby Luke..

This is literally his New Home for the next 18 years...

Obi Wan ceases to be Obi Wan after falling from a great height... he becomes Ben

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 C6fb3636a8ee389fab6e8118edbd06c062044aa1
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 5:46 am

@Gemini wrote:@AcrosstheStars

Does he mention, anywhere that Kylo brings a second light saber to Rey in his updated leaks?

Does he mention anywhere that Pryde does something/is in the Climax of the thrird act?

If not. This dude is not up to date. He also does not have the whole story from his "leakers"

Albiet, the second saber may not be in the movie but im willing to bet my left foot that it is still there.
@Gemini

JP is the one who says Luke gives her Leia’s saber on Ach-To. At the climax, she sends it to Ben through the Force Bond to fight the Knights of Ren outside the arena. The way it reads, he must drop it when he goes in the pit, and she uses both of them to deflect the lightning. That part has been in his leaks for months now.

The Pryde part I can’t help with, I’m sorry! I don’t want to read the leak updates in full detail just in case they are mostly accurate. I know I did see when scanning it for the Reylo part that Pryde worked for Palpatine when he was Emperor.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 5:48 am

@AcrosstheStars wrote:
@Gemini wrote:@AcrosstheStars

@Gemini

JP is the one who says Luke gives her Leia’s saber on Ach-To. At the climax, she sends it to Ben through the Force Bond to fight the Knights of Ren outside the arena. The way it reads, he must drop it when he goes in the pit, and she uses both of them to deflect the lightning. That part has been in his leaks for months now.

The Pryde part I can’t help with, I’m sorry! I don’t want to read the leak updates in full detail just in case they are mostly accurate. I know I did see when scanning it for the Reylo part that Pryde worked for Palpatine when he was Emperor.
@AcrosstheStars

AYE ok thank you Smile The bolded is awesome.

"Seeing Sights" I bet is linked in with that saber and one of them getting a vision through it. I don't know who the hell may be seeing the force back though. Kylo or Rey.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 5:58 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Gemini wrote:Ok,

The second part of farewell sounds pretty positive to me. It sounds like kylo dies and Ben rises.

The final track is not sad either, its revealing in tone and pace...I can hear this. Ive worked on and studied films for the majority of my adult life..I'm prerry confident here
Well I'm hoping. Lol.

I also dont think that last one is complete. It's the revealing part only.

A New Home

Is

A New Hope

ANH

@Gemini

First of all great catch by you last night... in ROTS ending Obi Wan arrives on Tatooine.. with baby Luke..

This is literally his New Home for the next 18 years...

Obi Wan ceases to be Obi Wan after falling from a great height... he becomes Ben

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 C6fb3636a8ee389fab6e8118edbd06c062044aa1
@spacebaby45678

Is this why Kylos real name is Ben?

And Reys real name is possibly
Spoiler:
Kenobi
....because....

Spoiler:
Ben and Kenobi...

Ben-Kenobi

Are both on Tatooine at the end of the SW saga just like A New Hope.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 6:11 am

I listened countless times to A New Home and I find last half of this track is the most interesting in the whole score. Yes, there is something that looks like leitmotif for Reylo in Farewell that at first appears in Rescue - it looks like in Farewell it's the moment of kiss if there is a kiss, but the music here is what you expect from Star Wars. Last minute of score sounds very... unusual? I get that this is alluding to lullaby and the scrore can be incomplete but it sounds almost... haunting to me? Very curious.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 6:14 am

@special_cases wrote:I listened countless times to A New Home and I find last half of this track is the most interesting in the whole score. Yes, there is something that looks like leitmotif for Reylo in Farewell that at first appears in Rescue - it looks like in Farewell it's the moment of kiss if there is a kiss, but the music here is what you expect from Star Wars. Last minute of score sounds very... unusual? I get that this is alluding to lullaby and the scrore can be incomplete but it sounds almost... haunting to me? Very curious.
@special_cases

It's because the new motif builds up to a moment of 'revelation' through repetition. It sounds mysterious but not in a creepy way. It's almost like a secret.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 6:23 am

@Piper Maru Yeah, totally agree about mysterious, "almost like a secret". Great description.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 7:10 am

Yeah, the last track is kind of haunting and not what you’d expect for the final scene. And it does sound like it’s building to something revelatory. It actually reminds me of the end of TFA when Rey goes to Ahch-to and finds Luke standing there.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 7:12 am

@special_cases wrote:I listened countless times to A New Home and I find last half of this track is the most interesting in the whole score. Yes, there is something that looks like leitmotif for Reylo in Farewell that at first appears in Rescue - it looks like in Farewell it's the moment of kiss if there is a kiss, but the music here is what you expect from Star Wars. Last minute of score sounds very... unusual? I get that this is alluding to lullaby and the scrore can be incomplete but it sounds almost... haunting to me? Very curious.
@special_cases

Yes I also feel there's something going on with that last one. It has that flourish after the buildup which makes me feel that there's where she sees Ben staring out to the sunset if that happens. I thought I heard something very minor like this at the very end of healing wounds.

I'm thinking back of those older leaks or rumours of kylo sacrificing himself with palpatine's self inside of him. I always thought that after he gives his life for her rey would do anything to be with him. It's the most incredible and beautiful thing anyone could do- reviving your dead body with their own life? I can't imagine her resting easy after that.

I think most are expecting the end Rey to take the baton and have this newfound purpose to bring peace to the galaxy, create new jedi etc. But I don't get how she would mentally be there when she's still grappling with Ben's sacrifice. She found belonging in someone and then he's gone the next second. I'm wondering if at the every end, we will see it was always about him.

Also does anyone know the point of burying the sabers lol? Like why...? If she calls herself a skywalker, why not just keep them?

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 8:59 am

Okay, I missed the first 45 minutes of the stream and watched the rest in a background, but there was hardly anything of interest - a stream of red carpet with cast taking selfies with the audience and giving autographs, with a voiceover by the hosts chatting all things SW and a side of online comments. TRoS preview is held at a few cinemas in Japan so I guess somebody is gonna give us some info soon.

I keep reading about Track 22/Farewell and the sampled soundtrack overall and I’m so tempted to listen because of all your guys praise, but I hope I’ll be strong enough to rests that temptation, haha! Lolilol

@reylo1992 wrote:Frankly, I think we have good reason to hope. That soundtrack - especially the end - doesn't sound like a usual John Williams' score. I'm no musician but some parts - especially the last track - remind me of Pierre Adenot's soundtrack for 2014 French version of Beauty & the Beast. Strangely, I have been thinking about the ending of this specific movie like 2 weeks ago because it's how I picture Reylo at the end of the ST: two normal individuals just living a simple life together in a quiet place.  It's definitely a more bittersweet and less romantic version than Disney version of BABT but I believe that it would suit better to the tone of TROS and the Reylo relationship. I don't really imagine them making big declaration of lovein most desperate moment like Anidala or Hanleia, more something barely expressed but that feels real after so many hurting. I remember feeling  initially disappointed that Belle expressed so few emotions when she said "But I do" and then after watching it again it suits better to the tone of the movie and makes the ending more emotional.
@reylo1992
TBH, I feel it’s actually more romantic cos it’s intimate - it’s less epic, though, but what I love about Reylo is precisely the intimacy so I’m all for it.

@toolonelytosleep wrote:As sad as Kylo's (possible) fate is, I can't help but find it kind of funny how the leaks concerning him keep upgrading. First, it's the oh so definitive "Never to be seen again." Then, it's "Oh, he doesn't immediately die; he saves Rey and then he dies!" Now? "Oh, he saves Rey, they share a kiss like in those icky fanfics, and then he dies (again)!"

Now I'm waiting for the leaks to update with Ben's survival. Laughing
@toolonelytosleep
Same! Twisted Evil

@Moonlight13 wrote:They say "home is where the heart is" so maybe "A New Home" is not just about a place, I'm just saying... Ninja
@Moonlight13
This is precisely what came to my mind upon reading the title of that track!
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 11:00 am

@Kylo Rey wrote:Yeah, the last track is kind of haunting and not what you’d expect for the final scene. And it does sound like it’s building to something revelatory. It actually reminds me of the end of TFA when Rey goes to Ahch-to and finds Luke standing there.
@Kylo Rey

The last track in particular reminds me a little of Memoirs of a Geisha althought there are also these 7 notes from BATB at the beginning. There is something both reflective and rising in this track like in Sayuri's theme. The interesting thing is that John Williams confessed this is the only movie in his career where he specifically requested to be the music director. It sounds different from his other scores but I really enjoy how he scored Sayuri's theme like an ascending journey. Sounds like he really had a thing for the character the same way he has for Rey. I don't know all his scores but that's the closest I found from the last track. The ending of the movie sounds a little bittersweet although Sayuri is finally reunited with Chairman in the end. I love the closing monologue. Not a big ending but a beautiful emotion to take with. If I remember well, that's how Daisy described the ending of TROS too.

reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 11:10 am

@reylo1992 Omg, so interesting. Thanks for info! It does sound similar to the last track!
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 11:23 am

That repeating melody in the end reminds me to a joyful version of this theme too:
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 12:31 pm

JJ went out of his way in Rey's TFA intro to show how much her being alone was miserable, not a happy symbol of her independence. She wants relationships and a family, she's indicated chosen family (at least by the end, maybe not in the beginning of TROS, when she's still after info on her parents). JJ I Like Happy Endings That Make People Feel Good Abrams doing this ending just seems so out of character for both him and Rey.

It also occurred to me that neither TPM nor ANH have their first or last scenes on Tatooine. Might mean nothing, but an interesting note.

Interesting to look back at the older JP leaks. Much of it is seems accurate with what we now know, though I have questions about things that never came back up again. Kef-Bir, which we now know the planet Jannah and the DS are on, is not a jungle planet, though there is a jungle planet earlier, but that's a rather minor quibble. I'd forgotten about the KOR surviving until the final battle, or Palpatine trying to rebuild the DS. For whatever reason, the marketing was giving me the impression the KOR might do a couple of cool action scenes and then die, leaving development for the comics etc., which I would get because there's only so much time in one film. This is also the one with the oracle, Matt Smith as Palpatine, and Kylo resurrection, which aren't in the current crop of leaks, and haven't been in a very long time. I was into all three of those things, and were sad when they were no longer present. I recall the oracle was discarded because it was too weird, or was that just speculation or hearsay? Paired with the possibility that Palpatine is briefly a vampire too is just adding on to my list of questions about him.

Do you remember something that was floating around for a bit called the dyad? Did they mean the wayfinder, which has hung around the leaks for longer?

After the revelation that the leakers' sources are intentionally hiding certain parts from their leaks, it makes me wonder what else isn't being represented at all? Are they cutting Kylo out of other parts too? Are they passing off one scene as the final scene? We knew parts were missing, but I didn't think it would be by that much intentional omission.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 12:39 pm

Indeed, no matter how you slice it I just find it difficult to believe Daisy would consider Rey ending her journey on a desolate sand planet alone after being revived through the life force of her now lost force partner and buried the weapons of her masters in a symbolic funeral "emotionally satisfying" and "deeply personal". I mean, it's certainly interesting, but it's so sad! Daisy actually made a point of saying it's not a big showy ending, which makes me sincerely doubt that we'll be getting some kind of montage of happiness across the galaxy - I don't think that's the point this time around.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 12:40 pm

I get that they might be going for a symmetry of sorts to end with Rey pretty much alone on a desert planet. But even if the point is that we know everything has changed for her even if the scene looks the same, it still just doesn't feel right. Not after her journey and what has driven her all this time. Her ending should have been surrounded by the people she's come to care about and see as family, whether or not Ben is there with her. I almost liked it more when the damn trio was there than this.

Also I just can't get over Rey finding out that her parents really did love her and sacrificed for her and yet taking someone else's name. Like wut.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 12:54 pm

I will say that although I certainly want Ben to live, this is not the kind of ending that would turn me off from everything Star Wars and I would still be intrigued to hear the cast and writers talk all about it and why they chose this particular bittersweet note. I really could like it in execution. FFX is one of my favourite love stories and it's even more tragic than this, but the conclusion kind of feels rather akin to what's currently described. The soundtrack even has a similar tone - it's sad that he's fading away, but it swells into an epic and rather optimistic chorus as they embrace, become one and he falls to be with his father.

(Of course FFX was very clearly going to be a tragedy right from the beginning, lol. And the truly tragic part comes after this when she whistles into the empty ocean hoping he'll return for her).
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 1:46 pm

If Rey ends alone somewhere, desert or not desert, doesn't matter... What was her story's goal? To get famous surname? To get right surname? To find the truth about her parents? Quite shallow and small for Star Wars. Funny, but it's Rey's story that requires Ben's survival more than Skywalker's story.

If her journey was finding her belonging with friends, why do we even need her journey after TLJ? She seems found it already in TFA. Luke's story goal was to become a Jedi like his father. He didn't get it before the end which is quite typical for protagonists.

Well, we will know in few days.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyloSpanishFan on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 1:56 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:I will say that although I certainly want Ben to live, this is not the kind of ending that would turn me off from everything Star Wars and I would still be intrigued to hear the cast and writers talk all about it and why they chose this particular bittersweet note. I really could like it in execution. FFX is one of my favourite love stories and it's even more tragic than this, but the conclusion kind of feels rather akin to what's currently described. The soundtrack even has a similar tone - it's sad that he's fading away, but it swells into an epic and rather optimistic chorus as they embrace, become one and he falls to be with his father.

(Of course FFX was very clearly going to be a tragedy right from the beginning, lol. And the truly tragic part comes after this when she whistles into the empty ocean hoping he'll return for her).
@FrolickingFizzgig

Ah! I completelly forgot about FFX when I talked about another endings similar to the leaked one (and I thought about FFVII, but not FFX, my bad Razz )

I have been thinking about the supposed ending and the Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann one, in fact I believe Rey and Simon (main character of TTGL) are pretty similar (SPOILERS of TTGL from here). They´re both orphans scavengers who live in inhospitable places at the beginning, then they know somebody -not the love interest- "from the outside" and go out, they discover the world and form an alliance with some outsiders -the Resistance-. All of them confront "the emperor" towards the end. Simon falls in love with the emperor "daughter", Nia, but she is somewhat a villain and is controlled by the baddies. At the end, Simon and the "resistance" win, he rescues Nia and they get married... but she fades away after they kiss. Simon goes alone around the world while the "resistance" keeps the peace. Well, it´s VERY summarized, but if Abrams is an anime fan (he´s the "Kimi no Na Wa" remake producer, after all), and if the leaked ending results to be true, then I can´t see how he has not got influences from TTGL Razz

I have found the wedding and the ending (it happens some years later) in Youtube. The last one has only spanish subs, but here Simon is basically saying how to open the coconut to the kid, the kid is grateful and he asks who is he, Simon answers that he is nobody. Finally the kid is amazed at the sight of the Gurren-Lagann ("the resistance") troupe. Simon says that all their friends are waiting in the stars. It´s REALLY sad, but somewhat beautiful and epic.

ReyloSpanishFan
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 3:18 pm

They've been pretty clear Rey is still feeling alone even with her BFG. She wants to know about her parents, which is fair and not entirely unexpecteed, but I'm not sure if learning more will fix her problems. I've always thought her story was bigger than that. It's a mirror to Kylo, they're both getting, or trying to get, what they want, but it's not necessarily what they need or what will make them happy. Both Rey and Daisy don't seem that interested in the famous names, but rather people themselves. The name thing was always a head-scratcher, it doesn't especially flow with where we've come from. Unless she marries Ben or something, but then, that wouldn't be replacing anyone, which was part about the end that is one of the most confusing elements.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum