Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by KiraRen2015 on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 7:29 pm

@Saracene Personally I think both endings are terrible for the reasons you mentioned. Also I think Ben dying even though he does through a selfless act for the woman he loves still makes me feel numb, because it shows no matter how bad you screwed up, you're still gonna have to die to be fully redeemed. You can't try to live and start over. It's just horrible!
KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by MindAndMagic on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 7:36 pm

@Moonjump05 Same, I don't want to believe it and will not stop hoping until someone who's seen it (who is a decent enough, objective human being) can confirm it or I see it with my own eyes. I can never be ok with Ben's death, I've always felt he has to survive after all the suffering he's been through, even if that means going into exile. I don't want his journey to end like this, even if it's the result of a sacrifice out of love. I'd understand the message intellectually, but it can never make me feel happy or satisfied. I guess I just got too attached to the character and I simply cannot stand the thought of him dying. It literally causes me pain (weird, I know, but I do get attached to characters like that sometimes). I also do not see how this can be in any way satisfying for Rey either, ending up alone on a desert planet, just like she started when the whole point of her arc was supposed to be finding belonging with her other half.

Regardless, I am certain of one thing: whatever he needs to do, Adam will be absolutely amazing as always. His performance is a huge part of why I love the character so much and it's the greatest take-away from the ST for me.

Last edited by MindAndMagic on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 7:36 pm

@Saracene wrote:In a bizarre way, Kylo's ending actually sounds way more satisfying to me than Rey's now? I mean it's still sad that he dies and it's still too close to RotJ for my liking, but at least he goes out in an epic way with a spectacular act of pure selfless love. Whereas Rey... finds a solitary New Home on yet another crappy dustbowl planet that Luke couldn't wait to get away from? That's her "belonging"? scratch Sounds more like an excuse to go, "hey remember Tatooine??" Also, Ben's sacrifice as an explanation for why Rey takes the name of his uncle (the person in the family she had the least bonding with) doesn't cut it for me at all.
@Saracene
Agreed, it's really strange. Ben's ending sounds pretty epic and spectacular and the kind of thing that would be remembered as the most powerful emotional beat of the trilogy (possibly the franchise for me depending on the execution), while Rey, the main character, is... huh? She's alone again on a sand planet. The only difference is she now has a last name and a lightsaber. The ending shot is a funeral FFS. C'mon.

I just need to see it for myself, but if this is truly Rey's conclusion then I just feel bad for her.

I have to think about it from the perspective of modern myth and not just what I want to see. It's certainly an ending, but it's a bittersweet ending and I'm going to feel pretty terrible if they try to sweep Rey being objectively alone after having buried the remains of the family she found and lost under the rug as something hopeful and uplifting.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 7:39 pm

@KiraRen2015 wrote:@Saracene Personally I think both endings are terrible for the reasons you mentioned. Also I think Ben dying even though he does through a selfless act for the woman he loves still makes me feel numb, because it shows no matter how bad you screwed up, you're still gonna have to die to be fully redeemed. You can't try to live and start over. It's just horrible!
@KiraRen2015

I think it's horrible, too. Sad  I mean, it's better than the pit yeet never to be seen again leak, but it's still horrible in its own way. Sad  I mean, I could probably accept a tragic Reylo ending where he sacrifices himself for her if they had at least had a chance to spend more time together and had time for a full-fledged relationship to blossom, but they didn't.  This ending already has me feeling very sad.  If this leak is true, I think I'm going to be crying in the theater. Sad
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 7:42 pm

??? Are we even absolutely sure that Ben dies in the end? Stretcher
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by KiraRen2015 on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 7:42 pm

@Kyla Ren Same my friend. And I won't be just crying - I will honestly say I will never spend a single penny on a SW product again. Sure it might sound overkill, but after everything that's happened these last force years has made it very personal for me and important that Reylo get their HEA. I know LF doesn't owe me anything but still, that's how I think.
KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 7:43 pm

@Mana wrote:??? Are we even absolutely sure that Ben dies in the end? Stretcher
@Mana

Nope. Smile
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 7:45 pm

@MindAndMagic wrote:@Moonjump05 Same, I don't want to believe it and will not stop hoping until someone who's seen it (who is a decent enough, objective human being) can confirm it or I see it with my own eyes. I can never be ok with Ben's death, I've always felt he has to survive after all the suffering he's been through, even if that means going into exile. I don't want his journey to end like this, even if it's the result of a sacrifice out of love. I'd understand the message intellectually, but it can never make me feel happy or satisfied. I guess I just got too attached to the character and I simply cannot stand the thought of him dying. It literally causes me pain (weird, I know, but I do get attached to characters like that sometimes).
Regardless, I am certain of one thing: whatever he needs to do, Adam will be absolutely amazing as always. His performance is a huge part of why I love the character so much and it's the greatest take-away from the ST for me.
@MindAndMagic

It's not so much Ben dying, but right after he finally turns light and saves his love? He is a young man full of promise, not Vader.

With the way the leaks have changed, I wouldn't be surprised to see him at the end.
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Saracene wrote:In a bizarre way, Kylo's ending actually sounds way more satisfying to me than Rey's now? I mean it's still sad that he dies and it's still too close to RotJ for my liking, but at least he goes out in an epic way with a spectacular act of pure selfless love. Whereas Rey... finds a solitary New Home on yet another crappy dustbowl planet that Luke couldn't wait to get away from? That's her "belonging"? scratch Sounds more like an excuse to go, "hey remember Tatooine??" Also, Ben's sacrifice as an explanation for why Rey takes the name of his uncle (the person in the family she had the least bonding with) doesn't cut it for me at all.
@Saracene
Agreed, it's really strange. Ben's ending sounds pretty epic and spectacular and the kind of thing that would be remembered as the most powerful emotional beat of the trilogy (possibly the franchise for me depending on the execution), while Rey, the main character, is... huh? She's alone again on a sand planet. The only difference is she now has a last name and a lightsaber. The ending shot is a funeral FFS. C'mon.

I just need to see it for myself, but if this is truly Rey's conclusion then I just feel bad for her.

I have to think about it from the perspective of modern myth and not just what I want to see. It's certainly an ending, but it's a bittersweet ending and I'm going to feel pretty terrible if they try to sweep Rey being objectively alone after having buried the remains of the family she found and lost under the rug as something hopeful and uplifting.
@FrolickingFizzgig

True, Rey starts alone on a backwater world only to end up... Alone on a backwater world... Rey is really getting shafted in this ending.

It's also a very... conservative? ending. Not the transgressive journey she should have undertaken. She ends up a custodian of the Skywalker legacy, but has none of the things she sought ( belonging, a family) just the remains of a more important story. Like she's that old TLJ rumor of librarian!Rey.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 7:47 pm

@Saracene

Her ending rings hollow for me too without Ben there. It reads as very much like she’s back where she started, just on a different planet and having friends elsewhere.

I do think Disney is treading in dangerous waters if he dies, because they went out of the way to tell us over and over again Kylo is supposed to represent troubled youth who have lost their way, looking for belonging, and making bad choices. If the ultimate message is you can come back from it but you’ll pay with your life, that’s just yikes. They chose that metaphor, and they didn’t have to.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 7:51 pm

Part of the big argument was that Rey wouldn't live on Tatooine and was just passing by to bury the Skywalker lightsabers, but the finale track is literally called A New Home. Yeah, it's a riff on A New Hope, but it's also heavily implying that Rey has found a home and will remain there. And apparently it's Tatooine, with BB8, a new lightsaber and a few ghosts to keep her company sometimes. Eh? Very conservative.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 7:52 pm

@rey09 wrote:

Idk we literally saw the rise of one skywalker in TLJ lol. I don't get seeing another one ascend would be anything special. And we've seen force ghosts of Anakin. Idk it's all off.

I so dearly wish the ending is Rey and Ben running off to Tatooine
and I'll be hoping for that till the credits scene but it's such a sudden jump unless she does say farewell to the resistance itself? But it seems the resistance is her real fam?? After all this time? It makes noo sense.

As JJ said, a fairytale, you have the prince (of alderaan) and princess (cinderella) and guess what JJ, fairytales end happily ever after for the lovers!!!
@rey09

The bolded: That´s the hope of my cheesy heart, too.

Maybe I´m only sleep deprivated, but I can´t see this atm. I need real leaks ASAP. Laughing

There will be a tranfsormation as reward from the force for sacrificing his life and rescuing Rey´s life. But I don´t think it will be getting his normal life back.
Transformation to a higher being, not necessarily in a force ghost. Something more maybe, a star in the sky or whatever, so he lives forever.
Something like Dragonheart. the poor dragon sacrifices his life, and as reward he becomes a star in the sky.
A lot of people find this sooo beautiful. I find it incredibly sad, I never watch the end of this movie, I can´t stand it.
Who knows, I will also hope for a real HEA until the credits roll. Smile

Last edited by unicorn on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by KiraRen2015 on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 7:53 pm

@AcrosstheStars wrote:
@Saracene

Her ending rings hollow for me too without Ben there. It reads as very much like she’s back where she started, just on a different planet and having friends elsewhere.

I do think Disney is treading in dangerous waters if he dies, because they went out of the way to tell us over and over again Kylo is supposed to represent troubled youth who have lost their way, looking for belonging, and making bad choices. If the ultimate message is you can come back from it but you’ll pay with your life, that’s just yikes. They chose that metaphor, and they didn’t have to.

@AcrosstheStars This so much! Which is why I hate it!

KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 7:54 pm

@KiraRen2015 wrote:@Kyla Ren Same my friend. And I won't be just crying - I will honestly say I will never spend a single penny on a SW product again. Sure it might sound overkill, but after everything that's happened these last force years has made it very personal for me and important that Reylo get their HEA. I know LF doesn't owe me anything but still, that's how I think.
@KiraRen2015

I feel similarly.  I was just saying to a Reylo friend of mine the other day that I think this might be it for me when it comes to Star Wars.  I mean, I'll have to see how I feel after I actually see the movie, but if these leaks are true, I don't know.  I don't think I'll really have much interest in Star Wars after this.  I could be wrong, but I am just too emotionally invested in Kylo and Reylo.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 7:55 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Part of the big argument was that Rey wouldn't live on Tatooine and was just passing by to bury the Skywalker lightsabers, but the finale track is literally called A New Home. Yeah, it's a riff on A New Hope, but it's also heavily implying that Rey has found a home and will remain there. And apparently it's Tatooine, with BB8, a new lightsaber and a few ghosts to keep her company sometimes. Eh? Very conservative.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I don't really even like her on Tatooine. At least put her on a nicer planet! Luke and Anakin were in no hurry to return, now poor Rey has to stay?

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if there is actually another scene after Tatooine. Say all that the leaks say happens, then she leaves Tatooine, burying the past, and meets up with Ben on a beautiful green world. At least she should go.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 7:58 pm

@AcrosstheStars wrote:
@Saracene

@AcrosstheStars

Yup, said that the other day. Kathleen Kennedy stressed this and she didn’t have to. It’s very yikes.

And Rey... ooof. Poor girl. 20 years old only and back on a desert planet all alone with just a droid to keep her company. She might as well go back to marking the days on the wall. With her love interest dead, she’s basically a grieving widow. If I were Daisy, I would be pretty mad at an ending like that for my character. Ben being alive at the end is the only way to make it work. Because at least she’ll have someone then. Force Ghosts are not an acceptable substitute.

Last edited by Kylo Rey on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 7:59 pm

Where's the "hope" if Ben dies redeemed? If JJ and co think that's hope then he's got a really distorted view of it. Hope should be celebrated in life not in death. What an overall dire ending for our protagonists.

'Far and Away' was on tv the other night, and reading these new "spoilers" has me hoping we get a similar ending

Nyx
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 8:00 pm

I agree Ben's ending if fitting and emotional for the character but it's absolutely a tragic conclusion for the Skywalkers. Especially with the stuff about Leia fearing he will die and her last words being Ben. I'm seriously going to cry so hard at the Solo family, the scene I'm genuinely most excited for is Han and Ben. And I don't think this story needs a tragic ending when there's already been so much tragedy already, I'm mean this new trilogy was literally made by dismantling the happy ending of the OT for every character. Han dies, Luke dies, Leia dies and then the Ben who they all loved and wanted to get back also dies even tho he could have had a whole life ahead of him. No amount of happy endings for new characters unrelated to the Skywalkers and no amount of smiling force ghosts can make that less of a tragedy.

I also agree the new leaks make Rey's ending even worse. It was already bad because a name isn't a family so she's really without the thing she's been wanting all along. And even tho the resistance friends with her at the end is kinda empty for me because logically they'll all go their separate ways if you think about it,at least it's an attempt to make her seem less alone. But just her with a droid on a desert planet where she now maybe lives? That's basically taking her back to the start which I wouldn't exactly consider a happy ending. Rey's ending seems more like for the audience than the character. Fanservice by making her take the name Skywalker and showing Tatoine again even tho it meant nothing for her arc. And that's been a problem with Rey all alonh imo, they think more about how the audience will react to her than who she is as a character.

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 8:04 pm

Frankly, I think we have good reason to hope. That soundtrack - especially the end - doesn't sound like a usual John Williams' score. I'm no musician but some parts - especially the last track - remind me of Pierre Adenot's soundtrack for 2014 French version of Beauty & the Beast. Strangely, I have been thinking about the ending of this specific movie like 2 weeks ago because it's how I picture Reylo at the end of the ST: two normal individuals just living a simple life together in a quiet place.  It's definitely a more bittersweet and less romantic version than Disney version of BABT but I believe that it would suit better to the tone of TROS and the Reylo relationship. I don't really imagine them making big declaration of lovein most desperate moment like Anidala or Hanleia, more something barely expressed but that feels real after so many hurting. I remember feeling initially disappointed that Belle expressed so few emotions when she said "But I do" and then after watching it again it suits better to the tone of the movie and makes the ending more emotional.

Last edited by reylo1992 on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 8:06 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Part of the big argument was that Rey wouldn't live on Tatooine and was just passing by to bury the Skywalker lightsabers, but the finale track is literally called A New Home. Yeah, it's a riff on A New Hope, but it's also heavily implying that Rey has found a home and will remain there. And apparently it's Tatooine, with BB8, a new lightsaber and a few ghosts to keep her company sometimes. Eh? Very conservative.
@FrolickingFizzgig

It's so horrible geez, is this the fairytale ending JJ and Terrio truly envisioned?? It sounds so off. Happily ever after down the drain. As you said, Kylo's moment is incredible but now Rey's is trash. Ugh again, something sounds so off. I mean kids are going to see Rey being a loner on tatooine?? LOL. And I feel little kids aren't even attached to tatooine like us older ppl.

Just to verify, she is on tatooine alone with BB8? Where's the resistance?

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 8:08 pm

I keep coming back to that Rumi quote that was on Vic Mahoney’s board: “Out beyond right. Out beyond wrong. There is a field, I’ll meet you there.”

And yeah, as shoehorned as the resistance being with her on Tats was, she’s ALL ALONE now. That’s so depressing.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 8:11 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:These additional details certainly tie things up in a significantly more coherent and logical manner. (...)

I'm amazed how much sense the story makes to me right now. And, to be honest, I always expected Kylo/Ben to die, so, while I am sad (I know, I know, we don't really know if he will be death for sure), I'm making my peace with the movie and I'm starting to see the beauty in it. So many metaphors everywhere, so many parallels.

Lightsaber X Excalibur

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 Rey_x_11

This poster being inspired by the Arthurian legend, reminds me that in The Mists of Avalon series is Morgaine, the protagonist, who throws Excalibur to the lake, so the Lady of the Lake can grab it back. The same way, Rey throws the lightsaber to the fire, and Luke grabs it.

Rey x Palpatine

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 Rey_x_12

This is Rey going to confront Palpatine. Sidious tries to seduce her to the dark side, using the same manoeuvre he tried with Luke. But unlikely Luke, that didn't confront his father, Rey will confront her family (since they're dark sider and unredeemable) [Maybe a reverse Luke x Vader?]

Rey x Kylo

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 Rey_x_13

Here we see Rey glowing with Kylo's colour. Maybe we can interpret this as Kylo giving her life [and his power, since they were connected from the beginning.]

Obi-wan x Kylo

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 Giphy

Maybe they keep hitting at Obi-wan, because his parallel is there, but with Kylo. If Kylo helps Rey and disappears, wasn't it the same with Obi-wan?

Rey x Skywalker

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 Rey_x_14

As almost everybody here pointed before, this pose of Rey looks a lot like Simba in The Lion King's poster. The same way, Simba is the new generation, also is Rey. And maybe she chooses to honour the Skywalkers, by taking their name, this way, their name would be alive, while Palpatine's would be buried. It's a little too bitter to my taste, but I think this could be the reason. Also in the poster, we see Rey with the Skywalkers she met.

The Rise of Skywalker, the title

This means the rise of their name, as something positive, since their name lives in Rey and what she represents (the light defeating the dark). As well, the "ascension" of the Skywalkers to the sky/heaven. We talked before about the heavy biblical meaning of rise (ascension) in other languages, even Richard E. Grant pointed about the movie having  biblical references.

Resurrection

Well, right now, I'm tending to believe Ben will really die. But, we can't deny, resurrection is on the table. By the very same reasons we talked before. First of all, it's a theme repeated in the leaks. Chewie dies. But, oh, he didn't really die, he was in another chip. C3P0 has his memory erased. But, oh, R2 has a copy of his memory. Rey killed Kylo. But, oh, he was just deadly wounded and she healed him. So, everything could happen, who knows...?

This whole thing looks a lot as a weird Vader x Palpatine reverse. (I don't know if these things make sense, but I had to write them down).

Last edited by Atenais on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 8:14 pm

@Moonjump05 Exactly, with Vader/Anakin it was different because he was at a different point in his life, he was no longer even physically human except the humanity left in the depths of his heart. The arc of his life over the course of six movies was complete and it felt right for him to die in peace with himself after saving his son and sharing his last moments with him with this heartwarming exhange that always makes me cry. But Ben? Ben is still full of life, he's young, he's been through so much pain, felt betrayed/let down by his own family, manipulated and broken, and now that he's finally found someone to care for, someone who understands him like no one else does, it'll all just end so soon? They've just established this incredibly fascinating, intimate relationship with one another and won't even get to experience some happiness together after they've defeated the great evil? Why is it so necessary to kill him? Is that really the only option here, the only thing that makes sense, the resolution that feels most powerful? Powerful maybe, but IMO not satisfying. As you say, just after he's finally made the right choice and resolved his inner conflict conflict, just when Leia's wish for her only son to come home can be fulfilled, just when Ben has come to terms with his feelings and understood what's truly important... they're going to take him away from us and, most importantly, from Rey and leave her alone again? There's so much more that lies ahead, Ben has a whole lifetime to atone for his sins. Don't take that chance away from him. I do hope with all my heart you're right and we do see him at the end. It'll be so tragic for Rey in particular because the memory will always be with her and she'll have to live out her life in solitude (even if she does return to the Resistance, we all know no one can ever replace Ben's role in her life and the connection they have), it brings me back to her line in TLJ "I've never felt so alone." And Ben's reply "You're not alone". I makes me feel really sad for her when I imagine her journey concluding like this. Let Ben be by her side.

Last edited by MindAndMagic on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 8:14 pm

@rey09 wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig

It's so horrible geez, is this the fairytale ending JJ and Terrio truly envisioned?? It sounds so off. Happily ever after down the drain. As you said, Kylo's moment is incredible but now Rey's is trash. Ugh again, something sounds so off. I mean kids are going to see Rey being a loner on tatooine?? LOL. And I feel little kids aren't even attached to tatooine like us older ppl.

@rey09

My dreamy ending has always been that Rey would come back to in Jakku lonely and desperate, looking at the wall and the dying flower, crying while reminiscing years of scratching the wall and hearing that voice, and Ben would show up and propose to leave that place forever. I really don't see what Tatooine has to do with them specifically aside from the fact that they are referred as Twin Suns and that the franchise began here But if they have to come back to a desert planet, I would find it more emotional and meaningful to have Rey leaving Jakku for good with Ben as a way to leave the past behind.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 8:22 pm

@reylo1992 wrote:
@rey09 wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig

@rey09

My dreamy ending has always been that Rey would come back to in Jakku lonely and desperate, looking at the wall and the dying flower, crying while reminiscing years of scratching the wall and hearing that voice, and Ben would show up and propose to leave that place forever. I really don't see what Tatooine has to do with them specifically aside from the fact that they are referred as Twin Suns and that the franchise began here But if they have to come back to a desert planet, I would find it more emotional and meaningful to have Rey leaving Jakku for good with Ben as a way to leave the past behind.
@reylo1992

Jakku def makes more sense of Rey. I guess they just went for something else. Perhaps there is a real reason for Tatooine.

I feel that if she's blatantly alone on Tatooine, it just feels insane for Ben to not be there *somehow*

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by toolonelytosleep on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 8:23 pm

As sad as Kylo's (possible) fate is, I can't help but find it kind of funny how the leaks concerning him keep upgrading. First, it's the oh so definitive "Never to be seen again." Then, it's "Oh, he doesn't immediately die; he saves Rey and then he dies!" Now? "Oh, he saves Rey, they share a kiss like in those icky fanfics, and then he dies (again)!"

Now I'm waiting for the leaks to update with Ben's survival. Laughing

I'm still holding out hope he lives, but I've always been cynical with the way Westerners handle redemption stories. A few of my favorite morally conflicted characters have either died after being redeemed or were on the cusp of redemption but never quite got there (...and then died). I should be used it by now, but Kylo is something else. I really want him to live, even if he and Rey have to part ways and be on their own for a while.

And yes, Rey's ending is so lackluster. Daisy, and other cast members, have called the ending 'satisfying' and I can't see how another desert wasteland with no family is satisfying for a character like Rey....
toolonelytosleep
toolonelytosleep
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum