Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by reylo1992 Tue 10 Dec 2019, 8:23 pm

@Atenais wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:These additional details certainly tie things up in a significantly more coherent and logical manner. (...)

I'm amazed how much sense the story makes to me right now. And, to be honest, I always expected Kylo/Ben to die, so, while I am sad (I know, I know, we don't really know if he will be death for sure), I'm making my peace with the movie and I'm starting to see the beauty in it. So many metaphors everywhere, so many parallels.

Lightsaber X Excalibur

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Rey_x_11

This poster being inspired by the Arthurian legend, reminds me that in The Mists of Avalon series is Morgaine, the protagonist, who throws Excalibur to the lake, so the Lady of the Lake can grab it back. The same way, Rey throws the lightsaber to the fire, and Luke grabs it.

Rey x Palpatine

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Rey_x_12

This is Rey going to confront Palpatine. Sidious tries to seduce her to the dark side, using the same manoeuvre he tried with Luke. But unlikely Luke, that didn't confront his father, Rey will confront her family (since they're dark sider and unredeemable) [Maybe a reverse Luke x Vader?]

Rey x Kylo

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Rey_x_13

Here we see Rey glowing with Kylo's colour. Maybe we can interpret this as Kylo giving her life [and his power, since they were connected from the beginning.]

Obi-wan x Kylo

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Giphy

Maybe they keep hitting at Obi-wan, because his parallel is there, but with Kylo. If Kylo helps Rey and disappears, wasn't it the same with Obi-wan?

Rey x Skywalker

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Rey_x_14

As almost everybody here pointed before, this pose of Rey looks a lot like Simba in The Lion King's poster. The same way, Simba is the new generation, also is Rey. And maybe she chooses to honour the Skywalkers, by taking their name, this way, their name would be alive, while Palpatine's would be buried. It's a little too bitter to my taste, but I think this could be the reason. Also in the poster, we see Rey with the Skywalkers she met.

The Rise of Skywalker, the title

This means the rise of their name, as something positive, since their name lives in Rey and what she represents (the light defeating the dark). As well, the "ascension" of the Skywalkers to the sky/heaven. We talked before about the heavy biblical meaning of rise (ascension) in other languages, even Richard E. Grant pointed about the movie having  biblical references.

Resurrection

Well, right now, I'm tending to believe Ben will really die. But, we can't deny, resurrection is on the table. But the very same reasons we talked before. First of all, it's a theme repeated seemed in the leaks. Chewie dies. But, oh, he didn't really die, he was in another chip. C3P0 has his memory erased. But, oh, R2 has a copy of his memory. Rey killed Kylo. But, oh, he was just deadly wounded and she healed him. So, everything could happen, who knows...?

This whole thing looks a lot as a weird Vader x Palpatine reverse. (I don't know if these things make sense, but I had to write them down).
@Atenais

I can make my peace with Ben dying at the end of the movie. Somehow, greatest fictional love stories are also those whose potential never completely flourish. It would be sad for Rey through to end up alone after searching for belonging that she wouldn't get in the end. But I still hope she will have Ben by her side because I have always thought that the missing act in this franchise was redemption path, which we didn't get with Vader. So if Ben ends like Vader, was it worth to undermine Anakin's sacrifice and importance in that story? And how would the circle be complete?
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1721
Likes : 7034
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-22

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by reylo1992 Tue 10 Dec 2019, 8:26 pm

@rey09 wrote:
@reylo1992 wrote:
@rey09 wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Part of the big argument was that Rey wouldn't live on Tatooine and was just passing by to bury the Skywalker lightsabers, but the finale track is literally called A New Home. Yeah, it's a riff on A New Hope, but it's also heavily implying that Rey has found a home and will remain there. And apparently it's Tatooine, with BB8, a new lightsaber and a few ghosts to keep her company sometimes. Eh? Very conservative.
@FrolickingFizzgig

It's so horrible geez, is this the fairytale ending JJ and Terrio truly envisioned?? It sounds so off. Happily ever after down the drain. As you said, Kylo's moment is incredible but now Rey's is trash. Ugh again, something sounds so off. I mean kids are going to see Rey being a loner on tatooine?? LOL. And I feel little kids aren't even attached to tatooine like us older ppl.

Just to verify, she is on tatooine alone with BB8? Where's the resistance?
@rey09

My dreamy ending has always been that Rey would come back to in Jakku lonely and desperate, looking at the wall and the dying flower, crying while reminiscing years of scratching the wall and hearing that voice, and Ben would show up and propose to leave that place forever. I really don't see what Tatooine has to do with them specifically aside from the fact that they are referred as Twin Suns and that the franchise began here But if they have to come back to a desert planet, I would find it more emotional and meaningful to have Rey leaving Jakku for good with Ben as a way to leave the past behind.
@reylo1992

Jakku def makes more sense of Rey. I guess they just went for something else. Perhaps there is a real reason for Tatooine.

I feel that if she's blatantly alone on Tatooine, it just feels insane for Ben to not be there *somehow*  
@rey09

Definitely. Unless they make her a Kenobi and want her to live a solitary hermit life there following grandpa's steps. But it would mean that she ends up exactly like she began: free but lonely on a desert planet.


Last edited by reylo1992 on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1721
Likes : 7034
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-22

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Kylo Rey Tue 10 Dec 2019, 8:26 pm

@rey09 wrote:
@reylo1992 wrote:
@rey09 wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Part of the big argument was that Rey wouldn't live on Tatooine and was just passing by to bury the Skywalker lightsabers, but the finale track is literally called A New Home. Yeah, it's a riff on A New Hope, but it's also heavily implying that Rey has found a home and will remain there. And apparently it's Tatooine, with BB8, a new lightsaber and a few ghosts to keep her company sometimes. Eh? Very conservative.
@FrolickingFizzgig

It's so horrible geez, is this the fairytale ending JJ and Terrio truly envisioned?? It sounds so off. Happily ever after down the drain. As you said, Kylo's moment is incredible but now Rey's is trash. Ugh again, something sounds so off. I mean kids are going to see Rey being a loner on tatooine?? LOL. And I feel little kids aren't even attached to tatooine like us older ppl.

Just to verify, she is on tatooine alone with BB8? Where's the resistance?
@rey09

My dreamy ending has always been that Rey would come back to in Jakku lonely and desperate, looking at the wall and the dying flower, crying while reminiscing years of scratching the wall and hearing that voice, and Ben would show up and propose to leave that place forever. I really don't see what Tatooine has to do with them specifically aside from the fact that they are referred as Twin Suns and that the franchise began here But if they have to come back to a desert planet, I would find it more emotional and meaningful to have Rey leaving Jakku for good with Ben as a way to leave the past behind.
@reylo1992

Jakku def makes more sense of Rey. I guess they just went for something else. Perhaps there is a real reason for Tatooine.

I feel that if she's blatantly alone on Tatooine, it just feels insane for Ben to not be there *somehow*
@rey09

This is a very good point actually. In the original leaks, with the Resistance characters there with her, I felt it was less likely Kylo would be there. But if she’s all alone? Feels tailor made for him to show up, no?
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1697
Likes : 13573
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-24
Age : 24
Localisation : England

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Mila95 Tue 10 Dec 2019, 8:26 pm

@MindAndMagic wrote:@Moonjump05 Exactly, with Vader/Anakin it was different because he was at a different point in his life, he was no longer even physically human except the humanity left in the depths of his heart. The arc of his life over the course of six movies was complete and it felt right for him to die in peace with himself after saving his son and sharing his last moments with him with this heartwarming exhange that always makes me cry. But Ben? Ben is still full of live, he's young, he's been through so much pain, felt betrayed/let down by his own family, manipulated and broken, and now that he's finally found someone to care for, someone who understands him like no one else does, it'll all just end so soon? They've just established this incredibly fascinating, intimate relationship with one another and won't even get to experience some happiness together after they've defeated the great evil? Why is it so necessary to kill him? Is that really the only option here, the only thing that makes sense, the resolution that feels most powerful? Powerful maybe, but IMO not satisfying. As you say, just after he's finally made the right choice and resolved his inner conflict conflict, just when Leia's wish for her only son to come home can be fulfilled, just when Ben has come to terms with his feelings and understood what's truly important... they're going to take him away from us and, most importantly, from Rey and leave her alone again? There's so much more that lies ahead, Ben has a whole lifetime to atone for his sins. Don't take that chance away from him. I do hope with all my heart you're right and we do see him at the end. It'll be so tragic for Rey in particular because the memory will always be with her and she'll have to live out her life in solitude (even if she does return to the Resistance, we all know no one can ever replace Ben's role in her life and the connection they have), it brings me back to her line in TLJ "I've never felt so alone." And Ben's reply "You're not alone". I makes me feel really sad for her when I imagine her journey concluding like this. Let Ben be by her side.
@MindAndMagic

I think this might be the case of writers just not being brave enough to let a redeemed character live. The redemption through death is a more common trope in Hollywood movies and shows than letting a character like that live. And it's the easier choice really because I'm guessing the assumption is the audience will accept the redemption easier that way. I think it's so overplayed it's boring at this point.

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 440
Likes : 2870
Date d'inscription : 2018-02-27
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by rey09 Tue 10 Dec 2019, 8:31 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@rey09 wrote:
@reylo1992 wrote:
@rey09 wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Part of the big argument was that Rey wouldn't live on Tatooine and was just passing by to bury the Skywalker lightsabers, but the finale track is literally called A New Home. Yeah, it's a riff on A New Hope, but it's also heavily implying that Rey has found a home and will remain there. And apparently it's Tatooine, with BB8, a new lightsaber and a few ghosts to keep her company sometimes. Eh? Very conservative.
@FrolickingFizzgig

It's so horrible geez, is this the fairytale ending JJ and Terrio truly envisioned?? It sounds so off. Happily ever after down the drain. As you said, Kylo's moment is incredible but now Rey's is trash. Ugh again, something sounds so off. I mean kids are going to see Rey being a loner on tatooine?? LOL. And I feel little kids aren't even attached to tatooine like us older ppl.

Just to verify, she is on tatooine alone with BB8? Where's the resistance?
@rey09

My dreamy ending has always been that Rey would come back to in Jakku lonely and desperate, looking at the wall and the dying flower, crying while reminiscing years of scratching the wall and hearing that voice, and Ben would show up and propose to leave that place forever. I really don't see what Tatooine has to do with them specifically aside from the fact that they are referred as Twin Suns and that the franchise began here But if they have to come back to a desert planet, I would find it more emotional and meaningful to have Rey leaving Jakku for good with Ben as a way to leave the past behind.
@reylo1992

Jakku def makes more sense of Rey. I guess they just went for something else. Perhaps there is a real reason for Tatooine.

I feel that if she's blatantly alone on Tatooine, it just feels insane for Ben to not be there *somehow*
@rey09

This is a very good point actually. In the original leaks, with the Resistance characters there with her, I felt it was less likely Kylo would be there. But if she’s all alone? Feels tailor made for him to show up, no?
@Kylo Rey

Yes exactly! And I think back to the VF picture, what if she sees him looking at the sunset, the cover shows she looking at him from behind. And her face makes so much sense if we think about the story.

Also I'm pretty shocked that she actually ditches the resistance?! I wonder how she explains herself to them, esp Finn. It actually reminds me of Frodo leaving because he was totally changed and couldn't deal.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2061
Likes : 9560
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Moonjump05 Tue 10 Dec 2019, 8:45 pm

Lol, I love that 'canon reylo kiss in leaks' is taking second fiddle to HEA ending! I am just gonna be amused until the credits roll.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 735
Likes : 5195
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by ZioRen Tue 10 Dec 2019, 8:48 pm

@Saracene wrote:In a bizarre way, Kylo's ending actually sounds way more satisfying to me than Rey's now? I mean it's still sad that he dies and it's still too close to RotJ for my liking, but at least he goes out in an epic way with a spectacular act of pure selfless love. Whereas Rey... finds a solitary New Home on yet another crappy dustbowl planet that Luke couldn't wait to get away from? That's her "belonging"? scratch Sounds more like an excuse to go, "hey remember Tatooine??" Also, Ben's sacrifice as an explanation for why Rey takes the name of his uncle (the person in the family she had the least bonding with) doesn't cut it for me at all.
@Saracene

What it sounds to me is, like always, Kylo's story had 10x more thought put into it than Rey's. Right until the end.

Also, I finally got to sit down and really listen to the score and Track 22 was SUCH a journey. It's absolutely beautiful, and the middle almost brought me to tears.

As for Kylo's death, it's a dealbreaker for me in the sense that even though I'm not going to scream about it and it might move me greatly when I see it on screen, I'll be done with Star Wars for good afterwards. That's for certain.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3117
Likes : 21568
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Birdwoman Tue 10 Dec 2019, 8:52 pm

I am weak, I finally read the JP leak. Umm, I can't stop laughing.
Mace Windu? What?
How many times does Kylo almost die in this film?
Where is Klaud?
What a condescending comment about the kiss. Has this leaker never seen a kiss in a action movie?

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1320
Likes : 6003
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Kylo Rey Tue 10 Dec 2019, 8:54 pm

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 9cadb810
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Cad21b10

I looked this up and this person is right. It’s a new theme that shows up on several tracks.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1697
Likes : 13573
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-24
Age : 24
Localisation : England

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by KiraRen2015 Tue 10 Dec 2019, 8:57 pm

Another thing that really makes my blood boil about this "supposed" ending is the impact it has on a heroine's journey. Recently I feel that in Western stories, the man can get the sexy redeemed villainess and live happily ever after with her. Yet recently there has been a huge attack on heroines redeeming the seductive male villain and saying she has to be alone for the rest of her life because it would rob her of her "strong independent" agenda - which is a horrible, condescending message to all women in my honest opinion. If this really is the ending, all it is is enforcing this message.
KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 155
Likes : 529
Date d'inscription : 2018-06-16

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by ZioRen Tue 10 Dec 2019, 8:58 pm

@KiraRen2015 wrote:@Saracene Personally I think both endings are terrible for the reasons you mentioned. Also I think Ben dying even though he does through a selfless act for the woman he loves still makes me feel numb, because it shows no matter how bad you screwed up, you're still gonna have to die to be fully redeemed. You can't try to live and start over. It's just horrible!
@KiraRen2015

To me the idea is just LAZY. Like, come on. I want to see the true story of redemption, of having to live with the consequences of one's actions and build a new life like a phoenix out of the ashes. There's so much to explore there, so much they can do with Kylo as a character, so much richness they can build into the world and actually have a character there to drive it rather than the ghost of a memory hanging like a fog as with Anakin. It honestly surprises me that they'd give up that chance. It's more money in their pockets! I want to see Kylo struggle, triumph, realize some things can't and won't be forgiven, realize there's so much good he can do anyways, ALL of it!

We've already had a death for redemption. When you think about it, Vader's particular death WAS his happiest ending considering how physically broken he was, constantly in pain. He got to go as a hero with his child, the true heart of his legacy, by his side forgiving him (though if I'm honest, I'd totally read some AU world where Vader survived and what happened after that).

Kylo, meanwhile, has so much left he can do and can offer. He's so young, and his life didn't ever really get to begin when you think about it. It's sad. It feels like a waste if he's really dead. I just keep thinking how much this isn't what Han and Leia would want.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3117
Likes : 21568
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by californiagirl Tue 10 Dec 2019, 9:03 pm

I am also somewhat baffled by this new ending. Kylo's current fate is better than the pit of nonsense, to be sure. But they've made such a big deal of how alone Rey has been for the entire ST, including current interviews, how much she wants belonging and people to be close to. What's the choose your own family idea they've been pushing for a while if she's with neither Kylo nor the Resistance bunch? And it was such a huge thing for her to get off of Jakku, and be in awe of new, green worlds like Takodana, or the rain on Ahch-To. Alone on Tatooine with BB-8 is so weird and contrary to what came before and how far she's come since then. I didn't use to like the idea of going there in TROS, but I've warmed up to it, especially if they do the Vader's helmet stuff. All full circle to both TPM and ANH. But as a permanent thing all alone? Huh?

Also, that means Poe gave up BB-8? Unless he died, I know some people who want that, it could go either way and I'd be fine.

The fact JP and/or his source don't understand why "never to be seen again" is funny is pretty revealing.

But who knows what the leaks will bring? Things are shifting really quickly and dramatically, and in unexpected ways.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2644
Likes : 13468
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by reylo1992 Tue 10 Dec 2019, 9:06 pm

@rey09 wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:
@rey09 wrote:
@reylo1992 wrote:
@rey09 wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Part of the big argument was that Rey wouldn't live on Tatooine and was just passing by to bury the Skywalker lightsabers, but the finale track is literally called A New Home. Yeah, it's a riff on A New Hope, but it's also heavily implying that Rey has found a home and will remain there. And apparently it's Tatooine, with BB8, a new lightsaber and a few ghosts to keep her company sometimes. Eh? Very conservative.
@FrolickingFizzgig

It's so horrible geez, is this the fairytale ending JJ and Terrio truly envisioned?? It sounds so off. Happily ever after down the drain. As you said, Kylo's moment is incredible but now Rey's is trash. Ugh again, something sounds so off. I mean kids are going to see Rey being a loner on tatooine?? LOL. And I feel little kids aren't even attached to tatooine like us older ppl.

Just to verify, she is on tatooine alone with BB8? Where's the resistance?
@rey09

My dreamy ending has always been that Rey would come back to in Jakku lonely and desperate, looking at the wall and the dying flower, crying while reminiscing years of scratching the wall and hearing that voice, and Ben would show up and propose to leave that place forever. I really don't see what Tatooine has to do with them specifically aside from the fact that they are referred as Twin Suns and that the franchise began here But if they have to come back to a desert planet, I would find it more emotional and meaningful to have Rey leaving Jakku for good with Ben as a way to leave the past behind.
@reylo1992

Jakku def makes more sense of Rey. I guess they just went for something else. Perhaps there is a real reason for Tatooine.

I feel that if she's blatantly alone on Tatooine, it just feels insane for Ben to not be there *somehow*
@rey09

This is a very good point actually. In the original leaks, with the Resistance characters there with her, I felt it was less likely Kylo would be there. But if she’s all alone? Feels tailor made for him to show up, no?
@Kylo Rey

Yes exactly! And I think back to the VF picture, what if she sees him looking at the sunset, the cover shows she looking at him from behind. And her face makes so much sense if we think about the story.

Also I'm pretty shocked that she actually ditches the resistance?! I wonder how she explains herself to them, esp Finn. It actually reminds me of Frodo leaving because he was totally changed and couldn't deal.
@rey09

One of the reasons why I have a hard time to believe that her journey like that is basically they would make her end on a desert planet with no love interest, no entourage and no purpose, just living alone. What would she do there anyway? She wouldn't start training a new generation of Jedi since Luke said it's time for the Jedi to end. She wouldn't be with the Resistance although they would be certainly still a lot to do, including politically speaking. She wouldn't even be a pilot although it's obviously what brought her the most joy of all activities. And she would end like the bearer of the Skywalker name but for what purpose if she has neither a purpose to achieve nor a family to raise? And in the political context in Hollywood, would they make her the virgin mother of a child she must keep away from the rest of the world just because Ben gave her his Force energy? Or maybe they'll give us some kind of Pirate of Caribbean ending.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1721
Likes : 7034
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-22

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by AcrosstheStars Tue 10 Dec 2019, 9:08 pm

@KiraRen2015 Same here. It would be a painful ending. If you’re going to go with a powerful real life metaphor like that, follow it through to a hopeful conclusion. 

Rey’s story truly is even worse than his, the more I think about it. A person with abandonment issues yearns for family and belonging. Finds a found family in Finn et al, finds belonging and a soulmate in Ben, then ends up alone on another desert planet. Huh? I would agree that it seems most likely Tatooine would be a pit stop for her, but “A New Home” as the title puts the kibosh on that for me. I don’t think John is just suddenly being that cutesy and wink-nodding the audience with the final score track from the end of his career. Unless Rey intends it to be a pit stop, and then it’s revealed Ben is already there and that’s HIS new home? Could explain why BB-8 is with her and not Poe. She’s not going there thinking she’ll stay permanently. I guess another explanation is the rest of the motley crew are there but off camera.

It’s really weird how the leaks went from all of them looking at the suns to just her and BB-8. Could that be what Kelly was referring to on GMA months ago? “I thought that was a cover story?” re: the ending. If it was, Ben had to be there. No reason for all of them looking at the suns to be a cover up for Rey there alone.

I mean, even if Ben stays dead, depending on one’s religious and spiritual beliefs, there is always hope in the sense that you’ll be reunited with your loved ones again some day. She would be with him in the Force later. But that still leaves her alone her entire life, which is so sad. As someone who believes in soulmates and “other half’s”, who also can relate to Rey’s loneliness and abandonment issues stemming from the death of a loved one, this would hurt to watch. Crying or Very sad I think Kylo is the better written character of the two in a ST with way too much left unwritten and addressed, and he is my favorite by a mile, but Rey’s inner hurt certainly speaks to me on a personal level.


Last edited by AcrosstheStars on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 346
Likes : 2043
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-09
Localisation : USA

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by reylo1992 Tue 10 Dec 2019, 9:10 pm

@KiraRen2015 wrote:Another thing that really makes my blood boil about this "supposed" ending is the impact it has on a heroine's journey. Recently I feel that in Western stories, the man can get the sexy redeemed villainess and live happily ever after with her. Yet recently there has been a huge attack on heroines redeeming the seductive male villain and saying she has to be alone for the rest of her life because it would rob her of her "strong independent" agenda - which is a horrible, condescending message to all women in my honest opinion. If this really is the ending, all it is is enforcing this message.
@KiraRen2015

As much as Daisy stressed how much Rey's abilities shouldn't be attributed to a male, she still always pointed out how important belonging was to Rey's journey. She seemed genuinely upset for Rey that Rian made Luke not behaving like a fatherly figure to her. And I'm confident that J.J. also thought about that aspect deeply because he insisted on the fact that she desperately needs belonging in the audio comment. It's too clear that she won't find it in the Resistance anyway.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1721
Likes : 7034
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-22

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Moonlight13 Tue 10 Dec 2019, 9:16 pm

They say "home is where the heart is" so maybe "A New Home" is not just about a place, I'm just saying... Ninja
Moonlight13
Moonlight13
Moderator

Messages : 1160
Likes : 5672
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-15
Age : 26
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by californiagirl Tue 10 Dec 2019, 9:17 pm

Good note about Finn as well, Rey has spent multiple films developing relationships with multiple people, and for none of them to be there, when that's most of what she's ever wanted, more than magic powers, would be very odd indeed. Talk about going backwards.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2644
Likes : 13468
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by rey09 Tue 10 Dec 2019, 9:20 pm

The belonging you seek is ahead

*cue the desolate desert*

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2061
Likes : 9560
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Kylo Rey Tue 10 Dec 2019, 9:52 pm

The final track, you can hear background horns that are reminiscent of the Ahch-to theme. Hmmm. I’ve also seen some people say you can hear a hint of Kylo’s motif. Btw, John Williams has truly knocked it out of the park with the TROS score. I do like TFA and TLJ’s music, but it’s pretty lacklustre compared to the OT and PT. But this... wow. Blows them out of the water. Lots of choral music (a big part of why Luke vs Kylo’s stand-off was so good), soulful, emotional and very, very magical. I can see why cast members are describing the movie like that. And we’re still missing quite a bit of music as this is the shortened FYC version.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1697
Likes : 13573
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-24
Age : 24
Localisation : England

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by OrionStars Tue 10 Dec 2019, 9:54 pm

So Bennie Boi has really climbed out of the pit, then sacrifices his life and dies on screen? I've waited nearly 2 months for this news. ATATCHAT said he heard that the plan is Luke resurrects Bennie Boi after he dies (like the fairy godmother resurrected the beast after he had done a good deed and redeemed himself in BATB Disney version). But JP's first version of leak insisted that Bennie Boi will remain flying in the pit for the next trilogy, so I've been wondered how can Luke resurrect Bennie Boi if he still hasn't finished flying and I don't think Luke would ever consider doing this
@Teo oswald wrote:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Giphy
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 622
Likes : 3383
Date d'inscription : 2018-11-09

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Marlow Tue 10 Dec 2019, 9:55 pm

lmfao that gif STOOOPPPP Laughing Laughing Laughing

Marlow
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 38
Likes : 244
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-18

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 Tue 10 Dec 2019, 9:59 pm

When I listened to the track music 23, that is what it sounded like, a resurrection. When Richard E. Harris did the little video after watching TROS, he said it was like a resurrection of the spirit.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 260
Likes : 1233
Date d'inscription : 2017-07-15

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by AcrosstheStars Tue 10 Dec 2019, 10:20 pm

Someone in the thread on reddit also brought up the idea that “A New Home” could actually be for the Ach-To scene. I don’t think we should discount that, however it seems like the rest of the tracks are in order, doesn’t it? And the “A New Home” parallel to “A New Hope” seems way too much of a coincidence to me if it’s really about her crashing Kylo’s TIE on Ach-To and exiling herself.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 346
Likes : 2043
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-09
Localisation : USA

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 Tue 10 Dec 2019, 10:21 pm

@OrionStars wrote:So Bennie Boi has really climbed out of the pit, then sacrifices his life and dies on screen? I've waited nearly 2 months for this news. ATATCHAT said he heard that the plan is Luke resurrects Bennie Boi after he dies (like the fairy godmother resurrected the beast after he had done a good deed and redeemed himself in BATB Disney version). But JP's first version of leak insisted that Bennie Boi will remain flying in the pit for the next trilogy, so I've been wondered how can Luke resurrect Bennie Boi if he still hasn't finished flying and I don't think Luke would ever consider doing this
@Teo oswald wrote:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Giphy
@OrionStars
I totally forgot about this leak. He had five leaks, do you remember what they were?

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 260
Likes : 1233
Date d'inscription : 2017-07-15

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Birdwoman Tue 10 Dec 2019, 10:48 pm

So Kylo gets thrown in the pit, climbs out, finds Rey dead, brings her back, they kiss and then he dies. But wouldn't he be to weak to kiss after healing her?

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1320
Likes : 6003
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum