Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 11:58 am

Notice.. I never mentioned Kenobi...

Lol., but Kenobi. was and still is a better option than Rey Nobody Palpatine Skywalker carrying the legacy of the saga into the future sans Ben Solo...

Rey can't be a cypher and never could... I said it three years ago.. Rey daughter of nothing nobody was never going to fly.. and it hasn't it has been a failure of a story line and a commerical failure.. end of. Proof is in the pudding.

I said three years ago that Star Wars is a modern myth and soap opera and not a fairy tale... I was told NOPE

Rey Nobody Daughter of Nothing Dead in a ditch in Miami... JJ & Terrio are the perps
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Atenais on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 12:02 pm

@rawpowah wrote:Lots of drama on twitter from Scott Mendelson, who is claiming Reylos like Ben and want him redeemed because he's played by a hot actor. And of course more comparisons to school shooters.

Dudebros and antis are going to have a field day when Ben dies, I think. No matter how epic the Reylo kiss before that is, or how deep Ben's sacrifice might be. I won't be surprised if they attack Reylos on social media in full force once the movie is out. And LF wants to please the sector of the fanbase that sends death threats, doxxes people and causes SW actresses to seek therapy and close their online accounts.
@rawpowah

I hate this, I really really hate this. Yesterday I went to buy some SW themed t-shirt. When I asked for something of Kylo the guy who attended me had the nerve to tell me that the new trilogy wasn't good enough, because the story they had in EU was so much better. Dude, I didn't ask for your opinion, just sell me the shirt. Jeez!
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KiraRen2015 on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 12:02 pm

@rawpowah Agreed. That's a big part of why it hurts so so much! It feels like they've catered to them while destroying the characters and themes of the saga. I will be done with SW and LF after this.
KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 12:09 pm

Rey can't be Nobody while being Palpatine, right?

We should be prepared that everyone will be explaining to us that this is ridiculous to be sad or angry because of Ben's death because he is serial killer, maniac, killed Han Solo etc you know the drill. We will be constantly told that we were crazy to expect HEA.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 12:20 pm

@special_cases wrote:Rey can't be Nobody while being Palpatine, right?

We should be prepared that everyone will be explaining to us that this is ridiculous to be sad or angry because of Ben's death because he is serial killer, maniac, killed Han Solo etc you know the drill. We will be constantly told that we were crazy to expect HEA.
@special_cases
People can come and talking about Manga, Asian drama, narrative, and literature all they want..

two things.. Rey Nobody was unmythical and so is dead Ben Solo.. both unmythical concepts.. Does Ben have to die.. yes that has been his trajectory since he killed his father.. but.. resurrection was always a potential when George was writing it.. Kenobi would have resurrected and helped to defeat Palpatine..

So if Terrio had the sense to fix the nobody ridiculousness of Rey's story.. I believe that he will have the sense to bring Ben back from the dead.

Unless, Iger was writing the ending.. and anti's are spreading rumors of Iger's ambition to be President of the US.. and feels the need to make some grand leftist feminist statement to win over voters.. Not that I even think Iger is a leftist.. but whatever

The new Star Wars post Rey "Skywalker" is more of a Ayn Randian UberMensch dream scenario.. and that is not leftist at all.. so we shall see.. maybe that is what is meant by out beyond right or wrong or out beyond right or left.. the two extremes meet..

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 12:27 pm

More and more I’m starting to get the feeling that they’re gonna leave his fate ambiguous (like there’s a hint in the final scene or something). Which will annoy me even more because it feels like a cop out.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 12:28 pm

I think dudebros will be too pissed off that Rey takes “everything”, even ReySky’s hate that she isn’t a Skywalker by blood.

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 12:30 pm

Hello, how are you guys? I saw that you didn't write much. I think we Reylo gave up a little, didn't we?
I am sure that if Ben dies and story will be what I read in the Leak, it will be so disappointing that 80% of Reylos will lose interest.
Who knows if Disney will be so happy to lose our enthusiasm and our money... cyclops

Having said that, I am sure that Kylo's death will not be so clear because tomorrow if need be, they can bring him back.

But who will trust more?

One thing is certain, never before now  I have been disappointed by cinema.

In fact I started reading again. Girls and boys of this forum, I would not miss you after the disappointment of TROS; how can i find you?

I added my tumbrl account in the profile if someone wanted to contact me after TROS destruction...

As my heart cries I changed my avatar. I have decided to hope for the future ...

(Goodbye Rey and Kylo Ren, it was nice to dream about you.)

giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 12:33 pm

I’m telling you guys, they’re gonna bank on Rey and the trio for future stories and when that flops, they’ll bring Ben Solo back. Just watch. You don’t appreciate what you have until it’s gone. So ridiculous.

Last edited by Kylo Rey on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 12:34 pm

@special_cases I also won't be surprised if we see hot takes like "Kylo was never truly redeemed because he only saved Rey. He never saved the Resistance or believed in their cause." Laughing I remember seeing some Vader redemption takes just like this one floating around the internet last year. Laughing

Some Reylos might talk about symbolism and literature and Asian dramas if they want to (I watch them too, and not all of them end with one half of the couple dead while the other lives on. There are many dramas that have an unambiguous happy ending), but ultimately it won't matter. They can write metas and speculate about how he'll be with her as a force ghost and visit her in the 38927389 comics LF might release to get some easy coins, but that doesn't change the ending that we're supposedly getting. Everything Reylos say will be ignored by everyone else just like when we were discussing the sexual tension in TLJ and all the subtext. People care about facts and the fact is that Kylo is allegedly killed off in this movie and doesn't get a HEA with Rey.

rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 12:34 pm

@spacebaby45678 Em, I get what you're saying but the myths on which SW was build is not connected to American optimism. It's not one thing and there is straight Greek tradegy as a base for Prequels. So bringing Asian drama will be as relevant as everything brought by you. Because there are a lot of in the mix.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 12:40 pm

@rawpowah Yeah, I agree with you. The end from leaks looks like a cowardly compromise between everything but Reylo will never be fully accepted because Reylo was only an outcome for Ben's story and people will ignore it because he is dead. Rey lives and romance with Ben wasn't endgame for ger character so people will find an easy way to ignore it "like bad dream or bad romance that thankfully never became a full relationship". I mean, I don't care about their opinions, but it will be like that.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 12:41 pm

....I eat bread and manga since I was little, there are also manga that end well.
The most Reylo I remember and love is "Howl's Moving Castle" and no Reylo but very beautiful "Your Name". They are really really beautiful. Both written by men. If you have never seen them, I recommend them. The heart beats with love again when they end.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Downlo20

If I think about Reylo, I feel like a betrayed lover.
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 12:43 pm

@special_cases wrote:@rawpowah Yeah, I agree with you. The end from leaks looks like a cowardly compromise between everything but Reylo will never be fully accepted because Reylo was only an outcome for Ben's story and people will ignore it because he is dead. Rey lives and romance with Ben wasn't endgame for ger character so people will find an easy way to ignore it "like bad dream or bad romance that thankfully never became a full relationship". I mean, I don't care about their opinions, but it will be like that.
@"casi speciali"

I agree with you. In fact I am preparing for this disappointment as a betrayed lover.

It only comforts me to know that I am not alone.
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 12:43 pm

@special_cases wrote:@spacebaby45678 Em, I get what you're saying but the myths on which SW was build is not connected to American optimism. It's not one thing and there is straight Greek tradegy as a base for Prequels. So bringing Asian drama will be as relevant as everything brought by you. Because there are a lot of in the mix.
@special_cases

@special_cases wrote:@spacebaby45678 Em, I get what you're saying but the myths on which SW was build is not connected to American optimism. It's not one thing and there is straight Greek tradegy as a base for Prequels. So bringing Asian drama will be as relevant as everything brought by you. Because there are a lot of in the mix.
@special_cases

JJ likes the OT for a reason.. and as much as Anakin's journey might have been a Greek Tragedy.. that is still very Western.. And the fact is simple despite it all.. ROTS ends with hope.. the twins and the new hope as a baby delivered by Kenobi who would become Leia's last hope

see below.. American Optimism
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 B4c13da853f2903ad1a8e37856924ad3abc8b9e0
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 12:45 pm

@special_cases For sure. Many will view it as a mistake or a bad dream, and say that since Rey is young she'll find someone 'appropriate' the future or something. I'm fully prepared for LF to release some comic or novel down the line where the author gives Rey some bland love interest because he/she doesn't like Kylo.

@Kylo Rey I'm flashing back to that KK interview from a while ago when she said they'll continue the next 10 years with stories about Rey, Finn, Poe and BB8. Laughing How exciting lmfao.

@KiraRen2015 I might have the willpower to finish my fics after Tros, and I'll be around to chat with the friends I made, but LF is crazy if they think they're going to get my coins if they kill off Ben. Laughing
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 12:47 pm

@Riri wrote:I think dudebros will be too pissed off that Rey takes “everything”, even ReySky’s hate that she isn’t a Skywalker by blood.
@Riri

Because Rey is only tolerable to them as an extension of Luke. They don't care if she technically has the name. If she's not his literal  from his loins legacy, they'll just see it as stealing what's his.

Last edited by ZioRen on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 12:47 pm

@rawpowah wrote:@special_cases I also won't be surprised if we see hot takes like "Kylo was never truly redeemed because he only saved Rey. He never saved the Resistance or believed in their cause." Laughing I remember seeing some Vader redemption takes just like this one floating around the internet last year. Laughing

@rawpowah

I had to read the dumbest take these days. In the leaks, Leia quits Jedi training because she has a vision and is terrified her son is going to die. So... eventually he does die, because all Skywalkers are tragic and s***, and basically turning his mother's nightmare into reality. But hear me out: Leia would be happy for his death, because at least he died for a good cause!

Yeah. "I'm terrified my child is going to die but if he goes down for a good cause I'm ok," said no one ever. It's subtextual bullshit, because it's not symbolic or deep or even meaningful. It's dying for death's sake, it's dying because "everyone in his family dies like this so welp, down he goes", which is just nihilistic and depressing.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 12:49 pm

@rawpowah wrote:Lots of drama on twitter from Scott Mendelson, who is claiming Reylos like Ben and want him redeemed because he's played by a hot actor. And of course more comparisons to school shooters.

Dudebros and antis are going to have a field day when Ben dies, I think. No matter how epic the Reylo kiss before that is, or how deep Ben's sacrifice might be. I won't be surprised if they attack Reylos on social media in full force once the movie is out. And LF wants to please the sector of the fanbase that sends death threats, doxxes people and causes SW actresses to seek therapy and close their online accounts.
@rawpowah

One day they'll stop acting like it's some revelation that women enjoy male villains, understand that most of us comprehend the difference between fiction and reality and thus enjoying villains doesn't inform our real-life tastes, and move on already. One day....far in the future. It's just a way for them to bully and shame us, as usual.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 12:52 pm

@spacebaby45678 I know that there is american optimism in OT. SW mythology is not build on this idea, it's closer to modern western fairytales than to just limited idea of american optimism. That's why people are expecting happy endings from SW, not because of mythological ties which are quite different and sometimes contradict themselves. It's coming of age stories that usually have happy endings and FYI the scenario of Nobody is quite popular in fairytales.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 12:52 pm

@ZioRen wrote:

@rawpowah

One day they'll stop acting like it's some revelation that women enjoy male villains, understand that most of us comprehend the difference between fiction and reality and thus enjoying villains doesn't inform our real-life tastes, and move on already. One day....far in the future. It's just a way for them to bully and shame us, as usual.
@ZioRen

I wouldn't say that women enjoy male villains, but we enjoy complex characters. If they meant for us to hate Kylo, they should have made him a boring villain as Hux.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 12:53 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:I’m telling you guys, they’re gonna bank on Rey and the trio for future stories and when that flops, they’ll bring Ben Solo back. Just watch. You don’t appreciate what you have until it’s gone. So ridiculous,
@Kylo Rey

I never really thought they'd prevent themselves from ever telling (blood) Skywalker stories again in the future. So in that respect I agree with you. Even if it's nonsensical, they'll do what they gotta do for that cash.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 12:54 pm

@Atenais wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:

@rawpowah

@ZioRen

I wouldn't say that women enjoy male villains, but we enjoy complex characters. If they meant for us to hate Kylo, they should have made him a boring villain as Hux.
@Atenais

A bunch of women like Hux too. Laughing No, Kylo doesn't quite fit the every-villain mold but for those who criticize in this manner it's all under the same umbrella.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 12:55 pm

I think people are going to be way too busy complaining about other aspects of the story and resenting Rey herself to bother "coming at Reylos in full force", honestly. Also, who cares? We were right - we always were. Rey is alive because of "Reylo", so no, it's not only the outcome of Ben's story. That's stupid. Were it not for their connection and feelings Rey would have died and Ben would have lived, or they both would have died.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 12:58 pm

@ZioRen wrote:
@Atenais wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:

@rawpowah

@ZioRen

@Atenais

A bunch of women like Hux too. Laughing No, Kylo doesn't quite fit the every-villain mold but for those who criticize in this manner it's all under the same umbrella.
@ZioRen

I know! I like him too. But I don't cheer for him. lol I should have said Snoke. I don't think there's a bunch of Reykes out there. XD

Last edited by Atenais on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum