Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 13 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by PalmettoBlue on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 2:31 pm

Wow - this is so sad.

I don’t believe Ben stays dead. I believe that JJ is fully capable of filming the final scene on a closed set and keeping it quiet. Disney/LF is also capable of being very ruthless about keeping things under wraps (Baby Yoda, anyone?).

Why would we have to see the EXACT SAME ENDING AS DARTH VADER?
That’s stupid.

Ben lives. Rey lives. They will have little Skywalker/Solo babies.

The Solo saga will begin in 10 to 15 years.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 13 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 2:35 pm

@Geralt_Riv wrote:
@Atenais wrote:
@giaciak2 wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey @Let The Past Die @motherofpearl1 @special_cases @FrolickingFizzgig @Kylo Rey @spacebaby45678 @Atenais @nana7marie @Maria26

We are now on top of the roller coaster. I wonder if tomorrow will be a climb or a descent ...
@giaciak2

I still don't know if I want to be here [in the spoiler thread] tomorrow. There's a battle on my head rn, part of me wants to know the truth, the other wants to be surprised. XD

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 13 Giphy
@Atenais
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 13 1BhQ

It looks like only I and @"FrolickingFizzgig" are ok with Ben's ending. Of course I would like for him to be alive at the end, but if this is his ending then he did what his grandfather started but ultimately couldn't do. He wanted to find a way for Padme to live, even after her death. It connects the Prequels with the Sequels very well, something I was afraid they will have problems with, especially after bringing back the Emperor and, it seems, disregard the Chosen One prophecy (I'm not fully on board with that. I know why they brought back the Emperor but I still have problems with it. I hope we will get some anwers in the movie). Rey's ending on the other hand doesn't make sense based on the leaks. She never had good relationship with Luke, she doesn't probably know much about Anakin and she never met him. "Rey, Rey Solo" would have much more sense. Han, even through she knew him for 3 days, was like a father for her, Ben gave his life for her and Leia was her mentor in Ep.9. They will probably call Ben the last Skywalker the whole movie but still Solo would work better, especially that she ends up solo at the end. Laughing
@Geralt_Riv
I agree, the Padme and Anakin parallels are on point and I really like the whole concept of someone finally doing what neither Vader nor Palaptine could do: preserving life/resurrecting the dead. It requires something neither character would have been willing to give: selfless love and their own life. It does connect to the PT really well. I'm definitely someone who rarely outright hates things, though. I like to think about why certain decisions are made. Ben's conclusion is set up to be the film and trilogy-defining moment, really. He also has full agency in his death, as a Skywalker should. It's Rey's ending (her living on Tatooine with droids and the occasional visit from a ghost because reasons) that I find unconvincing and unsatisfying. It's just so sad as a conclusion to the entire saga. I was truly hoping to be uplifted beyond Return of the Jedi.

I'll make it clear that I do not have a problem with Rey honouring the Skywalker legacy by declaring that she will go on with them as her symbolic family. I really don't get how one can see it as her "stealing" anything - this is something Ben, in a huge way, gives to her willingly when the last thing he desires is for her to live on even if he dies. She isn't an identity thief. She's a fictional character with no capacity to make decisions, and the disappointment and resentment needs to fall where it belongs, on the people controlling the character/story (the writers).

I'm very curious to hear JJ and Terrio talk about the conclusion and why they came to the decision to conclude the saga in such a bittersweet manner.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 2:36 pm

@motherofpearl1 wrote:spacebaby, it was, my friend.
But as a severe depressant, I don't think I can see this film now. I've had a bad year, and I desperately needed some escapism. Last year Xmas for me was awful.
I want to be happy this year.

@motherofpearl1

The end of this ST is coming at the most perfect time, a new year and a new decade...may we all strike out on new paths, new interests and may the future bless us all.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 2:37 pm

@PalmettoBlue
Yes, nobody leaked Baby Yoda, but there were leaks that we will find out more about Yoda's species in The Mandalorian. It's not the same but some leaks about Yodas were there.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemlake on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 2:38 pm

I'm completely fine with any ending, but I'm more of a Rey-centric Reylo fan. I truly hope all the fans here can get some enjoyment of the movie. Although I understand if that might not be possible for everyone.

(And mark me down for not 100 percent believing the leaker who until a few days ago had Kylo dying in a pit.)

Gemlake
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 2:40 pm

@Gemini What has Ridley said that made you lose your hopes?
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 2:42 pm

Wait, we now have confirmation Kylo stays dead?

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 2:44 pm

@Birdwoman wrote:Wait, we now have confirmation Kylo stays dead?
@Birdwoman

No, we don't. have such confirmation.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 2:44 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig
Ben will do what nobody ever could do in the Star Wars Saga. Even Plagueis could only keep people from death (just like Rey based on the leaks), not bringing people back from the dead. He will die happily, knowing that Rey is safe. I hope that we won't get cheery Rey at the end through. It would make her ending even worse, it would have even less sense.

Last edited by Geralt_Riv on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 2:47 pm

That is a great way of looking at what Kylo will do.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 2:48 pm

@Birdwoman I’ve not heard any confirmation that Kylo stays dead. Maybe Kylo does, and Ben lives. (If you make the distinction.)

I’ve seen or heard nothing that demonstrates that Ben doesn’t survive in the end.

Sign me up for the Reylo babies.

@Geralt_Riv Okay sure - leaks that Yoda’s species would be there. And I’ve heard leaks that there is an epilogue that’s way happier from my perspective than this depressing crap that’s being peddled by the primary leakers.
Depressing - for a story that is 40+ years in the making, with the director saying Kylo’s end of the movie was “fun.”
Yeah. Dead. That’s exactly what I think is “Fun.”
I listened to the music of the trailer today. It was positively triumphant. The last track of the soundtrack was so beautiful and hopeful.

This is not the ending of a tragic, blood on the stage movie.

It’s just not.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by madeinmn on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 2:51 pm

@Gemini wrote:Omg what has DR just said..

Ok thats it the leaks are probably real, both Fakewalker and dead  Ben Sad

Has it finally defeated me...probably ...
@Gemini

What did she say? Did she confirm something important...?

madeinmn
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by justyou on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 2:56 pm

I've come to terms with the fact that Ben might stay dead and Adam and Daisy are gonna slay me with their farewell scene. I mean, I nearly cried watching the trailer with Sheev and Ben where it's evident how horribly his life has been manipulated so I'm gonna be a mess.

I'm still holding out a small hope for super, secret hidden scene where Ben is shown to be alive. Otherwise, I'm just gonna assume great characters are like the song "Only the Good Die Young." Loki and Ben were just too much for the mouse.
justyou
justyou
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 2:57 pm

@motherofpearl1 wrote:spacebaby, it was, my friend.
But as a severe depressant, I don't think I can see this film now. I've had a bad year, and I desperately needed some escapism. Last year Xmas for me was awful.
I want to be happy this year.

@motherofpearl1

I feel you dear!
Last Christmas was really sad for me and I had a lot of disappointments during this year in many fields of my life. After the last one, in November, I said to myself "hold on, at least you'll have SW to comfort you" Evil or Very Mad  
Well it's hard to be positive now, but I want to believe until the very end. Maybe I will get this nice present for Christmas Eh bien
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 2:58 pm

JJ never said that Kylo's end in the movie is fun. Just to be fair. I don't think that they are going to make clear in interviews how the biggest question will be resolved.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 2:59 pm

I never saw Avengers Infinity War on learning Loki"s fate.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by justyou on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:00 pm

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I never saw Avengers Infinity War on learning Loki"s fate.
@motherofpearl1

I went still, hoping at least he'd get some decent screen-time before they offed him. Jokes on me he was gone in the first 10 min. lmao
justyou
justyou
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:05 pm

What's really irritating is that he went out in a blaze of glory saving the Avengers in the comic.
Then he was reborn.....
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:06 pm

@nana7marie wrote:@Gemini What has Ridley said that made you lose your hopes?
@nana7marie

She said the family and  belonging was with Finn and Poe....christ.

There goes Rey Kenobi

There goes Ben being her family

Her being with Ben, her place with him was always about kenobi and reylo  for me.

But just gotta accept it lol. I have moments of defiance but l dont care now lol. Just gotts deal with what LF give me.

Last edited by Gemini on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:07 pm

@special_cases Perhaps I misinterpreted this direct quote. Do you have more info on it that negates calling “his” [Kylo/Ben] “pretty fun?”

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 13 42fe9010
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:09 pm

@PalmettoBlue wrote:@special_cases Perhaps I misinterpreted this direct quote. Do you have more info on it that negates calling “his” [Kylo/Ben] “pretty fun?”

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 13 42fe9010
@PalmettoBlue
He's talking about Kylo's story in the overall film, and while I absolutely don't believe he would have said this if Kylo died by being murdered by Palpatine over a cliff, it applies just fine to the updated conclusion where he dies peacefully and to save the woman he loves.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:09 pm

American optimism as personified by the maker himself

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 13 83f78eba79bee91b1b94f83ef2e25247cc40b6e2

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:10 pm

@Gemini wrote:
@nana7marie wrote:@Gemini What has Ridley said that made you lose your hopes?
@nana7marie

She said the family and belonging was with Finn and Poe....christ.
@Gemini

No Okayyyyy, then that`s it. My 1% hope is just gone out of the window.
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:11 pm

@Gemini
I wouldn't really take that as any indication of story. She wouldn't spoil the film, and ultimately, yes, her belonging is with friends, but it's also with something she can't talk about - becoming the caretaker of the Skywalker legacy after Ben gives her new life. This is similar to how she always has to talk about Kylo as a villain despite highlighting their connection. We know the leaks and what likely happens, but it's not something you can completely glean from interviews.

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:12 pm

Guys, it's possible that the Leaks are real, yes... Also in this case, they will have joined the fandom in saying: "Star Wars is really horrible".  Cry

Furthermore, I will not see Rey as a reference feminine model. I have a small son and I don't want him to be traumatized. Can you imagine having a daughter-in-law like Rey? She breaks your son in two, once that idiot of your son makes a right choice, he dies to save her ... after so many tug of war, they don't even leave you a grandson ... and no, I really hope my son will not love women so strong and independent ... better a girl who has romantic dreams with fantasy characters and finds pleasure in writing in forums...  lol!

@PalmettoBlue @Geralt_Riv @Birdwoman @"speciali" @nana7marie @Gemlake @spacebaby45678 @FrolickingFizzgig @SW_Heroine_Journey @Atenais

One more thing, December 20 will start The Withcer (on Netflix) will not be the best (or yes, I don't know), but it would be nice to meet you again to comment a new Fandom and abandon Titanic Star Wars to the sea ..

Girls if the ending is what we know, we are all Rossella Ohara, also the wonderful and sensitive Reylo male friends who have written in this forum. Tomorrow will be a better day for all of us, with or without Reylo.  flower

I forgot this will be the fandom if the leakers prove to be true.
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 13 Downlo21

And this is a photo of the financiers' meeting after Fandom's reaction

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 13 Downlo22

Last edited by giaciak2 on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum