Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 5:37 pm

Just been surfing Twitter, a lot of praise but also a lot of disappointment
One comment showed pictures of all the Skywalkers and said:
"This family deserved better".
My sentiments exactly.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by ZioRen on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 5:38 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:Yeah the only people who seem very happy with this movie are the first reactions (and those are often fake-happy for pretty much every big movie) and the people who only cared that JJ messed with Rian and TLJ to any degree because they became just THAT bitter about it. Even if someone likes the Palpatine angle in theory, from what it sounds they really blow it when it comes to making it satisfying, or even just not conspicuously thrown in, in-movie. JJ absolutely seems to have done the "unearned moments" thing again. It'll be the Leia hugging Rey and not Chewie arguments all over again x 10.

If certain post-TLJ reactions were just about giving into the haters again and using it as a chance to express grievances, I'm curious to see how the cast interviews about this movie now that it's out. Will we see some clamming up?
@ZioRen
To be fair there are a lot of positive responses as well, both from last night and today. It's not all negative (though negative reactions seem to be getting posted here more). It's a bit of an unfair sample at the moment IMO.
@FrolickingFizzgig

True, but I have some thoughts on how it might go. I think the GA reaction will be overall positive, though. Pacing issues and emotional beats that aren't given quite their due within action-y movies doesn't tend to be something most casual fans of said movies will dwell on.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 5:41 pm

Yoinks, ViewerAnon basically confirms what another leaker said about the bizarre nature of Kylo's death. I foresee some very confused theaters.

But the way it plays is as a bit of a takeout. He revives her, she sees him, says Ben, they kiss... and there hasn't been a hint that anything's up. They break the kiss, Rey looks concerned, and then Ben slumps over and dies. The staging makes it look silly and sudden.

And then there's this. I don't want to hear nonsense about Kylo "not knowing the Force ghost technique" because I extremely doubt Leia learned it either in the short time she indulged Jedi training.

That description is accurate. Leia is under the sheet until Ben dies. When he disappears, she does, too.

Ben should have been there at the end. It's awfully strange that he isn't.

Last edited by ZioRen on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 5:43 pm

How’s everyone doing? I think I’ve spent most of this day in a total fog. Like somebody tied an anchor to my foot and threw me in a river, blah.

Can I just say this is a REALLY terrible day to know someone who runs a Disney fan website and be a person who follows a bunch of others? They got to see it early and while they can’t use spoilers, the reaction posts are making me sick. It’s all the studio’s buzzwords and pushing the agenda. The Mouse fandom bloggers and site owners clearly got their marching orders today. It’s all over FB about how hopeful and satisfying it all is. These are the folks whose level of access to screenings and parks events depends on how much they suck up to Mickey, and they are in full force damage control mode today. It’s nauseating. I know it’s a paycheck via clicks to the sites, but I couldn’t do that. I couldn’t pretend chopped liver is filet mignon.

I haven’t even looked at the big Disney parks forums that have known Disney shills doing PR spin/damage control while posing as “average fans” yet.  L-puke
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 5:48 pm

@rawpowah

OMG, ViewerAnon compared Reylo final scene to Batman v Superman film's infamous "Martha" moment. Holy f*ck did JJ and Terrio really screw up that badly?
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 5:50 pm

@OrionStars wrote:
@rawpowah

OMG, ViewerAnon compared Reylo final scene to Batman v Superman film's infamous "Martha" moment. Holy f*ck did JJ and Terrio really screw up that badly?
@OrionStars

If this is accurate I don't even know anymore. All JJ had to do....was let the most emotional climax of the sequel trilogy....just linger for a little longer. He really couldn't cut down something else to let that have its time, draw it out, make it clear something is wrong and have Rey come to realize it rather than Kylo just slumping over dead and vanishing?

I know what he was going for here if it really is as abrupt as reported, but it's out of place for this particular type of sacrifice and at this particular moment. An even remotely surprising death is not what this moment should have been.

Last edited by ZioRen on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 5:52 pm

Based on what ViewerAnon is saying: Jannah is not Lando's daughter and there is no reference to a missing daughter/child and Finn is not FS and whoever said that misinterpreted or blew that out of proportion based on an ambiguous line.

As for the description of that scene I've heard different things from different people and that's no surprise. I would just wait to see that one for yourself.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 5:53 pm

Hello @AcrosstheStars ! Hope you'll get better soon. I hope we all get better because at least anticipation and waiting is over. We are like Rey in end now, had some great moments, had some bad moments and not sure what was all that about...

---

I'm reading VA's leaks and just don't know if I should laugh or cry? Yeah, that's what I thought, Ben's death and payout feels strange. It's the cop-out. Cowards.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 5:53 pm

@ZioRen wrote:Yoinks, ViewerAnon basically confirms what another leaker said about the bizarre nature of Kylo's death. I foresee some very confused theaters.

But the way it plays is as a bit of a takeout. He revives her, she sees him, says Ben, they kiss... and there hasn't been a hint that anything's up. They break the kiss, Rey looks concerned, and then Ben slumps over and dies. The staging makes it look silly and sudden.

And then there's this. I don't want to hear nonsense about Kylo "not knowing the Force ghost technique" because I extremely doubt Leia learned it either in the short time she indulged Jedi training.

That description is accurate. Leia is under the sheet until Ben dies. When he disappears, she does, too.

Ben should have been there at the end. It's awfully strange that he isn't.
@ZioRen

Has anyone said if his clothes disappeared with him or not? The three prior examples to this, the clothes always stayed behind when they died and became ghosts.

And yeah, that’s nonsense. Leia barely trained at all and still became one shortly afterwards. Ben was at Luke’s school for years. He would have known how, or at least learn faster than Leia did.

Speaking of Leia: Under a sheet? They didn’t cover her face, did they?!! Because that is a whole level of gross and tacky. If I ever see this in theaters, I’ll look away if that’s what JJ did.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 5:54 pm

I need a bit of advice...... anyone here think it's a good idea to see this film now?
I've been looking forward to it more than Christmas, but I'm seriously considering not bothering to see it now.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 5:55 pm

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I need a bit of advice...... anyone here think it's a good idea to see this film now?
I've been looking forward to it more than Christmas, but I'm seriously considering not bothering to see it now.
@motherofpearl1

It's up to you. If Kylo dying is absolutely a dealbreaker for you in every respect, maybe not. Other things could hit different when you actually watch it and it may actually be enjoyable for you. JJ is at least good at bringing the excitement and I'm sure Adam in particular will be great in his scenes. But at the same time I absolutely don't blame those who don't plan to spend money on it now. I don't think I do. I'll probably just watch it in that yo ho ho way.

Last edited by ZioRen on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 5:56 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:What about the gold dice? Haven’t seen them mentioned in any of the spoilers. Did JJ decide to ignore that detail as well?
@Cowgirlsamurai

And what about the cyclops thing, did someone talk about anything minimally related to cyclops?

@Gemini wrote:I think the penny just dropped

The tower is there because Ben makes the similar Sacrifice obi made to let the falcon and new "Skywalker" rise?

I remember someone in the crew getting at that point, recently ..vaguely.

@Gemini

I talked about their same sacrifice in another thread. It's the only explanation to have hinted at Obi-wan (or maybe it isn't realted at all, sho knows).

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@special_cases wrote:Another viewer on Ben's death

Sacrifice is a good way to put it. I was thinking, a soul for a soul. And he disappears almost like a force ghost or becoming one with the force, but like many are saying it wouldn't make sense that he becomes a ghost because that would require training. It's about as ambiguous as many other things in the movie like exactly how Palpatine returned.
@special_cases
I have a theory that originally there was a bigger explanation for Palpatine returning just like there was the whole thing with the "Force Dyad" and Oracle, but much if it was removed as overly complex exposition and the final film just has a ton of hand waving as if it expects people to roll with punches that either barely explained or not explained at all. I don't believe Daisy thought Palpatine's reemergence was explained for no reason - there was something originally even if it didn't make it to the final cut. Perhaps a wonky thing that will end up in comics about how he was resurrected via the dark side.

On the other hand it does sound like the actual scene is well done, which I guess is a small comfort?

Ultimately if I dislike this film (I now think I probably will just because of the reception, lol) it's not because I didn't get what I was expecting, it's because of the billion other writing problems and lack of direction and bizarre fanservice.

@FrolickingFizzgig

Same. Of course I wanted him alive, but I always thought his death was on the table (since he killed Han). But, at least, I was expecting a really good story, because this trilogy was so promising. I'm watching the movie, tomorrow midnight (and I still have to work the next day, ugh), I'm curious about my perception of the story.

I believe that, despite the leaks and reviews, we should go and see the movie, people invested so much time in this trilogy, in these characters, we should at least see what the creators gave us and judge the movie by ourselves. Maybe we can even enjoy it (or part of it).
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 5:56 pm

@ZioRen wrote:
@OrionStars wrote:
@rawpowah

@OrionStars

If this is accurate I don't even know anymore. All JJ had to do....was let the most emotional climax of the sequel trilogy....just linger for a little longer. He really couldn't cut down something else to let that have its time, draw it out, make it clear something is wrong and have Rey come to realize it rather than Kylo just slumping over dead and vanishing?

I know what he was going for here if it really is as abrupt as reported, but it's out of place for this particular type of sacrifice and at this particular moment. An even remotely surprising death is not what this moment should have been.
@ZioRen

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 38 UyvIudh
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 38 Source
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 5:58 pm

One thing's for sure: the memes will slap. Laughing
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 5:58 pm

@OrionStars wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@OrionStars wrote:
@rawpowah

@OrionStars

@ZioRen

@OrionStars
LOL I LOVE THIS, THANK YOU. I hope it's real. This is top quality meme worthy nonsense and I thank JJ for its existence.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 5:58 pm

Um....I wonder if JJ got his wife's crossed because it seems to me he's made a send up!😲
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 5:59 pm

@OrionStars wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@OrionStars wrote:
@rawpowah

@OrionStars

@ZioRen

@OrionStars

LOL I think this might be my favorite thing about this movie so far!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 6:01 pm

Watching a movie is very personal experience as @Atenais said.

I think I'll enjoy the movie. I was worried about Ben's death bur it's obvious that it was intentionally constructed as the cop-out so it won't mess with me in the theatre. But I'm easy to please, I easily enjoy bad movies or movies with bad stories. Some of my favourite movies are quite bad lol.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 6:03 pm

I'm just imagining Rey sitting alone on Jakku as a small child, a tear of pure loneliness rolling down her cheek, whispering encouragingly to herself: "At least I have the sand."

All we need now is some strange meta on how Rey probably likes that sand is "coarse and irritating and gets everywhere" because it represents how she wishes she were surrounded with people even if they're annoying.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 6:05 pm

@ZioRen wrote:I'm just imagining Rey sitting alone on Jakku as a small child, a tear of pure loneliness rolling down her cheek, whispering encouragingly to herself: "At least I have the sand."
@ZioRen

I love sand, its smooth and soft and it gets nowhere.

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 6:06 pm

I really, really want to believe she says "I love sand" to Kylo because that would be the peak of hilarity but I sadly doubt it.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 6:07 pm

To anybody asking if they should go see the film, I still say yes assuming it doesn't break the bank. Go for a cheaper viewing if money is a concern. You may hate it or you may find things you enjoy. One person's description of any scene from TFA/TLJ can differ greatly from another's description. There are certain things you just have to see and grasp for yourself, and I would say we have yet to read any comprehensive reaction, let alone one from a Reylo. I'm anticipating Nonesuch's post most of all because she's very thoughtful and she tends to see things more like I do, re: it's not only about being out for blood about something.

ViewerAnon's clarifications about a couple things that were blown out of proportion don't surprise me, especially Force Sensitive Finn. That felt like a misunderstanding from the start. I expect that a few other things were poorly communicated from the initial distraught viewer to be honest.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 6:08 pm

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I need a bit of advice...... anyone here think it's a good idea to see this film now?
@motherofpearl1 Same here, since holidays are rough on me and depressing. I was never going to see it before Christmas due to the crowds and me being busy, but I planned to see it right after New Year’s if it had a happy ending. I don’t want to see it now at all. But if for nothing else than to see Kylo on the big screen again and the kiss, I will probably force myself to go in a month or two. Maybe even 3. Disney movies hang around my area in the theaters for eons. Toy Story 4 didn’t even leave until early October!

@special_cases Great way to put it. From all the descriptions it’s like one giant meta “What does life mean? What does it matter? It’s all pointless anyway!” fest on the big screen. I had more than a handful of professors with that attitude in college, and that was draining enough. I don’t need a movie version of that outlook.

@OrionStars No doubt JJ thinks that amounts to him including the prequels in this drivel. At least I can imagine Anakin hearing her and banging his head in to a wall somewhere, haha. His grandson fell for a girl who loves sand and seemingly moved to Tatooine. I’m sure he’s thrilled.  Laughing
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 6:08 pm

Are we sure that this is not a joke?

😂😂😂

special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachelmckellar34 on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 6:10 pm

no leaked clips yet ?

Rachelmckellar34
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum