Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by AcrosstheStars on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 4:17 am

Here’s the extended clip from the new Mandalorian episode. Finn, Poe and Chewie in the Falcon from the beginning with Klaud in tow.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/ecajwp/better_quality_of_sneak_peak_of_rise_of_skywalker/

Maybe confirmation bias has completely taken over my brain, but this looks so bad to me. The acting is... questionable, and man alive I think I feel a headache coming on from all those shot changes, shaky camera, and lights.  What a Face
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by OrionStars on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 4:23 am

@AcrosstheStars wrote:
@OrionStars wrote:The war has begun

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 5 YpGKV9x

@OrionStars

44 reviews now and down to 56%. In my best auctioneer voice: Can I have 55? 54? 50? Going once... Laughing

If this gets down to 50-ish and stays there, I will laugh so hard. I really don’t think most GA will like this either because it just seems like a mess from A to Z with moments of diamonds amidst the trash heap. Overcrowded plot, too many characters to attend to, nonsensical and repetitive stuff, and depressing. But who knows, maybe they will love it. Fandom can be hard to predict.
@AcrosstheStars

I don't think this is a good sign, GA doesn't like it and the bad WOM is starting, but I admire those who decided to walk out of the theater before Rey declared herself as Rey Skywalker

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 5 5oRt3pk
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 5 LSjFRJE
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 4:28 am

@Piper Maru wrote:
@special_cases wrote:
The resolution should be loud and clear. ST seriously suffers from some kind of unknown subtext syndrome which I've never encountered before. The real story is hidden so deep that it feels like storytellers are afraid of it themselves.
@special_cases

Couldn't agree more. It's a problem in TFA and TLJ, but TRoS really knocks it out of the part. Don't get me wrong, symbolism is essential to build an impactful and everlasting story. But if your story lacks any structure and it's built upon layers and layers of subtext/metatext/intertext, it just becomes an abstract aberration that doesn't work at all. Especially because when you rely too much on subtext, sometimes you can end up with conflicting messages that confuse and even hurt the audience, despite the creators' intent. Case in point is Rey Palpatine-Skywalker: the symbolism is that the Daughter of Darkness is revived by the Son of Light and rejects her past and earns a new family name and a new future. Unfortunately, in the context it's presented (Star Wars) it's also about the last Skywalker literally dying so the last Palpatine can live, usurp the family name and become the ultimate hero. This kind of s*** mixed message could've been easily avoided if the text was CLEAR and COHERENT. But well.  Laughing

Rey could have become a Skywalker by marrying Ben. Simple.
I'm genuinely disturbed about how kids are reacting. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they end up cutting it's time at the cinemas short. People don't want to be depressed at Christmas. JJ wanted to emulate Crimson Peak, but CP was not released at Christmas, it was released in October. Disney or LF, whoever's responsible, have possibly made the worst mistake in their history.
As for me, I intend to see it purely for Adam's sake. He - and. Kylo - deserved better than a toxic femininity statement dressed up as family entertainment. And, as we never see him buried, or his ghost, then I can create my own epilogue. For me, Ben Solo is very much alive. And better off away from Mary Sue Palpatine and her acolytes.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 4:29 am

I don't put too much stock in anecdotes, but they are still interesting. I'll have to see the reactions tomorrow
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 4:33 am

Yeah, that anecdote frankly sounds like total BS to me. It's very rare for people to leave the theater when they've paid for something and already have made the time to be there, and 75%? C'mon. That's simply a lie.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 4:41 am

@AcrosstheStars wrote:
@OrionStars wrote:The war has begun

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 5 YpGKV9x

@OrionStars

44 reviews now and down to 56%. In my best auctioneer voice: Can I have 55? 54? 50? Going once... Laughing

If this gets down to 50-ish and stays there, I will laugh so hard. I really don’t think most GA will like this either because it just seems like a mess from A to Z with moments of diamonds amidst the trash heap. Overcrowded plot, too many characters to attend to, nonsensical and repetitive stuff, and depressing. But who knows, maybe they will love it. Fandom can be hard to predict.

It's down to 53% at the moment.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 4:45 am

75% sounds a bit too much. But it's not unheard of for people to just not want to waste their time watching something they dont like. At the Suicide Squad screening I went to some years ago I remember there being many people that got up and left. Granted this was at a cinema at a downtown European city where access is easy and you can just continue your day doing something else nearby.

Nyx
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 4:46 am

Damn, it really sounds like they listened to every fanboy hot take on TLJ and tried to please the unpleasable and ended up with a hot mess.

Like, have some faith in your own story to carry it out.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 4:48 am

@Moonjump05 wrote:Damn, it really sounds like they listened to every fanboy hot take on TLJ and tried to please the unpleasable and ended up with a hot mess.

Like, have some faith in your own story to carry it out.
@Moonjump05
Especially because the only plot point that was carried through all three films is the only thing critics are praising: Rey and Kylo.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 5:09 am

SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 5:16 am

@SkyStar

Ugh, why the hell are they smiling? Their son/nephew/apprentice is dead.

"No one's ever really gone" my a**.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 5:16 am

OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 5:17 am

So apparently Luke has zero interactions with Kylo Mad ... seriously WTF, after everything that went down between them in TLJ?? Oh that's right I forgot we're ignoring everything TLJ in this movie other than Reylo.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 5:18 am

@Saracene wrote:So apparently Luke has zero interactions with Kylo Mad ... seriously WTF, after everything that went down between them in TLJ?? Oh that's right I forgot we're ignoring everything TLJ in this movie other than Reylo.
@Saracene

@Moonjump05 wrote:
@SkyStar

Ugh, why the hell are they smiling? Their son/nephew/apprentice is dead.

@Moonjump05

Luke and Leia kind of forgot about Kylo
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 5:19 am

@Moonjump05 wrote:
@SkyStar

Ugh, why the hell are they smiling?  Their son/nephew/apprentice is dead.

@Moonjump05

I hate this narrative of - we f**** up our own kid/nephew but hey this girl we mentored for 5 minutes turned out to be good so yay.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 5:25 am

@Saracene wrote:So apparently Luke has zero interactions with Kylo Mad ... seriously WTF, after everything that went down between them in TLJ?? Oh that's right I forgot we're ignoring everything TLJ in this movie other than Reylo.
@Saracene

Really?  And after Luke's line about "See you around, kid"?  Unbelievable. Sad  They botched this movie so badly. Sad
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 5:29 am

@Saracene

That and the ghosts including his own family only helping her and not him makes me so upset. There’s no excuse for it. Reads as save for Rey and a Han memory, no one even wanted him still even when he turned good. That’s just tragic and cruel to me.  Crying or Very sad
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 5:29 am

@Saracene
Based on early rumours delivered among rumours that turned out to be true I suspect there was a scene between them, it was just cut between February and now. Apparently Leia reaches out to Ben through the Force and that's basically how she dies - in order to give Ben that memory/moment. The scene I think was cut involved Luke manifesting Han before Ben and Ben throwing Vader's mask at him.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 5:35 am

@SkyStar wrote:
@Moonjump05 wrote:
@SkyStar

Ugh, why the hell are they smiling?  Their son/nephew/apprentice is dead.

@Moonjump05

I hate this narrative of - we f**** up our own kid/nephew but hey this girl we mentored for 5 minutes turned out to be good so yay.
@SkyStar

It's sick, especially because even in the movie they make a point of Leia wanting Ben to return to the light but then it's dropped so "Rey, Rey Skywalker" can happen in the most s*** fanservice scene I've ever seen. And it doesn't even work as fanservice because all the fans know she's a faux-Skywalker and that Tatooine is a sithhole.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 5:39 am

@SkyStar

ok... this is horrible and now all I want to do is cry... nope.. ain't even gonna try to bootleg watch this travesty
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 5:41 am

Rey Skywalker taking it all from the "less worthy skywalker"

Was what the antis wanted originally, I remember.

I can't believe they pandered to this in such a contrived, awful way.

That notion was ridiculous,  now it's even more ludicrous the way they have done it.

Palpatine Skywaljer takes it.

Jj why didnt you just finish what you started with TFA

The internet has destroyed star wars

What a f****ing mess.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 5:46 am

@Gemini wrote:Rey Skywalker taking it all from the "less worthy skywalker"

Was what the antis wanted originally, I remember.

I can't believe they pandered to this in such a contrived, awful way.

That notion was ridiculous,  now it's even more ludicrous the way they have done it.

Palpatine Skywaljer takes it.

Jj why didnt you just finish what you started with TFA

The internet has destroyed star wars

What a f****ing mess.
@Gemini

Yes, they did, but they wanted the pure, golden heroine with the sacred bloodline, they didn't want Palpatine grandkid, haha.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 5:50 am

I can't even be upset about a Palpatine taking over the Skywalker name because Rey still gets nothing but loneliness and despair at the end. And honestly it looks like the name will die with her? Otherwise it would have only been too easy to at least give her a child with Ben to bring on the next gen.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 5:52 am

This is what happens when a few loud controlling people gain traction and drown out every other voice.

Let this be a lesson to Hollywood, just because an echo Chamber likes something does not mean it's a good story or that you should change your ideas, change what you have set up to suit a bunch of people in the internet. That's not a GA.

Last edited by Gemini on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 5:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 5:54 am

@SkyStar

Oh Look it's Mary and Jesus!!!

Merry Christmas Reylos!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum