Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by cherrylipstick on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 5:58 am

@SkyStar

This is so bad and tacky... a mockery. Who cares about what happened before in the story and that your nephew/son is dead, let's all be happy cause we have Rey Skywalker now. My God, this is so poorly made that I see it as a SW parody. I can't take it seriously  Rolling Eyes  

As for the anecdotes about crying babies and disgusted families, I think that there's some level of exaggeration here too. But it's not difficult to imagine kids having a hard time after the ending. Not exactly a family movie.
And kids can be very sensitiv with movies, I remember that, when I was very little, I saw Snow White and I was the only kid completely devastated to see Snow White leaving the dwarves  Laughing TROS ending would have been a shock affraid
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick
Moderator

Messages : 520
Likes : 2769
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-11
Age : 34
Localisation : Kylo's room

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by rawpowah on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 6:06 am

lmao the special effects look so bad in that screencap. Like a low budget 80s film. Laughing
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1108
Likes : 5910
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-18

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Moonjump05 on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 6:17 am

Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 732
Likes : 5175
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Piper Maru on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 6:25 am

Wow. His face.

Who the f**** thought it would be a good "poetic" choice to kill him right there?
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1598
Likes : 13300
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-15
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by cherrylipstick on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 6:26 am

@Lovely_Rose

oh well... and again all I can say is WHAT A WASTE this story has been.



@Moonjump05 wrote:
@Lovely_Rose

The only good thing so far.  I have been fed.

Edit:. Christ, this is the happiest we see Ben... My heart...
@Moonjump05
Oh God, I didn't think about that... One of my dreams was to see him finally smiling and this is closest thing we have. Poor Ben. Poor us.
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick
Moderator

Messages : 520
Likes : 2769
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-11
Age : 34
Localisation : Kylo's room

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Saracene on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 6:26 am

Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2608
Likes : 17225
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 40
Localisation : Melbourne

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Nyx on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 6:28 am

I feel sick. How could they do this to him?

Nyx
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 119
Likes : 794
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-10

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Gemini on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 6:29 am

I feel sick and also am holding back tears (gosh damn lol)...wow..look at him and her.

Look what could have f****ing been. For both characters. If this wasnt a palpatine and wasnt the end of Ben.. wow.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3437
Likes : 13903
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by cherrylipstick on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 6:34 am

@Piper Maru wrote:Wow. His face.

Who the f**** thought it would be a good "poetic" choice to kill him right there?
@Piper Maru

I can't understand. Really, I tried to find a meaning behind it, a reason to justify this choice, but I couldn't. It's the thing that bothers me more, that I can't get the sense of this movie. It's pointless.
This choice is so anticlimatic for a movie like that. It's like making Prince Phillip die of a heart attack just after he awakens Princess Aurora Evil or Very Mad You just can't!
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick
Moderator

Messages : 520
Likes : 2769
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-11
Age : 34
Localisation : Kylo's room

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by giaciak2 on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 6:36 am

My heart is broken.

This kiss is all that remains of two wonderful characters handled badly by a bad and sadistic writing.


Last edited by giaciak2 on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 719
Likes : 2042
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10
Localisation : Rome

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by OrionStars on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 6:37 am

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/ecbvpa/rey_vs_palpatine/

Gosh, the battle between Rey and Palpy is such a disaster, it looks like a cheap copy of the fight between Wonder Woman and Ares, JJ even took off Palpy's brain and let he die (again) like a dumbass.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 622
Likes : 3383
Date d'inscription : 2018-11-09

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 6:41 am

Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2203
Likes : 11149
Date d'inscription : 2017-03-30
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by cherrylipstick on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 6:44 am

@OrionStars wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/ecbvpa/rey_vs_palpatine/

Gosh, the battle between Rey and Palpy is such a disaster, it looks like a cheap copy of the fight between Wonder Woman and Ares, JJ even took off Palpy's brain and let he die (again) like a dumbass.
@OrionStars

The Rise of Wonder Rey.
Better to laugh than to cry, but jeez...
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick
Moderator

Messages : 520
Likes : 2769
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-11
Age : 34
Localisation : Kylo's room

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 6:44 am

@cherrylipstick wrote:
@SkyStar

This is so bad and tacky... a mockery. Who cares about what happened before in the story and that your nephew/son is dead, let's all be happy cause we have Rey Skywalker now. My God, this is so poorly made that I see it as a SW parody. I can't take it seriously  Rolling Eyes  

As for the anecdotes about crying babies and disgusted families, I think that there's some level of exaggeration here too. But it's not difficult to imagine kids having a hard time after the ending. Not exactly a family movie.
And kids can be very sensitiv with movies, I remember that, when I was very little, I saw Snow White and I was the only kid completely devastated to see Snow White leaving the dwarves  Laughing TROS ending would have been a shock affraid
I can't help but think that they have actually done Beauty and the Beast but without the happy ending.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4203
Likes : 17794
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by SkyStar on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 6:46 am

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 C0WO4qaWIAAZhbC?format=jpg&name=small
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1572
Likes : 7696
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-01

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Mana on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 6:46 am

After seeing his adorable happy face, and the love in his eyes when he looks at her. I’m a wreck Snif
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1464
Likes : 12555
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 28
Localisation : Australia

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 6:50 am

@Saracene wrote:So apparently Luke has zero interactions with Kylo Mad ... seriously WTF, after everything that went down between them in TLJ?? Oh that's right I forgot we're ignoring everything TLJ in this movie other than Reylo.
I saw someone on twitter said that this film is a huge finger to the TLJ.

But at least Rian never ruined everyone's Christmas.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4203
Likes : 17794
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Gemini on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 6:52 am

@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@Saracene wrote:So apparently Luke has zero interactions with Kylo Mad ... seriously WTF, after everything that went down between them in TLJ?? Oh that's right I forgot we're ignoring everything TLJ in this movie other than Reylo.
I saw someone on twitter said that this film is a huge finger to the TLJ.

But at least Rian never ruined everyone's Christmas.
@motherofpearl1

TlJ was a middle finger to TFA

TROS is two middle fingers to both TLJ and TFA

Great....
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3437
Likes : 13903
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by OrionStars on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 6:56 am

@Gemini wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@Saracene wrote:So apparently Luke has zero interactions with Kylo Mad ... seriously WTF, after everything that went down between them in TLJ?? Oh that's right I forgot we're ignoring everything TLJ in this movie other than Reylo.
I saw someone on twitter said that this film is a huge finger to the TLJ.

But at least Rian never ruined everyone's Christmas.
@motherofpearl1

TlJ was a middle finger to TFA

TROS is two middle fingers to both TLJ and TFA

Great....
@Gemini

Oh so JJ chose to f*ck himself and his own film, that's rough
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 622
Likes : 3383
Date d'inscription : 2018-11-09

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 6:57 am

Do you know guys, even though I'm going to see this film, I'm seriously considering walking out before the end, because if I have to see that awful tacky Luke/Leia scene in an audience full of people I'll die of embarrassment.

I honestly wonder what Carrie would have made of this?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4203
Likes : 17794
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Gemlake on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 6:58 am

Ok, put me down as someone who truly did not believe that JJ would kill off the final Skywalker. (Although one tiny doubt stemmed from the fact that men often think "epic" romance equals one side side dying.)

I realize that for some here it doesn't matter, but the reviews do seem to praise Adam and Daisy's performances, and see Rey and Kylo's relationship as the highlight of the movie.

"Ridley and Adam Driver are once again absolutely electrifying when on screen together. The chemistry and conflict between Rey and Kylo is a sight to behold, especially when they fight so impressively and so fuelled by raw emotion."

https://www.heyuguys.com/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-review/


"[T]he film belongs mostly to Ridley and Driver – who swing seamlessly between seething rage and timid vulnerability."

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/reviews/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-review-cast-director-jj-abrams-sequel-jedi-a9251066.html

"But the beating heart of this film, and the biggest reason I recommend it, is the evolving and intriguing relationship between Rey (Daisy Ridley) and Kylo Ren (Adam Driver)."

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/12/star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-spoiler-free-review-kylo-rey-save-the-film/

"Make no mistake about it, this is Rey and Kylo Ren’s film. Their “Force bond," something Abrams convenienty kept from “The Last Jedi," is stronger than ever. The chemistry between the Ridley and Driver is undeniable as they navigate the peripheries of the Jedi and Sith. And you thought your relationship was complicated! The resolution of their story might not please everybody -- there were audible groans at the screening I attended -- but the journey should move, if not bowl you over like a speeding Rathtar."

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2019/12/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-jj-abrams-restores-balance-to-his-galaxy-in-sagas-final-episode.html




Gemlake
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 103
Likes : 607
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-03

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 7:00 am

Rey is at her best when she's interacting with Kylo.
Now she's going to spend an eternity on a barren desert world as some sort of icon of everything a woman should be.

What kind of person is KK if she honestly thinks this is female empowerment?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4203
Likes : 17794
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Gemini on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 7:02 am

@OrionStars wrote:
@Gemini wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@Saracene wrote:So apparently Luke has zero interactions with Kylo Mad ... seriously WTF, after everything that went down between them in TLJ?? Oh that's right I forgot we're ignoring everything TLJ in this movie other than Reylo.
I saw someone on twitter said that this film is a huge finger to the TLJ.

But at least Rian never ruined everyone's Christmas.
@motherofpearl1

TlJ was a middle finger to TFA

TROS is two middle fingers to both TLJ and TFA

Great....
@Gemini

Oh so JJ chose to f*ck himself and his own film, that's rough
@OrionStars

Yes he did...he really did.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3437
Likes : 13903
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 7:13 am

@cherrylipstick wrote:
@OrionStars wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/ecbvpa/rey_vs_palpatine/

Gosh, the battle between Rey and Palpy is such a disaster, it looks like a cheap copy of the fight between Wonder Woman and Ares, JJ even took off Palpy's brain and let he die (again) like a dumbass.
@OrionStars

The Rise of Wonder Rey.
Better to laugh than to cry, but jeez...

The worst thing is, I've lost count of how many people - myself included - have repeatedly tried to defend Rey to those who referred to her as a Mary Sue, only for them to turn her into one.
What really turns my stomach is the sight of Luke and Leia smiling proudly as the last Palpatine takes the name of their dead son/nephew. Who's fall from grace was predominantly their fault.
My God.
😲
Off topic cherry, but although your avatar's lovely....have you ever seen Cabin in the Woods?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4203
Likes : 17794
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum