Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem - Page 5 Empty Re: Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by Gemini on Wed 09 Sep 2020, 12:10 pm

Lawd Paul, hes like kylo, seeing a vision of a girl in a sandy place before meeting her.

"I know you"

"What girl"
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Snoopy on Wed 09 Sep 2020, 12:12 pm

@KiraRen2015 wrote:@Darth Snoopy Agreed and honestly I think this is more JJ's failure and not Rian's. Watching TFA now, it's clear JJ not only had no plan for Rey, but completely disregarded canon materials. He left the door open for Reywalker, Rey Nobody/Reylo, Rey Kenobi and Ray Palpatine just to name a few, whilst not even thinking how on earth the next writer could even explain any of these parentages to the audience and make it seem legit and not shoehorned in, as well as make it relevant to Rey herself! It's why TROS was such a mess in the parentage regard. I think Rian just took what he found most interesting  as well as the one he thought was the les difficult to work with (Reylo/Rey Random) and tried to do what he could. It was a mess for sure but JJ was the one who put him in that position imo.
@KiraRen2015

I would actually put a lot of the blame on hypothetical corporate mandates from Disney/Lucasfilm - I imagine that the lack of planning was attributed to the fact that there was a strong consensus from the studios, that they could get away with a soft reboot of the OT. The major criticism of TFA, was that it retread too much of a ANH and the rest of the OT. TLJ was a response to that, but the that film (as much as I prefer it) is not as controversial as its online notoriety implies - I personally have a love/hate relationship with its ending, specifically. Then TROS was a drunk response to any criticisms TLJ brought.
Darth Snoopy
Darth Snoopy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 09 Sep 2020, 12:23 pm

@SheLitAFire....I'm not surprised. They seem to have taken all the charm and appeal of the original out of it's remake. Beauty and the Beast LA had it's faults, but they remained faithful to the original while trying to expand on it.
I think that today's film makers are so worried about the Professionally Offended on SM they're letting it affect the quality of their products. Thing is nothing will satisfy these clowns. They're sacrificing great story arcs, fascinating characters, and romance itself to please tiresome political correctness. Not long ago in the UK a young lady was accusing a shop of racism because one of the bras was called tobacco brown, and she said it was an insult to her skin colour.
Worryingly it's providing the extreme right with ammunition. All this 'wokeness' isn't doing female emancipation any good at all.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

unicorn and KiraRen2015 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 09 Sep 2020, 12:31 pm

@Gemini wrote:Lawd Paul, hes like kylo, seeing a vision of a girl in a sandy place before meeting her.

"I know you"

"What girl"
@Gemini

yeah, Kylo is a mix of Paul and Alia.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Gemini likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Wed 09 Sep 2020, 4:11 pm

@Gemini wrote:Rey kenobi would not have been last minute. Daisy confirmed it was there at the start before Rey Random. It follows naturally from TFA but not 8 unfortunately.
@Gemini

When I say last-minute I mostly mean the reveal itself. The time to reveal and explore Rey’s heritage was really in the middle episode instead of switching between Nobody and Kenobi.

Also, I know you guys see this as validation, but to me “toying with the idea” is not the same as actually committing to the idea and laying foundation for it. It’s not clear from Daisy’s answer at what time during the production of TFA did they “toy with this idea”. She also mentioned that there were “different versions” in between Rey Kenobi and Rey Nobody, so it didn’t just go from one to another and it’s not clear who was coming up with these different versions.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 10 Sep 2020, 6:02 am

@Saracene wrote:
@Gemini wrote:Rey kenobi would not have been last minute. Daisy confirmed it was there at the start before Rey Random. It follows naturally from TFA but not 8 unfortunately.
@Gemini

When I say last-minute I mostly mean the reveal itself. The time to reveal and explore Rey’s heritage was really in the middle episode instead of switching between Nobody and Kenobi.

Also, I know you guys see this as validation, but to me “toying with the idea” is not the same as actually committing to the idea and laying foundation for it. It’s not clear from Daisy’s answer at what time during the production of TFA did they “toy with this idea”. She also mentioned that there were “different versions” in between Rey Kenobi and Rey Nobody, so it didn’t just go from one to another and it’s not clear who was coming up with these different versions.
@Saracene

I guess I understand what you are saying.

Toying is a word which indicates not serious.

But, may I ask, do you not equate what she is saying about  a "kenobi connection"  with the actual  kenobi connection in 7 in the vision sequence?

You still think that means nothing in regards to the kenobi connection she speaks of? Are you saying  that the connection the audience saw in 7 during the vision sequence  is not related to what she said about an early kenobi connection  in any way shape or form?

Even the kenobi ending? Does not link at all to what she has said?

When she says "different versions" it could possibly indicate different versions of how kenobi would pan out.

To me, i think the connection was pretty solid at the early stages considering that its in the actual film itself multiple times. Even in the last scene.

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

spacebaby45678 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 10 Sep 2020, 7:08 am

I really would like to know why of all options they went with Palpatine?
I suspect that they wanted her to take the Skywalker name at the end, naturally she wouldn't be ashamed of Rey Kenobi.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 10 Sep 2020, 7:36 am

I really would like to know why of all options they went with Palpatine?
I suspect that they wanted her to take the Skywalker name at the end, naturally she wouldn't be ashamed of Rey Kenobi.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Thu 10 Sep 2020, 7:50 am

@Gemini wrote:
@Saracene wrote:
@Gemini

@Saracene

I guess I understand what you are saying.

Toying is a word which indicates not serious.

But, may I ask, do you not equate what she is saying about  a "kenobi connection"  with the actual  kenobi connection in 7 in the vision sequence?

You still think that means nothing in regards to the kenobi connection she speaks of? Are you saying  that the connection the audience saw in 7 during the vision sequence  is not related to what she said about an early kenobi connection  in any way shape or form?

Even the kenobi ending? Does not link at all to what she has said?

When she says "different versions" it could possibly indicate different versions of how kenobi would pan out.

To me, i think the connection was pretty solid at the early stages considering that its in the actual film itself multiple times. Even in the last scene.

@Gemini

The audience saw all sorts of connections in TFA. I saw nothing particularly Kenobi about the TFA ending, no.

As for the vision sequence, do you mean Ewan McGregor’s “these are your first steps”? To me like many other things it’s open to interpretation. You could just as well say that this links Rey with Luke because Obi-Wan was his teacher and now he’s reaching out to Rey who in the minds of the makers is the “new Luke”. Like I said, if it’s unclear at what stage exactly they toyed with Rey Kenobi, they might have not approached this scene with a Kenobi connection in mind at all.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 10 Sep 2020, 9:11 am

OK so you are saying that what she revealed means nothing connecting to anything we saw in the trilogy.

Its just not there, people imagining things  even though she suggests it was at the start.

OK, its all I was curious about.

Didn't someone close to the set actually reveal yesterday that he was told she was a kenobi directly from the set back in 7?

I'm sure more will come out eventually. What daisy said was just the tip of the iceberg.

Its literally going to need to com from JJ and I'm sure it will one day.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sacrebleu on Thu 10 Sep 2020, 10:52 am

I think that they included many callbacks and mirroring to things in the other trilogies, especially the OT, and kept all their options open.  My assumption is that Kenobi was indeed one idea of several that they considered, or toyed with as she said.  My guess, and it's just a guess, is that Rey Palpatine was always JJ's favorite idea and when he was under the gun that's what he ultimately went back to.  One can certainly pick up many indicators in TFA for different theories.  Whatever they finally decided, we would be able to look back at those indicators and say, "This one was a clue" or "This one was just a callback/mirroring".

After I saw TFA, Kenobi was my first idea but there are various ways to interpret the indicators because none of them was explicit or definitive enough.  What I felt strongest about was that she wasn't a Skywalker based on her conversation with Maz, but if JJ had felt like it I'm sure he would have made her a blood Skywalker regardless of what Maz said.

Last edited by Sacrebleu on Thu 10 Sep 2020, 12:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : punctuation)
Sacrebleu
Sacrebleu
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Thu 10 Sep 2020, 8:59 pm

Disney didn't even know who her parents would be until literally the 11th hour. Pathetic. There's no point to really be invested in parentage theories when they didn't even care. We were all right until the last second- she could have been nobody, could have been skywalker, could have been kenobi.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 2:06 am

You know what the worst thing is?
It's done. There's no going back.
TROS, the final episode in the most memorable space saga of all time, is one of the worst films ever made. The most interesting SW character ever has been killed off in the most inane way possible. The much vaunted female protagonist is a shallow Mary Sue who is impossible to relate to. The supporting characters are instantly forgettable. The story that captivated the hearts of generations ends on a shattering nihilistic note with the heroes bloodline wiped out, and the villain's surviving.
It will not be retconned. The company who made it refuse to acknowledge they made a cinematic disaster, instead preferring to make Endless prequels that this ending has rendered pointless. The director and writer made a flashy big budget c***** which has tainted the saga forever. I honestly don't know if I will ever rewatch any of the SW films again. I've even lost interest in the Mandalorian.

I read on another forum of a long term fan who on seeing TROS came home and destroyed every bit of SW memorabilia she owned . I doubt very much if I'll go that far, but I've put most of my own away except for the art books, and those connected with Adam and TLJ. They are the only positive things to come out of Disney's SW.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 4:18 pm

Rey Kenobi Postmortem - Page 5 QKmGa5p

Rey Kenobi Postmortem - Page 5 Giphy
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

spacebaby45678 and Starliteprism like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 4:47 pm

Nothing is lost! Maybe mom is a Kenobi-Kryse?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Starliteprism likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 4:57 pm

@vaderito wrote:Nothing is lost! Maybe mom is a Kenobi-Kryse?
@vaderito

From your finger tips to LF/Disney ears
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Sat 19 Sep 2020, 1:16 am

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/star-wars-rey-was-initially-going-to-be-related-to-obi-wan-says-daisy-ridley/

Vindicated.

We were right.  Special shout out to spacebaby45678 and Gemini and all others who were Rey Kenobists from the beginning.

Has anyone checked on FrolickingFizzgig lately to see if she's ok?

Just wanted to come back here one more time to celebrate.  WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
BigDeal2187
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Starliteprism likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 19 Sep 2020, 2:26 am

Ah Disney...... why'd ya do it?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 19 Sep 2020, 9:28 am

@BigDeal2187 wrote:https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/star-wars-rey-was-initially-going-to-be-related-to-obi-wan-says-daisy-ridley/

Vindicated.

We were right.  Special shout out to spacebaby45678 and Gemini and all others who were Rey Kenobists from the beginning.

Just wanted to come back here one more time to celebrate.  WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
@BigDeal2187

I was wondering about where you were at!!...  cheers  cheers  There is no celebration without you  bounce Yes It is vindication on so many levels... we where called conspiracy theorists, delusional we where bullied and gaslit and then sent to the ghetto of our own little thread... The Rey Kenobi thread..

And now people are spreading the fake news that there NEVER was a plan for Rey's character and they where only "toying" with the Kenobi connection idea. I happen to know that is NOT TRUE and false false false.. Gemini and I and everyone in this thread have proved that is false, our old threads are the best of investigative documentation and journalism.. In fact Rey's name "REY" is a link to Obi Wan...

George's second draft with Arndt had Rey Kenobi and that is a fact and the character of Rey is more than likely one of the main reasons Arndt got writing credit on TFA  someday the dime will drop ....

Christian Harloff on his recent podcast... I heard Rey was a Kenobi pre TFA in 2015

RFR radio on their recent podcast... They heard Rey was  a Kenobi pre TFA in 2015

Breznican wrote an article pre TFA 2015 on the possibility...

The one thing that they will not be able to do is erase all of the connections that Rey has to Obi Wan  in the sequel trilogy.. I make a prediction that Rey Kenobi will not die. Because it will be a mythological truth....

Rey Kenobi Postmortem - Page 5 B2ln96h3ox541
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

spacebaby45678 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 19 Sep 2020, 10:16 am

You know....I honestly think no franchise fandom has been treated as poorly as reylos. We've been trolled by everyone, from the fandom menace to John Boyega to the writer and director of TROS. I have to say, I think it's the modern way of thinking. People see abuse, racism and misogyny in everything even when it's not there.
It makes me feel kind of sad for the future of romance.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by madeinmn on Sat 19 Sep 2020, 12:41 pm

[quote="spacebaby45678"]

George's second draft with Arndt had Rey Kenobi and that is a fact and the character of Rey is more than likely one of the main reasons Arndt got writing credit on TFA  someday the dime will drop ....

Christian Harloff on his recent podcast... I heard Rey was a Kenobi pre TFA in 2015

RFR radio on their recent podcast... They heard Rey was  a Kenobi pre TFA in 2015

Breznican wrote an article pre TFA 2015 on the possibility...

Wow, just wow..... I remember the Breznican part, I had no idea about George/Arndt had a Rey Kenobi in the works, and that Harloff and RFR had heard rumblings of Rey Kenobi as well. What a  Censored  shame!!! A ST about a Kenobi and Skywalker who start at opposite ends but end united (and in love) would have written itself. What a beautiful Star Wars-y tale of love and forgiveness and HOPE it could have been - and a true way to "rhyme". Darn, what could have been Angry

madeinmn
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 19 Sep 2020, 1:49 pm

I had no idea about George/Arndt had a Rey Kenobi in the work

This conclusion is what we have deducted through research, as of yet we have no independent confirmation, but it is an educated guess that the mythology that under-girds Rey's story could have only come from George... No way could it have come from JJ, he does not have those kind of storytelling chops.......

Also, 2015 Pre TFA

"Production has kept a pretty tight lid on most of Star Wars: The Force Awakens' secrets, but rumors fly and sometimes actors let things slip. In the video above, Rey actress Daisy Ridley drops a pretty big hint that all but confirms who she really plays in the movie.

According to Ridley, "I'm solitary, that's how I begin, that's probably a big clue." "
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Sat 19 Sep 2020, 5:13 pm

What fake news? Daisy herself used the word “toying”.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sun 20 Sep 2020, 7:06 am

Toying in the beginning,  followed up by saying different versions, which means most likely the toying means toying with different directions of Rey Kenobi. Most people understand what that means, including media outlets and thousands of people understand what she meant. Its just a select few like you who apparently do "not understand" what she means. To be honest, its absolutely no shock that you don't either. I was expecting it.

You can continue to try and pretend rey kenobi was not there and was never there as you always have, you can continue to try gaslight us. Seriously, its your opinion, you can have it.

Its means nothing to me at all anymore, it also doesn't work on us anymore and hasn't for years.

Who cares what you  think when actual actors and people actually close to the set have confirmed it as Rey Kenobi at the start. As I said, more and more will come out about it. Mark my words. I really could give a sith if any of you still think its "all in our heads", its not, that's a fact. You have absolutley no basis to back up your opinions on it anymore.

Who the hell cares. After what Daisy has said.. like, seriously.

We were right about Kenobi at the start.

You guys were correct with guessing rey Random in the middle. We accept it. We were wrong to still think Kenobi.

No one could have guessed the trauma of Rey Palpatine though. Nobody wins here. Kylo is dead in the ground, rey is not a kenobi or a random. She's a palpatine. The grand daughter of a disgusting, wrinkly ball s**k. Like...thats it, its over. Rey random, gone, Rey Kenobi gone.

I personally don't understand why you are still fighting about this. Kenobi was the early plan they were working/toying with. End of.

If they ever retcon it, she will never, ever be a nobody again though. That I can absolutely, 100 percent without a doubt promise.  Rey Nobody will never, ever happen, ever again. Rey Random is gone forever.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sun 20 Sep 2020, 7:37 am

@BigDeal2187 wrote:https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/star-wars-rey-was-initially-going-to-be-related-to-obi-wan-says-daisy-ridley/

Vindicated.

@BigDeal2187

Yep, 100%

Last edited by Gemini on Sun 20 Sep 2020, 8:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down