Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by rey09 on Sat 21 Dec 2019, 10:41 pm

So I decided to finally try to understand the macguffin headache. Didn't dissect the leaks on this and got totally was lost in the movie.

So basically there are two "wayfinders" that somehow tell ppl how to get to exegol?

How does kylo know one is in mustafar? And the second one is in the death star. How did they figure this out? And apparently Luke knew about this too? But why is the dagger involved? A macguffin for a macguffin lol ? And I thought it was really dumb how the dagger shape was that of the death star from one angle. I was like THAT is so dumb.

I also forget how Rey ultimately knows how to get there? Instinct...? Because Luke is like you know?

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Atenais on Sat 21 Dec 2019, 10:42 pm

@Kyla Ren wrote:(...) I think their bond is definitely complex, I guess I just wouldn't describe it as sibling like.  I guess I'm just kind of shocked by the interview because more and more it sounds like the really didn't have a plan at all and they just threw a bunch of mystery boxes out there to be solved, or not, along the way.  I just don't think that's a good way to make a trilogy.  And I'm also starting to wonder, if Rian hadn't directed TLJ, would we have gotten romantic Reylo?
@Kyla Ren

Yeah, I think the same. And if we think about the several mystery boxes in TFA, anything could happen, since we had different directors for each movie.

I hope to be done with this trilogy in time. But right now I keep repeating to myself, "what a waste of such great plot and characters!".

Last edited by Atenais on Sat 21 Dec 2019, 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 21 Dec 2019, 10:53 pm

@Saracene wrote:I like that, even from watching the clips, I can see the gentle Ben Solo who showed up in TLJ during the hut scene and took off his glove to hold hands with Rey.

I wish I could pay some theatre to put together the best of TRoS so I could watch them on the big screen lol.
@Saracene
Adam absolutely knew Ben Solo's personality all along and gave his own hints throughout the trilogy. The little head nods, the crouching in front of Rey, the dumbfounded expressions at her powers, the little slide, the goofy and awkward teen behind the mask. We read Ben Solo perfectly in Adam's performance and seeing him come to life was the only real satisfying experience in this film.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyHa on Sat 21 Dec 2019, 11:02 pm

Behind the scenes: A Star Wars Story

by LadyHa

Disney: We just bought Lucasfilm for billions of dollars. To maximize our investment, we must find more demographics we can reach.

Research team: Western women with disposable income are underrepresented in the fandom.

Disney: Find out what they like.

Research team: Their top faves include Austen, the Brontës, Beauty and the Beast, and Phantom of the Opera.

Story Group: Here’s some obvious ways to incorporate those faves into a script- class differences, a Byronic hero, rose petals, and underworld imagery.

KK: Oh, have I got the actor for you!

Disney: Dew it.

TFA is released

A smallish fraction of the newly targeted demographic, now known as “Reylos”: Whoa! This is speaking to us? Color us obsessed.

General Audience: So cool. We love Han Solo. Rey must be Luke’s daughter.

Disney: $$$$$$$$ This is fantastic! Double down!

Rian Johnson: My romantic partner is a feminist film scholar. I got this.

TLJ is released

Growing Reylo fanbase: OMG! Pride & Prejudice! Sexual imagery! Adam Driver! I now go to Cons!

General Audience: Huh. I don’t know what to think.

Some faithful long time SW fans: No no no no no no no no no no no!

Malicious fanbrats: Burn the world to the ground!

Disney: Danger! Warning! We must find out what everyone wants!

Research team: OK, here’s a list to choose from. More rousing adventures, bad-a** Finn, Rey-related, less Rose, Rey training, Reylo, as many OT references and characters as possible, new planets, more spaceships, more “hot” women, FinnPoe, FinnRey, angsty Kylo, Bendemption, queer representation...

Disney: Dew it, JJ. All of it.

Story Group: Sayonara.

TRos is released

Reylos: We are devastated.

General Audience: Neat. We get it.

Fanbrats: Heh heh.

The end.
LadyHa
LadyHa
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sat 21 Dec 2019, 11:20 pm

Soo Adam is hosting SNL for what the 3rd time? On Jan 25th

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Sat 21 Dec 2019, 11:28 pm

@nickandnora wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@nickandnora

I definitely don’t think that behind the scenes “leak” is fully true, but there may be something to it. Jedi Paxis didn’t even report about Kylo crawling out of the pit and sharing a kiss with Rey until the last minute. Could it be because they were really reworking the film until then? Maybe the supposed reshoots were just them filming a bunch of different possibilities so the higher ups could decide what “worked” in the editing room?
@Cowgirlsamurai

Oh wow, he DID report it? I didn't know that. When exactly? Did he report that the ending had been changed to Rey alone at the same time?

It is certainly suggestive of something being left out until the last minute because *someone* (maybe just J.J.) was trying to decide something. Again, I don't know how I feel about that. Or was there an ulterior motive ever gleaned for the infamous source?
@nickandnora

I saw on this forum (the night of the premiere) that JP didn’t have that part of the leak until later because the leaker was very anti-Reylo and didn’t want it revealed. I think that part came later from someone else.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vinventure12 on Sat 21 Dec 2019, 11:28 pm

I’m about to see it again cause my husband loves the movie and thinks I’ll like it a second time. I feel like I’m walking to my death or something. Like I’m about to cry all over again. Ugh
vinventure12
vinventure12
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 21 Dec 2019, 11:33 pm

@LadyHa I laughed (especially at "My wife is a feminist film scholar, I got this!") and then wanted to cry because it's funny because it's true.

Honestly I think those fans trying to get JJ to answer that type of question are setting themselves up for disappointment. Especially after the time he got caught flat footed by the 7 year old who asked about Rey's parents & admitted that they weren't in TFA (LOL I guess they are now). People are definitely realized how spoiled they've been by Rian since he's part of the fan community and love those type of conversations and is generally 100% candid/honest. JJ's not going to say anything and even if he admitted that they were meant to be each other's love interest, it'd blow up all over media the way the 2016 quote did because somebody recorded it and posted it to Twitter. Otherwise he's not being honest because look at the outright details dropped in the movie which are ripped off from The Notebook (let's dump water on our conflicted lover when they're reunited after she breaks it off) and Titanic (it would be too painful for me to type that out that line). Also the basics of the "plot" and how Ben ends up is ripped off from JJ's friend Guillermo del Toro's Crimson Peak in how Sir Thomas Sharpe is the tragic villain who was corrupted by his family and ends up redeeming himself by falling in love with the heroine and sacrificing himself for her. Though at least he gets a ghost scene to say goodbye to her at the end.

In regards to was it intended to be romantic, the Story Group confirmed after TLJ came out that Lawrence Kasdan wrote the Interrogation Scene (no surprise there). Including the idea that the bond took hold when Ben first entered Rey's mind and then she pushed back into his mind and if you know Kasdan's movies, especially Body Heat, that was not a platonic interaction. Though in retrospect, that interview also is sad because they made the comparison of Ben and Rey and with Michael and Kay in The Godfather. Which that couple fell apart over his refusal to walk away from "the family business," suffered apart from each other because they were still in love, and then when they finally reunite and reconcile when confessing that they never stopped loving each other, tragedy ensues. Or maybe that was another comment that the producers and studio decided "hey that sounds neat, let's go with it."
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 12:54 am

One other thing I wish I could see in this film is that vision of Rey's vision of her and Kylo on the throne.
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 1:00 am

Question: Why does the Empire hate spice so much?

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 2:06 am

@FrolickingFizzgig

Rayne never used the word romantic
@Gemini

Exactly! Obikin
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 2:29 am

@Kylo Men One of Oscar Isaac's hilariously passive aggressive talking points during the press tour besides "I would've been better off dying like the original plan" is how many times he keeps mentioning how excited he is to be playing Duke Leto in Dune, so that might answer your question right there.

Another "oh wow" realization is how much Ava DuVernay lent her reputation to this production having been involved with TFA and recommending Victoria Mahoney. Which granted, she started in the industry doing PR and ran her own firm for years before making the leap behind the camera. She's somebody who has a reputation for quality and being a serious film buff who's the cohost of Turner Classic Movies' The Essentials series. From what's been described to me (eventually I'll see it), this movie sounds like Plan 9 From Outer Space in terms of quality but one of the factors which made me think it'd be fine was her involvement with it (and Mahoney worked with Patty Jenkins on I Am the Night, which was pretty good). So not sure what happened here, other than if she had any input on the movie it's not at the level of Snow Fight and it's feeling like she lent her reputation to it to support her friends. Also gotta say that recent Tweet exchange where the two of them shaded Marriage Story, kind of disappointing. It's one thing to snark on a movie for getting hyped when you think it's mediocre. But it's also pretty tacky to make it when it's your same lead actor and say what you will about Noah Baumbach's pretensions, at least he didn't waste the talents of the same lead actor you guys stuck in a reforged mask that he probably wore to avoid showing how embarrassed he was by some of the dumber aspects of the story.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 2:35 am

@rey09 wrote:
@special_cases wrote:@nickandnora The track that plays while Rey on Tatooine is called "A New Home". Romain said that it will settle the debate (because a lot of people don't know the title) but people who saw new Terrio interview are implying that "it will be reversed".
@special_cases

Well the fanboys always wanted her to create a new jedi order all by herself AND FINN. How cute.

Idk based on that leak sounds like lucasfilm did want RJ back. It seems RJ is tight the lucasfilm ppl, i remember tweets with pablo? There's various factions, perhaps KK was tied too because of Disney. Like if Iger likes what JJ made, then KK has no voice? Let's face it though, if they kick out KK, they will surely bring a fanboy who will complete the transition of SW to just mindless pew pew nonsense. RIP.

JJ thinks he's hot s***. RJ has humility.

RJ tweeted this. God he must be the angriest out of everyone over this debacle. I hope he's talked to Kelly.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 3 Screen33

Rose and Finn's relationship was great for several reasons:
They were both 'grunts'. In a word, humble soldiers. Not fancy pilots or Force sensitives.
Rose had an interesting story arc. She began the film as somewhat fanatical to 'the cause' but ended it saving Finn from killing himself because she realised life is more important.
And what the heck - this was SWs first real interracial love story.

Rosecwas WASTED. I would have loved to see a conversation between her and Rey. If anyone would have made Rey realise Kylo/Ben loved her, it was Rose, with her wonderfully simplistic nature and generous heart. I always thought if Ben had survived she would have been the first to welcome him back amongst the Resistance. She was essentially shelved in favour of Jannah. Why? Jannah could have been Finn's sister.

No wonder Rian's angry.
For all KK's gushing over political correctness LF gave in to a bunch of racists and removed a pretty, engaging and lovely character, played by an equally pretty, engaging and very lovely - and talented - actress because racists don't like the way Asian people look.
Disney have committed an act of racial prejudice and it's been overlooked. They disgust me.

By the way, I actually found Finn the least engaging in this film. He came across in some scenes as almost cold, which is a pity because I loved him in TLJ.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 2:39 am

I just saw TROS today. Everything else trash EXCEPT FOR MY REYLO BABIES omggggg the kiss we've been wanting for and Adam/Daisy did that scene soooo well

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 3 Giphy10

But yeah, I cannot believe JJ just used ROTJ template for TROS? its pretty much similar... can't he create something new? As much as I love Reylo climax scene, the rest of Reylo scenes were not as awesome as TLJ, their lines didnt show much bond as much as what they had in TLJ, i understand if haters would say Reylo kiss was so random, tbh I felt the same. Ugggh.... such a big disappointment, why cant they at least let Rian Johnson to write the script! Also, Rey didnt seem to be that affected by Ben's death?? So what was the kiss about? A force fling?

Nothing much makes sense, but I love my baby so much here, Adam did great, I love every Kylo/Ben scenes, esp the Bendemption climax scenes were really done well (despite there was not much buildup for that and for the kiss) and Im ready to return to this fandom just to discuss here everyday abt how awesome the ROMANTIC REYLO moment was!!

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 3 Giphy10

shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 2:43 am

[removed image. Sorry but leaked pictures are not allowed on the forum]
Just the way he look at her, makes me cry so much.

So did we get any Reylo romantic theme in the OST?
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 2:50 am

Adam acted better in five minutes there than I've seen some actors do in an entire film.
It's funny but Disney have this weird need to kill off some of their best characters. I didn't bother with Infinity War after discovering Loki dies in the first five minutes in the most ridiculous way imaginable. Probably because he was one of the most popular character in the Marvel movies. Interesting fact - they're making a spin off series with him.

I really wish they'd have killed off Poe instead of Ben, if someone had to buy the farm. Now THAT would have been an interesting twist.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 3:22 am

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Adam acted better in five minutes there than I've seen some actors do in an entire film.
It's funny but Disney have this weird need to kill off some of their best characters. I didn't bother with Infinity War after discovering Loki dies in the first five minutes in the most ridiculous way imaginable. Probably because he was one of the most popular character in the Marvel movies. Interesting fact - they're making a spin off series with him.

I really wish they'd have killed off Poe instead of Ben, if someone had to buy the farm. Now THAT would have been an interesting twist.
@motherofpearl1

Okay okay.. I have a conspiracy theory... and my own fantasy casting.. DLF killed of Kylo because they want AD to play Henry Mutt Williams, the son of Indiana Jones

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 3 Giphy
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 3:29 am

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 3 AI0z5Ip

Razz  Razz  Razz  Jannah   Skywalker Calrissian confirmed

Full page
https://i.imgur.com/Kt7ZL2R.jpg
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 3:53 am

@OrionStars wrote:Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 3 AI0z5Ip

Full page
@OrionStars

Nice, this confirms that a lot of this movie was left out on the cutting room floor. But also, why? What possible purpose did Jannah Calrissian serve?
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 3:56 am

@Moonjump05 wrote:
@OrionStars wrote:Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 3 AI0z5Ip

Full page
@OrionStars

Nice, this confirms that a lot of this movie was left out on the cutting room floor. But also, why? What possible purpose did Jannah Calrissian serve?
@Moonjump05

Future projects?
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 3:59 am

I've just seen some very interesting theories on twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/xoxoreyloxoxo/status/1208521320524374017
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 4:03 am

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I've just seen some very interesting theories on twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/xoxoreyloxoxo/status/1208521320524374017
@motherofpearl1

This person makes some very good points.  I guess there is an alternate ending or at least a final scene where Ben is alive in the final shot somewhere out there.  This makes me really sad.  Why did they decide to kill him off?  I just don't understand it. Sad
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 4:23 am

Re: kiss and the reactions to the kiss, I’m getting the impression that TRoS basically acts like all the build-up to the kiss happened in the previous movie. Which works fine if you’ve interpreted Rey and Kylo’s interactions in TLJ as romantic, but if you didn’t and you’re also not swept up by the moment, it’s understandable if you go, “what the hell where did it come from” (more so if you’re male audience I suspect). Especially when it’s Rey who initiates it and her feelings towards Ben have been more ambiguous. Even Rey’s “I would have taken Ben’s hand” confession is still not phrased as explicitly romantic.

(BTW I’d bet my kidney that some of the dudebros would have zero problem with the “unearned” kiss if Ben Solo swept up Rey in a typical alpha male kiss instead.)
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 4:39 am

@rey09 wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:Has everyone seen this?  What is he trying to say?????

https://twitter.com/animepoe/status/1208447831205466112
@Kyla Ren

apparently he was saying that about TFA, and how he leaves it open ended about romantic vs related. Even then he had no idea. The dude sucks big time. Just threw stuff out there and had no idea what he was doing. Garbage.

This is like GOT all over again when D&D said all this s*** about they didn't know anything really. F*** of al em
"There's as much a brother sister thing between Kylo and Rey as there is a romantic ??? [...] it's like if you first listen to John Williams when he first wrote for Luke, the theme, like...like it was a romantic theme for Luke and Leia, like that was kind of what I was thinking."
My god, this really sounds like he was trying to rehash the whole Luke/Leia relationship with the incestuous element from ESB. Maybe JJ had Rey and Ben kiss and then let them find out they are related, but LF stepped in last minute and they squeezed in the Rey Palpatine reveal to remove the incest aspect, and this is why we still have the weird Rey Skywalker end No
Anyway, JJ trying to rehash the most random things shows he is completely unoriginal and doesn't understand what made the OT work.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 4:46 am

@thescavenger wrote:One other thing I wish I could see in this film is that vision of Rey's vision of her and Kylo on the throne.
@thescavenger

Yes, like it would be great to see it rather than be told. When she said that, I was thinking, when and where was that vision? It felt like there was too much telling and not enough showing at times.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum