Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by shii405 on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 4:53 am

When do I get HD of this whole sequence? *cries*
Edit: Bootleg material is not allowed
Btw... "no one understand me" "i do" lines... i didnt hear that in the movie? Did i miss it?

Last edited by Darth Dementor on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No Bootleg Images Allowed)
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by shii405 on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 4:54 am

@Gemini wrote:
@thescavenger wrote:One other thing I wish I could see in this film is that vision of Rey's vision of her and Kylo on the throne.
@thescavenger

Yes, like it would be great to see it rather than be told. When she said that, I was thinking, when and where was that vision? It felt like there was too much telling and not enough showing at times.
@Gemini

"Renperor and Reympress" was one of the ending theories we have discussed before 2 yrs ago, wish, at least, they showed the vision, ugh
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 5:07 am

@Kyla Ren wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:I've just seen some very interesting theories on twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/xoxoreyloxoxo/status/1208521320524374017
@motherofpearl1

This person makes some very good points.  I guess there is an alternate ending or at least a final scene where Ben is alive in the final shot somewhere out there.  This makes me really sad.  Why did they decide to kill him off?  I just don't understand it. Sad
@Kyla Ren

You mean as in the song Adam said Kylo would sing? ... "leaving on a jet plane..." - they bury the lightsabers on Tatooine and then they go in the Falcon, sit in the cockpit and fly away into the future?

punch it, sweetheart

Sad Sad Sad
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 5:24 am

@shii405 wrote:

Btw... "no one understand me" "i do" lines... i didnt hear that in the movie? Did i miss it?
@shii405

Nope it was made up for the trailer. She said that to Finn Rolling Eyes

Last edited by cherrylipstick on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 11:54 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : No Bootleg Images Allowed)
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 5:54 am

@cherrylipstick wrote:
@shii405

Nope it was made up for the trailer. She said that to Finn Rolling Eyes

Wow a scam Rolling Eyes Ugh, I cant believe I would rank TROS even lower than Revenge of the Sith, but at least i still like it better than TPM and AOTC.
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 6:15 am

I know this isn't in keeping with this site but look at these headlines:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/
This is why everyone from middle aged depressants like me to young kids desperately need escapism - and most importantly happy endings -in make believe. Especially at Christmas.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 6:45 am

@kyla Ren
@Forsythia
Am not surprised by this because the whole thing of them sharing one soul - the dyad - could be interpreted as both - as familial and romantic . Also have been discussing the whole Palpatine possibly being the one who created Anakin ( don’t know if this is canon or not ) which would make Palpatine the great grandfather of Ben and Rey’s grandfather making them
Cousins once removed and kissing cousins . To be honest I don’t care . If they are the divine force and represent this then technically they are going to be related but attracted to each other because they are two sides of a whole . It’s complicated but these are mythic beings we are talking so can’t really judge them in the same way . Also if we all descended from one source a long time ago then technically everyone is brother and sister eons removed .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 6:53 am

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I know this isn't in keeping with this site but look at these headlines:
This is why everyone from middle aged depressants like me to young kids desperately need escapism - and most importantly  happy endings -in make believe. Especially at Christmas.
@motherofpearl1
I am with you on this. I hate tear jerking movies and movies with sad endings. I have never seen Titanic and I never will. Sorry. Life is hard enough.

I know we all wanted TROS to be that happy ending Christmas movie... It won't be

so here is my recommendation for palette cleanser

While You Were Sleeping

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 4 2Q==
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 7:03 am

@thescavenger wrote:One other thing I wish I could see in this film is that vision of Rey's vision of her and Kylo on the throne.
@thescavenger

I'm Hoping there's a deleted scene of it, that was cut from the final version. I have a feeling theres a myriad of them that wasn't use so the movie could be trimmed down. LCF should have split ROS into two films so all the vital moments could have been used.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 7:07 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:I know this isn't in keeping with this site but look at these headlines:
This is why everyone from middle aged depressants like me to young kids desperately need escapism - and most importantly  happy endings -in make believe. Especially at Christmas.
@motherofpearl1
I am with you on this. I hate tear jerking movies and movies with sad endings. I have never seen Titanic and I never will. Sorry. Life is hard enough.

I know we all wanted TROS to be that happy ending Christmas movie... It won't be

While You Were Sleeping

@spacebaby45678

Instead, it is the story of the virgin Mary?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 7:11 am

I’m nervous about the novel now. Especially after JJ made that comment about them also being like brother and sister. Who KNOWS what Rae Carson’s been told to write? I swear, if she turns the kiss in to a, “Thank you,” gesture and then also drops Rey’s feelings about his death in the follow up... No
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 7:11 am

And even she had Joseph.
Yes, it should have been split into two.
The first could have focused on Kylo and Rey continuing to connect, Hux finding evidence that Kylo killed Snoke, and the others struggling to find allies. They could have ended it with Kylo going to Rey after Leia's death, while Finn and Rose set out on a journey that ends with them finding Jannah and Poe assumes the title of General.
Then in the second we have two battles - Kylo and Rey facing some kind of supernatural threat together while Finn, Rose and Jannah rush to join the Resistance with their allies to help Poe and the Resistance take on Hux's fleet.
Wasted opportunity.

One other thing..... there's been such condemnation of Adam and Kylo's story arc, I don't think they'll have the nerve to introduce a Force pregnancy now!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 7:12 am

Have you seen this vid https://twitter.com/mortisgods/status/1208408830322843648?s=21

JJ says if you watch Episode 1-9, its inevitable that the House of Palpatine and the House of Skywalker will come together to maintain balance, but why did he kill one of them then?

The only good thing about that comment is that it’s thematically inevitable that reylo would happen if you watch episode 1-9

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 7:22 am

@MaddieDove wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:I've just seen some very interesting theories on twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/xoxoreyloxoxo/status/1208521320524374017
@motherofpearl1

This person makes some very good points.  I guess there is an alternate ending or at least a final scene where Ben is alive in the final shot somewhere out there.  This makes me really sad.  Why did they decide to kill him off?  I just don't understand it. Sad
@Kyla Ren

You mean as in the song Adam said Kylo would sing? ... "leaving on a jet plane..." - they bury the lightsabers on Tatooine and then they go in the Falcon, sit in the cockpit and fly away into the future?

punch it, sweetheart

Sad Sad Sad
@MaddieDove

is this the song?
All my bags are packed
I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin'
It's early morn
The taxi's waitin'
He's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome
I could die
So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
'Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go
There's so many times I've let you down
So many times I've played around
I tell you now, they don't mean a thing
Every place I go, I'll think of you
Every song I sing, I'll sing for you
When I come back, I'll bring your wedding ring
So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
'Cause I'm leavin' on a jet…

@Kyla Ren wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@Kyla Ren

his death was a forcing, not a thoughtful choice. Some of my friends work in the editing sector and they saw that in this episode there was a massive editing and a lot of cutting.
Before the kiss there was a cut, there had to be something else but they decided to cut it. I speak of a few seconds, but still important.
Even on Tatooine, there is something wrong.
Now leaving my desire to see Ben alive, he didn't have to die in that ending. It was added to the last one.

Last edited by Teo oswald on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 7:23 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/ar1aster/status/1208315052773658625

Chris Terrio saying Rey finding out she is a Palpatine is a more interesting story than Rey coming from nothing Rolling Eyes
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 7:25 am

@MaddieDove wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@Kyla Ren

punch it, sweetheart

Sad Sad Sad
@MaddieDove

OMG, please stop (I don't actually mean that against you, just in general). I can cope with anything in this film in the long run except non-closure, and the idea that there is another polar opposite ending out there that for some reason they didn't choose is my definition of a nightmare. Half of me just wants to forget it, and the other half of me wants someone to start a campaign to hunt that ending down and force whoever is responsible to explain and then apologize to angry fans. Which is insane.

Ugh. No closure. My kryptonite.

Eta: I'm starting to also get paranoid that they haven't been asked/talked about Ben's death yet. I originally thought they would do it right away.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 7:35 am

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:I’m nervous about the novel now. Especially after JJ made that comment about them also being like brother and sister. Who KNOWS what Rae Carson’s been told to write? I swear, if she turns the kiss in to a, “Thank you,” gesture and then also drops Rey’s feelings about his death in the follow up... No
@Cowgirlsamurai

in this case actions count more than words, JJ can say whatever he wants, he can say that rey has a third eye but he cannot cancel the fact that the two love each other on the screen, that kiss is a kiss of L-O-V-E LOVE DAMN IT !!!! , nothing to do with the kiss between Luke and Leia. They didn't know they were brothers.
Reylo is Canon stop. They are a stop couple.
they love each other stop.
do not worry. I had put a picture about Ben Solo's relationships, you'll see that Rey is love mate, dyad.
Do not worry Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 7:36 am

@OrionStars wrote:Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 4 AI0z5Ip

Razz  Razz  Razz  Jannah   Skywalker Calrissian confirmed

Full page
https://i.imgur.com/Kt7ZL2R.jpg

So I heard from a review vid that there was possibly one scene where Lando actually explains why he's on pasana, and states that his daughter was taken by the FO. He's on pasana in case his daughter ever comes back.
Seriously what a waste of a great connection there. Instead they have that weird random moment in the end. Just wait for the comic for their story.

@motherofpearl1
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 4 Screen34

I will forever be bitter about THIS. f***** waste of this dyad concept. UGH. Maybe they can still retcon with this to bring him back this is my only hope. Maybe 10 years down the line when Rey is like 30 and she's created her damn jedi order and she wants to have babies lolll. Honestly this a retcon that would be SO worth it. People really want to see Ben back and they could actually force them explore jeid mythology. Perhaps learn about other dyads?

@Saracene
I was watching a 2hr review video of dudebros and they were def not into the romance, the main guy was a hardcore finnrey and despised reylo (esp the kiss they thought it came out of nowhere, but did admit the movie was low key horny lol), however he did acknowledge kylo had a big crush on her (he loves kylo too) and he actually thought that the bold choice would have been to keep him alive. He's like they already kissed, might as well have them together.

God JJ and Terrio missed this one so big. I got kind of worried when I saw terrio's interview where he talked about redemption...but also sacrifice.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 7:47 am

@Gemini wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@motherofpearl1

While You Were Sleeping

@spacebaby45678

Instead, it is the story of the virgin Mary?
@Gemini

You know, I wanted a happy ending for Rey's search for Identity, and I wanted a happy ending for Ben Solo, and I wanted a Happy ending for the Saga..

I got nothing....

Oh well it's just a movie..

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 8:16 am

@rey09  Yeah, JJ, KK and LFL had made a bunch of [edit] choices. They thought if they left everything vague, people would be curious to buy comics and novels, hahaha. Not to mention they even dare to release teenage Kylo's tragic backstory even though Kylo was used like Rey's phone battery then he was brutally tossed aside in TROS, lol.  WTF are KK and LFL thinking? Do they really think the audience is just a herd of stupid cows?
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 8:17 am

@Riri wrote:Have you seen this vid https://twitter.com/mortisgods/status/1208408830322843648?s=21

JJ says if you watch Episode 1-9, its inevitable that the House of Palpatine and the House of Skywalker will come together to maintain balance, but why did he kill one of them then?

The only good thing about that comment is that it’s thematically inevitable that reylo would happen if you watch episode 1-9
@Riri

I can truly say as a person who has watched the whole saga over and over it is not inevitable.. Palpy is not even in Episode 4, makes a cameo in 5 and is barely in 6

This is the stolen Kenobi Skywalker houses balance the force theme that JJ is trying to jam his decision into.. lol.. it is hilarious.. JJ is clowning now, pitching like a salesman, lying like a politician

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 4 Giphy
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 8:40 am

@rey09 wrote:

@motherofpearl1
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 4 Screen34

I will forever be bitter about THIS. f***** waste of this dyad concept. UGH. Maybe they can still retcon with this to bring him back this is my only hope. Maybe 10 years down the line when Rey is like 30 and she's created her damn jedi order and she wants to have babies lolll. Honestly this a retcon that would be SO worth it. People really want to see Ben back and they could actually force them explore jeid mythology. Perhaps learn about other dyads?

@rey09

Yes, that I don’t understand neither. How can one go on if the other half of the dyad is gone. It doesn’t compute. I guess the only explanation is that he gave her his half, but it doesn’t come across at all. Where is Maz when you need some stupid explanatory scene? So is she now Super Force Woman having the power of a dyad all in herself? I actually was always considering that if LF goes for a strong bond, they might die together. Yes, I know, also a bit depressing, but somehow I would have preferred that option.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 8:46 am

@nickandnora wrote:
@MaddieDove wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@Kyla Ren

punch it, sweetheart

Sad Sad Sad
@MaddieDove

OMG, please stop (I don't actually mean that against you, just in general). I can cope with anything in this film in the long run except non-closure, and the idea that there is another polar opposite ending out there that for some reason they didn't choose is my definition of a nightmare. Half of me just wants to forget it, and the other half of me wants someone to start a campaign to hunt that ending down and force whoever is responsible to explain and then apologize to angry fans. Which is insane.

Ugh. No closure. My kryptonite.

Eta: I'm starting to also get paranoid that they haven't been asked/talked about Ben's death yet. I originally thought they would do it right away.
@nickandnora

Sorry! I'm as upset and hurt as you are today! I guess it's a next stage of grief, anger after denial...
I'm sending you a virtual hug!
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Socialnole on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 8:50 am

@Forsythia wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/ar1aster/status/1208315052773658625

Chris Terrio saying Rey finding out she is a Palpatine is a more interesting story than Rey coming from nothing Rolling Eyes
@Forsythia

No Chris it just really shows how you’re not creative. Thanks for Martha and now this Mad
Socialnole
Socialnole
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 8:50 am

@Teo oswald wrote:
@MaddieDove wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@Kyla Ren

punch it, sweetheart

Sad Sad Sad
@MaddieDove

is this the song?
All my bags are packed...
@Teo oswald
yes. someone already posted the link, but here it is again: https://twitter.com/benhansolo/status/1207355918469533697
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum