Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TROS Box Office Thread

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 9 Jan - 14:37

If only they cared more about the GA (primarily female audience members) and Reylos, versus TLJ haters (and JJ and CT weird twincest adopting Rey fanfic). Good news, this will definitely teach TPTB a lesson. Bad news, too late for Ben, Rey's agency and a romantic HEA unless a director and script impress Adam Driver enough to return.

‘Star Wars’ Box Office: ‘Rise Of Skywalker’ Won’t Top ‘Rogue One’ by Scott Mendelson

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2020/01/09/star-wars-box-office-rise-of-skywalker-wont-top-rogue-one/#1c82f2367355

"The only reason Rise of Skywalker didn’t totally collapse is because of those first several days of holiday-inflated weekdays. Relatively speaking, the folks who wanted to see it did so in the first week and, sans any buzzy “gotta see it again” moments, opted not to go back. Whether or not it can pass the $1.056 billion global cume of Rogue One is an open question."

SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1780
Likes : 5359
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by OrionStars on Thu 9 Jan - 16:41

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:If only they cared more about the GA (primarily female audience members) and Reylos, versus TLJ haters (and JJ and CT weird twincest adopting Rey fanfic). Good news, this will definitely teach TPTB a lesson. Bad news, too late for Ben, Rey's agency and a romantic HEA unless a director and script impress Adam Driver enough to return.  

‘Star Wars’ Box Office: ‘Rise Of Skywalker’ Won’t Top ‘Rogue One’ by Scott Mendelson

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2020/01/09/star-wars-box-office-rise-of-skywalker-wont-top-rogue-one/#1c82f2367355

"The only reason Rise of Skywalker didn’t totally collapse is because of those first several days of holiday-inflated weekdays. Relatively speaking, the folks who wanted to see it did so in the first week and, sans any buzzy “gotta see it again” moments, opted not to go back. Whether or not it can pass the $1.056 billion global cume of Rogue One is an open question."

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Yeah, it's hard for TROS to top RO1. 1917 is bullying TROS while Jumanji is still performing like a titan and it's gonna catch up with TROS soon
TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 V9WoaxH

TROS just premiered in Korea on Jan 8 but the reaction is... the same like other markets, not to mention TROS has to compete with Robert Downey Jr's Dolittle
TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 TD61v38
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 622
Likes : 3383
Date d'inscription : 2018-11-09

Back to top Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 9 Jan - 17:08

I've just been watching the old trailer for Beauty and the Beast.
Remember way back when we all thought it was the inspiration for Reylo?

Damn you, whoever turned it into such a sick, twisted parody.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4251
Likes : 17936
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by OrionStars on Fri 10 Jan - 1:47

OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 622
Likes : 3383
Date d'inscription : 2018-11-09

Back to top Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 10 Jan - 2:00

Is that for real?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4251
Likes : 17936
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by OrionStars on Fri 10 Jan - 5:28

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 NeQ9vJl
So this is the end, folks. Dolittle has dominated Korea, Robert Downey, Jr. has the high ground, TROS has lost the last hope Sad

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Is that for real?
@motherofpearl1

No, but people choose to believe it, that pic is spreading on the internet
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 622
Likes : 3383
Date d'inscription : 2018-11-09

Back to top Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 10 Jan - 8:17

Maybe now they'll realise that finishing a trilogy means carrying on where the second film left off, not completely undoing it.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4251
Likes : 17936
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 12 Jan - 10:21

Box Office: ‘Star Wars: Rise Of Skywalker’ Is The First $1 Billion Disappointment

"DC Films went from Justice League to Joker in two years. The 007 series followed up Quantum of Solace with Skyfall. As long as the interest is there, Lucasfilm can survive this most disappointing Star Wars story."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2020/01/12/box-office-star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-is-the-first-1-billion-disappointment/#122b975d1308

Time will tell if TRoS caused female GA audience members to wonder if SW is for them or not (I know Reylos feel unwelcome, yet the key is the GA).
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1780
Likes : 5359
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 12 Jan - 11:57

I remember when TLJ was released all the critics praised the Reylo dynamic as being the heart of the story. This was because Rian Johnson saw the potential in TFA and decided to milk it for all it's worth. But he also gave Finn plenty of screen time and Poe his best ever character arc, his transition from cocky pilot to general in waiting.

Instead Abrams and Terrio sacrificed the Reylo dynamic to a dull A New Hope rip off trio of adventurers, reduced Finn to a sidekick, made Poe a Han Solo clone and gave him far too much screen time and completely and utterly destroyed Rey.

The sad fact is, she isn't really interesting enough to carry an entire film. This is not due to any shortcomings on Daisy's part, but simply due to the character. By retconning her history, she became a less interesting version of Leia.
I quietly left the cinema after Ben died, because I didn't give a toss about the rest of the characters. I think the success of Rogue One we t to Kennedy'ss head, she thinks the way forward is to remove the Skywalkers.

Yet...Rogue One featured both Leia and Anakin, aka Darth Vader, even if they were only cameos. The Skywalker'/Solo's will ALWAYS be the heart and soul of Star Wars. Giving their name to someone else just isn't good enough.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4251
Likes : 17936
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 12 Jan - 15:13

In comparison with Day# and Gross to Date, TRoS is now ~$100 million behind TLJ in the US/Canada

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdown/sd2117858820/?view=byDayNum&metric=grossToDate
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1780
Likes : 5359
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by Lily Snape on Mon 13 Jan - 1:10

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Box Office: ‘Star Wars: Rise Of Skywalker’ Is The First $1 Billion Disappointment

"DC Films went from Justice League to Joker in two years. The 007 series followed up Quantum of Solace with Skyfall. As long as the interest is there, Lucasfilm can survive this most disappointing Star Wars story."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2020/01/12/box-office-star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-is-the-first-1-billion-disappointment/#122b975d1308

Time will tell if TRoS caused female GA audience members to wonder if SW is for them or not (I know Reylos feel unwelcome, yet the key is the GA).
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I thought he nailed it here: “Am I shocked at how bad the J.J. Abrams-directed/Chris Terrio-directed Skywalker Saga finale turned out to be? Yes, I think at worst most of us were expecting a Batman Forever-type “course correction” but instead we skipped straight to Batman & Robin. Am I harder on the film’s performance both because there are more Star Wars movies in the pipeline and because Disney, Lucasfilm and Hollywood in general damn well needs to see that you don’t make a $250-$300 million franchise installment by (seemingly) listening to proverbial online trolls? God, yes.”
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 749
Likes : 3981
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-31

Back to top Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 13 Jan - 7:10

@Lily Snape wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Box Office: ‘Star Wars: Rise Of Skywalker’ Is The First $1 Billion Disappointment

"DC Films went from Justice League to Joker in two years. The 007 series followed up Quantum of Solace with Skyfall. As long as the interest is there, Lucasfilm can survive this most disappointing Star Wars story."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2020/01/12/box-office-star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-is-the-first-1-billion-disappointment/#122b975d1308

Time will tell if TRoS caused female GA audience members to wonder if SW is for them or not (I know Reylos feel unwelcome, yet the key is the GA).
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I thought he nailed it here: “Am I shocked at how bad the J.J. Abrams-directed/Chris Terrio-directed Skywalker Saga finale turned out to be? Yes, I think at worst most of us were expecting a Batman Forever-type “course correction” but instead we skipped straight to Batman & Robin. Am I harder on the film’s performance both because there are more Star Wars movies in the pipeline and because Disney, Lucasfilm and Hollywood in general damn well needs to see that you don’t make a $250-$300 million franchise installment by (seemingly) listening to proverbial online trolls? God, yes.”
@Lily Snape

I love that part too!

For all studios - don't listen to trolls. If you will consider the voices of fans, then select focus groups (a controlled environment), yet from the internet??? Yikes!
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1780
Likes : 5359
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by Piper Maru on Mon 13 Jan - 7:15

Scott Mendelson really hated the movie Laughing. I love his salt.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1610
Likes : 13369
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-15
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by Atenais on Mon 13 Jan - 9:17

@Piper Maru wrote:Scott Mendelson really hated the movie Laughing. I love his salt.
@Piper Maru

I know! XD
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1112
Likes : 5323
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : Brazil

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 16 Jan - 1:37

Apparently it's just reached the one billion dollars score.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4251
Likes : 17936
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by KiraRen2015 on Fri 17 Jan - 14:29

KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 152
Likes : 526
Date d'inscription : 2018-06-16

Back to top Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by nickandnora on Fri 17 Jan - 14:32

@KiraRen2015

There's a four week contract of some sort. It's likely theaters that are pulling out, not Disney.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 866
Likes : 5098
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by KiraRen2015 on Fri 17 Jan - 14:34

@nickandnora wrote:
@KiraRen2015

There's a four week contract of some sort. It's likely theaters that are pulling out, not Disney.
@nickandnora

Interesting! Maybe theatres just aren't gaining as much money from it and are now turning to other more critical successes like 1917 and little women.
KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 152
Likes : 526
Date d'inscription : 2018-06-16

Back to top Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by Piper Maru on Fri 17 Jan - 14:39

They removed it from Brazil a week ago. Meanwhile, Frozen 2 is still on Laughing


Last edited by Piper Maru on Fri 17 Jan - 21:19; edited 2 times in total
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1610
Likes : 13369
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-15
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 17 Jan - 14:40

I remember TLJ still showing as far as March.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4251
Likes : 17936
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 17 Jan - 21:38

@Piper Maru wrote:They removed it from Brazil a week ago. Meanwhile, Frozen 2 is still on Laughing
@Piper Maru

Frozen 2 is expanding somewhat/a kinda re-release this weekend with the Sing-A-Long. So, it may be a combination of Disney dropping TRoS for Frozen 2 AND the theatres now firing TRoS, so to speak (for underperformance).

Either way, it's hilarious! lol
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1780
Likes : 5359
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 18 Jan - 8:41

You know, I initially had a kind of sadistic glee on hearing TROS was underperforming.
But....now I just feel sad that the Skywalker saga has ended like this.
They can bray about a 'fresh start' all they like, but it will never be the same.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4251
Likes : 17936
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by DeeBee on Sat 18 Jan - 19:44

I've been enjoying the updates from those of us who understand this stuff. thanks!

Just wondering - when is the next Disney shareholder meeting?

I'm wondering how the sales of TROS merchandise has been going- any news?
I know I've spent waaaaay less on TROS than previous films.. just wondering if this is translating into reduced book sales, toy sales, etc.
Anyone?
I'm guessing there will be a wave of new products that try to bring together the whole saga - that's going to be laughable (in a painful way!). What's the overall story? In 6 words: Jedi good. Sith bad. Force? Dunno.
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1461
Likes : 4474
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by Starliteprism on Sat 18 Jan - 20:27

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I remember TLJ still showing as far as March.
@motherofpearl1

I last watched it in theatre on 8 February 2018 and believe it was the last day it was being shown at my local(UK/London)
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 694
Likes : 2159
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-17
Localisation : United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 19 Jan - 1:07

Wow that's not good.
I'm British as well, and if it's being pulled in the capital the signs aren't promising.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4251
Likes : 17936
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum