Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Forsythia on Tue 14 Jan 2020, 4:42 pm

I was also surprised that so many people seem to like it or why almost no one is questioning that it's legit. Even some news page treated the leaked script like facts. Does the leaker have prove that he got the real draft or are people just willing to believe every leak because the film leaks turned out to be correct?
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Tue 14 Jan 2020, 4:46 pm

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I get you, but the reason things have gone down this path is that she herself said she wanted to focus on the trio, plus JB saying those awful things on Instagram and cast members saying way back how glad they were to be working together again, and the fact is, TROS is so horribly edited it's pretty obvious that what ended up on screen isn't what was originally intended, and everyone is puzzled as to 'why'.

I remember when they tried to launch a campaign to remake TLJ, I'd like them to release a separate version to the theatrical version on blu ray. Unlike TLJ I am absolutely sure there's an 'original' version out there somewhere.

@motherofpearl1

I echo you (in regards to @californiagirl 's concerns)

With this, I don't think we'll ever find out the truth. It seems only Reylos are concerned and suspicious. I don't think the truth will ever be known unless somebody slips in an interview, and we find out that way.

Anyway, regardless of who is in charge, or group of people, I think it's important to remember that KK may NOT be completely innocent. I don't think she's anti in her thinking, yet she may think that all that happened is feminist from her perspective, and because of her life (foundation and journey), she may not understand/get the power of Rey Nobody. This is venting, and her background helps to understand that; however, will I use it to call/demand for her removal at LF? No.

If the Colin T story that leaked is true, I don't quite see why he was fired (maybe someone here can figure that out - it doesn't seem worse than what we got), unless LF / KK wanted elements of Bendemption and Reylo, and it does seem Colin refused to do that.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 14 Jan 2020, 4:47 pm

Honestly when I first heard Rey Palpatine floated in all seriousness, my first thought was the season finale of What We Do in the Shadows where the vampires have their DNA/family trees done and then proceed to visit/scare the Hell out of their living decedents. Which was hysterically funny and also directed by Taika Waitiki, so perhaps LF should've hired him to work on TRoS instead since he's capable of pulling off such a story.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Tue 14 Jan 2020, 6:33 pm

@californiagirl wrote:I don't give a darn about KK's background. Acting like this gives us some kind of moral or intellectual superiority about whether or not this is reflected in a film she neither wrote nor directed is just weird and a bit pathetic. It's like the target of our ire shifts depending on whatever piece of random information or tenuous/questionable interpretation or connection happens to crop up. No guys, I'm not overly impressed by this line of thinking, it's frankly embarrassing. This is what we came all this way for? At the end of the day, this is what we are? If so, we're no better than the very same toxic fans many people here ran from.
@californiagirl

Why do you assume that we are as bad as fandom menace? We were not talking about  KK's background for the sake of KK, we were talking about the fact that from the perspective of the president of Lucasfilm, princess Palpatina wasn't nonsense because KK was a princess and a descendant of a famous man, then she inherited the legacy of another man too. Rey Palpatine wasn't a sudden choice like what you were trying to imply in the post of you that i quoted in the previous post, even Jett Lucas heard about Rey "Anatasia" Palpatina in 2016

@Piper Maru wrote:My advice is just to ignore it all. Nothing anyone says right now matters anymore. The trilogy is over. They were always going to throw the fans under the bus because we're scapegoats and they need to change the subject so people can forget their awful product. And 90% of sites these days don't care about facts, it's all pure clickbait.
@Piper Maru

Logically, normal actors don't have that kind of influence but don't forget that the trio had their friend JJ by their side (the power of nepotism) and KK's approvance (the future stories of SW are about the faux trio). All of them came together for an agreement that they thought would make a benefit for their future career and fulfill their needs
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 14 RcN5ELu
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 14 ZKvN8Zy
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 14 Bz6mWVt

The trio only snapped and lost their sith when they saw the final cut of TROS. It was a failed cooperative mandate, but none of them expected the film would collapse that hard and become a monstrosity thanks to their greed because they naively thought the director who made a $2 billion SW film could make it work again and everything would be fine, just like some fractions of the SW fandom thought JJ could save them.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Tue 14 Jan 2020, 6:51 pm

I see what you're saying, but I personally think these particular actors have no power whatsoever; they're C-list and are in Disney's pockets. They were picked as nobodies because the intent from the beginning was to turn them into their characters, so they couldn't be anyone else in the collective mind. They were always going to survive the trilogy and DLF was always going to milk them for future stories. In that sense, they don't hold much authority, doesn't matter if they're annoying or best buds with the director. And Isaac was a different case, because he had a career and relative prestige, and I'm sure Poe's expanded role involved other factors.

Now, I do agree that the first screening was a rude awakening for the cast. The entire tone changed after they watched it lol.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Tue 14 Jan 2020, 7:33 pm

This Trevorrow script thing is gaining more traction for those that are interested. AVClub has apparently independently confirmed it to be accurate (whatever the heck that means).

I mean, I know it doesn't matter at this point, but I feel weirdly better knowing that we could have gotten irredeemable Kylo who killed Rey's parents, and Rey/Poe (who apparently have "sexual tension" *GAG*) with no romantic Reylo to speak of, and an even more weird, hopeless ending, ie. "Well, I guess sometimes people are just evil and need to be put down like mad dogs in spite of absolutely everyone's best efforts." Which, I guess sometimes that's a fine story to tell, but the problem is that Ben Solo is not the person to use to tell said story.

I'm realizing that literally no one was going to write a fitting conclusion to this story (except possibly Rian and he was never on the docket to).

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 on Tue 14 Jan 2020, 8:05 pm

Honestly that whole thing seems like another fan boy fanfic but I guess it wouldn't be so surprising if it was CT's plan. Cause I wouldn't put it past him to do Rey/Poe, it's exactly the type of romance I'd expect from his handling of the romance in the Jurassic world movies lol. And he did want Rian to specifically include Poe and Rey meeting. And his interviews sounded obsessed with Luke which this outline has plenty of and in a huge role.

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Tue 14 Jan 2020, 8:08 pm

@Piper Maru wrote:I see what you're saying, but I personally think these particular actors have no power whatsoever; they're C-list and are in Disney's pockets. They were picked as nobodies because the intent from the beginning was to turn them into their characters, so they couldn't be anyone else in the collective mind. They were always going to survive the trilogy and DLF was always going to milk them for future stories. In that sense, they don't hold much authority, doesn't matter if they're annoying or best buds with the director. And Isaac was a different case, because he had a career and relative prestige, and I'm sure Poe's expanded role involved other factors.

Now, I do agree that the first screening was a rude awakening for the cast. The entire tone changed after they watched it lol.
@Piper Maru

I think it's not the trio's power, it's their ...luck. The trio thought they were so lucky because JJ was back. Obviously, JJ was never the kind of possessive, strict control freak who didn't give actors the freedom to make input in the direction of where the character would go, he willingly listened to them and JJ was easily influenced by other people's opinions. And the trio thought they could conveniently gain favor by the simple fact that JJ was in charge but they made a huge mistake by thinking JJ could be able to execute everything well
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Tue 14 Jan 2020, 8:10 pm

About the supposed CT treatment:

To me, the "it could have been worse" thing doesn't really matter. All that matters is the product they delivered and well, it sucked on very fundamental levels, mostly internal logic and narrative cohesion. They had resources, great backup in the business, an excellent team to help them with everything they needed, the "best actor of the generation" (quoting Scorsese), a very charismatic actress in the leading role, interesting possibilities left by the previous film, a 40+ old canon, and yet... Laughing

Last edited by Piper Maru on Tue 14 Jan 2020, 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Tue 14 Jan 2020, 8:14 pm

@Piper Maru wrote:About the supposed CT treatment:

To me, the "it could have been worse" thing doesn't really matter. All that matters is the product they delivered and well, it sucked on very fundamental levels, mostly internal logic and narrative cohesion. They had resources, great backup in the business, an excellent team to help them with everything they needed, the "best actor of the generation" (quoting Scorsese), a very charismatic actress in the leading role, interesting possibilities left by the previous film, a 40+ old canon and yet... Laughing
@Piper Maru

I agree with you 100%, I'm just saying it helps in the sense that we don't have to be torn up that they discarded an infinitely better version of the film that would have pleased "us" more for... what we got. I mean, that would be the one thing that would actually eat away at me at night.

But no, it's just as I suspected before anyway: Colin's version sucked just as bad if not worse. I need not be tormented on this front.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Tue 14 Jan 2020, 8:16 pm

The leak sounded good...until the kylo killing her parents. whatttt. Also LOL what would JB think of being ditched for reypoe nonsense? What about the trio?? Omg you want to isolate the couple to have them fall in love?? Wow.

*sigh* it's all so nihilistic. Anyone can basically make up whatever story they want. At this point my own headcanon can be just as legit.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Tue 14 Jan 2020, 8:19 pm

@nickandnora

I agree, It's really comforting to know that there's not a good version of this story that didn't make it.

And you'd think they'd put all their efforts to close the trilogy (and the saga, as they kept repeating during the press tour) with a top-tier product. But no, it was always bad and nonsensical Laughing
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Tue 14 Jan 2020, 8:44 pm

@rey09 wrote:The leak sounded good...until the kylo killing her parents. whatttt. Also LOL what would JB think of being ditched for reypoe nonsense? What about the trio?? Omg you want to isolate the couple to have them fall in love?? Wow.

*sigh* it's all so nihilistic. Anyone can basically make up whatever story they want. At this point my own headcanon can be just as legit.
@rey09

I'm tempted to see how would JB react if OI/Poe "stole" his crush and not Bennie Boi did it. IYF The online drama would be more delicious IYF

Last edited by OrionStars on Tue 14 Jan 2020, 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 14 Jan 2020, 8:45 pm

As a librarian, the full thread of that summary is that the AV Club wrote an article about a Reddit post that's a recap of somebody's YouTube video. So none of that is "verified" it's a chain of social media and blog posts. That said, it sounds terrible enough to be plausible and Carrie's death notwithstanding, the studio set off a bad chain of events hiring Trevorrow based on Jurassic World's box office, not its story.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus on Tue 14 Jan 2020, 9:11 pm

@rey09 wrote:The leak sounded good...until the kylo killing her parents. whatttt. Also LOL what would JB think of being ditched for reypoe nonsense? What about the trio?? Omg you want to isolate the couple to have them fall in love?? Wow.

@rey09

Considering how content LF is with retconning / ignoring their own movies and canon (Leia having actually gone through enough Jedi training to become a teacher to Rey; Anakin being the one prophesied to end the Sith; etc.), I'd say anybody's headcanon is just as valid as 'actual' canon nowadays Razz

I mean, at this stage what's the point of the Story Group? Wasn't it their job to ensure synergy between the various medias?

The fact that they brought back Sidious the way they did just raises the question of why we're supposed to believe he's actually dead this time?
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 14 Jan 2020, 11:42 pm

It's as if there was a choice between making Rey an airhead, or uberwoman and they chose the latter. When what we could have had was a union of equals.
Or. - Ben Solo either never returns, or he does and gets killed off.

It's hard to understand why there had to be only negative options. What mentality is running LF these days?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 12:21 am

It's not so much a "KK is blameless" situation, but where is this certainty that Rey Palpatine is a self-insert? Are we being serious? I don't find this either clever or funny. This is really grasping at straws. A lot of recent discourse seems like flailing wildly around and directing anger at whoever is in the vicinity no matter how far-fetched or petty the claim, that's why I made the comparison to other groups of fans, though such things are far more common elsewhere than here.

JJ has always been a lenient director, but this cast did not invent the trio. They have some leeway and influence on set, but only to a point. Everything took a sudden turn after they'd seen the film, they obviously had no control of what happened in post. And it would seem the film changed drastically in post, and that right there is the biggest mystery of the entire ordeal.

Regarding the "Trevorrow" script, I've no idea if it's real or not, could totally be or not. However, the note from last fall that he had been pursuing a direction they didn't want to go in could very well imply unredeemed Kylo, no Reylo, Reypoe, etc. Or maybe JJ and co. only got away with what they did because of the time crunch and seemingly getting to skip a bunch of checkpoints that CT might have had to go through. TROS is depressing, but they at least attempted, in their mangled way, to make it seem hopeful and give Rey and Kylo a non-adversarial dynamic. But this is like watching the two leads get handled poorly in an entirely different way. They deserved better.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 1:28 am

@californiagirl wrote:It's not so much a "KK is blameless" situation, but where is this certainty that Rey Palpatine is a self-insert? Are we being serious? I don't find this either clever or funny. This is really grasping at straws. A lot of recent discourse seems like flailing wildly around and directing anger at whoever is in the vicinity no matter how far-fetched or petty the claim, that's why I made the comparison to other groups of fans, though such things are far more common elsewhere than here.

JJ has always been a lenient director, but this cast did not invent the trio. They have some leeway and influence on set, but only to a point. Everything took a sudden turn after they'd seen the film, they obviously had no control of what happened in post. And it would seem the film changed drastically in post, and that right there is the biggest mystery of the entire ordeal.

Regarding the "Trevorrow" script, I've no idea if it's real or not, could totally be or not. However, the note from last fall that he had been pursuing a direction they didn't want to go in could very well imply unredeemed Kylo, no Reylo, Reypoe, etc. Or maybe JJ and co. only got away with what they did because of the time crunch and seemingly getting to skip a bunch of checkpoints that CT might have had to go through. TROS is depressing, but they at least attempted, in their mangled way, to make it seem hopeful and give Rey and Kylo a non-adversarial dynamic. But this is like watching the two leads get handled poorly in an entirely different way. They deserved better.
@californiagirl

I agree that since we don’t have anything from Kathleen Kennedy to indicate that Rey is a self-insert, it’s grasping at straws because we are so disappointed with the final product. I mean, KK also approved Rey in The Last Jedi.

As for things changing in post— when the TROS title was announced, I think it was John Boyega who said he thought the title was “Heirs to the Force” or something like that. Heirs, plural. So clearly something changed. That said, while I originally thought that meant they jettisoned a happy ending with two heirs (Ben and Rey, both from strong Force-sensitive bloodlines) for the dismal, nihilistic ending we got, in retrospect the movie was so bad that I wouldn’t be surprised if the other heir was newly Force-sensitive Finn. Which would be awful, and tone deaf, but so is the rest of the film, so...
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 2:37 am

@Lily Snape wrote:
I agree that since we don’t have anything from Kathleen Kennedy to indicate that Rey is a self-insert, it’s grasping at straws because we are so disappointed with the final product.  I mean, KK also approved Rey in The Last Jedi.

As for things changing in post— when the TROS title was announced, I think it was John Boyega who said he thought the title was “Heirs to the Force” or something like that.  Heirs, plural.  So clearly something changed.  That said, while I originally thought that meant they jettisoned a happy ending with two heirs (Ben and Rey, both from strong Force-sensitive bloodlines) for the dismal, nihilistic ending we got, in retrospect the movie was so bad that I wouldn’t be surprised if the other heir was newly Force-sensitive Finn.  Which would be awful, and tone deaf, but so is the rest of the film, so...
@Lily Snape

Oh god, my friend, KK will never ever tell people that Rey is a self-insert, KK isn't that dumb. The similarities between KK's background and princess Palpatina are just part of the evidence that suggests LFL thought Rey Palpatina could work thematically because KK is the living proof, a successful woman who comes from a great lineage and inherited the legacy of another man:roll:
About TLJ, I remember someone mentioned briefly that Rian said he understood if fans interpreted that TLJ established Rey Nobody, especially with the mirror scene, but it didn't mean to be like what we were thinking. Besides, TLJ also made a bold move and killed Luke to assure that "the last Jedi" status belonged to Rey, so of course, KK would greenlit the hell out of it.

About “Heirs to the Force”, we love Ben, and JB said the film had a lot of Reylo scenes that he didn't participate in, so we did assume that it referred to Ben, but I think, at this point, technically, Finn is an heir to the force because he's force sensitive. You know, actors are human beings too and humans are essentially self-serving.

Before TROS was released, I was told that I was "grasping at straws" too, and I  did pray the god every day that people were right and I just grasped at straws and Ben wasn't a goner. Believe me, fool yourself with the conclusion that everything is "grasping at straws"  will only hurt you even more because some of us already experienced it.

Last edited by OrionStars on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 3:36 am; edited 3 times in total
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 2:47 am

It's funny, but I'm so disappointed they chose not to go with the direction Rian seemed to set up, that the FO was going to crumble from within due to the discord between Kylo and Hux. If that had happened, while the Resistance became more shades of grey under Poe Dameron, it would have made for a marvelous, intense film, unlike any other SW film. Instead we got a poorly made copy of ROTJ. If they sacked CT, wasn't any other director available other than JJ?
That saying, awful as TROS is, I would have accepted it if not for the truly dreadful ending.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 5:12 am

@motherofpearl1 wrote:It's funny, but I'm so disappointed they chose not to go with the direction Rian seemed to set up, that the FO was going to crumble from within due to the discord between Kylo and Hux. If that had happened, while the Resistance became more shades of grey under Poe Dameron, it would have made for a marvelous, intense film, unlike any other SW film. Instead we got a poorly made copy of ROTJ.
@motherofpearl1

JJ wasn't really the director to do the shades of grey, even to the extent of what TLJ had (which IMO was still baby steps. Shock and horror, the Resistance can't afford to be picky and must buy their ships from less-than-perfect dealers which is likely 99% of them). Also, the discord between Kylo and Hux means that the film would need to spend more time on the inner workings of the FO and less on the heroic Resistance and the trio adventures.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 7:00 am

Well, my only takeaways from this alleged CT script are:

bad discarded script (DOF) does not make bad accepted script (TROS) any better

Finnreys BTFO again. So much for claim that Finnrey was planned but then evil Reylos changed the course of the future. Rey kisses Poe. I guess Finn's Force Power is Compelling Rey to Kiss Other Guys. Poe in DOF. Ben in TROS. Yep

lol!

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 7:16 am

Something isn’t right here. Adam Driver would not be happy if Kylo died unredeemed when everyone was trying to save him, what a bleak message and ending. Adam has said time and time again that he always knew Kylo’s arc (obv redemption via love), would Colin betray him like that? It’s the only reason Adam signed on to these movies.

Then again, Adam said in his most recent interview that he FOUGHT to ensure Kylo was not played like a machine. If this script is true, im gonna put my tinfoil hat on and say Adam was not happy with the way they mishandled Kylo in this early version. Also Poe and Rey, wtf? They had 0 interactions beforehand and when Rian set up Reylo? Yeh no wonder he got fired.

Also the leak came from Robert Burnett who is a former Collider employee and has been [edit] on JJ for years, this could be strategic and a total lie. I won’t believe it until Colin confirms it.Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 14 9aed3f10

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 8:30 am

Adam - and Kylo - deserved a better film than TROS.
I actually am a bit disturbed by the message this film has sent, regarding the Jedi. The prequels actually showed them in a less than favourable light, regarding their beliefs about attachment and love. TLJ cleverly addressed that with Yoda's words to Luke - "we are what they grow beyond", probably Yoda's wisest speech.
Unfortunately TROS completely threw that out in favour of "Jedi good, Sith bad" despite JJ himself repeatedly insisting neither Snoke or Kylo were Siths.

Snoke's words - "darkness rises, and light to meet it" refer to the balance that everyone sought. It was also true in reverse. The arisal of Light would ultimately lead to its opposite in Darkness. Rian said in a good interview that Luke chose exile not only because of what he did to Ben but to prevent the rise of his counter part in the Dark. But of course it didn't work.

TROS should have dealt with Kylo/Ben and Rey working TOGETHER, the dyad leading to the balance finally needed in the Force to achieve peace. Instead of extremes we get no Jedi or Sith but a new age where people are trained in using both sides of the Force - Grey Jedi.
But instead we get Rey becoming yet again a 'pure' Jedi, eschewing normal human behaviour by embrace the life of a monk, or nun, symbolised by her virginal white costume and the end showing her alone on a desert. No balance here. . Thus ultimately in the future a new Dark will inevitably rise.
And we're back to square one, a never ending journey of the Force fighting itself.

So much for 'the resolving of grey'.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 8:45 am

"resolving of grey" is why novelizations are worthless. Pablo said so already but fans being fans latch on novelizations if something in them proves their theory/headcanon.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum