Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Piper Maru on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 8:50 am

They'd never "resolve the grey" because TRoS is the product of a very specific cultural zeitgeist where authors refuse to confront the status quo in their narratives, which eventually results in financial flops and backlash because the audience is tired of the same-old storytelling AND the bait-and-switch PR game studios play.


Last edited by Piper Maru on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1610
Likes : 13369
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-15
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by nickandnora on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 8:52 am

@Riri wrote:Something isn’t right here. Adam Driver would not be happy if Kylo died unredeemed when everyone was trying to save him, what a bleak message and ending. Adam has said time and time again that he always knew Kylo’s arc (obv redemption via love), would Colin betray him like that? It’s the only reason Adam signed on to these movies.
Well, Colin was fired for some reason, and I'm sure Carrie's death was more of an impetus than the TRUE reason. If he was refusing to write a redeemed Ben at all, I can see how that would be a reason for them to not be happy with his script. This would be especially true if, as you said, the arc that Adam was told had something to do with redemption. I personally believe that Adam was in fact told something like, "Kylo ends opposite to Anakin, trying to save the woman he loves from death only this time succeeding because he selflessly sacrifices himself." Like maybe it wasn't THAT specific and maybe Anakin wasn't actually mentioned, but I would bet money on it being something like this. This makes sense to me especially with what Adam said about how he hopes the beginning of the film TRoS - though it is unsaid - shows how Kylo's journey and motivation has changed. His motivation, after he encounters Palpatine, as far as I can tell, is to save Rey (misguidedly by getting HER to turn to the darkside, but that motivation is still evident to me, as poorly rendered as the whole thing was).

So yes, I do believe Colin would "betray" Adam like that. They are being diplomatic when they talk about the reasons for Colin's firing, but from what I can gather, he is/was arrogant and stubborn as hell, and I'm not surprised if that was the ultimate reason for his firing.

ETA: I suppose as much as we/others are talking about this rumoured script as the version we almost got, I think we were actually closer to getting the Jack Thorne script that Jason leaked (if that was at ALL accurate) where Kylo and Rey knew each other as kids in the same house because her mom was their servant(?), and the FO was using mind-wiping technology or something to make people forget. That also made very little sense and STILL didn't sound good. Again, the only remedy to this would have been for Rian to write the IX script and if he didn't have time to direct, have someone else do it. Otherwise - as I've said several times now - this story was always screwed for Act III from the get-go, which is so very, very unfortunate.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 866
Likes : 5098
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 9:14 am

It's crazy isn't it - they had two years to write and produce this film, yet the end result is as if they'd thought it up at the last minute!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4251
Likes : 17935
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by AhsokaTano on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 9:31 am

Ok so am trying to make sense of this film for the sake of my mind and what they could really be up to . Red, ( Dark ) blue ( light ) and yellow ( light and the light saber Rey ends up with like a sentinel or protector at the end ) are colours that make up grey mixed together( so grey is resolved in this way) or to put it another way blood , veins and lymph fluid which carry energy around the body and make up grey and white matter in the brain. If project luminous is about how to continue beyond death as luminous beings then our consciousness has to ascend beyond this earthly body . Rey ending with BB8 makes somr sense . Not Rey herself as it could have easily have been anyone else but a droid being there is significant. In this case it’s similar to Arthur C Clarke ‘s space Odyssey series ie to achieve immortality we have to start with AI . This has been hinted at throughout the saga - man and machine becoming one and more so in the comics - Jedi conscious ness in computers and machines in the Aphra comics and Vader comics and of course vader himself . So that part to me makes sense. It could have easily have been Rey and Ben and Bb8 though another Droid too.I think maybe the message is meant to be :
Spirit ( Ben )+ body ( Rey ) + AI (Bb8)= immortality. So Rey is the host body for now but the spirit will continue forever . But then what they should have done was have force ghost Ben with Rey and Bb8 to make that idea clearer.
I don’t know . The other thing am starting to think is Rey and kylo are somehow the same person but Rey is the feminine part and kylo the masculine part - that’s why I keep thinking they are the force incarnate or God but in two bodies initially which then become one .
Am curious to see what the rest of the kylo Ren comic will reveal , project luminous and the novelisation of TROS as am trying to put behind me this feeling of loss and mourning over Ben who in all likelihood may be brought back anyway .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1255
Likes : 4319
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-13
Localisation : London UK

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Atenais on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 9:48 am

@Armadeus wrote:Considering how content LF is with retconning / ignoring their own movies and canon (Leia having actually gone through enough Jedi training to become a teacher to Rey; Anakin being the one prophesied to end the Sith; etc.), I'd say anybody's headcanon is just as valid as 'actual' canon nowadays Razz

I mean, at this stage what's the point of the Story Group? Wasn't it their job to ensure synergy between the various medias?

The fact that they brought back Sidious the way they did just raises the question of why we're supposed to believe he's actually dead this time?
@Armadeus

I ask the same question. I don't know if they realize how their last movie made all of them seem dumb and useless. I don't even care to hear what they have to say anymore, who knows if, in the future, the company will not change everything again. The thing is, TROS looks like a superhero movie. Everybody has super powers, everybody can return from death, etc. It became boring. They threw the mythic aspect away and stuck with the heroish.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1112
Likes : 5323
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : Brazil

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 9:56 am

That's exactly what I thought - dumb humour, action but no story. It was like a badly made comic book movie.

My brother hit the nail on the head - he said B v S was more like a video game. And Terrio wrote that one as well.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4251
Likes : 17935
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Armadeus on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 10:20 am

@Atenais wrote:
@Armadeus wrote:Considering how content LF is with retconning / ignoring their own movies and canon (Leia having actually gone through enough Jedi training to become a teacher to Rey; Anakin being the one prophesied to end the Sith; etc.), I'd say anybody's headcanon is just as valid as 'actual' canon nowadays Razz

I mean, at this stage what's the point of the Story Group? Wasn't it their job to ensure synergy between the various medias?

The fact that they brought back Sidious the way they did just raises the question of why we're supposed to believe he's actually dead this time?
@Armadeus

I ask the same question. I don't know if they realize how their last movie made all of them seem dumb and useless. I don't even care to hear what they have to say anymore, who knows if, in the future, the company will not change everything again. The thing is, TROS looks like a superhero movie. Everybody has super powers, everybody can return from death, etc. It became boring. They threw the mythic aspect away and stuck with the heroish.
@Atenais

Now they got this Project Luminos, and I'm sitting here wondering: 'Why should I even care about anything that happens in this?'

I mean, it seems that if enough people react a certain way, or certain creatives they hire don't like a particular choice made by other creatives, they can just retcon that sith and go on like it never happened. What's the point of any of it?

As an example: how relevant is Claudia Gray's Bloodlines novel now? That novel made it seem like Leia's entire focus post-ROTJ was on her political career. Now, it just seems that politics was a fall-back choice when becoming a Jedi didn't pan out because of something-something-prophecy-that-wasn't-a-prophecy-and-who-really-cares? And if she had enough know-how to teach Rey, why did she send Ben off to Luke? Seems kinda cold.

SMH, to think someone actually looked at TROS script and thought: 'Yes, that's exactly what we were looking for, that needs to be committed to film.'
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1567
Likes : 5017
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : Seychelles

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by nickandnora on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 10:33 am

@Armadeus wrote:As an example: how relevant is Claudia Gray's Bloodlines novel now? That novel made it seem like Leia's entire focus post-ROTJ was on her political career. Now, it just seems that politics was a fall-back choice when becoming a Jedi didn't pan out because of something-something-prophecy-that-wasn't-a-prophecy-and-who-really-cares? And if she had enough know-how to teach Rey, why did she send Ben off to Luke? Seems kinda cold.
Yeah... it's the Leia stuff in this film that really festers. I know it wasn't intentional, but it was a by-product of being written by two men and not a woman or an actual mother. This isn't to say that everyone who is a mother will have a problem with how the Leia stuff played out here, but for me, as the mom of a little boy, the way they happily worked through the events of this film with Leia, Ben and Rey and didn't consider how awful said events and choices made Leia seem as a mother if you really sat and thought about it for 2.2 seconds was disconcerting. I feel like they thought: "Leia has a prophecy that her child will be harmed so she stops doing the thing that might harm him! She dies in order to reach him! See, it's great closure on their relationship!" and didn't consider that other things they were showing (Leia training Rey but sending Ben away to Luke, Leia appearing at the end to Rey with no Ben in sight) imply that Leia was, either intentionally or unintentionally, sacrificing her "bad" child for her new "good" one. And that's such an insidiously awful implication that it threatens to ruin a person's memory of the film and story, even though I know that's not what they intended. They were just dumb. Really, really dumb.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 866
Likes : 5098
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by californiagirl on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 11:03 am

Or maybe Rey Palpatine is just a cheap imitation of the Vader reveal that exists simply to be a cheap imitation of the Vader reveal. Based on what the writers have said, and level the of non-analysis that went into TROS, that's apparently all it was supposed to be. It really is that simple, I think that's why TROS isn't generating that much discussion less than a month after release, there's just not a lot to mine.

A story we all know too well from someone who lived through it, now with its own study.

https://medium.com/@KMMcCort/when-systemic-hatred-of-women-online-goes-unnoticed-what-does-it-say-about-us-930cccb683e0
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2579
Likes : 13256
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Riri on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 11:22 am

Just found this. CT was fired before the first draft was even done becus he wasnt going down the direction they had spoken about.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 15 7e13d610

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 895
Likes : 6562
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-21

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 11:43 am

It seems that the mouse like to poke their noses in too much.

I remember when Thor The Dark World was in production, they hired Patty Jenkins and she was either sacked or left because she didn't like the studio interference. According to the rumour mill, Natalie Portman was furious, and as a result her role was reduced to a damsel in distress who spent most of her time asleep!

The resulting film was almost as bad as TROS.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4251
Likes : 17935
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by special_cases on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 11:44 am

@motherofpearl1 wrote:It's crazy isn't it - they had two years to write and produce this film, yet the end result is as if they'd thought it up at the last minute!
@motherofpearl1

To be fair, the biggest problem of ST always will be tight production schedule when you're deciding on release date without locked script. This is insane for casual movies, and absolutely bonkers for complicated stories like PT and ST. It makes sense to plan a release date and shooting when you already have a script, well, at least first solid draft. And not frantically writing script in 3 months because you know you need to approve building of sets to deliver a movie on next December. Very stupid way to write stories.

I blame Iger and only Iger for finale result. KK failed to demand right approach to this project, but we don't know what really was going on with power play there and KK is under Iger. Let's not forget that Lucas hired KK and only after they locked her contract, he informed her that he is selling absolutely everything and she will work under Iger. Working under Lucas is very different from working under Bobby, you know. Lucas expressed a regret about his actions but that was really s*** move, though typical for busy deals, especially in Hollywood. I'm sure that Kathy heard rumours before signing a contract but I doubt she could have imagined that Lucas will give all power away. It was all about biggest windfall for Lucas, that's why he gave them right to touch Skywalkers and called OT trio before the deal. That was business wise, but George really wanted as much billions from Disney as possible.

And Iger wanted the next trilogy and to use Skywalker ASAP. He wasn't working on this deal to give all success and 20+m bonuses to the next CEO while Lucasfilm works on scripts until Iger's retirement. He wanted immediate ROI and 60-70m in his own pocket.

So in the end of the day, Star Wars was defeated by its own success, popularity and awesomeness. Everybody - from George to Iger - was so sure that Star Wars is winning numbers to Powerball that they were exclusively focusing on receiving the biggest piece of pie possible for themselves. Everybody involved was blinded by the power of the brand, mistakes were piling up, let's fire Arndt, we can write our own amazing script in 6 weeks, let's hide Luke, we don't know what to do with him, and RJ will figure it out, let's allow RJ his inexperienced editor and no script doctor, Rian is very hardworking, let's make misleading disrespectful to everybody involved marketing campaign, baiting that a black guy is a Jedi and so on and so on.

You know, sometimes messes like this lead to amazing results. It happens. Just this fact is never excuse to this soulless creative train wreck. They have 200m+100m marketing budgets and all accessible resources in the world. Professionally it's a disgrace for everybody who was involved.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1903
Likes : 10358
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Piper Maru on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 11:59 am

@special_cases wrote:
You know, sometimes messes like this lead to amazing results. It happens. Just this fact is never excuse to this soulless creative train wreck. They have 200m+100m marketing budgets and all accessible resources in the world. Professionally it's a disgrace for everybody who was involved.
@special_cases

Which is why I refuse to fall for their gaslighting, "oh it could've been worse" nonsense or actors/producers/directors throwing tantrums to make people feel sorry for them. It doesn't matter. They were not an indie studio trying to write an avant-garde film for a niche audience. They had the best of the best working for them. They're incompetent, stupid and creatively bankrupt.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1610
Likes : 13369
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-15
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by snufkin on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 12:03 pm

@Piper Maru They've also yet to ever say why they had to have it be December 2019 as the target date for release. Because this was obviously rushed out as the Minimum Viable Product when you have people picking apart the VFX and editing on Twitter so the film editor (who got an Oscar nod the last time around) does an out of character response interview. Was it some corporate strategy/mandate to go along with the theme park and streaming service roll outs? They had Trevorrow waste a good 12-18 months on development and pushing it back 6 months obviously wasn't enough to get it done right.

@Armadeus From previous interviews I've read, Bloodline came out of an idea the Story Group (remember them?) had at the start of development of the ST for a House of Cards style plot about Leia's role in the New Republic political system. I also remember reading that they considered doing this as a stand-alone series, like how shows would release online episodes as an adjunct to a series, and that Ransolm Casterfo was originally going to be a character in TFA. Bloodline came out of the story development process for the ST as a plot point they decided wasn't going to make the final cut in the movie. So yeah, the argument "Books are superfluous to what happens onscreen" gets confusing when they have this novel and the TLJ tie-in novel, where some of the plot points/details come directly from the film treatment. Claudia Grey said she got feedback/notes from Rian via the editorial team for Bloodline and LPoA and Jason Fry actually met directly with him to go over the story/script for the novel. So that's part of the WTF, all that time and effort invested in making it one cohesive story and then it gets tossed out over one movie w/a change in direction? Especially as you say, the Leia depicted in Bloodline, who we take as being the character at least in TFA and TLJ, is a woman who sent off her FS son because she neglected that side of her life do to both political responsibilities and also the ambivalence/trauma she has from her biological father*

Also my favorite response so far to Project Luminous after all the teasing about it prior to sh*t hitting the fan over TRoS is people finally asked on Twitter point blank, "does this have to do with Ben and Rey" and being told "Well, no..." by one of the authors and getting a "Thanks, well in that case we're definitely not interested." I mean, yeah publishing is a small slice of the story and not central to the movies. But considering how they dumped Ben's story into a comic that keeps selling out and then this response, they miscalculated a lot of things.

* This is a central part of where TRoS f**ks up IMO. The entire point of "the truth that is your family" is taking the last minute change made in the OT of "now Leia is Luke's twin sister" and trying to actually address/resolve it vis Ben's fall to the Darkside. Then again, "YAY ladies can be Jedi too. Look Leia gets a light saber now" does seem like something a pair of middle aged men who were the exact demographic RotJ was aimed at would think is a good answer to that question.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8629
Likes : 40453
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 12:05 pm

I have to say, Adam, Kelly and Domhnall have shown amazing dignity and restraint, especially as they had their roles reduced to push the Trio.

I salute Ben Solo, Rose Tico, and he, Admirable Hux.
You were more interesting, guys.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4251
Likes : 17935
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Forsythia on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 12:49 pm

@nickandnora wrote:
@Riri wrote:Something isn’t right here. Adam Driver would not be happy if Kylo died unredeemed when everyone was trying to save him, what a bleak message and ending. Adam has said time and time again that he always knew Kylo’s arc (obv redemption via love), would Colin betray him like that? It’s the only reason Adam signed on to these movies.
Well, Colin was fired for some reason, and I'm sure Carrie's death was more of an impetus than the TRUE reason. If he was refusing to write a redeemed Ben at all, I can see how that would be a reason for them to not be happy with his script. This would be especially true if, as you said, the arc that Adam was told had something to do with redemption. I personally believe that Adam was in fact told something like, "Kylo ends opposite to Anakin, trying to save the woman he loves from death only this time succeeding because he selflessly sacrifices himself." Like maybe it wasn't THAT specific and maybe Anakin wasn't actually mentioned, but I would bet money on it being something like this. This makes sense to me especially with what Adam said about how he hopes the beginning of the film TRoS - though it is unsaid - shows how Kylo's journey and motivation has changed. His motivation, after he encounters Palpatine, as far as I can tell, is to save Rey (misguidedly by getting HER to turn to the darkside, but that motivation is still evident to me, as poorly rendered as the whole thing was).

So yes, I do believe Colin would "betray" Adam like that. They are being diplomatic when they talk about the reasons for Colin's firing, but from what I can gather, he is/was arrogant and stubborn as hell, and I'm not surprised if that was the ultimate reason for his firing.

ETA: I suppose as much as we/others are talking about this rumoured script as the version we almost got, I think we were actually closer to getting the Jack Thorne script that Jason leaked (if that was at ALL accurate) where Kylo and Rey knew each other as kids in the same house because her mom was their servant(?), and the FO was using mind-wiping technology or something to make people forget. That also made very little sense and STILL didn't sound good. Again, the only remedy to this would have been for Rian to write the IX script and if he didn't have time to direct, have someone else do it. Otherwise - as I've said several times now - this story was always screwed for Act III from the get-go, which is so very, very unfortunate.

Someone on Twitter who claims to have read CT's draft and that the leak on YouTube/Reddit is true said that Kylo was redeemed before he died in this version too (Source). So either the guy on Reddit or the YouTuber conveniently forgot to mention that part. The summary could be very biased and might have left out other important details from Kylo's story, and it would be more insightful to read the actual draft. But whatever the reason for firing CT, it probably wasn't Kylo's redemption.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 595
Likes : 3625
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-11

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by vaderito on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 1:19 pm

I can't help but be amused by the fact that Damerrey was this close to happening. bravo damerreys for believing in it. hey, maybe now that Zorii proved Poe is straight and Ben is dead, Poe gets to "lay a pipe" as JB puts it? lol! lol!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10991
Likes : 53329
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Riri on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 1:39 pm

@Forsythia

A last min redemption like Vader? Yeah it was too close to Vader’s arc and it’s interesting becus in a recent interview, Adam said he fought so Kylo isn’t played like a machine and we could see his humanity etc. it seems like it was due to Kylo’s arc in general, they made him too much like Vader/a machine. Also it seems like it was Reylo related since Rian clearly set up romantic Reylo and Colin didn’t follow through becus he wanted moustache twirling villain Kylo.

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 895
Likes : 6562
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-21

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by snufkin on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 1:43 pm

All this time we were joking that there'd be an announcement that Poe was going to be played by Chris Pratt in the last movie. Which TBF Poe still comes off as a negging douche to Rey.

In terms of how Ben ends, I'd guess that if Rian were in charge of the overall story (which their Throne Room break up and Crait always smelled like something Trevorrow and/or the studio insisted on), it'd be more than just "he finally gets good and then he dies, THE END." As I've said, between the oral histories, interviews, the previous Art of books, and then in-movie dialogue motifs, there's definitely been a thread about being his father's son and finally giving voice to the underdogs of the Galaxy which play into his relationship with Rey. But either the studio or this team of writers wasn't interested in exploring that further and dropped it in favor of how it ended. Too bad - a ST where Ben and Rey team up beyond Throne Room and find a 3rd way/ride off into the sunset together and done/written right, would've yes alienated some old timer fans. But it would've made money hand over fist beyond what they'll get from this movie.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8629
Likes : 40453
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Atenais on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 3:23 pm

@californiagirl wrote:A story we all know too well from someone who lived through it, now with its own study.

https://medium.com/@KMMcCort/when-systemic-hatred-of-women-online-goes-unnoticed-what-does-it-say-about-us-930cccb683e0
@californiagirl

Thanks for sharing this article. That's really interesting.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1112
Likes : 5323
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : Brazil

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by californiagirl on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 3:33 pm

The first time I saw TFA, I was decidedly underwhelmed by Hux and couldn't even remember his name for a while. But as the years went on, I became weirdly endeared by this OTT space imperialist of sorts. It's been so much fun watching him get a sudden boost of love post-TROS. And there's been a huge upswing of shipping him with Rose. I was vaguely aware it was a crackship, but I didn't know it was called Gingerose until last week. Of all the fan things to come out of this debacle, this was one of the more delightfully unexpected developments.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2579
Likes : 13256
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 3:42 pm

I've started liking him as well, I've even found some wonderful Rose/Kylo fics... believe it or not, it works.

I'd love it if they could somehow bring them all back in a comic or something.
Rey's ok but post TROS I rather prefer Rose.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4251
Likes : 17935
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Piper Maru on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 3:49 pm

@californiagirl wrote:The first time I saw TFA, I was decidedly underwhelmed by Hux and couldn't even remember his name for a while. But as the years went on, I became weirdly endeared by this OTT space imperialist of sorts. It's been so much fun watching him get a sudden boost of love post-TROS. And there's been a huge upswing of shipping him with Rose. I was vaguely aware it was a crackship, but I didn't know it was called Gingerose until last week. Of all the fan things to come out of this debacle, this was one of the more delightfully unexpected developments.
@californiagirl

Hux is the kind of character you love to hate because he's over the top and hilariously evil. A lot of GA friends and family see him on screen and go "I hate that guy!" with fondness Laughing He deserved a better arc in the film, playing an integral part in the FO/Sith association. Gleeson was delighted to finally escape the ingenue roles he always plays and you can see he enjoyed being the cold, unapologetic bad guy.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1610
Likes : 13369
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-15
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 3:54 pm

I agree.
Hux was the Cersei Lannister of the ST.
And like Cersei, deserved a more dramatic ending.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4251
Likes : 17935
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by vaderito on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 4:06 pm

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/31290-jwfan-exclusive-the-rise-of-skywalker-partial-cue-list-revealed/

An anonymous tipster has sent JWFan some information that I can share with you now!



The information is a list of cues that appeared in a cut of the film dated November 11th, 2019. Remember, the final day of recording sessions didn't happen until November 21st, and even by this cut some of the cues JW had written had already been dropped or replaced, so consider this a PARTIAL cue list:



1M01 Main Title

1M022 The Ninth Beginning

1M05 Rey Trains

1M06 Ren's Entrance

1M08 Approaching The Nursery

1M09 Rey Wakes Up

1M13 Tell Me What They Are

1M15 Vader's Castle

1M20 Rey Training

1M24 Meditation

1M26 Spy's Message

1M26 Lightspeed Skipping



2M01 Cockpit Dialog

2M02 Fixing The Helmet

2M03 The Wisdom of Maz

2M04 The Emperor Lives

2M06 The Medal

2M07 Ship Trip

2M20 The Forge

2M30 Rey's Mission

2M32 Quicksand



0M01 Children's School

3M00 Lando

3M01 Before The Chase

3M03 No Title

3M06 Knights of Ren

3M07 Ochi and the Dagger



4M01 Rey Senses Ren's Approach

4M02 Rey's Incredible Hand

4M04 Zucini?

4M05 To The End

4M05B Good Ship, Bad Ship

4M06 He Won't Remember

4M07 Rey's Grief

4M10 Red Eyes

4M11 Poe and Girlfriend

4M12 Ship Walk and Talk



5M01 Meddling and Poe's Crush

5M03 Hallway Shooting

5M05 Rey Sees Mother

5M06 Hard To Get Rid Of

5M07 I'm The Spy

5M08 Geneology

5M10 Landing At ?

5M12 Off The Waterfront

5M30 Under a Blanket



6M02 Rey Climbs Pipes

6M02A Climbing

6M04 Daisy In A Veil

6M05 Leia Lies Down

6M07 Stop and Start

6M08 Healing Wounds

6M12 Six Twelve

6M13 Rey's Trip To P

6M20 Sabre Toss



7M01 Seven One

7M02 Rey Meets Luke

7M03 Luke's Advice

7M04 The Meeting

7M05 March Of The Resistance

7M08 Father Knows Best

7M10 Leia's Sabre

7M12 Seven Twelve

7M12A Horses #2

7M20 Approaching The Throne

7M21 Parents

7M30 More Action

7M32 Make The Sacrifice

7M36 Dunkirk

7M38 I Am All The Sith



8M04 Psalm of the Sith

8M05 Jumping The Chain

8M07 Big Ship Blows Up

8M08 On Their Knees

8M10 Success and Sliding

8M11A Dropping The Sabre

8M14 Ben to Rey

8M15 Horn Solo

8M16 End Credits



9M03 Bows

9M05ALT Return to Tattooine








The list also contains the two source pieces not composed by Williams:



2S35 JJ Festival Music

3S35 JJ Bar Source









As well as the cue names from prior scores that were tracked into this cut:



13M2 from Ep.6 Vader's Death

7M03 from Ep.3 The Birth of the Twins

7M05 from Ep.3 Plans for the Twins

3M26R from Ep.7 You're Han Solo?

4M36R from Ep.7 I Ran Into You

5M46R from Ep.7 Kylo Stalks Rey

6M50R from Ep.7 Han and Leia Reunion

6M55R from Ep.7 Council Meeting

6M56E from Ep.7 Ren In Cockpit

8M77 from Ep.7 March Of The Resistance

4M36 from Ep.8 Luke and Rey
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10991
Likes : 53329
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum