Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by BB-Rey on Sun 09 Feb 2020, 3:35 pm

I can sort of understand where Mark's coming from because he also said that he wishes Disney had used George's guidance more and he also spoke of Luke training Leia in George's Episode IX. I think George's treatments probably gave Luke a bigger role alongside the new characters. It's understandable he'd be upset as it may have been something he's been holding onto having since the 80's. He also seemed very apprehensive about coming back to begin with until Carrie convinced him. It makes sense as I was actually watching a Channel 4 (UK TV Channel) special a month or so ago called Bring Back Star Wars from 2007 and Warwick Davis mentioned Mark was always jealous of Harrison being the big movie star. I think he was really looking forward to a bigger role and that George would've given him. He seemed to come around at least to Rian's vision the best he could but he understandably I think was hesitant at first. I can see his reservations with J.J.'s vision too.

I also remember reading Rian and J.J. don't like each other. This wouldn't surprise me and that a lot of the good will directed at each other is PR. It was also said J.J. ignored the story group, while Rian seemed to be more keen on getting their feedback and working with them. There's of course going to be some tension and lashing out from everyone within the fandom and otherwise when things like that happen.

Personally I think it's too many people trying to have a say on how everything should go. They needed to plan and work together better to come up with a general idea of where everything was going and making sure it made sense. They didn't and it shows.

Last edited by BB-Rey on Mon 10 Feb 2020, 8:39 am; edited 2 times in total
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Sacrebleu on Sun 09 Feb 2020, 3:56 pm

@BB-Rey wrote:Personally I think it's too many people trying to have a say on how everything should go. They needed to plan and work together better to come up with a general idea of where everything was going and making sure it made sense. They didn't and it shows.
@BB-Rey

When watching TROS I get the sense there were a few too many oars in the water. It muddled the things they were trying to say. However one feels about TLJ, it's clear there is a single captain at the wheel.
Sacrebleu
Sacrebleu
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey on Sun 09 Feb 2020, 4:00 pm

@Sacrebleu wrote:
@BB-Rey wrote:Personally I think it's too many people trying to have a say on how everything should go. They needed to plan and work together better to come up with a general idea of where everything was going and making sure it made sense. They didn't and it shows.
@BB-Rey

When watching TROS I get the sense there were a few too many oars in the water. It muddled the things they were trying to say. However one feels about TLJ, it's clear there is a single captain at the wheel.
@Sacrebleu

I completely agree and I remember reading as much from one of the people who said that Rian and J.J. don't like each other.
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sun 09 Feb 2020, 4:29 pm

@californiagirl

“Here’s the thing about Greg. You put a microphone in front of him and you never know what you’re going to get. I love my friend Greg. He’s my best friend since kindergarten. I think that my enthusiasm for VIII is enormous, I think he also might have invented a couple of the quotes that he gave."

https://variety.com/2016/film/news/star-wars-episode-8-rey-identity-skywalker-kenobi-daughter-1201678430/amp/
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sun 09 Feb 2020, 4:56 pm

@special_cases Oh wow, don't think I saw that at all. Not surprised though.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 09 Feb 2020, 4:59 pm

Having the script get 'leaked' certainly isn't the ending any of us imagined four years ago. It's certainly not the ending we were imagining this time four years ago being told that speculating about Rey and Ben being the central emotional relationship was pure fantasy when simultaneously Rian was filming exactly that story based on what he'd seen during TFA's production and also during that time Trevorrow is writing will they or won't they for Poe (to add to Oscar's obvious unhappiness) and Rey because instead her ex is now every Kyle Ron post that ever turned up on Twitter with "he killed her parents" Reddit speculation thrown in.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sun 09 Feb 2020, 7:20 pm

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Sub-buzz-339-1581291162-8
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 09 Feb 2020, 9:23 pm

Reylo kiss shows up at the oscars:

https://twitter.com/starwarstuff/status/1226674970195058693

Disney and LFL won't feature it for valentine's day and then send the clip to the oscars. Bipolar af.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sun 09 Feb 2020, 10:17 pm

The Oscars acknowledges Reylo and TROS more than LF itself does. It made Twitter happy though, I'm here for it.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Sun 09 Feb 2020, 10:43 pm

@vaderito wrote:Reylo kiss shows up at the oscars:

https://twitter.com/starwarstuff/status/1226674970195058693

Disney and LFL won't feature it for valentine's day and then send the clip to the oscars. Bipolar af.
@vaderito

So JB could see how the public and AA celebrated the "problematic ship" that he mocked on twitter
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 09 Feb 2020, 11:41 pm

yes lol! lol! lol! lol!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 10 Feb 2020, 12:24 am

Gotta love that the *only* scene from the movie included in an iconic moments segment was the kiss when LFL seems to have a problem with acknowledging it. Also gotta love the following going down on an event broadcast by Disney after some of the crap that got slung at TLJ in the press tour and overall how TRoS felt like it was a reaction against it:

- KMT as a presenter and getting more lines/screen time than Rose's entire appearance in TRoS
- Space Dern getting an award and a shout out from a musical segment
- Rian being a nominee for Knives Out
- AD being nominated for a movie where he wasn't recording ADR in a closet, stuck in a janky helmet, or his character probably dying of embarrassment over a line like "you're a Palpatine."
- Parasite winning best picture after Iger's excuse about why the ST didn't do well in non-Western markets and LFL in general bungling how they had so many new, passionate fans brought in by the ST because of Rey and Ben's relationship b/c of the bullshit mentality that Star Wars is a English speaking Western male thing.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Mon 10 Feb 2020, 12:49 am

@snufkin wrote:Gotta love that the *only* scene from the movie included in an iconic moments segment was the kiss when LFL seems to have a problem with acknowledging it. Also gotta love the following going down on an event broadcast by Disney after some of the crap that got slung at TLJ in the press tour and overall how TRoS felt like it was a reaction against it:

- KMT as a presenter and getting more lines/screen time than Rose's entire appearance in TRoS
- AD being nominated for a movie where he wasn't recording ADR in a closet, stuck in a janky helmet, or his character probably dying of embarrassment over a line like "you're a Palpatine."
- Parasite winning best picture after Iger's excuse about why the ST didn't do well in non-Western markets and LFL in general bungling how they had so many new, passionate fans brought in by the ST because of Rey and Ben's relationship b/c of the bullshit mentality that Star Wars is a English speaking Western male thing.
@snufkin

This could not be summarized better. They really need an Episode X directed by someone who really knows and loves Star Wars, the myth and the story, and not just Star Wars, the nostalgia. They need so badly to fix this. OK, let’s be honest, I need them to fix this. But look at how much they screwed up, how much they wasted. Get Lawrence Kasdan— not some fanboy who makes a movie for fanboys.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 10 Feb 2020, 1:41 am

@Lily Snape It wouldn't be Kasdan, unfortunately, as he said (at the same conference where the GoT dudes stuck their feet in their mouth about "it was our film school!" and 24 hours later LFL announced they'd parted ways) the studio screwed up Solo's release and that he had a script hand delivered to his house with the request to read it and he turned it away without touching it.

It'd be wonderful if Rian's trilogy turned out to be Episode X where Rey is over her crazy grief fugue state of calling herself Skywalker, learns that she's actually not related to the Emperor, and hangs out with Connix, Rose, and Jannah before going off on a new Force quest in which she discovers that Ben is actually trapped in the Disney Vault and rescues him. But after the past 4 years of various legacy fandom factions hijacking ST discussions by insisting that it had to be about Jacen/Jaina, Mara Jade, _____ female character is Rey's mum, and finally caving to Reywalker/she "has" to be a legacy child (and JJ caving to it), I have zero desire to turn into one of those insane fans. I've glad we got two excellent movies and Solo, that's my trilogy. It's just a shame that something happened behind the scenes which prompted walking back with what they had done really well with the new films and following through with all of the themes/plot threads that those three movies (and to a degree Rogue One) had set up for IX. Or rather, reading Trevorrow's script which was both so bad and so out of step with these ideas and themes, the studio had no interest in doing anything with the last movie other than making money.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 10 Feb 2020, 1:54 am

I honestly don't know what they are going to do going forward, but as far as this fan is concerned, if it doesn't involve Ben Solo I'm out.

I've had to log out of the CBR forums, at least for a while, as some of the comments are making my blood boil, and I want to leave on my own account rather than be banned. There's a lot of Kylo/TLJ/Reylo hate there, and one comment really made me seethe - the poster apparently hated that Finn was dropped from being Rey's love interest in favour of the'space Nazi' (their words, not mine) and the poster said it was purely due to racism.

No mention of how TLJ actually had an inter racial love affair with Finn/Rose, which. TROS threw in the trash compactor.
Or the complete lack of sexual chemistry between Finn and Rey, which had nothing to do with skin colour.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Mon 10 Feb 2020, 2:43 am

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I honestly don't know what they are going to do going forward, but as far as this fan is concerned, if it doesn't involve Ben Solo I'm out.

I've had to log out of the CBR forums, at least for a while, as some of the comments are making my blood boil, and I want to leave on my own account rather than be banned. There's a lot of Kylo/TLJ/Reylo hate there, and one comment really made me seethe - the poster apparently hated that Finn was dropped from being Rey's love interest in favour of the'space Nazi' (their words, not mine) and the poster said it was purely due to racism.

No mention of how TLJ actually had an inter racial love affair with Finn/Rose, which. TROS threw in the trash compactor.
Or the complete lack of sexual chemistry between Finn and Rey, which had nothing to do with skin colour.
@motherofpearl1

That argument sounds pretty tame to me, the worst conversation that I've seen so far is antis said Reylo isn't ok but Damerey (in Treverrow's script) is ok because Oscar has ...squared jaw, which means they are absolutely ok with seeing Finn got cucked by his uncle figure just because Finn's uncle  figure has great jawline, racism is something that antis don't actually care.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Mon 10 Feb 2020, 4:08 am

@snufkin wrote:Gotta love that the *only* scene from the movie included in an iconic moments segment was the kiss when LFL seems to have a problem with acknowledging it. Also gotta love the following going down on an event broadcast by Disney after some of the crap that got slung at TLJ in the press tour and overall how TRoS felt like it was a reaction against it:

@snufkin

Sweet victory sunny

I am happy that the Oscars went so far in inserting the Reylo kiss in a ceremony where the #MeToo atmosphere has been present for 3 years. If LF feared that they would get massive backlash from the public and the profession for making this relationship canon, they can now sleep in peace. No excuse anymore to ignore what they put on screen.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 10 Feb 2020, 8:40 am

@OrionStars wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:I honestly don't know what they are going to do going forward, but as far as this fan is concerned, if it doesn't involve Ben Solo I'm out.

@motherofpearl1

That argument sounds pretty tame to me, the worst conversation that I've seen so far is antis said Reylo isn't ok but Damerey (in Treverrow's script) is ok because Oscar has ...squared jaw, which means they are absolutely ok with seeing Finn got cucked by his uncle figure just because Finn's uncle  figure has great jawline, racism is something that antis don't actually care.
Sounds like a pop at Adam's looks......again.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Mon 10 Feb 2020, 2:03 pm

We need Kelly here and then there will the real TRIO

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Eqbnjr10
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 10 Feb 2020, 2:13 pm

Heck yes!!!!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Mon 10 Feb 2020, 2:38 pm

@special_cases wrote:We need Kelly here and then there will the real TRIO

@special_cases

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Tenor17
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 10 Feb 2020, 3:00 pm

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Mon 10 Feb 2020, 5:29 pm

californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Mon 10 Feb 2020, 7:04 pm

@special_cases wrote:We need Kelly here and then there will the real TRIO

@special_cases

Rian and Adam were hanging out numerous times at the Oscars last night (and RJ has constantly been hanging out with the Marriage Story circle). I hope this means something in terms of discussions around working together again maybe.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 10 Feb 2020, 8:01 pm

Cross posting from the social media thread, but this was an interesting analysis of where TRoS diverges from previous LFL vehicles. I'm hardly a fan of Force Lore and world building but ran across this analysis (full thread here) lays out why TRoS feels so out of step with the rest of the current films/novels and the themes/ideas behind them

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 6 Screen74
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum