Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Page 5 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next

Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by californiagirl on Fri 01 May 2020, 4:02 pm

@vaderito What @Geralt_Riv said. @Cowgirlsamurai  Yes, they come out on the 4th.

Here's a piece that lists all the blunders Luke does in ESB to show that the ST got his character right. Razz https://screencrush.com/luke-skywalker-was-always-a-screwup/
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Geralt_Riv on Fri 01 May 2020, 4:23 pm

@californiagirl wrote:@vaderito What @Geralt_Riv said. @Cowgirlsamurai  Yes, they come out on the 4th.

Here's a piece that lists all the blunders Luke does in ESB to show that the ST got his character right. Razz https://screencrush.com/luke-skywalker-was-always-a-screwup/
@californiagirl
So it's Chewbacca then. I wasn't sure. Laughing
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 02 May 2020, 12:42 am

@californiagirl wrote:@vaderito What @Geralt_Riv said. @Cowgirlsamurai  Yes, they come out on the 4th.

Which was precisely why we liked him. Luke was relatable. He was human.
Rey wasn't a relatable character at the end. In their eagerness to create a female heroine they instead gave us a Superwoman. One impossible to identify with because She's So Perfect!!

Yesterday I watched TLJ again, and the scene where Luke Skywalker walks out of the mine to confront his broken nephew to Williams' wonderful score is so stirring it truly moves you.
Compare this to Rey's embarrassingly awful 'I am all the Jedi' scene - which just makes me cringe!

I can't help but think now post TROS, rather than make me admire her strength, Rey's expression at the end of TLJ when she slams the door on Kylo, is a forerunner of her ascending into the superior prig she ultimately becomes in the last film. Especially as her last glimpse of him isn't the raging Kylo Luke faced but this
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-m&sxsrf=ALeKk03JHoPgxoJ3lkAzNxQpwa6A-tcY3g:1588397778385&ei=0gatXsqWF6mo1fAPkKKL2AY&q=pictures+of+kylo+ren+at+the+end+of+the+last+jedi&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjKx97qupTpAhUpVBUIHRDRAmsQ7Al6BAgKEAI&biw=1024&bih=169#imgrc=f9i3VDBbO2vCvM%3A
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 02 May 2020, 8:21 am

@Geralt_Riv wrote:
@vaderito wrote:I'm sorry but who are these dolls supposed to be? I don't recognize a single character/celebrity.
@vaderito
C3PO, Stormtrooper and Chewbacca? Laughing
@Geralt_Riv

lol! lol! lol!

I see it now that you opened my eyes. Hilarious.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 02 May 2020, 9:39 am

@Geralt_Riv wrote:
@vaderito wrote:I'm sorry but who are these dolls supposed to be? I don't recognize a single character/celebrity.
@vaderito
C3PO, Stormtrooper and Chewbacca? Laughing

Oh God - I think you're right!!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Mon 04 May 2020, 10:49 am

TROS is on Disney+ now, but I'm not sure that's a good thing. The Reylos have a separate "Star Wars do better" hashtag counter to the May the 4th be with you one. They are holding a separate Femgaze livestream tomorrow on Revenge of the 5th. Clearly a bunch of merch came out today for the event as well, nothing TROS naturally, but apparently the Disney store site is heck. At least people seem over the moon about the CW finale. And I see some excited about the long-rumored Edward retelling of Twilight, Midnight Sun, going to preorder today and trending alongside Ben Solo, May the 4th, and Star Wars Day, almost as if to counteract TROS, even if I never liked Twilight. The first episode of the Mandalorian docuseries is up, Filoni is on GMA this morning, it's just a lot today.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 04 May 2020, 11:10 am

Yes, and I'm pretty angry at a poster on another forum who said it was the Fandom Menace. I have a twitter account so I checked it out, only to find some polite comments supporting Kelly and Adam.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Mon 04 May 2020, 5:19 pm

Rian continuing to be chipper, and he actually got official recognition this time!

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 5 Scree729
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 5 Scree730

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 5 Scree731

The top SW podcasts are all Reylo ones who are all friends with each other.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 5 Scree732

These top podcasts are generally Reylo ones, or friends with them, or not actively hostile to them. Honestly didn't expect that.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 5 Exm-lo10
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 05 May 2020, 12:42 am

Bless him. Dignified as ever.
As for me.....not a Thor Ragnarok fan at all; Waititi did direct the last episode of Mando so there's that, but his movies seem to be predominantly comedies.

Everyone seems excited at his signing but it just leaves me cold these days. I'm just not invested in anything Disney/Lucasfilm now.
I guess I'm just too old for it!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Snoopy on Tue 05 May 2020, 3:04 am

Taika Watiti is OK, I personally love  '' What we do in the Shadows'' - but I do think some people who write and direct decent original material, sometimes get tripped up in existing universes - him directing should be fine, but writing really depends on what corner of the Star Wars universe he (and his co-writer) will be encapsulating. We'll see.

@motherofpearl1  I also wasn't into Thor: Ragnarok. There was a lot they could have derived from the THOR comics plot-wise, but then they took Sakaar from the Hulk line, and let that be a huge point setting wise. Biggest issue for me was the attempt to move Thor away from the arrogant prince-turned stoic hero role, trying to make him more comic-swashbuckler or whatever he was supposed to be. I do understand why GA enjoyed it so much.
Darth Snoopy
Darth Snoopy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 05 May 2020, 4:46 am

@Darth Snoopy wrote:Taika Watiti is OK, I personally love  '' What we do in the Shadows'' - but I do think some people who write and direct decent original material, sometimes get tripped up in existing universes - him directing should be fine, but writing really depends on what corner of the Star Wars universe he (and his co-writer) will be encapsulating. We'll see.

@motherofpearl1  I also wasn't into Thor: Ragnarok. There was a lot they could have derived from the THOR comics plot-wise, but then they took Sakaar from the Hulk line, and let that be a huge point setting wise. Biggest issue for me was the attempt to move Thor away from the arrogant prince-turned stoic hero role, trying to make him more comic-swashbuckler or whatever he was supposed to be. I do understand why GA enjoyed it so much.

I honestly didn't like that they treated Loki as a joke either. It didn't help much that I've gone right off Tessa Thompson after she called all male writers and directors "stupid" because someone innocuously called her character"bad***" and she apparently took offense at it.

I like Chris Hemsworth very much, but he admitted he wasn't keen on Thor much as a character, as he found him 'boring'. I think he would have preferred to be cast as Peter Quill!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Snoopy on Tue 05 May 2020, 5:56 am

@motherofpearl1
Loki was essentially, belittled - the film does gloss over a lot of the family trauma that he and Thor shared, while also adding Hela (I loved the casting of Blanchett, in the role) as a sibling that was also conditioned very much by her damaged relationship to Odin, which is also ignored. As for Valkyrie, the characters incarnation in the film was one note for me. I don't know about Tessa Thompsons statements about male writers - but she could have expressed her offense in a different way, maybe say that she finds that term ''limiting' or she doesn't want her character pigeonholed or something.
Darth Snoopy
Darth Snoopy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 05 May 2020, 6:05 am

@Darth Snoopy wrote:@motherofpearl1
Loki was essentially, belittled - the film does gloss over a lot of the family trauma that he and Thor shared, while also adding Hela (I loved the casting of Blanchett, in the role) as a sibling that was also conditioned very much by her damaged relationship to Odin, which is also ignored. As for Valkyrie, the characters incarnation in the film was one note for me. I don't know about Tessa Thompsons statements about male writers - but she could have expressed her offense in a different way, maybe say that she finds that term ''limiting' or she doesn't want her character pigeonholed or something.

I can't help but think she'd probably love Abrams and Terrio!
It's a fun film, but to me it seemed like more of a send up than a Thor film. Marvel these days seem obsessed with making everything a comedy.

I wonder if the new film will be set post or pre the ST?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Snoopy on Tue 05 May 2020, 6:46 am

@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@Darth Snoopy wrote:@motherofpearl1

I can't help but think she'd probably love Abrams and Terrio!
It's a fun film, but to me it seemed like more of a send up than a Thor film. Marvel these days seem obsessed with making everything a comedy.

I wonder if the new film will be set post or pre the ST?
@motherofpearl1
From what I've read, there's no word on time-line - maybe rumors?. I don't know, but it seems like the ST period might be avoided for a bit, due to TROS lackluster reception. But you never know. Maybe when conditions are such that large scale productions can safely take place, we might here more concrete news.
Darth Snoopy
Darth Snoopy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 05 May 2020, 4:31 pm

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA OMG OHHOHOHOOHOHOHO LMAO AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA CAN'T LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 5 V6i65xliozw41

THIS IS SO BAD LMAO! THEY DIDN'T EVEN TRY. SUCH A LAZY COVER, HOLY SITH!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Tue 05 May 2020, 4:54 pm

I thought I remember a placeholder cover, which looked better than this one. Usually books get an upgrade for their cover, not a downgrade lol.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Tue 05 May 2020, 6:29 pm

Lol, wtf is with the curl? Especially with the hair poof. It looks so out of place. Hell, even Poe himself doesn't look like he wants to be there!

I just dont get the Poe love, the guy is boring AF. If someone wants some good old pilot fun they should just read the X-wing series.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Tue 05 May 2020, 7:04 pm

Damn, why 90% of SW art is so terrible? Is there some kind of nonconformist revolution among art people inside Disney and they are trying to send us secret signs via intentional antirealism in their artworks?
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sacrebleu on Tue 05 May 2020, 7:56 pm

Just terrible. I would never have guessed that was Poe.
Sacrebleu
Sacrebleu
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Tue 05 May 2020, 8:40 pm

LF has been notoriously bad in any depiction of Poe, be it toys, comics, most artwork in general. The only place they got it right was the Resistance cartoon.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 05 May 2020, 11:21 pm

I just... years of LFL teasing that "there's more to the story for the original characters and what happened to Ben at Uncle Luke's Bible Camp. So we bought books/comics and watched the movies, only to have them end up publishing more content about Poe, a character only a small rabid sliver of fans cares about, than we'll ever get about Ben (lol sorry that story which got teased in 2016 was instead dumped into a comic book with "the writer made it all up"). And they can't even settle on a single story for Rey so now her backstory is "focus grouped to death." There's already been two comic book series and now a YA novel that looks like they took the template of the Solo YA novel Most Wanted and copied/pasted that with Poe and Zorri respectively slotted in for Han and Qi'ra.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Wed 06 May 2020, 12:09 am

I think this book exists solely to justify the shoehorned spice runner backstory, since Terrio seemed to think there was no EU about Poe. Never mind the comic series, RR novel, and this insane number of appearances. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Poe_Dameron#Appearances

And it was decided on pre-TROS, I doubt they're going to make more ST stuff after this for a while, though I suspect they'll try to rescue Ben and Rey far down the line. It's all TV shows and HL stuff now, and whatever the mysterious movies in the undetermined future are. And who knows when the parks open again.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 06 May 2020, 1:19 am

I actually found Poe at his most interesting in TLJ - people tend to forget that he was never coded as a Han Solo wannabe. Han was a mercenary, a smuggler and pirate. Poe was a former New Republic pilot turned revolutionary. His devotion to'the cause' was almost fanatical. I read somewhere that Oscar enjoyed playing Poe more in TLJ than a y of the films, because he played him as an original character, not a Han rip off.

DLF killed off their best character. They ignored critical acclaim for TLJ which focused on the Rey/Kylo dynamic as being the highlight of the film. They ignored the polls in which everyone wanted more Kylo, the overwhelming success of the TROKR comic. Instead they gave the audience's less Kylo, and pushed Poe - who remember wasn't even supposed to survive TFA - as the new Han when we had his flesh and blood child right there in front of them! They took away Rey's soulmate to push a toxic 'i don't need a boyfriend' feminist message in order to please KK, #metoo ( it's a fantasy film, for God's sake) and a handful of obsessed idiots who see Reylo as abusive.

They firmly ignored what most people wanted to satisfy a vocal minority that rubbished Rian Johnson's fresh, original and beautifully acted masterpiece, and shoved instead a third rate, terribly made B movie down our throats. They have forever destroyed the entire Skywalker Solo bloodline, damaged the saga forever, destroyed it's message of family, love and hope.....

And expect us to be satisfied with yet another prequel series about boring self righteous Jedis and books focusing on B list characters.
The last time I saw a company shoot themselves in the foot so much was when jeweller Gerald Ratner told everyone their products were cheap trash.
Then practically went bust overnight.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Wed 06 May 2020, 5:52 am

@vaderito wrote:AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA OMG OHHOHOHOOHOHOHO LMAO AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA CAN'T LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 5 V6i65xliozw41

THIS IS SO BAD LMAO! THEY DIDN'T EVEN TRY. SUCH A LAZY COVER, HOLY SITH!
@vaderito

Ohhhhhkaaaaay, so this has got to be a fan made parody right?
This was honestly my first thought when I saw this, because- how cliche, and safe and boring is this? Yawn...

Hey maybe we need to start playing Star Wars post TROS bingo?
Cheesy spice runner prequel recounting the story of young lovers Poe and Zorri who weren’t meant to be...and which ends with Poe meeting BB8.. ahem.. his true soulmate...
(until BB8 ran off with Rey Skywalker!)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 06 May 2020, 6:25 am

And it's getting worse!
Mike Zeroh is now saying on YouTube that they're bringing in a long lost son of Luke called....Leo Skywalker! I have a cat called Leo, perhaps I should say his full name is Leo Skywalker and they owe us royalties.

Seriously, normally I'd ignore it as another MZ FAF, but honestly post TROS nothing would surprise me.

If they can turn Poe into a drug smuggler, give Finn a love interest that's really just a female version of him, bring back Palpatine after we all saw him disintegrate, and make Rey his granddaughter whose parents were really nice people who sold her into slavery to protect her......

They can suddenly produce a long lost son of Luke.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum