Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 02 Jun 2020, 4:13 pm

I know it's crazy, but has anyone ever listened to the lyrics of the old Bob Dylan song, 'God on Our Side'?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Saracene on Tue 02 Jun 2020, 4:40 pm

TLJ flirted with shades of grey, but in the end IMO it was all mere lip service that didn’t fundamentally challenge or change anything. Whoever the Resistance buy their weapons from, they’re obviously and unquestionably framed as the Good Guys fighting the bad guys, with the starry-eyed little kid proudly wearing their symbol. The movie wasn’t in the least interested in exploring the humanity of the bad guys other than Kylo and Finn’s stormtrooper background mattered even less than in TFA. And by the end of the film, Luke proclaims that he won’t be the last Jedi, so for all his earlier gripes with the Jedi he obviously comes around though it’s not at all clear why.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 02 Jun 2020, 4:56 pm

I often wonder, what if the sequels'flipped'the good guys and bad guys.....this time around the Republic were the heroes and the rebe!ls the villains?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Tue 02 Jun 2020, 5:11 pm

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I often wonder, what if the sequels'flipped'the good guys and bad guys.....this time around the Republic were the heroes and the rebe!ls the villains?
@motherofpearl1

But they kinda did, at least in TFA? In that movie, you’ve got the Republic as the status quo while the FO is the rogue terrorist organisation. Then TLJ reverted everything to the same old OT story, with the dominant bad guys and the underdog good guys.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Wed 03 Jun 2020, 7:37 pm

Wow, SW actually supporting John, after pushing him to the side and not treating him great for so long. He's been killing it this past week in the BLM protests, and was one of the first celebrities to speak out. He fully admitted doing this could kill his career, but he didn't care. An actual rebellion hero right there.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 11 Scree742

I saw one person complain that SW/LF weren't there when Reylos called him terrible things, but ironically I saw a post by a Reylo just after this also complain LF wasn't there for him or other POC before this. Seriously, everyone needs to leave behind demonizing people in shipping wars in this context. John's doing truly great stuff right now, but battling actual oppression and systemic brutality still won't stop some people from finger-pointing, mostly made up petty fandom nonsense.

Here's a new article about Finn's lost rebellion leader potential, that John is doing in real life instead. https://www.polygon.com/2020/6/3/21278460/star-wars-john-boyega-black-lives-matter-finn-force-awakens-rise-of-skywalker
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Wed 03 Jun 2020, 10:26 pm

Why on earth would this kill his career?

I’ve got mixed feelings about these protests to be honest, considering the current pandemic situation.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Wed 03 Jun 2020, 10:43 pm

Hollywood doesn't often like when people, especially major public-facing ones like actors, get highly political. It's not as left wing-ish as many claim it is, such actions or statements are deemed high risk or unmarketable. It's how some people responded to or thought of TLJ actually. This is even more likely if the actors aren't white. SW and its fandom had already pushed John and Kelly to the side (one's first thought shouldn't be "it was the Reylos!").

The fact people who had been staying inside during quarantine are willing to marshal in various countries for a week+ is kind of a testament to how desperate they are, and have been for a long time. It's been a wild ride as fandom Twitter immediately pivoted to activism, I'm like the retweeting monster now. Honestly, social media has been doing a better job at covering this than most regular media, which is kind of sad. I've also seen some evidence that the virus doesn't spread as easily in outdoor spaces as it does inside.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Wed 03 Jun 2020, 10:58 pm

Considering that big companies are currently jumping on the message, I don’t think anyone needs to worry about being unmarketable over this.

I’d say that the scale of the protests is actually partly due to everyone being cooped up for months and lots of pent-up tension and anxiety getting released. And yeah the virus doesn’t seem to spread as much outside, but it’s still surreal to see the same people who a week before were scolding others for breaking the rules and not caring about the sick and the elderly forget about it in a flash.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 04 Jun 2020, 1:51 am

I wonder how Kelly Tran is feeling at this moment regarding 'Star Wars' supporting John?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Snoopy on Thu 04 Jun 2020, 7:30 am

@Saracene wrote:Considering that big companies are currently jumping on the message, I don’t think anyone needs to worry about being unmarketable over this.

I’d say that the scale of the protests is actually partly due to everyone being cooped up for months and lots of pent-up tension and anxiety getting released. And yeah the virus doesn’t seem to spread as much outside, but it’s still surreal to see the same people who a week before were scolding others for breaking the rules and not caring about the sick and the elderly forget about it in a flash.
@Saracene

On social media - I've actually seen people refer to the pandemic in the past tense - as if it's over. I do hope that more people actually realize or consider that reported statistics/mortality rate of this virus is completely reliant on a country's ability to access and carry out testing. In my country our apparent stats are deceptively low, due to the fact that we don't actually have the infrastructure or resources to test enough people or accurately identify cause of death in large numbers. A seemingly low infection or mortality rate does not mean that the situation is getting better - though governing bodies, may run with that narrative.
Darth Snoopy
Darth Snoopy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 04 Jun 2020, 7:42 am

I have to say this - there's been a lot of support on another forum for John, which is fine, but whenever other posters have reasonably pointed out that the protesters are taking risks, they've been very strongly criticised. In the UK a supporter of #blm suggested kneeling on your doorstep for a few minutes at 6pm last night as a way of showing solidarity while maintaining social distancing.
I thought it a terrific idea but it should be been widely publicised......I was the only one in our neighborhood doing it, in the pouring rain as well!☺
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Snoopy on Thu 04 Jun 2020, 8:26 am

@motherofpearl1 Hope you had a raincoat or umbrella Claps
I only hope that those who are actively participating in any outdoor protests, first UNDERSTAND the risk, however small it may seem. The protests are addressing a vital issue, but amidst an ongoing pandemic, I just can't agree with the timing (though, yes, people may criticize this perspective).
I also have to agree with @Saracene, that the scale of these protests are partly driven by the frustration and stressors brought about by the pandemic.

Last edited by Darth Snoopy on Thu 04 Jun 2020, 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Phrasing and spelling)
Darth Snoopy
Darth Snoopy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 04 Jun 2020, 11:30 am

Most of the big companies jumping on the bandwagon are doing so in a really surface-level way. Like they make a vague, feel good statement and upload a picture of a black square and call it a day. It's more to save face, and because there's this pressure for performative activism, than to actually do anything of substance. Even those giving money are trying to keep it at a minimum.

Mostly I find it very telling that it took hoards of protesters in most of the world's major cities 8 days during a pandemic, paired with nonstop coverage in both traditional and new media outlets to make even a little headway, because little else has really worked. Like all these people had to risk so much, and many more died in the past number of days from the violence, to get a couple of concessions but still virtually no change. The pandemic keeping many people from work is one of the reasons any of this was able to happen at all, weirdly enough.

At least John is loved by the people, more than ever before, good for him.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 04 Jun 2020, 12:17 pm

I wish I could feel the same way, but post his comments on SM, I've lost a lot of respect for him.

I've also noticed outpourings of love for Finn and JB all over the internet, much of it from Kylo and Reylo haters, and lots of praise for what he's said about Reylos, including a comment by a person who suffered abuse,.
Thanking him from condemning the'toxic relationship' and his little video stunt on SM.
They seem to have forgotten the revolting 'pipe' comment.
I'm actually finding it depressing. #BLM is a worthy cause and I'm horrified at what happened to George Floyd....but the cynic in me secretly wonders if JB isn't partially using it to push his own career. And it's working.

As a Reylo fan I'm tired of being hated. And although I like Daisy, I'm seriously not interested in anything to do with SW these days. DLF have proven themselves to be the toxic ones, and I think personally much of the way Kylo was essentially thrown away in TROS was JJ Abrams pandering to the wishes of JB, OI and DR. It's put me off them.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 04 Jun 2020, 2:23 pm

There are some bad faith people out there (the immediate response shouldn't be "remember when the Reylos attacked"), but I do believe John is entirely sincere in supporting BLM. It's been nice to see even Reylos who took major issue with him (myself included) prioritizing his current actions over his SW fandom nonsense. I hope that fighting actual fascism keeps him away from making any more untoward statements about Kylo or his fans. The difference should be glaringly obvious at this point.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Thu 04 Jun 2020, 4:36 pm

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I wish I could feel the same way, but post his comments on SM, I've lost a lot of respect for him.

I've also noticed outpourings of love for Finn and JB all over the internet, much of it from Kylo and Reylo haters, and lots of praise for what he's said about Reylos, including a comment by a person who suffered abuse,.
Thanking him from condemning the'toxic relationship' and his little video stunt on SM.
I'm actually finding it depressing. #BLM is a worthy cause and I'm horrified at what happened to George Floyd....but the cynic in me secretly wonders if JB isn't partially using it to push his own career. And it's working.

As a Reylo fan I'm tired of being hated. And although I like Daisy, I'm seriously not interested in anything to do with SW these days. DLF have proven themselves to be the toxic ones, and I think personally much of the way Kylo was essentially thrown away in TROS was JJ Abrams pandering to the wishes of JB, OI and DR. It's put me off them.
@motherofpearl1

I guess we'll never know the complete truth behind this mess. If I understand well, Daisy mentioned recently that J.J. was open-minded with her opinion about some of his ideas and that she is thankful to him for not keeping one particular idea. I hope  it's not related to Reylo in any way but since she's not allowed to reveal what it was about for now, I guess it's either because of a particular clause of her contract or because the topic is sensitive. It's really hard to figure out her true opinion on Reylo. I supposed that if it had disturbed her to the core, she would have pushed the idea away harder. However, I don't imagine her agreeing with the idea of Rey getting married with twins on the carriage at the end of her journey. I must admit too that John's tweet about "SW romance" makes me wonder. Whatever their personal opinion, it would be surprising that he and Daisy never discussed about it after it came to the theaters. She probably knows very well how about whatever insatisfaction he had regarding Finn's character development  co. In any case, I think it's really sad that people are so ferovious about a fictional relationship and don't even try to differentiate a toxic dynamic from a toxic relationship  
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/daisy-ridley-star-wars-skywalker.html/
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Thu 04 Jun 2020, 9:53 pm

About the pandemic, my country doesn't make the homework, we don't test enough, but we're still running to be the number one in number of deaths.

The whole world's a mess right now.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 04 Jun 2020, 10:22 pm

@reylo1992 wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:I wish I could feel the same way, but post his comments on SM, I've lost a lot of respect for him.

@motherofpearl1

I guess we'll never know the complete truth behind this mess. If I understand well, Daisy mentioned recently that J.J. was open-minded with her opinion about some of his ideas and that she is thankful to him for not keeping one particular idea. I hope  it's not related to Reylo in any way but since she's not allowed to reveal what it was about for now, I guess it's either because of a particular clause of her contract or because the topic is sensitive. It's really hard to figure out her true opinion on Reylo. I supposed that if it had disturbed her to the core, she would have pushed the idea away harder. However, I don't imagine her agreeing with the idea of Rey getting married with twins on the carriage at the end of her journey. I must admit too that John's tweet about "SW romance" makes me wonder. Whatever their personal opinion, it would be surprising that he and Daisy never discussed about it after it came to the theaters. She probably knows very well how about whatever insatisfaction he had regarding Finn's character development  co. In any case, I think it's really sad that people are so ferovious about a fictional relationship and don't even try to differentiate a toxic dynamic from a toxic relationship  
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/daisy-ridley-star-wars-skywalker.html/

I've already signed out of one forum because I'm sick of the Kylo/Reylo hate. I don't like being seen as 'racist' because I'm not a Finn/Rey shipper, or finding out that a lot of hate for Kylo as a character stems from people who stan Finn not happy that he 'didn't get the girl'. These same people have defended Boyega's horrible SM comments, and actually praised him for them. When I stated that I found his 'laying the pipe' comment repugnant I was given a lecture about how instead I should be more offended by the racism Boyega apparently suffered on SM.
I'm a Reylo fan, and I refuse to be demonised for it by Kylo haters masking their hate with self righteousness. And my respect for Boyega as a person disappeared post TROS. I've also been saddened on seeing several Reylo blogs deleted or shut down by their creators.
JB is currently SW's golden boy. No mention of how this company treated Kelly, who was the REAL victim of racism both by online trolls and DLF. Perhaps she needs a soapbox to stand on..
Isaac, Ridley and Boyega got what they wanted with TROS, which was an entire film dedicated to their tedious characters while Adam, Kelly and Domhnall were shunted aside, and not a single bellyache from them. I have nothing but admiration for them. I hope RJ has an opportunity to work with them again.

I'm just waiting for all the Finn and Rey stuff to start coming out of DLF.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Fri 05 Jun 2020, 7:39 pm

@DeeBee wrote:
@unicorn wrote:

I had to laugh (again) about  "...this was made with a lot of love and JJ [Abrams] worked really hard to tie up nine films."

Again: Maybe less love in the process of making this movie and more knowledge about proper storytelling and character development would have served this movie better. And sorry, but he did nothing but working really hard to butcher all previous 8 movies. Ridicoulus.
@unicorn
I think it was made with a lot of love for TFA [and a lot of hate for TLJ!]
Tie up nine films? I think not. the PT was barely referred to, it was all about their love obsession for Luke and Leia!

@californiagirl wrote:I don't even think it was made with love for TFA. It might have been a better movie if it had. It did have a weird, misplaced, inaccurate love/understanding of the OT which sort of mangled that too.
@californiagirl

Sorry I'm a bit slow to reply, I just came across this comment californiagirl, which seems to be in response to my comment that I quoted here too.

Just to clarify, I was commenting from the perspective of the filmmakers who made TROS.
I was saying the people involved genuinely think they made it with love.  But, their love of Star wars is in my view warped.
I figure they made TROS with love for how they saw Star Wars / how they wanted Star Wars to be- which was evidently very different to how I saw Star Wars.
I also think it was very different to how GL, the ultimate creator of the story, saw Star Wars...
In the end Star Wars became the powerful large corporation that GL was warning us about through his story!
All this contributes to my current view that Star Wars is no longer made for people like me.
So unless there is a major change here in LFL, I don't see that changing.
Sorry to pop in and be such a downer. oh boy.
I guess in these times there are way more important things to think about and focus our energies on that Star Wars anyway! I love you

edited to add:
@reylo1992 wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@reylo1992

Thanks for sharing that article, it's a great find!
Hmmm so what was the thing? we still don't know huh. A bit like what Finn really wanted to tell Rey?! haaaaa..
I believe it was always the plan to kill off the Skywalker blood line, so for me - I don't think what she vetoed was related to Reylo babies.
Let me guess..
-Rey and Finn are secretly twins, separated at birth..
-Rey and Poe are secretly twins, separated at birth..
-Rey and Zorii Bliss are secretly twins, separated at birth..
-Rey was a clone of Palpatine..
-Rey doesn't restart the old Jedi order, and instead is the new true Jedi..
-Rey is really Palpatine's granddaughter, her father being a Palpatine clone. [ Oh wait. No, that one didn't get shot down!!!!!]

@Atenais wrote:About the pandemic, my country doesn't make the homework, we don't test enough, but we're still running to be the number one in number of deaths.

The whole world's a mess right now.
@Atenais

indeed- sending hugs your way.

Last edited by DeeBee on Fri 05 Jun 2020, 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comments..)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Sat 06 Jun 2020, 2:40 am

@californiagirl wrote:There are some bad faith people out there (the immediate response shouldn't be "remember when the Reylos attacked"), but I do believe John is entirely sincere in supporting BLM. It's been nice to see even Reylos who took major issue with him (myself included) prioritizing his current actions over his SW fandom nonsense. I hope that fighting actual fascism keeps him away from making any more untoward statements about Kylo or his fans. The difference should be glaringly obvious at this point.
@californiagirl

I wish I could believe he’s entirely sincere— obviously it’s such an important cause— but he’s a narcissist. And right now he’s getting positive attention from doing this right when there is change in the air, and in an industry that likes to think of itself as progressive. With lots of other celebrities standing up for the same cause— it doesn’t seem that risky. Colin Kaepernick on the other hand, took a stand in a conservative industry at a time when people weren’t ready for change, and he lost his career for it. I’m not a sports fan, but I’ve heard people who are say that Kaepernick is supposedly a pretty difficult guy and not the most pleasant person— regardless, I really admire his courage. His adherence to his values took him out of the limelight, but he hasn’t wavered from what I’ve seen— he’s not about the attention, but the cause. John Boyega has just showed such a hunger for attention and adulation that it’s hard to know what to think of him. Just my opinion.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 06 Jun 2020, 3:05 am

@Lily Snape wrote:
@californiagirl wrote:There are some bad faith people out there (the immediate response shouldn't be "remember when the Reylos attacked"), but I do believe John is entirely sincere in supporting BLM. It's been nice to see even Reylos who took major issue with him (myself included) prioritizing his current actions over his SW fandom nonsense. I hope that fighting actual fascism keeps him away from making any more untoward statements about Kylo or his fans. The difference should be glaringly obvious at this point.
@californiagirl

I wish I could believe he’s entirely sincere— obviously it’s such an important cause— but he’s a narcissist. And right now he’s getting positive attention from doing this right when there is change in the air, and in an industry that likes to think of itself as progressive. With lots of other celebrities standing up for the same cause— it doesn’t seem that risky. Colin Kaepernick on the other hand, took a stand in a conservative industry at a time when people weren’t ready for change, and he lost his career for it. I’m not a sports fan, but I’ve heard people who are say that Kaepernick is supposedly a pretty difficult guy and not the most pleasant person— regardless, I really admire his courage. His adherence to his values took him out of the limelight, but he hasn’t wavered from what I’ve seen— he’s not about the attention, but the cause. John Boyega has just showed such a hunger for attention and adulation that it’s hard to know what to think of him. Just my opinion.

You have stated exactly how I feel. Post JB's comments on twitter I lost respect for him as a person, although I still think he's a fine actor. It's not easy to like and respect someone who personally ridicules you on SM, especially when you got similar flak from bullies as a kid - ironically my love for SW was one of the reasons I got picked on. The first thing I thought on seeing him there was it was more of an opportunity to boost his career than anything else.

On another forum they are gushing over him to the extent it's nauseating, and nearly all of them are Kylo haters.

What I don't like - in fact it's disturbing - is that it's given rise to an argument that Finn didn't get Rey as a love interest because of his skin colour. The poster I shall not name, on the forum I quit, actually called Adam a 'privileged'white man. And the same people choose to ignore that the Kylo character was coded as mentally ill. He's referred to a whiny, spoiled, petulant.... anyone who defends him is condemned as supporting women abusers and fascists.

They choose to ignore that people with disabilities are also targets of hate, especially if like in my case, it has forced them to give up work. In the UK in particular we've been singled out by our right wing government as 'skivers' living off the state. We identify with Kylo, just as people of colour identify with Finn, yet we get trashed for it. It's unfair and disheartening.
It's also been said that Abrams had to 'fight' to get JB hired to play Finn. I was genuinely bewildered here, because despite Disney's faults, the entire main cast of R1 were diverse - apart from Alan Tudyk, and he played a robot. And of course we got Emfys Nest and Val Beckett along with Lando in Solo.

Anyway, I can't stand with JB. But I DO stand with George Floyd's family, although on Wednesday night I knelt. Sorry about the rant.
And as a postscript - if one thing about JB's comments on FinnRey really makes me mad - it's an insult to Kelly.
Isn't an Asian woman good enough for you, John?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove on Sat 06 Jun 2020, 7:52 pm

I respect JB's involvement and I see him as sincere and passionate. He's a young man and most of his questionable behavior online reveals his immaturity - so often I asked myself, after his online outbursts, what is he, twelve? He has still so much to learn, and I hope he will. Maybe he could listen too? But then, whomever dares to criticize him, gets attacked as patronizing whites who can't stand black outspokenness and/or anger.

There's so many black and POC actors who are more articulate and show deeper understanding of inequalities, including gender. Terry Crews is such a clever and courageous man that I admire very much. From what I was able to discern, not living in America or UK, Jordan Peele, Donald Glover, Riz Ahmed, Gael Garcia Bernal and many more are all both talented and politically outspoken, and I seriously doubt they would allow themselves the kind of childish behavior that JB sometimes indulges in in his tweets. But what would I know...
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 07 Jun 2020, 2:37 am

You know, thinking of what Daisy said, that she was disappointed with audience reaction to TROS because it was 'made with love'.....
I wonder if that was part of the problem?
JJ was a huge Luke/Leia shipper. He found a perfect ally in Terrio. JJ also has a lot of affection for Oscar, John and Daisy. Whereas Rian looked at what made TFA work, and what was best about it and ran with it, JJ decided to indulge his friends, and gave them what they wanted, in addition to fulfilling his own personal fantasy and that of his co writer.
Thus, the film is all about the twins and Rey. Because frankly, the entire film has pushed Rey to such an extent it's actually embarrassing. Looking at the first two films Rey is given a major role but the other characters got plenty of attention. But TROS is all.about.Rey.
She suddenly becomes all powerful, possessing the ability to heal, becoming the Resistance's best fighter, best pilot. Finn and Poe are both commanding officers but follow her around like love sick puppies, eager to accompany her every where she goes. Leia chooses her over her own son - the scene where she 'reached' for Ben wasn't to save her son, it was to save Rey. In fact it nearly got him killed. Every person she met fell in love with her. She succeeds in killing Palpatine alone where everyone else couldn't. She has all the past Jedi visit her in spirit, not even Luke got that! And even when she dies, the Force itself won't take her body, as Ben Solo has been selected as life force donor so this magnificent creature can be proudly returned to the galaxy.

They haven't venerated Rey as deified her. 'She is all the Jedi' - the official blu ray release tagline.

Nope, SHE is someone's personal fan****.
I honestly don't know who's idea it was to turn Rey into that...but it's not done Daisy or her character any favours.

I've just been blocked as a racist on another forum by a poster who didn't like me suggesting that JB's current political stance may be less than altruistic.

motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Mon 08 Jun 2020, 10:49 am

@MaddieDove wrote:I respect JB's involvement and I see him as sincere and passionate. He's a young man and most of his questionable behavior online reveals his immaturity - so often I asked myself, after his online outbursts, what is he, twelve? He has still so much to learn, and I hope he will. Maybe he could listen too? But then, whomever dares to criticize him, gets attacked as patronizing whites who can't stand black outspokenness and/or anger.

There's so many black and POC actors who are more articulate and show deeper understanding of inequalities, including gender. Terry Crews is such a clever and courageous man that I admire very much. From what I was able to discern, not living in America or UK, Jordan Peele, Donald Glover, Riz Ahmed, Gael Garcia Bernal and many more are all both talented and politically outspoken, and I seriously doubt they would allow themselves the kind of childish behavior that JB sometimes indulges in in his tweets. But what would I know...
@MaddieDove

I wouldn’t cite Terry Crews given his dumbass tweet about black supremacy yesterday lol. But yeah, on Boyega tbh he has always been vocal and outspoken on issues to do with the black community, so it’s not something that just cropped up with him overnight tbh. But I also have to agree with ppl here where the cynic in me wonders if he’s doing this to further push his career, given how it’s flagging right now, and his outspokenness won a lot of support over from other celebrities right now.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 08 Jun 2020, 11:02 am

I'm feeling pretty cynical at the moment regarding SW.
The thing is, I'm honestly bewildered why he's got such a bee in his bonnet regarding reylos. Originally the characters of Rey (Kira) and Finn (Sam) were both meant to be white. And they were NEVER meant to be a romantic couple. None of the reylos I follow on Tumblr are against Finn - many are people of colour themselves, and, like me, used to love his character. Finn had more screen time than Kylo in TFA, and WAY more in TROS. I agree Finn's character arc was wasted in TROS, but it had nothing to do with Kylo.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum