Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by californiagirl on Mon 08 Jun 2020, 1:20 pm

I saw someone note today how weird it is that Celebration hasn't been formally canceled, despite the fact that panels were supposed to be decided on in May, HR's launch is delayed to next year, coronavirus is still rising in the US with no wide-scale plan, many international visitors can't actually travel, and major venues like convention centers and theme parks aren't open. Just give people their money back or announce a new date next year.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by KiraRen2015 on Mon 08 Jun 2020, 6:03 pm

@californiagirl Yes I'm also confused about that. I live in the UK yet before TROS I had planned to go. I bought my ticket and booked flight tickets and an airbnb. Now I'm not going to LA at all but I've managed to delay my trip to May next year but I want a refund for my SWC ticket at least
KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 09 Jun 2020, 1:52 am

At the present moment people who have booked holidays are trying to get refunded, some companies are trying to stall, Disney I think are putting everything off in the hope that they'll be able to open again soon, but they're not being fair, any of them.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Tue 09 Jun 2020, 4:09 am

I may have missed this discussion, if so sorry!
Just wondering what people make of this?
https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/ecromq/what_i_know_about_tros_production/
This was 5 months ago...
I’m wondering what leaks have come out post TROS about what was happening in LFL?
Anyone able to or willing to share? Just curious...
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 09 Jun 2020, 6:32 am

This could explain Matt Smith's sudden disappearance, I'm genuinely sorry because Son of Mortis would have been an amazing villain, and Smith would have rocked it.

As for JJ hating TLJ .....it wouldn't surprise me one bit. A YouTube reviewer said the film retconned TLJ in a manner that was almost vengeful. I honestly wonder if JJ's hate was Rian making Kylo sympathetic?

Talking of Kylo.....on another forum a lot of Kylo haters are now saying that Reylo was racist as Rey should have been Finn's girl. I'm honestly disturbed by this now.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn on Tue 09 Jun 2020, 12:45 pm

Who knows what´s true and what´s fiction in this speculation.
But at least this whole Matt Smith thing was very strange.
And to butcher a movie like JJ did it with TLJ, is in my opinion not a sign of love for this movie, to put it mildly.
Maybe one day we will hear the truth why almost everything with this movie went so wrong. :-(
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 09 Jun 2020, 1:00 pm

I'd like to hear myself what idea Daisy 'vetoed' apparently she said now the films are finished it's okay to talk about it.....but we haven't heard anything yet!

One thing that saddens me....I dead a comment from someone who said they found Reylo more repugnant than John's little pipe comment. Which is ironic as John is real, and Reylo isn't.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 09 Jun 2020, 1:47 pm

Okay for some reason I have posted the same comment twice.
Sorry!

I've just looked at the official SW website, it's completely erased Kylo/Ben.

Has Adam offended them by stealing the entire saga?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Tue 09 Jun 2020, 8:22 pm

If anything, TFA was the movie that made Kylo sympathetic, or at least started his fanbase. TLJ and TROS, flawed as the latter was, only got more people on his side. I think JJ's issue was seeing unfamiliar things, not having preexisting material to rehash anymore, or perhaps seeing that many people (in his mind) were unhappy from the earlier movies. Though I too wanted Kylo done better in TROS, his portrayal is honestly the least of that film's problems.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 10 Jun 2020, 2:12 am

I'm genuinely taken aback by the hatred many Finn fans have for Kylo, because I haven't seen any hatred for Finn from Kylo fans. A lot of us lost respect for JB post his little social media stunt, but before that Finn was well liked by Reylo fans.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Fri 12 Jun 2020, 10:27 pm

hi all, I don't know how long this has been updated but I just stopped by the starwars database and they've started updating the entries with TROS content.. it looks like the main pages for characters have been updated, and the galleries are yet to be updated.

I actually just wrote up a massive summary of what's new and accidentally deleted it. I think it's a sign. lol. Aaand I've probably spared you a whole lot of salty DeeBee comments! rofl!
I found it cathartic reading the summaries, and seeing the plot laid out like that in basic english, really highlighted for me what a lame plot this truly was. I hope if you check it out, it helps you too!

Looks like Ben Solo doesn't get his own entry, he remains Supreme Leader Kylo Ren
Rey's name hasn't been updated. Rofl. No Rey Skywalker entry - she just Rey!!

Kylo
I went straight to Kylo's entry..
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 12 Ben-rey-exegol_2918ccfc
this is image is sooooo bittersweet to me!
I'll just share this bit..
"Ben hurried to Exegol and fought Palpatine alongside Rey. Rey destroyed the Sith Lord, but the effort left her dying. Making a sacrifice that recalled that of Anakin Skywalker, Ben gave his life to heal her. Redeemed by this selfless act, he then passed into the Force."
oh boy.. the way his death is described is just... ugh!
-'left Rey dying?' ummm she was DEAD!
Thoughts everyone??!!

Reylo?
So far, there is zero coverage of the Reylo kiss here!!!! I wonder if they will dare to acknowledge it's existence when the galleries are updated..
Actually now I think about it there seems to be zero reference to there being any kind of feelings between the two - other than 'connection' gag Star Wars!!! you truly are a bunch of wimps!!!! [and way to go gaslighting Reylos guys]
The stories of these characters deserve to be told by creators better than the likes of you!!!!!!

The Snuppet
I found Snoke's entry has been updated.. they have literally tagged onto the end of his entry one sentence based on TROS content. Much like how they tagged on the Snoke plot twist! Hilarious (new bit bolded) :
"Snoke ordered Kylo to complete his training by killing Rey, exulting at the resolve he sensed in his oft-conflicted apprentice. But Snoke’s visions and Force senses had betrayed him. The former Ben Solo ignited Luke Skywalker’s lightsaber, cleaving his master in two and ending Snoke’s life. Kylo thought he had destroyed a key part of the past that tormented him, but would soon discover Snoke had been created and controlled by a more powerful master of the dark side, as part of a sinister scheme set in motion decades earlier."
-Did Snoke even have visions and force senses? If he was really palps? me confused..
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 12 Snoke_18
ROFL  - he is actually called a 'Puppet' - it's a Snuppet!

The Knights of Ren
Finally, the Knights of Ren section has appeared..
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 12 Main_s11
They look so good.
These guys sum up this movie for me perfectly: Look great, full of such promise and... a total let down!

Palpatine
The updates about Palpatine are... whoa! has there been any articles online about this content being updated?
Because for me it makes the plot holes even more obvious.
It's a real hoot to see his plot line laid out like this.
"When Kylo Ren found his way to Exegol, Sidious promised him command of the Sith armada he’d prepared and a new empire. But he was continuing to manipulate the conflicted Skywalker heir. Palpatine’s real target was his granddaughter, Rey, who’d eluded his grasp on Jakku years ago. If Rey struck him down, Palpatine’s spirit would pass into her, allowing the Sith to be reborn.
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 12 Palpatine-fighting-rey_c2354291
Rey resisted him with the help of Ben, who’d returned to the light. But their defiance gave Sidious a new opportunity – he would drain the energy of their Force dyad to restore his own body, then rule alone. Though Sidious was a vessel of all the Sith’s power, his granddaughter was assisted by the spirits of the departed Jedi. Rey turned his fell power back at him, destroying him."

Palpatine changes his plans once he finds he can use the force dyad to restore himself.. when Snoke (the Snuppet) knew about their connection in TLJ so why was it a surprise to him in TROS? Shocked

I'd like to see if the database can shed light on the whole Rey and Kylo fight and Leia dies sequence..
Oh and Leia's jedi training and knowing Rey is a Palpatine thing. aie. Maybe another day..
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 12 Jun 2020, 10:47 pm

A lot of the Palpatine stuff appears to have changed or been added late into the game, so I'm not surprised it makes no sense. The fact she's not Rey Skywalker is hilarious. None of the official merch, not even much of the marketing/coverage, have referred to her as such.

SW has mostly moved on from TROS it seems. The announcements recently have been an anthology of ESB stories and a couple of video games, the Jedi Challenge show with Ahmed Best and kid contestants just started, the Mando gallery show will wrap up soon.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 13 Jun 2020, 1:07 am

I'll never forgive them for the way they treated Ben Solo, but I'm genuinely curious as to why it happened. Were they afraid of repercussions from #metoo if they went ahead with the 'toxic' Reylo romance? Was it JJ and Terrio wanting to erase the Solos and focus on their faux Skywalker heir? Or did Daisy have any input, as she twice 'shot down' Reylo in the media ' 'I can't get behind it personally', 'Rey doesn't need a boyfriend' (although it seems John Boyega has other ideas regarding the latter).
I really wish we could find out what it was she talked JJ out of doing with her character!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sat 13 Jun 2020, 12:40 pm

I honestly don't think they realized, or at least didn't care, how much Kylo was a cornerstone of the ST's fandom. TROS was not made with smart financial decisions in mind, it appears Iger let JJ and Terrio do whatever they wanted regardless of the repercussions. Clearly they thought people would respond to their many strange creative decisions better than they actually did.

I really, really don't think it was Daisy who shot down Reylo. She claimed Rey no one until the very end, but that didn't stop them from going all Rey Palpatine on everyone anyway. It didn't matter what she wanted or believed for her character, or that she's JJ's favorite, she clearly wasn't the one in charge of major story choices here.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 13 Jun 2020, 2:12 pm

The sad thing is, Rey Palpatine would have worked better if Ben survived and they married. "My mother was the daughter of Darth Vader, your father was the son of Palpatine.

And just imagine what amazing stories they could have done, with both Rey and Kylo struggling with their dark heritages and Finn and Poe reacting to it.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sat 13 Jun 2020, 5:36 pm

I saw many people saying how cool Rey Palpatine could have been if that had been the story the whole time.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 14 Jun 2020, 1:01 am

Worst thing is Kylo haters are now saying that he obviously lied to Rey in TLJ, which proves he was just manipulating her all along.

This film is a disaster area. It did nothing but regress the characters and provide flashy action scenes which got tedious after a while. I have no idea what they were trying to do.
One thing is obvious - why on earth did they hire Terrio as a writer after his mess up of Justice League and Batman versus Superman?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Mon 15 Jun 2020, 4:00 am

Just thought I’d mention wonderful Kasiopea is creating Reylo content again....and I’m loving it! (Thanks Kasiopea)
Not sure if I’m allowed to share the art here but it’s a awesome TROS if Ben survived and had to actually talk to Finn and Poe.
https://twitter.com/KasiopeaArt
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 15 Jun 2020, 8:12 am

Yes, I'm so glad, I love her artwork.

Sad thing is post TROS, I'm seeing everything in a different light, and I'm now convinced Ben loved Rey very much, but she didn't return those feelings. I'm also finding it hard to read Reylo fic because of it, so Kasiopeia and her art I'd a welcome lift.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Mon 15 Jun 2020, 11:21 am

Celebration delayed to 2022. Don't know why it took them so long to commit to this, but it will be very interesting to see what SW even looks like at that point. What shows will be out, or about to be out, will there actually be a movie that year? Also, D23 is next year, so there will probably be some stuff there too.

https://www.starwars.com/news/an-update-on-star-wars-celebration-2020
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 15 Jun 2020, 11:29 am

Are they refunding everyone?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by KiraRen2015 on Mon 15 Jun 2020, 12:26 pm

@motherofpearl1 Yes or you can transfer your tickets to the 2022 event. I'm opting for the refund.
KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 15 Jun 2020, 12:33 pm

@KiraRen2015 wrote:@motherofpearl1 Yes or you can transfer your tickets to the 2022 event. I'm opting for the refund.
I'd do exactly the same if I were in your shoes, post TROS heaven knows what stunt they might pull next!

Maybe it'll be a trilogy about Rey and Finn raising the child Rey's magically conceived on her onesie proudly watched over by the ghosts of all the Jedi!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Mon 15 Jun 2020, 4:04 pm

Seriously though, I'm pretty confident they're not going to do a Rey trilogy. The ST was supposed to be the Rey trilogy already. Nor does LF like her, or the ST characters, nearly as much as you make it sound. They were supposed to be an investment, but they blew it at the end and already seem to have given up on them and their fanbase (which they don't acknowledge even exists). There's no Rey agenda, not really, at least not anymore.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 15 Jun 2020, 4:21 pm

I was joking, actually!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum