Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by DeeBee on Tue 23 Jun 2020, 3:10 am

@motherofpearl1 yep soooo good.. reylotastic
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 23 Jun 2020, 1:45 pm

This is a bit adult so be careful with kids...BUT it's great viewing if you need a real good laugh!
https://youtu.be/9H91ZTzqVI4
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 25 Jun 2020, 12:43 am

californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Thu 25 Jun 2020, 9:03 pm

@californiagirl

Wow. We just watched Nausicaa the other day and my husband kept referring to Princess Kushana as Captain Phasma, lol.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 26 Jun 2020, 3:52 am

Princess Mononoke is one of my favourite all time movies, I wish they'd used it as inspiration for the ST, regarding the concept of good and evil. I remember watching it with commentary and the commentator said in this world, no one is entirely good. And no one is entirely bad.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sun 28 Jun 2020, 3:52 am

@californiagirl wrote:It's the one What the Force did with the Ben Solo/independent bookstore charity a couple months back. It's actually very good and intelligent, and Soule clearly cares so much more than Terrio and his ilk, about both his own SW stories and actually reading the rest of canon. Some of the other authors, like the one who wrote the RR novel, in turn was reading his stuff. Even the guy writing the new Poe book sent it to Soule so they could all try to be on the same page. Look at that, people trying to avoid continuity errors.

But he also has a rather pessimistic view of the force, that's a bit controlling and manipulative, which is somewhat un-George Lucas-like, and for that reason didn't mind Ben dying so much as others. For some reason people started conflating this with that Filoni comment from the TROS book about being structurally irredeemable, which itself may be taken out of context. It was a whole mess.
@californiagirl

I finally got to this interview, and it was not easy to listen to. I do think though that listening to Marie-Claire’s discussion with Ty in the next episode was a soothing balm to follow...
The force as some kind of cruel puppet master is a sad and tragic way to go with the force’s story. WTF nails why this is so unsatisfying, and I couldn’t put it better than them.
I’m so glad it’s not just me!

@motherofpearl1 wrote:You know, I find it puzzling that over the years the Force has taken on the traits of a sentient being, when in the OT it was described as an energy field generated by life itself.
@motherofpearl1

I can’t remember where we first heard there is a cosmic force and the living force.. but looking back at a new hope, I think the story suggests the force wanted good to conquer evil. Like it wanted the death start to be destroyed..
but to be honest I now see the story of the force as not making sense as a coherent whole...
I think the concept of the force is kinda broken now.
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Sun 28 Jun 2020, 5:05 am

The cosmic force and living force we first heard about In clone wars - Qui Gon’s spirit ( before he’s fully able to manifest himself and keep obi wan company on Tatooine- the short story by Claudia Gray master and apprentice in “ from a certain point of view “ explains what it’s like to be one with the force and how far a force ghost can go to the point that they are nearly fully flesh  ) to yoda explaining it . I don’t think the force is cruel but since the cosmic force is in all living things he will take on the “ image “ of the host so if that host tends to be nasty then the force will manifest as such in them. Star Wars is the realm of the force , the inner sanctum , a spiritual world we are told again and again, the land of ghosts vader tells us in lords of the Sith novel ( when he sees past the charade ). Christopher Lee said in a documentary recently ( around the time of his birthday ) that the force was another synonym for God ( which is what I believe if you look at the mythical structure of Star Wars) and this is the story of the force ( cosmic represented by the skywalkers in their many incarnations  and living through Rey by the end ) . The force collector book seems to hint at this with karr seeing his place in the force as the jug that pours into the vessel . Ben pretty much sees himself in the same way we are told in the TROS novel ( the novel describes it like this like he’s water pouring himself into Rey but it’s also metaphorically like a sexual act ) and this concept comes from the Old Testament about the silver cord and one pouring into the other ( two parts of the soul - your soulmate who will never leave you as twin flames concept ). It’s complicated . I don’t think we’ve seen the last of Ben. Am going to leave a few links below .
The first links are from Isaiah - how the lord of hosts ( avatars ) ie the chosen one ,only son ( Ben solo means only son ) , messiah will have a helmet and cloak and rage , will command armies and then how the helmet comes off and he won’t hide from his beloved anymore and will be a husband to her and give her a new name . It’s dracula esque too( God the husband , lord of hosts with his bride but see the TROS novel where Rey goes into the desert to meet kylo like she’s in a hypnotic trance drawn to kylo like a magnet )  but also incestuous since he is father and mother too In that he saves her and “delivers“ her ( Rey) back safely From death .

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 14 Ae7c0710
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 14 Bb04fd10
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 14 43729010

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 14 257f5a10
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 14 F4d2d210
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 14 Dfdd6710
It won’t let me add more photos Sad
Am gonna add something more about this below
Am having tech problems lol so
Will have to see if can post later but wanted to add more evidence about the silver cord /twin flame concept which is basically your soulmate and also how Ben solo is like lord shiva ( chandrila where Ben solo is born is another name for lord shiva ) because this ties in big time with prime Jedi , Adam and Eve and him as God /cosmic force as lord shiva splits his soul into two and the feminine side shakhti is his wife and they are inseparable- two yet one .

Last edited by AhsokaTano on Mon 29 Jun 2020, 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 28 Jun 2020, 6:41 am

Unfortunately I honestly don't see Ben Solo ever returning to SW now.
I've had to log off from another forum I was on because of the intensifying hatred of his character. About eighty percent of the posters loathe him, and although some are quite cheerful about it and freely admit it's because he killed Han, or they preferred him as a bad guy, there are a worrying amount who have a disturbing, deep, profound resentment of him because:
He is seen as an abusive creep who stalks Rey (no surprise there, we've heard it all before)
More disturbing - he stole the part that should have been Finn's. Which is racist.

There is HUGE support for John Boyega on this forum. Fine, but I'm stunned that he apparently resented not being male lead, and his supporters agree with him. And they're blaming Kylo. Apparently there should have been a Finn/Rey romance, which they consider much healthier than the toxic romance between the noble Rey and the whiny, self pitying, privileged white male Kylo. They've accused DLF of being racist in not giving Finn the prime role opposite Rey. They've accused Rian of racism for promoting Reylo and not FinnRey. Rian, who gave an Asian woman a major role in a blockbuster movie.
Most of these ranters are white women. I've tried standing up to them, but realized nothing I say will effect their tunnel vision version of the truth. The final straw for me was when one of them said Han was a creep in ESB because he pursued Leia 'against her will.'
As a kid I loved that romance. When I sarcastically said these days it'd be the other way around I got:
'So it should be.'

Normally it wouldn't bother me. We're entitled to love or hate what we choose. But I'm concerned DLF might actually start listening to these sites. John is currently front and centre on the official SW website because of his #BLM stance (admirable yes), and because they have a dodgy track record in the past Disney are desperate to prove they aren't racist, especially in the current climate.
So...I wouldn't be the slightest bit of if in future we get a FinnRey romance. It might only be in books or comics but they've already set the scene.
Ben is dead. And the virtual erasure of him, from SW Insider magazine to Lego sets to the SW website, shows they have zero interest in reviving the character. Meanwhile Finn's revelation as Force sensitive and Rae Carson's insistence in her novel that Rey has moved on, and intends to return to her friends, pages the way for Rey training Finn and of course, the wholesome nice couple falling in lurve.

Kylo has gone. But so has Ben. Adam, who has been nothing but professional and dignified from start to finish, and whose performance was the highlight of the trilogy, has been shafted just because he failed to tick the politically correct boxes.
This despite Boyega's shockingly childish behaviour on SM, which I pointed out to his fans only to be told 'Oh, he was joking.'
This the same person who calls Reylo and Han/Leia as toxic.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sun 28 Jun 2020, 11:38 am

The people in charge of LF, SW, and Disney won't be in charge forever. Everything has changed so much since the beginning of SW, I wouldn't be shocked to see things change more at some point. Dead characters have come back before, whether it was originally planned or not. I do not expect Kylo/Ben to return in any near future, but literally never seems like a bold claim.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

DeeBee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 28 Jun 2020, 12:38 pm

At the present moment, because of the terrible thing that happened to George Floyd, feelings are running high and DLF won't want to upset the 'woke' crowd. So whoever's in charge will be eager to forget Reylo. They don't want to upset those who see it as an abuse of women.
I have to say, Daisy's comments didn't do Reylo any favours. I often wonder if it's one of the reasons it was cancelled, as Abrams is genuinely fond of Daisy, and this comes through with TROS - the entire film is a Rey love fest.
And I'm sorry, but this idiot article doesn't help matters much.
https://www.themarysue.com/finn-rey-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker/
I just wish they'd let Ben survive. I wanted it more than Reylo. If Daisy wanted Lone Rey, fine. If John wanted Finn,Rey, fine. But I wish they'd left him alive. Let Ben Solo vanish into the horizon on the Falcon, becoming a Ronin atoning for his sins in a galaxy who thought he was dead. And finding someone who'd love and accept him for himself.
As a long term fan, I would have been cool with that. I've been with the Skywalker saga from beginning to end. I've loved these characters and grown old with them. I'm now ready to say goodbye to them. The future projects are not for me.
But I wanted a hopeful ending that left me feeling warm inside. Not this one. All it's done is destroy my memories.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Sun 28 Jun 2020, 6:16 pm

@californiagirl wrote:The people in charge of LF, SW, and Disney won't be in charge forever. Everything has changed so much since the beginning of SW, I wouldn't be shocked to see things change more at some point. Dead characters have come back before, whether it was originally planned or not. I do not expect Kylo/Ben to return in any near future, but literally never seems like a bold claim.
@californiagirl

I think for now they’re going to concentrate on the projects that move beyond the Skywalker saga, and spend a few good years on that. To be honest I don’t think I’d want the current people in charge to bring Ben back anyway, seeing how little faith I’ve got left in them.

I have so little interest in Rey at this point I don’t care if she gets together with Finn, or Poe, or whoever.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

MindAndMagic and DeeBee like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Mon 29 Jun 2020, 1:10 am

I don't trust them either. I don't think they really trust themselves at this point.

Also, this was going around today, and of course Rian chimed in, we know he's always been a prequel fan.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 14 Scree743
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 14 Scree744
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

MindAndMagic, Kylo Rey, DeeBee and Lawlita like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 29 Jun 2020, 3:31 am

The dignity and professionalism of Mr Rian Johnson never ceases to amaze me. DLF didn't deserve him, just as it didn't deserve Adam Driver. In years to come, people will see TLJ as the jewel it is, and TROS as a tacky B movie made by talentless hacks.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Mon 29 Jun 2020, 8:22 am

@Saracene wrote:
@californiagirl wrote:The people in charge of LF, SW, and Disney won't be in charge forever. Everything has changed so much since the beginning of SW, I wouldn't be shocked to see things change more at some point. Dead characters have come back before, whether it was originally planned or not. I do not expect Kylo/Ben to return in any near future, but literally never seems like a bold claim.
@californiagirl

I think for now they’re going to concentrate on the projects that move beyond the Skywalker saga, and spend a few good years on that. To be honest I don’t think I’d want the current people in charge to bring Ben back anyway, seeing how little faith I’ve got left in them.

I have so little interest in Rey at this point I don’t care if she gets together with Finn, or Poe, or whoever.
@Saracene

Same. I don't trust in them to bring Ben back and I don't really care about Rey. Sad.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 29 Jun 2020, 9:33 am

@Atenais wrote:
@Saracene wrote:
@californiagirl

@Saracene

Same. I don't trust in them to bring Ben back and I don't really care about Rey. Sad.
Yes, it is sad.
I've seen similar weary apathy from other reylos on Tumblr, although they still have deep affection for Ben/Kylo, they've lost most of their affection and respect for Rey. In an attempt to practically yell at the audience that these were Rey's films and this was her story, Abrams pushed her front and centre at the expense of every other character in the ST - but instead of endearing her to us it had precisely the opposite effect.
I've become increasingly disillusioned, by visiting other forums, on discovering the attitudes of other SW fans. They've accused DLF of racism for failing to promote Finn as leading man, vented hatred on Adam/Kylo for stealing Finn's screentime and 'girl'. Interestingly, no mention of the shocking treatment of Kelly Marie Tran, . The hate for Kylo, for being a 'privileged' white male, is worryingly borderline close to a personal hate for Adam himself. Their glee over the character's fate.....I've been a SW fan since I was twelve. Now I'm ashamed to be associated with them.

In a nutshell, TROS hasn't just destroyed the ST. It's ruined all my love for SW. It's brought a nine film saga to an utterly pointless miserable end, and the surviving protagonists are so tedious and unlikeable I no longer care what happens to them. Who cares if Finn becomes Rey's apprentice - he's already her groupie. Who cares if there's peace - it won't last. Who cares if Finn and Rey found a new Jedi order ' I couldn't care less about Dull and Duller's future progeny, or their students, or what happens now in a galaxy far far away, that's a cold and empty place without the family that was it's heart and soul.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Mon 29 Jun 2020, 3:34 pm

Take with a pinch of salt obviously, but I was told that Daisy herself personally didn’t want FinnRey. So that may have ruled it out either way in the future as well. And @motherofpearl1 it’s your decision to make of course, but you’d probably be better off not visiting those forums, they have a deep, obsessive hatred of Kylo that won’t go away, just let them stew in it and stick to your own fandom bubble imo. Not being invested in SW anymore makes it a lot easier, for me.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

MindAndMagic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 29 Jun 2020, 4:52 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:Take with a pinch of salt obviously, but I was told that Daisy herself personally didn’t want FinnRey. So that may have ruled it out either way in the future as well. And @motherofpearl1 it’s your decision to make of course, but you’d probably be better off not visiting those forums, they have a deep, obsessive hatred of Kylo that won’t go away, just let them stew in it and stick to your own fandom bubble imo. Not being invested in SW anymore makes it a lot easier, for me.

Which is exactly why I've chosen to leave, partly because I don't see the point of staying on a forum which isn't giving me any pleasure, and partly because I'll end up losing my temper and getting banned!

I wonder if Finn/Rey was the thing Daisy vetoed?
I've just seen an excerpt from the Secrets of the Jedi book..... apparently they're now calling Force bonds a 'dark Side' power.
Since when did SW become the tool of right wing religious extremism?
People are entitled to like or hate what they want - it's still a free country - but I find it disturbing that hatred for Kylo is dressed up as taking a stand against sexism and racism. And because this is how they've masked their petty dislike, DLF are apparently listening to them.

As one disgruntled person on SM said - this is Star Wars, not Song of the South.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Tue 30 Jun 2020, 10:35 am

"So, you wanna be a Skywalker?"  
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 14 Screen-Shot-2020-06-30-at-10-28-59-AM

[ZSHWNG] [SLICE]
"There, now you're a Skywalker."
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 30 Jun 2020, 11:01 am

Oh that's a good one - even Kylo got a scar!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 30 Jun 2020, 3:12 pm

Was browsing the Vanity Fair app for the magazine and this video popped up 4.5 years later where the questions George Lucas poses and JJ's awkward laughing/dodge of "you tell me, man" is really awkward in retrospect because the TRoS really was about spaceships, making the Force into nonsense, and JJ awkwardly laughing over what happens to Vader's grandchildren when the answer is that character got killed off. And they dragged out/teased Rey's parentage for hype and because extremely online and loud/conservative fans couldn't accept that she's just powerful on her own.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 14 Befunk12

George Lucas Explains Why He's Done Directing Star Wars Movies

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 30 Jun 2020, 3:43 pm

"What happened to Darth Vader's grandchildren?"

"Um... there was just one. He was psychologically abused by Palpatine's puppet all his life. He went 'dark' but was unable to deny the light. He fell in love with a Jedi, and ended up feeding her his life force to save her life at the cost of his own.
The last of Anakin's line died. But it's cool. You see George, the girl Han and Leia's son saved was Palpatine's granddaughter, and she's perfectly good (apart from a tendency to blow up ships and stab unarmed men) and SHE'S taken the Skywalker name.
So, you see George I've wiped out the entire family, but it doesn't matter because Palpatine's granddaughter lives on a d she's taken the Skywalker name.
Now isn't that hopeful and satisfying!"
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sat 04 Jul 2020, 11:35 am

Here's a thread to end all threads about the TROS production. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was true. I want the tell all, this is the closest we've gotten. Incorporates many of the things we've discussed without seeming too wish fulfillment. https://twitter.com/neon_heartbeat/status/1279378702372007936
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 04 Jul 2020, 1:01 pm

Nothing would surprise me anymore, but I refuse to see Abrams and Terrio as completely blameless. Regarding Adam being 'silent', he doesn't'do' social media so nothing new there. But I do remember him saying he enjoyed playing Kylo, so the fact that he went from that to wanting to forget SW speaks volumes in itself.

They need to retcon TROS. If not on film then in comics and books.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sat 04 Jul 2020, 1:41 pm

I don't think Terrio and JJ are blameless, but I don't think that's what the thread was saying. Regardless of those two and their distinct flaws, TROS screams massive studio intervention more than any movie I can think of, even Justice League or BvS. That Adam and KK, even JJ to an extent, went entirely MIA, even before release, says a lot.

So many people at LF don't seem to care for TROS, there's a reason there is no new content in the ST era or with those characters being announced. It's all HL, Mando, other TV stuff, and unrelated movies shrouded in mystery. Most of the people involved were not responsible for the creative decisions of TROS, but are left to clean up the mess anyway.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 04 Jul 2020, 3:54 pm

I still can't get my head around that so many'professionals' ......came up with this cross.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum