Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Page 29 of 29 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 29 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 15 Sep 2020, 8:50 am

I think everyone deserved better than this.
What a wasted opportunity. As for Ben and Leia passing into the Force, at peace....wow. So a mother was glad her son died as it was 'the only way he could find peace'. I find that frankly revolting. A mother would want her child to live. Anything, I suppose, rather than letting him within an inch of Perfect Rey's virgin thighs.
And ....WHERE THEN, WAS HIS FG?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 29 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by unicorn on Tue 15 Sep 2020, 11:41 am

Pffff, this whole "story" is utter nonsense. And now they try to shoehorn some sense into this mess. Not working.
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 15 Sep 2020, 12:16 pm

By repeatedly defending this rubbish they're only making things worse. I wish they'd just shut up.

Damage is done. Skywalkers and Solos dead, Palpatine's seed lives. And what's to stop him coming back yet again?
Hopeful satisfying ending.....heroes bloodline exterminated. Heroine who loves 'green things' , yearns for family, ends up on a s***** desert planet with someone else's home, someone else's droid, and two dead people.

If they wanted people to take interest in it, they should bring back Ben Solo.

And please.....no 'Force conceived' child for Rey. Bad enough she's Mary Sue, don't make her into the Virgin Mary as well!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Wed 16 Sep 2020, 1:08 am

@Saracene wrote:“All you need to be a hero is passion and drive... oh and massive force abilities too.” Some egalitarian message.

How is a hero journey different to an everyman journey? Luke in the OT was a complete everyman, an ordinary farm boy swept into an adventure. No one referred to the Skywalkers before the ST as some sort of elite royal family. It honestly feels like a forced perspective to justify Rey’s central role in the ST, like Rey Nobody is correcting something and it’s “undemocratic” to just follow generations in a *family space soap opera*. Yes of course SW doesn’t have to be about the Skywalkers or family soap, but then have the balls to genuinely make movies about the new characters instead of forcing them into the centre of the family saga while coasting on familiarity and nostalgia. Also, how is Rey not a Chosen One when TLJ basically says that the force picked her to be Kylo’s light side counterpart? Sounds like a Chosen One to me.

Sorry but all these “Rey Nobody is revolutionary and subversive” claims are IMO totally misguided.
@Saracene

OK, so if she’s Rey Nobody, then we’re saying that yes, the Force picked her, and she has massive Force abilities— but they just happened. It wasn’t some genetic predisposition from a family of geniuses. She’s like Shakespeare if she’s Rey Nobody— a kid from a regular place with amazing natural talent. The people who insisted from TFA that Rey must be descended from some Important-to-the-Galaxy family reminded me of the people who insist that the person who wrote Shakespeare’s works had to be someone important like Sir Francis Bacon, not Will Shakespeare, some random dude from Stratford. And I loved the idea that she could come from nowhere and be that powerful, in opposition to Ben Solo, who had all that heavy legacy weighing on him. I started out liking the idea of Rey Kenobi or (if done right, which Good Lord, it wasn’t) Rey Palpatine— but after TLJ, Rey Nobody seemed perfect to me.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Wed 16 Sep 2020, 6:54 am

I never understood the “she has to be related to explain her powers” thing, when the Skywalker family was always portrayed as an exception rather than the rule and there was no indication that the force powers had to be about special bloodlines.

For the same reason, I just don’t see Rey Nobody as any kind of game-changer for SW. I think people simply took the franchise’s focus on one single family as some sort of statement about the bloodlines that’s simply not there when you look at the world of SW as a whole. I mean, SW easily could have had a setup where force powers were the sole property of a small elite group of families who ruled the galaxy; then a complete nobody with powers would have been a genuine change to the status quo. But as is, Rey’s powers are business as usual and it’s Anakin and his decision to marry and have children that’s outside the norm.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 on Wed 16 Sep 2020, 2:51 pm

@Saracene wrote:I never understood the “she has to be related to explain her powers” thing, when the Skywalker family was always portrayed as an exception rather than the rule and there was no indication that the force powers had to be about special bloodlines.

For the same reason, I just don’t see Rey Nobody as any kind of game-changer for SW. I think people simply took the franchise’s focus on one single family as some sort of statement about the bloodlines that’s simply not there when you look at the world of SW as a whole. I mean, SW easily could have had a setup where force powers were the sole property of a small elite group of families who ruled the galaxy; then a complete nobody with powers would have been a genuine change to the status quo. But as is, Rey’s powers are business as usual and it’s Anakin and his decision to marry and have children that’s outside the norm.
@Saracene

Yeah I think it was more a game changer for the fandom who became obsessed with the parentage theories and characters being related to each other. In the story someone having the force and not having force powerful lineage isn't out of the ordinary.

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 18 Sep 2020, 11:46 am

Oh look, another person who cares about Ben and the ST characters. Probably won't happen, but still, it's nice to have friends.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 29 Scree764
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 18 Sep 2020, 12:36 pm

I'll never forget the car numberplate
SOIO BEN

We are not alone!😆
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Wed 23 Sep 2020, 10:41 am

Not TROS-related, but apparently another bounty hunter comic killed another pregnant women on page. Seriously, Ethan Sacks, what is up with you?
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 29 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum